We Meet

Brain

Jessica stepped out the house and began to walk around the familiar town, remembering memories as she passed by. She saw the town fair and her feet automatically walked towards it, luckily she had brought some pocket money as she bought a ticket. She began to walk around until she saw the Haunted House.

 

It hadn't changed a bit. Not one bit. And Jessica loved that.


Right behind Jessica was a tan girl, who was also staring at the Haunted House. They were so close, yet so far, as both of them walked the other way. Yuri hadn't noticed Jessica because Yuri was used to seeing blonde hair on Jessica, and Jessica didn't see Yuri behind her.

 

Fortunately, Jessica turned around, wanting to walk the other way until she saw a tan girl with black, straight hair, that seemed like Yuri. Jessica widened her eyes, could it be?


Testing her luck, Jessica called out, "Yuri!"

 

Yuri turned as she heard the high pitched voice. She thought it was her imagination, but it wasn't. There was Jessica. Jung Jessica with black hair now, not blonde, in front of her eyes.

 

"Jessica.." Yuri whispered under her breath.

 

Jessica was surprised to see Yuri before she looked down at Yuri's hand where the engagement ring was and her eyes turned to stone. Yuri looked down, following Jessica's eye sight before taking the ring off, "I.. My mom wanted me to." she said softly before walking closer to Jessica.

 

Jessica looked up at Yuri and noticed how Yuri matured, she didn't seem like the hyper, energetic Yuri. She had gotten skinnier. Way skinnier. Just bones. 

 

"So.. you're back." Yuri started conversation.

 

Jessica nodded, "Only for this week. It's my break."

 

"Oh.. you're going back after that?" Yuri asked, trying to hide the disappointment.

 

Jessica nodded again, "Yeah.. but I almost have my diploma.. I'll move back here after that."

 

The girls lapsed into silence.

 

"I-"

"Did-" Both girls started to speak at the same time. Jessica let out a small smile, "You first."

 

Yuri looked at her feet, "I.. missed you."

 

Jessica didn't reply, and Yuri didn't look up. That was until Jessica wrapped her arms around Yuri's waist, hugging the girl, holding on like Yuri was going to disappear at any moment. Shocked, Yuri returned the hug, "You're.. not mad at my engagement?"

 

Jessica pulled away and sighed, "I.. can't do anything, right?"

 

Yuri frowned, "What do you mean we can't do anything? I'll cancel the engagement. I don't want to be with Minho, I want to be with you, Sica."

 

Jessica's eyes began to tear up at the nickname, she hasn't heard it in a long time. "But... your mom-"

 

"My mom what? So what? She only wants me to date him because she thinks he's a good match for me, but he's not. You are. So, Jessica Jung, go back out with me."

 

Jessica pretended to be thinking about it, which made Yuri even more anxious. Then, Jessica broke out in a smile.

 

"When did the relationship ever end?" she smiled and winked at Yuri, who smiled widely.

 

Yuri lifted Jessica up, spinning her around while showering kisses on her face. Jessica giggled uncontrollably, wrapping her arm around Yuri's neck, not wanting to fall.

 

Yuri stopped spinning and put Jessica back on her feet, "I really missed you, Sica."

 

Jessica smiled and gave a light kiss to Yuri's lips, "I missed you too.. Did you change your phone number? I couldn't call you."

 

Yuri frowned, "My other phone broke."

 

"Why?" Jessica asked, looking up at Yuri with a creased forehead.

 

"My mom broke it."

 

Jessica widened her eyes, "How..?"

 

"We got in a fight after she told me Minho was my finance."

 

It got silent, but they stayed in the same spot, in front of the Haunted House wrapped in each other's arms.

 

"I love you." both girls said in sync after minutes of staring into each other's eyes.

 

 

The girls walked on the sidewalk together, hand in hand.

 

"How's Yale?" Yuri asked the brunette.

 

"It's good.. It's getting hectic and I'm getting more stressed by the minute." Jessica whined.

 

"Awww, my poor baby." Yuri said in a baby voice before kissing Jessica's cheek, making the older girl blush.

 

"Whenever I would get stressed, I would look at a photo of you and I together and remember that the quicker I graduate from college, the quicker I can come back to Korea and live with you." Jessica smiled up at Yuri.

 

Yuri felt touched as her heart raced and her cheeks warmed up, "We're going to live together?" she asked, liking the idea of waking up next to Jessica every day.

 

Jessica nodded, "Yeah, of course. Wives don't live separately, do they?"

 

Yuri widened her eyes and blushed, "W-Wives?" she stuttered.

 

"That's correct, wifey."

 

Yuri raised her eyebrows up, "W-Wifey?"

 

Jessica giggled and leaned her head on Yuri's shoulder, "I really missed you, Yuri."

 

Yuri nodded, still recovering from what Jessica had just said to her, "I really missed you too, Sica-ah.."