Krystal

Brain

Jessica woke up early, feeling something warm against her back and around her arm. Opening her eyes, she saw that Yuri was actually backhugging her. Jessica widened her eyes and carefully pried Yuri's arm off of her waist before standing up and heading to the bathroom.

 

Meanwhile, Yuri had woken up because she didn't feel the presence of a certain person. She opened her eyes, looking for the person whom she was hugging earlier. Yuri shrugged it off and put a large Mickey Mouse doll in that person's place, hugging the doll and falling back asleep.

 

Jessica walked back into the room and saw Yuri hugging the doll with the covers thrown off the bed. The blonde girl smiled at the sight, picking up the blanket from the floor and placing it onto the bed, pulling it over Yuri's body.

 

"Mommy?" Yuri mumbled, thinking it was her mom who pulled the blanket over her. Jessica giggled.

 

Surprisingly, Yuri had recognized that giggle from the day before, "Sica?" she asked, still having her eyes closed.

 

"Yep." Jessica replied. 

 

Yuri let go of Mickey and rubbed her eyes using two fists. Jessica's heart warmed at the cute scene in front of her as Yuri stretched like a cat.

 

"Good morning.'" Yuri said lazily, sitting up from bed.

 

Jessica chuckled and pointed to the door, "Go use the bathroom." she ordered like a mother.

 

Yuri slumped out of bed, "Okay." she mumbled, dragging her body to the bathroom where she did her usual morning routine.

 

Jessica chuckled and shook her head at how lazy Yuri was. "And I thought I was lazy." She said under her breath. 

 

Grabbing her phone from off the table, Jessica saw a couple messages from her mother.

'Won't be home today, leaving at around 9 AM, please come home early and take care of Krystal!"

'Sooyeon, reply to me!'

 

Jessica sighed and began to text back to her mom.

'Okay, I'll be home in a little.'

 

Jessica walked out the bedroom to be greeted by the smell of fresh food. Following the scent, Jessica wound up in the kitchen, where Mrs. Kwon was cooking and Mr. Kwon was reading the newspaper.

 

"Ah, good morning, Jessica." Mrs. Kwon greeted.

 

Mr. Kwon looked up from the newspaper, "Oh, good morning, did you get a good nights sleep?"

 

Jessica nodded, "Yes, I did, thank you."

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled, "Well, the food isn't going to be done anytime soon, make yourself comfortable."

 

Jessica shook her head, "Uhm.. no thanks, I need to get home early to take care of my little sister." she denied.

 

Mr. Kwon smiled widely, "Why don't you bring your sister over here? She can eat breakfast with us."

 

Jessica bit her lip, should she? Yuri walked into the kitchen, "Smells yummy!" she said, more hyper than she was when she woke up.

 

Mr. Kwon smiled, "Good morning, honey."

 

"Morning, daddy." Yuri replied, eyeing what her mom was cooking.

 

Mr. Kwon turned his attention back to Jessica, "So, are you going to bring her over?" 

 

Yuri immediately looked over, "Bring who?"

 

"My little sister." Jessica replied.

 

Yuri gasped and began to jump around, "Bring her!"

 

Jessica raised her eyebrows in surprise at the excited Yuri. Who could say no to the jumping Yuri? Jessica gave in and sighed, "Okay, but I have to leave quickly and come back."

 

"Be careful." Mrs. Kwon warned.

 

Jessica nodded,"I will, thank you. I'll be back quick." she said, walking to the front door, slipping her shoes on.

 

"You're going to go out in that?" Jessica heard a voice as she was about to leave the house.

 

Jessica glanced down at what she was wearing and blushed, as she was wearing a tank top and a pair of shorts.

 

 

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, "Didn't you tell me to change my clothes because I was wearing something like that?"

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, "Yes, I did. I just forgot, where did you put my clothes?" Jessica asked.

 

Yuri tried hard to remember, staring up, holding a hand to her chin. Jessica tapped her foot impatiently, "Well?"

 

Yuri shrugged, "I forgot."

 

Jessica groaned, "Ugh, Yuri!"

 

Yuri pouted, "Sorry."

 

Jessica sighed, "It's fine, can you just lend me some clothes for now?"

 

Yuri nodded and walked to her bedroom, handing Jessica a pair of sweat pants and a sweater. Jessica quickly slipped the two pieces of clothes on, not bothering to take the tank top and shorts off.

 

"Okay, I'll be back later with my sister." Jessica stated as she slipped her shoes on at the front door.

 

Yuri clapped her hands, "Yay, a new friend!" she stated.

 

Jessica left the house with a small smile on her face, why did she smile whenever Yuri did? Why did her heart warm up whenever Yuri did something cute?

 

Jessica shook the thoughts off and quickly began to walk home. Just as she turned the corner, she saw her mother at the front door. Jessica quickly ran towards the house, "Hey mom." she greeted.

 

"Oh good, Jessica, you're here, hurry, I need to go to the interview."

 

 

"Mom, I'm bringing Krystal to my friends house." Jessica stated.

 

Her mother paused, "Why?"

 

Jessica quickly made up and excuse, "They have a young daughter as well."

