She's changed.. Is it too late?

Should've Treated You Better

 

KEVIN'S P.O.V

I watched as ____ walked out with Eli and AJ trailing behind her. 

If this was only at my apartment, it really looked like the day she left me. 

After she was finally out of sight, I plopped on the chair. 

"Tell me this is all a dream" I whispered but loud enough for all of the guys to hear. 

"If it was, I don't want it to end.." Dongho said. 

I smiled as I heard Dongho say that. "How come makne?" Kiseop asked. 

"Because, noona is finally back. I missed her.. A lot." He said

We all smiled as we stared at Dongho, who would never actually say anything like that. "I think we all can agree that we all have missed _____." Soohyun said, followed by everyone nodding. 

"So what were you guys talking about?" Kiseop asked me. 

"You guys were listening in on us, you tell me." I said as I stared up at the ceiling. 

"When she said you haven't changed, what did she mean by that?" Hoon asked. I shrugged. 

"Well, did you do or say anything before she said that?" Soohyun asked. 

I thought about it for a second then replied, "I grabbed her by the wrist and turned her around but that was it."

"Wait, was that the part where you told her she's not going anywhere and such?" Kiseop asked. I nodded as they all sighed in frustration. 

I stared at them confused. "What is it?" I asked. 

"You grabbed her." Kiseop said. 

"You acted like how you did when you guys were together." Soohyun said. 

"Controlling." Hoon added on. 

"That's how you acted today." Dongho finished. 

I thought about it for a while and then mentally slapped myself. "Dammit! Why did I have to do that?! What am I gonna do?!!!" I asked and started over thinking it. 

"Calm down. I think it was just a reaction considering she showed up out of the blue." Hoon said, trying to calm me down. 

"Yeah, you have changed, Kevin." Soohyun said as everyone agreed. 

"What are you gonna do anyway? Get her back? Look at noona, she's changed a lot. She's not the same girl we knew five years ago." Dongho asked. 

"Dongho is right. Considering she wasn't even intimidated by your coldness earlier, she's become a strong young woman. It won't be easy if you do try to get her back." Kiseop said. 

I stared at them and realized their right. She has changed. A lot. She's not the same girl from before. "Looks like this will be the toughest challenge I ever face in my life." I said. 

They all nodded. "Question is, is she worth the challenge?" Soohyun asked. 

I smiled and connected eyes with Soohyun, Kiseop, Hoon, and Dongho. "She is." 

They all smiled and exchanged glances at one another. Then altogether, they pumped their fists in the air and said, "Then game on! Fighting!" 

I smiled, sat back in my chair, and closed my eyes. My smile disappeared. 

They are right. She has changed. So much. The real question is, is it already too late to win her heart?

 

____'s P.O.V

As I walked out of Kevin's office, followed by Eli and AJ, I finally let out a huge amount of breath that I've been holding in for so long. 

I can't believe it's him, it's really him... The person I ran away from.. The person I never forgot, not even for a single second. He's here, so close but yet so far away. 

I've done such a good job at closing my heart up and keeping my guard up, not caring about guys, but am I able to do that with Kevin back in the picture? 

I can't run away this time.. I work with him now for crying out loud! 

As I got inside the car, I began driving. It was silent. 

But I knew it would soon be broken. Eli and AJ hates awkwardness and when their curious about something, they won't hesitate to ask. 

Just like on cue, AJ began to talk. "So are you gonna tell us?" He asked me as I kind of stared confused but continued to focus on the road. 

"How you know them." Eli said

"And why Kevin seemed so shocked to see you." AJ added on. 

"And why you guys were arguing in the room after we left." Eli finished. 

"I will when we get home" I said. 

Soon enough, we got to the apartment. AJ and Eli didn't even bother going to their apartment to relax a bit. 

As soon as we got out of the car, they headed straight to the elevator, straight to our floor, walked right pass their apartment, went to my door, punched in the passcode and walked in. 

I followed after them as they made their way to the couch. 

They sat their patiently as I thought about where to even begin. 

"So.. Long story short, I dated Kevin in the past. We dated for three years. But then we broke up, I was the one who chose to call it off. After I broke up with him, I decided to move on and away from this place. Kevin and I broke up on a bad note. We never really had closure. It was more of us screaming and then I walked out on him and never went back. I ended up in America, studying in fashion and met you guys. Now we're here." 

Eli and AJ listened to every word I said, attentively. 

"Wait, does this have anything to do with why you're like.. Heartless and stuff when it comes to relationships?" AJ asked. I nodded as both of them sighed in relief. 

"Looks like we finally figured out everything about you now." Eli said. I stared at the floor, not really knowing what to say next. "Why did you guys break up anyways?" 

That question somewhat caught me off guard. I knew they were gonna ask it but I didn't think so suddenly. I took a breath and started explaining. 

"Well, like I said, Kevin and I dated for three years. The first year was amazing. It was great, we had so much fun and it was a blast. But after a while, he changed into a whole new person. It's like I didn't even know him anymore. 

He became very protective of me and jealous of every guy he sees me with. He didn't let me hang out with none of my guy friends and not even my own family. It's like my world had to revolve around him and only him. It's like I wasn't allowed to have a life of my own. 

Our relaitonship was crazy and hectic. We argued all the time. Over the same things. It was just too much for me. But I was a patient girl at that time. I held things in. Whenever we argued, I kept quiet. I was lost at words, to be honest. 

But one day.. I just had enough of it all. I couldn't take another day of the same old .. It all started when...

 

@Liana_Iana  Good weird? Or bad weird? Hahaha xD and no worries (: If only I could take you with me to camp! Puahaha I apparently have to be a councelor this year.. >.< 

@KpopDaydreamer  Haha right? Aggressive Kevin is kind of y xD And well at least you have time to relax haha, I have work right after I get back from camp! Looool no worries though (: I'm sure you'll find something to do! Thanks for the support and can't wait to read your reactions on these next two chappies after I get back! :DDD

@Yuki2591  Thank you for the support <333 

@titchinblack  Puahaha! No worries (: Double update for my lovely readers :D 

@ab2utifulrose  Haha thanks! I'm so stoked for it :D 

@BrightStar06  It's okay (: my story will still be here by the time you get back, if that makes any sense.. haha school is a MUST after all! good luck with that xD 

@inspiritkissmeemily  right? haha I can just imagine the guys having that type of argument! looool and thank you :D It's called Jekyll Island (:

@onjongkey2min  Haha yeah, thanks! Can't have the whole chapter being all gloomy now (: besides, the comedy part was my favorite xD 

@U-KISS-ME04  Puahaha right? It's just something they'd do! 

@HelloKitty143  Mhm yupp, me too xD and thank you!

@snsdshineegirl  Awh, glad you're enjoying it! xD

I'd like to welcome my new subscribers!

SugaryEXOSweetness

snsdshineegirl

Thank you all for your support and hope you enjoy the rest of my story (: Feel free to comment or ask questions! I don't bite xD