Kevin's Flashback Part 1

Should've Treated You Better

 

KEVIN'S P.O.V

I got off work earlier than expected. I decided to go to my apartment and make _____ dinner. I haven't cooked for her in a while so I thought it'd be the least I could do, considering we've been arguing and such. 

As I was walking up to the front door of my building with my umbrella, I heard water splashing as a car was turning in. 

I turned around and squinted my eyes. The head lights were kind of blinding me but as I looked even closer, I could clearly see who it was. 

My girl. 

____. 

I looked at who was driving and it was a guy. A guy I don't in know. 

I started getting mad as I saw the scared looks in her eyes. I walked over as she was getting out of the car. 

I noticed she was getting wet so I went over and pulled her under the umbrella with me then greeted her. 

We talked to her 'friend' for a while then decided to head inside. 

It was complete silence until we got to my apartment. 

As soon as the door closed, I began to talk. 

"So, who was that?" I asked her.

"My co-worker." She said as she was taking off her coat. 

"Why didn't you just take a cab?" 

"Because he offered to take me, and I accepted."

"You could've said no." 

"He wouldn't give me a chance."

"He wouldn't or you just didn't want to?" I asked her. She paused for a moment then looked up at me.

"What is that suppose to mean?" 

I crossed my arms and replied, "Oh I don't know, maybe you just wanted to go with him. Have you ever thought about that?" 

"Kevin, I don't feel like talking about this.. Just let it go." She said and began to walk away. 

I hate it when she walks away from me and she knows that. I grabbed her and spun her around. 

"Let it go? Your kidding right? The hell is wrong with you!?" I screamed.

She stared at me and started to cry, again. "Kevin, let me go!" She shouted as she pulled her arm away from me and walked away again.

"Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you!" I screamed as I chased after her.

As I finally caught up to her, I grabbed her again by the wrist and spun her around.

She kept begging me to stop but honestly, I didn't care. We needed to talk about this now. "Kevin! Please stop this!" She cried out.

"I won't until you tell me who that guy was!" 

"He's just a friend!" 

"LIAR!" 

"I'm not lying.." She said as she cried some more. Soon enough, she was on her knees.

I was getting impatient. "Why are you sitting on the floor?! Get up! We need to talk about this NOW." 

"Kevin.. I'm tired." 

I sighed. I thought about it and it has been a long night. I didn't wanna put her through any more crying so I gave in. "Fine.. Let's rest for tonight. I'll drive you home and we can talk about this tomorrow." I said as I grabbed the keys.

"No. I mean I'm tired of this." I paused and looked towards her. She got up, wiped her tears away and stared at me straight in the eye. "I'm tired of the constant fighting with you. I'm tired of having the same arguments. I'm tired of trying to prove myself to you. I'm tired of it all." 

I stood exactly where I was, not looking away from her for a second. "What are you saying?" I asked but was terrified of what she was gonna say next. 

"Let's break up." 

My heart stopped at that moment. She's not serious is she? This isn't happening.. 

After what seemed like forever, I finally opened my mouth. "Please tell me your not serious."I said, hoping she wasn't.

"I am." She said with a shaky voice.

I cracked a laugh. "We can work this out, _____. It doesn't have to be like this." I told her as I began to calm down. I don't wanna lose her, I can't. 

She laughed as well. "Kevin, I'm tired. Do you not get that? What's the point of being together if you don't even trust me? We've been together for three years, three ing years! And yet, you still doubt me. I've had enough of this bull. I've had enough of you." 

I stared at her wide eyed, surprised she's talking to me like this. I honestly didn't know what to say so I apologized. "Okay, I'm sorry alright? I overreacted a little but please don't break up with me for this." I told her as I began to walk towards her but she put her hands up which made me stop. 

"Don't. Just don't." 

"Don't what?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Don't do this. Don't apologize. You do this everytime. When ever you see me with a guy, you scream at me, then apologize, you tell me things you know I want to hear, I fall for it every time, we make up, you act like nothing ever happened, and then it's the same thing all over again. 

I'm not gonna keep arguing with you, Kevin. It's just not worth it.." She said, still not breaking eye contact with me. 

I stared at her, not believing this was really happening. I can't lose her, I can't.

"You said that you'd stand by me through anything. We both have been through a lot. I've put you through a lot, I know that but I've still stuck around because you're my everything. To this day, I fight for you because I want to be with you and this relationship is worth fighting for.

Relationships have it's ups and downs. But that's the point. If we can get through a simple fight, we can ge through anything. You know that." I started babbling on, trying to convince her to stay but she just shook her head.

"No Kevin. You've stuck around because you know I'm the only one who is able to put up with you and your attitude. I'm the only one who have stood by your side through the ups and downs. 

At first, when we argued, I would be yelling as well. But as time went on, I stopped arguing with you. In the end, you were the one who screamed while I kept quiet and listened. Do you know why I stopped fighting with you, Kevin? Do you?" She asked me. 

