Cold

Brain

Yuri's hand automatically wrapped around Jessica's as they walked to Amber's house to pick up Krystal that day. Jessica raised an eyebrow, "You aren't a six year old anymore."

 

Yuri simply shrugged and continued to hold Jessica's hand. Jessica couldn't help but let out a small smile as they kept on walking to Amber's house. Yuri's heart was beating fast without her noticing. Her feelings were coming back. Yuri knew what they were. She knew she had a crush on Jessica.

 

But she also knew that her mother despises same gender dating. Was it bad that Yuri enjoyed holding hands with Jessica? Was it really her fault for having these feelings? Perhaps it was just a silly crush that would go away eventually. Maybe..

 

As they arrived at Amber's house, Jessica knocked on the door with her free hand. Mrs. Liu opened the door and put a finger against her lips, "The girls are sleeping." she said in a whispered

 

Jessica and Yuri nodded, entering the house and following Mrs. Liu into the living room. Yuri smiled at the sight, as did Jessica. Both Amber and Krystal were cuddled together on the floor.

 

"Aren't they adorable?" Mrs. Liu stated in a whisper.

 

Yuri nodded and Jessica smiled in response, "Adorable."

 

"Could you possibly let Krystal stay until dinner? The girls are all tired out." Mrs. Liu asked Jessica.

 

Jessica bit her lip, deciding whether or not to let Krystal stay, they had school tomorrow. Mrs. Liu replied as if she were reading Jessica's mind, "Amber and Krystal go to the same school. I can bring them tomorrow if Krystal stays the night. We have everything she needs."

 

Jessica widened her eyes. Yuri noticed this as she glanced down at Jessica. Yuri squeezed Jessica's hand, making Jessica look up at her. Yuri shrugged her shoulder once as if to say, 'Why not?' Jessica sighed, "Alright.. but you have to tell Krystal to call me before she goes to bed."

 

Mrs. Liu smiled, "Of course, now you two should walk back home quickly before it gets late."

 

The two girls bowed to Mrs. Liu and exited the house, beginning to walk back to Yuri's house. Yuri noticed the slight shiver Jessica gave off as they walked. It was Fall now, so it was chilly out. Yuri moved her arm from Jessica's hand to Jessica's shoulder, "You're cold." Yuri stated.

 

Jessica looked at Yuri in surprise but continued to walk, the warmth of Yuri's body radiating onto her. "Still cold?" Yuri asked after a minute of silence. Jessica shook her head, "I'm not cold anymore. You can stop hugging me now."

 

Yuri didn't really want to let go of Jessica, so she smiled and shook her head, "Nah.. I'm good." Yuri continued to walk as if nothing happened and Jessica had no choice but to let Yuri hold her like that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sica?" Yuri called as they sat on the couch together.

 

Jessica was surprised, Yuri barely asked her questions anymore. "Yea?"

 

Yuri looked at the TV just as it showed kids entering a school. "When do you think I can go to school?"

 

Jessica bit her lip and didn't know how to reply. Yuri sighed, "It's because my stupid brain isn't developed enough, right?"

 

Jessica looked at Yuri, who blankly stared at the TV, "You're not stupid."

 

"That's a lie. I am stupid. And we both know it. I can't even go to school like a normal person." Yuri said in a monotone.

 

Jessica reached across and grabbed Yuri's hand, interlocking it with her own. Yuri turned to Jessica and looked into her eyes, a tingling sensation spreading through her arm and into her body. "You're not stupid." Jessica said gently.

 

Yuri couldn't stand looking at Jessica's beautiful face, knowing that she shouldn't be admiring her like that, so she looked away again. Jessica was surprised at Yuri's sudden action, Yuri never avoided eye contact with her. Yuri stayed silent and Jessica rubbed her thumb on the back of Yuri's hand, "Yuri, you're actually very smart."

 

Yuri kept her silence.

 

"If you want.." Jessica started, catching Yuri's attention as she looked at Jessica.

 

Jessica smiled at her success of gaining Yuri's attention, "I can ask your mom about school for you?"

 

Yuri smiled widely, showing off her white teeth, "Really?"

 

Jessica nodded and smiled back at Yuri, "Yeah."

 

Yuri immediately hugged Jessica around the waist and Jessica, who was shocked, wrapped her arms around Yuri's neck. Yuri's smile didn't leave her face, "Thanks, Sica. You're the best." Jessica smiled into the hug as she leaned her head on Yuri's shoulder.

 

 

"I know."