So?

Brain

"Over?" Yuri asked, not knowing that 'over' meant to break up. "Over what?" she asked innocently.

 

Jessica smiled and patted Yuri's hair, "It means we aren't dating anymore." she said, running her fingers through Yuri's hair.

 

Donghae gritted his teeth, "Seriously?"

 

Jessica turned and looked at him, "Yes. Seriously. You expect me to date you after you cheated on me?" she asked.

 

"But. You forgave me." he stated.

 

Jessica shrugged, "So?" "So?" Yuri said at the same time.

 

Jessica smiled widely and held Yuri's hand. "Just because I forgave you doesn't mean I'll continue to date you."

 

Donghae stomped his foot frustratingly and left the restaurant. For an odd reason, Jessica didn't feel the need to cry anymore or to be sad that Donghae and her are over, even if it was two years of a relationship down the drain.

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled, "Well, let's go to the fair that's in town, yes?"

 

Yuri gasped and turned to Jessica, "Is that the one that you took me to before?" she asked excitedly.

 

"You took Yuri to the fair?" Mr. Kwon asked.

 

Jessica nodded, "Yes, when we went out the first time I tutored her, remember?"

 

Mr. Kwon remembered and nodded, "Ah, I remember now. Okay, hurry before it gets to dark."

 

Mr. Kwon and the rest were about to leave the restaurant until Jessica stopped them, "Hey! you forgot to pay the bill."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When they arrived at the fair, Yuri squealed and was about to run off until Jessica grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back, "Don't run off, you're going to get lost." she stated as she held Yuri's hand, extending her other one to Krystal who held it.

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled, "Jessica, if my husband and I weren't here, it looks like you would be the mother." Jessica smiled in reply as the went to buy the tickets.

 

 

 

"Sica! We should go on that again!" Yuri exclaimed, pointing to the familiar spinning ride.

 

Jessica widened her eyes, "No, thank you!" she said as she tried to walk away. But Yuri pulled her back, surprising Jessica at how strong she was, "Please." Yuri pleaded, showing puppy eyes.

 

Jessica glanced down at Krystal, "I can't let Krystal be alone. She won't be able to go on the ride."

 

Krystal let go of Jessica's hand and ran to Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, "I'll stay with Yuri's parents, you two can go on rides while I play the games!" she suggested as she grabbed both of the elder's hands and ran to the different game stands.

 

Yuri smiled and dragged Jessica into line.

 

 

 

After riding the spinning machine, Jessica felt dizzy whilst Yuri was jumping around excitedly. Yuri noticed how Jessica was swaying, "You dizzy, Sica?" she asked in amusement. Just as Jessica was about to fall down, Yuri grabbed Jessica's arm and pulled her up, making Jessica stand straight.

 

"It wasn't that bad." Yuri commented as Jessica leaned on her shoulder.

 

Jessica scoffed, "Wasn't that bad? It was horrible!" she said, closing her eyes tightly to make the world stop spinning.

 

Yuri giggled and wrapped her arm around Jessica's shoulders, making Jessica open her eyes in surprise. Yuri began to lead Jessica around the fair.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kwon would catch glimpses of Yuri and Jessica running around the fair, going on different rides and playing different games. Mrs. Kwon noticed how a smile never left her daughter's face. Mr. Kwon sensed how happy Yuri was with Jessica.

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled and looked up at Mr. Kwon, "I think we may have found the best tutor for Yuri."

 

Krystal was holding onto Mr. Kwon's hand, a roll of pink cotton candy in her other hand, "Yes, my unnie is the best." she commented before biting into the fluffy pink cotton candy.

 

"Yuri, let's go sit down, my legs hurt.." Jessica complained, pointing to the bench. Yuri nodded, "Okay, Sica." she said before leading them to the bench as Jessica collapsed onto the seat.

 

Jessica once again leaned her head on Yuri's shoulder. Yuri, in response, laid her head on Jessica's head.

 

"You know I asked my mommy about boyfriends and girlfriends?" Yuri stated, looking at the different rides.

 

Jessica looked up at Yuri, "Really? What'd she say?"

 

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, "She said that girls have boyfriends, not girlfriends. I don't get it. Why can't girls have girlfriends?" she asked, looking down at Jessica.

 

Jessica bit her lip, "It's not that they can't have girlfriends. It's more like they shouldn't have girlfriends. You'll understand more when you get older."

 

Yuri pouted, "Everyone tells me, ''When I get older". I am older, aren't I? I'm seventeen, right? I can't learn anything unless people teach me. But they always tell me "When I get older". It's annoying."

 

Jessica didn't know how to respond. It seemed Yuri was getting more mature by the seconds. 

 

"So, why can't girls have girlfriends?" Yuri asked again.

 

Jessica sighed, "Yuri, everyone thinks that boys are meant for girls, and girls are meant for boys. Not that boys are meant for boys and girls are meant for girls. Do you get it?"

 

Yuri nodded, "I think I do.. but.. everyone believes in that?"

 

Jessica shrugged, "Not everyone." Jessica thought of the different people in her school who are attracted to the same gender, her close friend being one of them.

 

"Well... what do you think?" Yuri asked, startling Jessica as the older girl didn't know how to respond.

 

Jessica bit her lip, "I don't think it's bad... but a lot of people do." she commented as she heard the screams and laughter of people on the ride.

 

Yuri sighed, "I don't get it.. what's so wrong with two boys or two girls dating?"

 

Jessica still couldn't believe she was having this conversation with Yuri.

 

"Sica." Yuri called.

"Hmm?"

 

"What do people do when they date?" Yuri asked, genuinely curious.

 

"Well.. they hold hands, they hug each other, smile and laugh with each other, and do things that make them happy." Jessica said, purposely leaving out the 'kissing' part of a relationship.

 

Yuri gasped and looked down at Jessica.

 

"So that means we are girlfriends?"