I stared at her, confused, because honestly I didn't know the answer to that.

"It's because there's nothing left to fight for." She said with no emotion in her voice. 

I started to get angry again. Nothing left to fight for? Does that mean our relationship was nothing to her!? "Nothing left to fight for? So this relationship is nothing to you?" 

She smiled and laughed. "There you go again. Twisting my words and making everything my fault. Dammit Kevin.. Are you not tired of always feeling like the victim? Put yourself in my shoes. 

What if I became jealous of every girl you were with? What if I started screaming and yelling at you? What if that went on for three years? What would you do? Would you really have stuck by me like I did with you? Would you really have forgiven me?" She asked me.

I thought for  a bit.. I don't know.. I never have been in that position so I wouldn't know what it feels like..

"I don't know.. But what I do know is that I love you. I'm jealous because I'm scared of losing you. That's all it is. Jealousy. I admit that but you know I would never try to hurt you intentionally." I said, as I still tried to convince her.

"If you never meant to hurt me, you would've never became like this. A normal couple would've talked things out, not scream at one another. 

Kevin, you know I love you. The first year with you was amazing but after that, I don't even know where to begin. You became overly protective. I couldn't hang out with my friends like I used to and I haven't seen my family in weeks! If you've never meant to hurt me then I wouldn't have been hurting for the past two years. I wouldn't be in this position." 

I just stood there, staring at her. I didn't know what else to say nor do.. "So what now? You're just gonna break up with me, just like that? Is this really what you want?" 

"No, but I know what's best for me, and that is to leave you. I'm sorry but I just can't do this anymore." She said as she grabbed her keys and everything then headed for the door. 

I watched her as she walked towards the door and reached for that handle. 

I can't let her slip away from me.. I can't...

I suddenly reached out to her, my long slender arms wrapped around her from behind.

"Please.. Don't go." I whispered to her, my voice shaky. 

I could feel her body tense up. I felt her hands on my arms, squeezing them gently. 

"I'm sorry." Was all she said before she pulled my arms away from her than ran out of my apartment. 

I stood there, shocked by what just happened. After everything had sinked in, I realized what just happened. I ran into the hall but when I got there, she was gone. 

Out of sight. Out of mines. 

I walked back into my apartment and looked around. 

This is really it.. We really just broke up.. It felt so unreal. Like a dream. 

That night, I drank until I out. The next day, I woke up in bed and I saw Soohyun, Kiseop, Hoon, and Dongho hovering over me, asking what happened and that they had received a call from ___'s parent's who found me in front of ___'s house, smelling like alcohol, and completely unconscious.

After that, days had passed and we still haven't talked. 

She's been calling every day, but I've been ignoring them. 

Why is she calling me? To apologize? Psh. It's her fault. She was the one who broke up with me. 

Soohyun, Kiseop, Hoon, and Dongho has been telling me she's been trying to desperately get in touch with me. 

for her. She can wait. 

After a week or so of ignoring her, I decided to call her back. But when I called it said the number is no longer in service.. 

I called the guys but they have no clue. 

I went to her house as her parent's opened the door, kind of shocked to see me. 

"What are you doing here?" Her dad asked kind of hostile. 

Chills went down my spine. "Uhm, well.. Your daughter has been calling me for the past few days, I tried calling her back but the number is no longer in service. Is she here by any chance?" 

They exchanged glances then back at me. They seemed confused. 

"Kevin, sweety.. Did she not tell you?" Her mom asked. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused. 

"____.. She moved.." 

 

Chapter 14 is here (: So, this is Kevin's point of view of what happened. What do you guys think of part one? And what will his reaction be afterwards? Is he gonna chase after her, where ever she is? What is he gonna do now? Stay tuned ~ !

Enjoy, comment, subscribe, and upvote :D !

ab2utifulrose Haha awesome xD and oh really? Yeah I saw you on the subscribers list haha yeah, I'm just really fixing the grammars or what not for that; and right! Have you read the last chapter? lol

Liana_Iana  Haha I know right xD such a dork !

inspiritkissmeemily  Yeah, I kind of made it more sarcastic and funny than all serious in this chapter haha

onjongkey2min  Haha right? I laughed while writing this chapter xD

ida-iks  Wish I had great guy friends like that haha xD And thank you <333

Yuki2591  Thank you <3 (: 

BrightStar06  Same thing I said! Puahaha xD 

titchinblack  He'll be appearing soon (: He won't really play much part in this story though

idotikus  Haha tell me about it! xD

fishcakes  He better! Haha

I'd like to welcome my new subscribers!

cielowoo10

ilovezelo10

xukisslover

kevin7

mel0702

Thank you all for your support and hope you enjoy the rest of my story (: Feel free to comment or ask questions! I don't bite xD