Thanks

Brain

During lunch, Jessica didn't go to the cafeteria because Yuri might not be able to handle the acts of students in the lunchroom. Instead, Jessica took the lock off of her locker and went out the school, sitting on a nearby bench with Yuri.

 

"Yuri, didn't you want to learn how to do this?" Jessica asked, holding up her lock.

 

Yuri's eyes brightened, "Yea, can you teach me?"

 

Jessica nodded, "Okay, here, hold it. You know your lefts and rights, right?"

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, "Yes, I know my left and rights."

 

Jessica shrugged, "Okay, just wondering. Anyways, go to the right and pass the zero two times." she instructed.

 

Yuri did as she was told and waited for the next instruction. Jessica smiled at the concentrated Yuri, "Now go to number four."

 

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, "There is no number four."

 

"You see the little dash before the five? That's four." Jessica pointed out as she leaned closer to Yuri to see what she was doing.

 

Yuri put the arrow at the four and waited again.

 

"Now.. since the next number is twelve, pass the twelve once then place the arrow on it." Jessica said, which kind of confused Yuri.

 

Jessica placed her hand on Yuri's to guide her, "Like this." she showed, using her hand to make Yuri's hand turn the lock correctly.

 

Yuri's heart thumped, but she kept it to herself. "What next?" she managed to get out.

 

"The last number is twenty, so you land on the twenty." 

 

Yuri correctly placed the little arrow on the twenty and waited again. "Now pull the lock." Jessica ordered.

 

Yuri pulled the top of the lock, and it unlocked. Yuri smiled widely, "I did it!"

 

Jessica smiled and patted Yuri's head, "You did. Good job."

 

Yuri turned and hugged Jessica's waist, "Thanks Sica for teaching me another thing!"

 

Jessica nodded and returned the hug before standing from the bench, "Come on, let's go to class."

 

Yuri placed her hand inside of Jessica's and continued to walk inside the school. Jessica remembered that the next class she had was art. "Alright, Yuri, we have art next."

 

Yuri smiled, "Art?" she asked excitedly.

 

Jessica nodded, "Don't do anything stupid, okay?"

 

Yuri nodded, "I won't, I promise." she replied, squeezing Jessica's hand slightly, making Jessica smile a little.

 

 

 

Entering the art room, Yuri's mouth opened in awe at the different artwork hung all over the room, Jessica guided Yuri to an empty table and sat down. The teacher clapped her hands, "Alright kids! Today we are going to make cards!"

 

The students furrowed their eyebrows and scrunched their foreheads in confusion. The teacher, noticing the confused students, explained, "I am going to have you kids make cards for someone that you want to thank. It could be a teacher, a parent, or even a friend. It just has to be someone you want to thank."

 

After hearing the explanation, the students began to slowly smile as they thought about who to thank. Although, Jessica was having a hard time trying to figure out who to thank, perhaps Mr. and Mrs. Kwon. The teacher then smiled, "Now, I am going to leave the art supplies out, can I trust you guys to not make my room a complete mess?"

 

"Yes!" the students chorused, making the teacher smile wider, "Alright, have fun, papers are on my desk and the supplies are on the counter, before class ends I expect one or more cards done!"

 

The students all began to work as they chatted with their table mates about who they were thanking. Yuri already knew who she was thanking, Jessica. Jessica made her mind up that she was going to thank the Kwon family as a whole, why? Because they gave her the money she needed to support her mother and her sister.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Alright class! Listen up!" The teacher announced, gaining attention of her students. "Raise your hand if you have at least one card done." she ordered.

 

Yuri as well as Jessica raised their hand along with many other students. The teacher smiled, "Good, now you can send the card to the person. If you made a card for a teacher, give it to me so I can mail it to them unless you want to give it to them personally."

 

Some students got up and gave the teacher their cards before returning to their seats. The teacher smiled, "Alright, I'll mail these to the appropriate teachers, the rest of you will have to deliver your cards personally, class is over in 2 minutes, silently chat among yourselves."

 

 

 

 

 

Before Jessica went home after tutoring Yuri, Yuri ran to her bedroom and grabbed the card she had made for Jessica in art class and ran back out to Jessica. Yuri handed the card over to Jessica. Jessica smiled and took the card before giving her card to Yuri as well, "I'll read it at home, okay?" she said.

 

Yuri nodded, "Be careful." she warned, seeing that it was almost night time.

 

"I will, don't worry, my house isn't that far from here." Jessica smiled at the worried Yuri.

 

Yuri smiled and hugged Jessica, catching the blonde girl off guard. Jessica hugged Yuri back around the neck as Yuri's arms were around her waist. When Yuri pulled out from the hug, she gave Jessica a kiss on the cheek. Jessica's face warmed up, "Hey!" she scolded, still not used to Yuri kissing her cheek.

 

Yuri giggled, "It's fine, Sica." she replied even though her lips were tingling from kissing Jessica's cheek.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, "Bye Yuri, tell your parents I said hi. Oh, and lock the door."

 

Yuri nodded and waved, "Bye Sica!"

 

 

 

Before going to bed, Jessica noticed the card on her bedside. Walking over, she examined the front of the card and smiled once she saw that Yuri had drawn her. It didn't look professional, but it didn't look like a kindergartner did it either, it seemed just right. Opening the card, Jessica's eyes widened slightly at how much was written.

 

"Well.. she is fourteen now.." Jessica mumbled to herself as she began reading the letter.

 

Dear Sica,

I guess I should make this card to you, right? Yea... I guess. Anyways, thank you for everything! Thank you for tutoring me and helping me learn all my school stuff. I know that I wasn't really the best at English though.... Oh, and I thank you and apologize for all my questions I made when I still had the mind of a 6 year old. How awkward must have that been? Oh.. speaking about awkward, sorry about earlier, I was just.. ciruos curious. I still am very curious. I'm off topic. Thank you, Sica!!!

Love,

Yuri

The whole time, a smile was on Jessica's face. Jessica's smile widened at the little mistake Yuri made in her card while trying to spell, "Curious". Jessica let out a small laugh and shook her head at the picture on the side. It was a picture of Yuri carrying Jessica bridal style like she had before.

 

Jessica smiled, "Oh, Yuri." she breathed before setting the card down gently and laying in her bed.

 

That night, Jessica fell asleep with a smile on her face, and it was because of one person.

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri.