Special

Brain

It's been a couple months since the day out with the Kwon family and Jung sisters. Since then, Jessica has become good friends with Tiffany and Yuri has matured lots and now has a brain of a eight year old, currently in Grade 4 lessons. Yes, everyday Jessica would somehow manage to squeeze in one or two lessons for Yuri.

 

"Sica?" Yuri called out during one of their lessons.

 

"Hmm?" Jessica asked, correcting Yuri's worksheet she had just worked on, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

 

For some reason, Yuri found herself staring at Jessica and how pretty she looked tucking the blonde hair behind her ear. "Yuri?" Jessica called, looking up to see Yuri staring at her.

 

Yuri shook her head slightly, snapping out of it. What was that? Why was Yuri's heart beating like that? Yuri coughed and turned her attention back to Jessica, remembering her question.

 

"Why can't I go to school?" Yuri asked, turning her head to the side in curiosity. 

 

Jessica sighed. "Yuri, kids will find it weird to see a seventeen year old girl in their grade."

 

"Why?" Yuri pouted.

 

"Because.. A seventh year old girl is supposed to be in 12th Grade."

 

Jessica immediately regretted her words as Yuri began to tear up. "I'm not normal? Is that why I can't go to school like regular people?"

 

Jessica widened her eyes and scooted her chair closer to Yuri, enveloping Yuri in a hug. "No, Yuri, it's not like that."

 

Yuri sniffed and looked up at Jessica, "Then what is it like?"

 

Jessica stared into Yuri's dark brown eyes, still seeing the glassy coat from the tears. "Actually, Yuri. You're not normal."

 

Yuri opened to yell, but Jessica stopped her as she continued to talk.

 

"You're more than that. You're special." Jessica said with a soft smile on her face.

 

"Special?" Yuri repeated.

 

Jessica nodded, "Mhmm. You want to know why you're special?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because if you did go to school, all the kids would be jealous."

 

"Why?" Yuri asked again.

 

Jessica smiled, "Because they'll see how much harder you work compared to them."

 

"Really?" Yuri asked, no trace of tears in her eyes anymore. Now, her eyes were twinkling with excitement.

 

Jessica nodded, "Really." She confirmed.

 

Yuri surprised Jessica by wrapping her arms around the blonde girl's waist and hugging her, burying her face into Jessica's neck. Jessica responded to the hug, wrapping her arms around Yuri's shoulder and patting it.

 

Yuri pulled away with a big smile on her face, "Did you know daddy told me I have a brain of an eight year old now?"

 

Jessica smiled widely, "Really?"

 

Yuri nodded before turning back to her textbook, "I'm smart." She complimented herself.

 

Jessica giggled out loud at Yuri's confidence and continued the lesson.

 

 

 

 

 

"Sica." Yuri called, having another question for her.

 

"Yes?" Jessica asked, placing the bowl of cereal in front of Yuri, handing the girl a spoon.

 

"Why does touching people help?" Yuri asked.

 

Jessica widened her eyes at the suggestive question, "What do you mean?"

 

Yuri ate a spoon of the cereal, chewing and swallowing before answering, "Why does hugging someone stop them from crying? Remember, I hugged you before because of that guy? And when you held my mommy's hand, remember?"

 

Jessica shrugged, "I don't know, it just helps."

 

"Do kisses help?"

 

Jessica once again widened her eyes, "Pardon?"

 

"When I'm scared, my daddy kissed my forehead. It calms me down. Does that calm you down?"

 

Jessica shrugged for the second time, "I don't know. No one ever tried it."

 

"Really? Not even your mommy?" Yuri asked, wide eyes.

 

Jessica shook her head, "Not even her."

 

Yuri quickly leaned in and gave a quick kiss to Jessica's cheek before pulling away and smiling sheepishly, "There. I tried it."

 

Jessica felt her cheek warm up, "Hey!" She called out weakly.

 

Yuri giggled, "Did it help?"

 

"Yuri, I didn't need any help in the first place."

 

"Oh.. Well, what else are kisses good for?"

 

Jessica couldn't believe that she had these types of conversations with Yuri.

 

"I don't know, it's usually for lovers.." Jessica mumbled.

 

Yuri gasped and placed a hand over , "I kissed you, does that mean we're lovers?" She asked.

 

Jessica widened her eyes for the nth time that day, "Yuri, stop saying things like that!" She scolded.

 

"So, we aren't lovers?"

 

"No, we aren't, now eat your cereal." Jessica ordered, feeding Yuri a spoonful of the cereal.

 

"Sica, I saw something on TV. There were two people kissing. On the lips. And they didn't stop. It looked like they were eating each others faces. Yuck." Yuri commented, making a distorted face.

 

Jessica widened her eyes, how the hell did Yuri manage to find that type of channel on TV?

 

"Have you ever kissed like that, Sica?" Yuri asked.

 

Jessica didn't know how to reply. Of course she had, but that was with Donghae.

 

"Sica?" Yuri asked, looking at Jessica.

 

"Yeah. I have." Jessica mumbled, not having the courage to lie to Yuri.

 

Yuri gasped, "Really? What's it like?"

 

Jessica blushed, "Kwon Yuri. Finish your cereal." She ordered.

 

Yuri pouted.

 

"Gosh.. I was just asking a question.." She mumbled under her breath.

 

Jessica ran her hands over her face. The older Yuri got, the more curious she got.

 

 

 

 

Let's all pray for Jessica's sanity.