The truth hurts but it's always better than a lie

Should've Treated You Better

____'s P.O.V

After I had bumped into Kevin, we both walked back to our buildings.

"So, ____, how have you been?" Kevin asked me. 

"I've been great. What about you?" 

"Same, nothings really changed since you left." 

"Yeah, I realized.." I said and laughed. 

It became a little awkward after that. Soon enough, both of us were in front of our buildings. I just had to cross the street to get to mines. 

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Annyeong." I said and bowed. 

Kevin bowed back. "Alright, see you then." He said as he began to walk inside his building. 

I began walking across the street. 

As I got to my office, I saw Eli and AJ there. They turned around and smiled. 

"You're back." Aj said. 

"Yeah, I am. What are you guys still doing here?" 

"We have to meet with the boss later." 

"For what?" 

"Apparently, he wants us to get started on the music. So yeah, and the meeting with him isn't for another half hour." Eli said. 

"Oh okay, well you guys can chill here. I'ma head out." 

"So soon?" 

"Yeah, I'm kind of tired. See you guys tomorrow." 

"Alright see ya." Both of them said. 


As I got to my apartment, I took off my shoes, put my keys on the counter and my purse on the couch. 

I sat down, watching some TV, then all of a sudden, everything that happened earlier began replaying in my head. 

Saving Kevin, him screaming at me, then us agreeing to start over and just be business partners. 

Oh yeah.. And me telling him I'm over him. 

I mean, it's been five years, I'm over him.. Right? I should know myself. 

Who would hold onto someone for five freakin years? That's just ridiculous. 

I don't like Kevin anymore. As a friend, yes, but more than that? No.

 

KEVIN'S P.O.V

As I got back to my office, I saw Soohyun, Kiseop, Hoon, and Dongho sitting on the couches doing paper work.

"Why are you guys still here?" 

"Doing our work." Soohyun said, not looking up at me. 

"Why can't you guys do it in your offices?" 

"Because your couch is really comfortable." Dongho said. 

I rolled my eyes. "Well just don-" 

"Don't make a mess. We know." They all said together. 

I smiled. "Good boys." I said as I went over to my desk and started on some paper work. 

As I was filling out forms, I heard the guys sigh. 

"What's up?" I asked. 

"I'm tired.." Hoon said. I laughed. "Oh yeah, so how was your walk?" 

I stopped and looked up. "What do you mean?" 

"I mean, how was it? You were gone pretty long." 

"It was fine.." 

"Are you sure?" Kiseop asked. 

I raised a brow. "Yeah? Why wouldn't it be?" 

"Hyungs are just trying to get you to spill about your walk with ____." Dongho suddenly said. 

They all glared at him. "What? I'm just trying to help." He said. 

"How did you guys.." I started. 

"We saw you two from the window." Hoon said as I formed an 'O' shape with my mouth. 

"So, what happen?" Soohyun asked. 

"Uhm.. Well, she kind of saved me.." I started. They all waited for me to continued. "From being crushed by a car.." 

They all had their mouths wide open. "What?!" They all shouted. "WE NEED DETAILS!!!" 

"Fine, but stop shouting! I was walking on the road and was just deep in thought until I heard a horn beep at me, and someone screaming at me. Then next thing I know, I'm being pulled off the road and land on top of ____ on the grass." 

"Andd??" Kiseop asked, motioning me to go on. 

I took a deep breath, "And.. I screamed at her." 

They all fell back on the couch, letting out a huge sigh. 

"Why in world would you scream at ____ when she practically saved your life?" Soohyun asked. 

"I was mad alright.. I didn't mean to." 

"You didn't mean to yell.. What did she do when you did?" Kiseop asked. 

"She raised her voice, but calmed down and walked away." 

They all stared confused. "Wait, what? She didn't scream back or anything?" 

I shrugged. "I tried to figure that out too. She was just calm about it." 

"Well, what happen after that?" Hoon asked. 

"We agreed to start over, move on and just be business partners from now on." I said as they all nodded their heads. "Oh, and she said she moved on from me." 

All of them paused, with their mouths hanging open again. 

"She seriously said that?" Kiseop asked. I nodded as I hanged my head low. 

It became quiet as everyone just sat there, thinking. 

I began to remember what happened earlier. 

How ____ saved me. How I yelled at her. How she remained so calm. How she didn't even bother to argue back at me. 

Then all of a sudden, something ____ said that night, popped into my head. 

Do you know why I stopped fighting with you, Kevin? Do you? It's because there's nothing left to fight for.

So, she really is over me, isn't she? I guess I can't blame her. 

Everyone has always told me to move on but I told them I couldn't. Not just yet.. 

I still had hope that we'd be together once again, and that fate is giving us a second chance. 

I said I wasn't gonna give up until I hear it from ____ directly that she doesn't love me anymore and that she has moved on. 

Now that she told me, now that I know she's moved on, I'm suppose to just let her go right? If only it was that easy. 

To be honest, I wish I didn't know. I wish I hadn't heard it from her. 

I guess psychology is right.. The truth is always better, but finding out the truth can be a pain in the in ...

 

I at titles.. >.< Haha well.. not much to say about this chapter.. but yeahh. I'm not good with words either.. So uhm.. as I always say..

And there's a highly chance I'll either be updating on Friday or Sunday. Definitely not Saturday cause I won't be home all day and will probably be out clubbing or something.. Haha just to give you guys a heads up (: So yeah, look forward to either Friday or Sunday (: 

Enjoy, comment, subscribe and upvote xD! Looool 

fishcakes Me too! xD Haha

Liana_Iana Bad girls are pretty clever.. Hehe what is she up to? Haha xD

EnvMaknae Lol shooo Kevin better man up and do something! Haha we'll see ;D

KpopDaydreamer I bet you can't wait for all that fluff xD Haha if there is any.. ;D And once again, thank youuu! <33333

ab2utifulrose That's a pretty good thing to do haha that's a gift (: Better than all that yelling and stuff haha

titchinblack Hmm.. We'll see about that haha xD

inspiritkissmeemily Awesome! Haha xD that'd be epic lol that'll just make them even more mad haha 

cassiopeianELF Yeah, we'll see how far he's willing to go ;D 

Yuki2591 Thanks (: We'll see what Kevin has up his sleeve xD

danceline You just made my day (: Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it! 

HelloKitty143 Haha jinjaa? Her character is similar to how mines is in reality. Acting all tough and calm in the outside but really crying in the inside haha and who knows.. Kevin might actually win her back. But how? Muaha xD

snsdshineegirl Thank you! And mhm.. Acting maybe? What are her reasons? Haha ;D 

onjongkey2min  I'll think about it haha (: 

keyseopie  Haha thanks! Glad you're liking it so far 

Pandastwaberrie   thank you (:

I'd like to welcome my new subscribers!

erin657

BanaB2utyAngel

MinALuvU

huiwen98

Pandastwaberrie

pandaa_

Thank you all for your support and hope you enjoy the rest of my story (: Feel free to comment or ask questions! I don't bite xD