 

It wasn't the truth, but it wasn't lying either.

 

"Oh.. okay, remember to take your phone with you, I'll call to check on you, I have to go. Love you!" Mrs. Jung quickly said as she entered the car, driving off.

 

"Love you too.." Jessica mumbled to no one in particular as she entered the house, "Krystal Jung! Wear something casual! We are going to my friends house!" Jessica ordered, still at the front door.

 

"Okay!" Krystal replied as she put on jeans and a pink shirt. 

 

Jessica held her hand out for Krystal to hold as they were walking. Krystal placed her smaller hand in Jessica's protective ones. Jessica smiled down at Krystal, "Now, when we go there, don't be rude, okay?"

 

"Why would I be?"

 

Jessica sighed, how was she going to explain this to a nine year old? "Well, their daughter is seventeen, but has the brain of a six year old."

 

Krystal smiled widely, "Woah! Cool!" she said, jumping around.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes at her sister's behavior, "Hey, Krystal Jung, promise me you won't be rude."

 

Krystal stopped jumping and looked up at her older sister, "I promise." 

 

Jessica smiled down at Krystal, even though the girl was almost her height. "Good girl."

 

Krystal smiled back, revealing an eye smile. They continued to walk to the Kwon's residence.

 

As they walked up to the front door, it was opened by Yuri.

 

Yuri pointed to Krystal, "Is that my new friend?" Yuri asked excitedly.

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow, "Yes, this is my younger sister, Krystal."

 

Krystal looked up at Yuri, "Is that their daughter?" she asked, equally as excited as Yuri.

 

Jessica nodded.

 

Krystal let out a squeal, hugging Yuri's leg, "You're going to be my best friend, okay?" Krystal asked-- no, she ordered. Yuri smiled down at Krystal and nodded excitedly, "Yes, I'll be your best friend and you'll be mine, okay?"

 

Krystal made an okay sign with her hands, "Okay!" 

 

Jessica smiled and shook her head at the two girls, who ran off into the house. Jessica slipped off of her shoes and closed the front door, locking it. As Jessica was walking towards the kitchen, Yuri and Krystal jumped out from behind the wall.

 

"Boo!"

"Ah!" Jessica screamed.

 

After realizing it was just Yuri and Krystal, Jessica pouted and placed a hand over her heart. Yuri and Krystal high fived each other, "Awesome!" Krystal said.

 

Jessica cleared and placed her hands on her hips, giving a stern look to both girls. Krystal and Yuri put on a guilty face.

 

Jessica tapped her foot, "What do you say to me?" she asked, expecting an apology.

 

Yuri jumped up, "Oo! I know, I know!"

 

"Yes, Yuri?" Jessica asked with an eyebrow raised.

 

"You have a loud scream."

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey!" Jessica yelled, making Krystal and Yuri laugh out loud and run away.

 

Jessica shook her head and sighed, continuing to the kitchen where she saw Mrs. Kwon and Mr. Kwon looking at her. Jessica shook her head again, "Don't ask." she said as she slumped into one of the kitchen seats.

 

Mrs. Kwon giggled, "I wasn't going to." Jessica let out a small smile and Mr. Kwon chuckled.

 

"Well, the food is done, do you mind getting the girls?" Mrs. Kwon asked to Jessica.

 

Jessica nodded, "Okay." she replied, getting up and walking to Yuri's room, where she heard giggles.

 

"Hey, Krystal, Yuri, food is done, hurry up or it'll get cold!" Jessica yelled from outside.

 

"Okay!" she heard two different voices from inside. The high pitched voice from Krystal and the husky one from Yuri. The door opened, revealing the two girls with marker mustaches on their face. Jessica facepalmed herself at the sight.

 

She grabbed both girls' hands and led them to the bathroom, taking a paper towel and soaking it with cold water.

 

She held Krystal's chin and wiped the mustache off, "Ouch, Jessica, you're scrubbing too hard." she whined.

 

Jessica immediately stopped scrubbing, not wanting to hurt Krystal, "Oh. Sorry, but this marker won't come off, what did you use?" she asked, turning to Yuri.

 

Yuri scratched her head, "Er.. It was.." she trailed off, trying to remember what the words on the grey marker said.

 

"Oh! It was Shrapie!"

 

"Shrapie?" Jessica asked with an amused face.

 

Yuri nodded confidently.

 

"You mean Sharpie?" Jessica asked as she giggled lightly.

 

Yuri had a confused look on her face for a moment, but then she blushed at her stupid mistake, "Oh, yeah, Sharpie."

 

Jessica stopped giggling and shook her head, "It's going to take a long time to come off." she said, gently touching the spot on Krystal's face where the mustache was drawn.

 

"You girls are silly." Jessica stated after a moment with a smile.

 

"We know." They answered in sync.

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow at the two, "You know?"

 

Krystal nodded and smirked, "Of course I'm silly. I'm related to you." she said before running away with Yuri behind her.

 

 

 

"Hey!" Jessica yelled, understanding what Krystal meant.

 

Jessica shook her head for the nth time that day.