____'s Flashback Part 2

Should've Treated You Better

 

I took a deep breath. "Let's break up." I finally said. 

Kevin stood there for a moment, letting all of this sink in. After what seemed like forever, he finally began to talk. "Please tell me your not serious."

"I am."

Kevin laughed a bit. "We can work this out, _____. It doesn't have to be like this." He said, finally calming down.

I laughed as well. "Kevin, I'm tired. Do you not get that? What's the point of being together if you don't even trust me? We've been together for three years, three ing years! And yet, you still doubt me. I've had enough of this bull. I've had enough of you." I finally said as I let it all out. 

"Okay, I'm sorry alright? I overreacted a little but please don't break up with me for this." Kevin said as he began to walk towards me. 

I put my hands up, signaling him to stop. "Don't. Just don't." 

"Don't what?" 

"Don't do this. Don't apologize. You do this everytime. When ever you see me with a guy, you scream at me, then apologize, you tell me things you know I want to hear, I fall for it every time, we make up, you act like nothing ever happened, and then it's the same thing all over again. 

I'm not gonna keep arguing with you, Kevin. It's just not worth it.." I told him. 

"You said that you'd stand by me through anything. We both have been through a lot. I've put you through a lot, I know that but I've still stuck around because you're my everything. To this day, I fight for you because I want to be with you and this relationship is worth fighting for.

Relationships have it's ups and downs. But that's the point. If we can get through a simple fight, we can ge through anything. You know that." Kevin said as he tried to convince me to stay. 

I shook my head and held back my tears that were starting to form, yet again. "No Kevin. You've stuck around because you know I'm the only one who is able to put up with you and your attitude. I'm the only one who have stood by your side through the ups and downs. 

At first, when we argued, I would be yelling as well. But as time went on, I stopped arguing with you. In the end, you were the one who screamed while I kept quiet and listened. Do you know why I stopped fighting with you, Kevin? Do you?" I asked him. He stared at me confused and shook his head. 

"It's because there's nothing left to fight for." I said blankly as I stared at him, straight in the eyes. 

He stared back, shocked by my words. "Nothing left to fight for? So this relationship is nothing to you?" 

I laughed. "There you go again. Twisting my words and making everything my fault. Dammit Kevin.. Are you not tired of always feeling like the victim? Put yourself in my shoes. 

What if I became jealous of every girl you were with? What if I started screaming and yelling at you? What if that went on for three years? What would you do? Would you really have stuck by me like I did with you? Would you really have forgiven me?" I asked him. 

"I don't know.. But what I do know is that I love you. I'm jealous because I'm scared of losing you. That's all it is. Jealousy. I admit that but you know I would never try to hurt you intentionally." 

"If you never meant to hurt me, you would've never became like this. A normal couple would've talked things out, not scream at one another. 

Kevin, you know I love you. The first year with you was amazing but after that, I don't even know where to begin. You became overly protective. I couldn't hang out with my friends like I used to and I haven't seen my family in weeks! If you've never meant to hurt me then I wouldn't have been hurting for the past two years. I wouldn't be in this position." 

Kevin stood there in silence. "So what now? You're just gonna break up with me, just like that? Is this really what you want?" 

"No, but I know what's best for me, and that is to leave you. I'm sorry but I just can't do this anymore." I told him as I grabbed my purse and keys. I turned around and began to walk away. My hand reached for the door knob.  

Suddenly, I felt Kevin's hand's on my shoulders. He pulled me as he hugged me from the back. His long slender arms wrapped around my shoulders. (kind of like this) 

"Please.. Don't go." Kevin whispered.

I bit my lip as I held myself back from crying. I brought my hands up to his arms, squeezing them gently as I finally pulled them away from me. "I'm sorry." Was all I said before I quickly opened the door and ran for it. 

I took the elevator and ran all the way to my car. As I finally got into my car, I locked the doors and began to drive home. 

As soon as I got to my apartment, I walked over to the couch and collapsed on it. 

As soon as I collapsed, the tears I had held back in for so long, finally made it's way out. I cried and cried all night. 

Next thing I know, I woke up with puffy eyes and a red nose. I sighed as I thought about last night. 

I can't believe it. It's over.. It's really over. 

I let the days pass on depressingly. Everyone knew something was wrong though. I couldn't think straight. I couldn't focus at work. I knew that the longer I stayed here, the worse it gets. Everything reminded me of Kevin. 

I just couldn't deal with it. I didn't have the strength to. As I gave this some more thought, I talked to my parents and decided to move to America. 

I've always had a passion for fashion so why not go to the best school over there and start my new life over there as well? 

I was born in America so my english is great. My parents agreed without much hesitation. They've always wanted the best for me anyway. 

I finished packing within a week with the help of family and friends. Between the night Kevin and I broke up to the day I left, Kevin and I never saw each other nor contacted one another at all. 

I tried texting him and calling him. I wanted to have closure, a proper goodbye before I left but he made it pretty clear he did not want to see me. I tried talking to Soohyun, Kiseop, Hoon, and Dongho but they couldn't do much either. What else more can I do? 

So that was that. I left without saying goodbye to Kevin. I came to America, went to school in New York, got an amazing job, and became a fashion designer. 

After I left Korea, I promised myself something. I promised myself to never let any guy tear me apart again. I promised myself not to let myself get too attached with anyone. I promised myself not to get too serious in any relationship. 

I became a whole new person after my break up with Kevin. I wasn't gonna let anyone stomp all over me ever again. So that's how my new life began. 

 

I'm backk!! Who missed me?! Puahaha I had such a great time at camp and made hella new friends :D It was awesome! I also got one heck of a tan! 

But now I'm back in reality.. for me >.< Anyways, how is this chapter? The last part to her flashback. What will Eli and AJ's reactions be like? Stay tuned ~ !

Enjoy, comment, subscribe, and upvote xD !

Liana_Iana Haha right? Kevin definitely deserves it! And someone seems to have a dirty mind *wink wink* puahaha ;)  

titchinblack Mhm, why not read on and find out for yourself? Hehe xD 

Yuki2591 Awh, thank you! <3 

ab2utifulrose Haha no worries (: 

ida-iks Angry Kevin? I'd love to see that xD haha and thank you <3 !

KpopDaydreamer Thank you for the encouragement! <3 Hope you're enjoying it xD

BrightStar06 Haha you tell emm!

inspiritkissmeemily Mhm.. I kind of enjoyed your comment lol

HelloKitty143 -.-

danceline Yes.. Yes it was.. 

laureen Thank you (:

snsdshineegirl Someone seems pissed.. :o