27: Ice Princess

My SLY Fox

 

--Yerin's POV--

Since there's nothing to do, I am just sitting on the couch in our living room, feeling extremely bored. Yeonmi left me alone again so there's no one at home that I could talk to.

Out of extreme boredom, I grabbed my phone and explored it to find something interesting to do until I end up checking the photo gallery. I opened the latest photo I have there which is a couple selca of me and Jonghyun. I just stared at it, zooming in and out and checking every details.

Until now, I still can't believe that that my most hated guy before is already my boyfriend now. So far, for a week after we officially became together, everything is doing fine. Surprisingly, the attitudes that I used to hate on him, I think I so got used to it and at times I find it cute.

'Hayyy~ Kim Jonghyun...', I thought as I zoomed his face on the photo.

“I look good on that photo.”

I flinched and almost dropped my phone when someone suddenly talked behind me. When I looked back, it's Jonghyun, standing behind me and peeking on the photo I am looking.

I quickly closed the gallery and put the phone away. He saw me staring at his photo and it's so embarrassing.

“How did you get in?”, I asked.

“Uhm... I opened the front door and walk in?”, he answered with a 'duh?' look on is face.

“Funny.”, I glared at him.

He chuckled and sat beside me.

“I knew it. You do miss me so much that's why you're staring at my picture.”, He grinned and pinched my cheeks.

“I'm not staring at it. I'm.... I'm just checking if... if the photo is good.”, I reasoned out and looked away.

“That's why you're zooming it on my face?”, he raised an eyebrow and smirked.

“I'm not zooming it! It's just... just--”

“Don't reason out anymore. You don't have to hide it because you're very free to stare at my photos or even my actual face as long as you want.”, he smiled and leaned his head on my shoulder.

As usual, his on his skinship mode again so I just let his head rest on my shoulder while I'm just sitting straightly. He held my hand and started to play with it.

“You know, sometimes, I do forget that you're already my girlfriend.”, he suddenly said.

I looked at him, mentally asking.

He smiled. “Because nothing really changed. The way you talk to me and the way you treat, it's almost just the same as before. The rudeness just lessen a bit.”

“And what are you trying to say?”, I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Nothing... it's just... can't you show more affection towards me sometimes?”

I crumpled my nose. “You know I'm not used to it.”

“Yeah I know. That's why you are an Ice princess. You're so cold to me. I deserve some warm love.”, he pouted and looked at me cutely.

“Don't do that. It doesn't suit you.”, I laughed mockingly.

He made a face and rolled his eyes. “You're such a freezing cold, Ice princess.”

I just laughed at him then he suddenly stood up and pulled me to stand to.

“Change your clothes. We're going somewhere”, he commanded.

“Where?”

“Just go and change. You'll know it later.”

-----

The car stopped in front of a unfamiliar house at an unfamiliar place. I looked around but I really have no idea where we are.

“Where are we?”, I asked Jonghyun.

“At my noona's house.”, he answered while taking off my seatbelt.

“What?!?”, I freaked out.

“This is my noona house. I promised her to let her meet you if I succeeded on my last plan.”

“Meet her? Why didn't you even told me earlier so I'd be able to prepare myself. Aisshhh...”, I held my forehead.

“Why do you have to prepare yourself? You're fine so let's go now. Noona is waiting.”

He unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the door on his side. He was about to get off already but stopped when he noticed that I'm not moving to get off the car too.

“Hey let's go.”, he tapped my shoulders lightly.

I looked at him with worried eyes.

“Jonghyun. I'm nervous.”

He chuckled and did the unbuckling of my seatbelt, then brought his face in front of mine. He chuckled again then fixed my bangs and swipe some strands of hairs away from my face.

“You don't have to be nervous. I swear, she likes you so you don't have to worry.”

He gave me a peck on my cheek before getting out of the car. He went on the passenger side and opened the door for me.

“Let's go. She's waiting.”, he offered his hands in front of me.

When I looked at him and saw him smiling, it calmed me a bit. I took a deep breath, accepted his hand and stepped off the car.

We walked side by side until we reached the front door. He rang the doorbell and as we wait for the door to open, I felt more nervous.

“Relax. Sodam noona doesn't bite. You have met her before right? And you said she's nice.”, he said as he squeeze my hand to make me relax.

“But that time is different from now. We're in a different situation now.”

“But she's still the same nice noona that you have met. And besides, I'm here so you don't have to worry.”

Before I could answer, the door already opened and revealed a pretty lady.

“Oh annyeong~! At last you're here.”, she greeted cheerfully.

“Noona. As promised, I brought her.”, Jonghyun said and let go of my hand for a while to hug Sodam Unni.

I bowed politely and smiled. “Annyeonghaseyo unni. Nice to see you again.”

“Oh Yerin~ I'm so glad we met again.”, she smiled and hugged me.

I felt very welcomed so the nervousness I'm feeling is slowly fading away.

We all went in and headed to the kitchen since it's already lunch time and she prepared food. I started feeling comfortable talking to her since she's really nice to me. She kept on telling me that she really like me since the first time we met.

“Is Jonghyun treating you well?”, unni asked while we're eating.

“Of course! I'm so good to her. She's the one whose not treating me well.”, Jonghyun answered before i could.

“I doubt that Jonghyun...”, unni made a face.

I just chuckled on how they talk to each other.

“Are you experiencing headaches because of him, Yerin?”, Unni asked.

“Uhm, so far, not yet unni.”, I smiled.

“Good. You could always back out if you can't handle him anymore or if you're feeling sick of him.”, Unni winked at me.

“Yes, I'm considering that.”, I chuckled.

“Yah! What considering are you saying? You can't do that, no more backing out! And noona, stop corrupting my girlfriend's mind.”, Jonghyun scowled.

“I'm not corrupting her mind, i'm just telling her her options.... oh by the way, I made a desert. It's in the kitchen, get it.”, she commanded Jonghyun.

“Aishh, I'm still eating.”, Jonghyun groaned in protest but later on, followed unni's command and went to the kitchen. When Jonghyun is completely away, unni reached my hand on the table and held it while looking at me.

“Yerin, thank you.”, she said.

“For what unni?”

She smiled. “For giving Jonghyun a chance and for accepting him to be part of you.”

I felt myself blush but I managed to answer her.

“You don't have to thank me for that. I didn't do it just to please him but also to please myself. It's a decision that made me happy.”

“I know that but I still want to thank you for that. You appreciated all the efforts that my brother exerted just to be with you. You don't have any idea how much you made him happy.”

I just smiled and silence occurred after that. I'm feeling overwhelmed right now. I felt really welcomed to his life that even the people around him accepts me and they're happy that I have come to Jonghyun's life.

“I swear, this is the first time that Jonghyun did this to a girl. This is even the first time she let me meet her girlfriend. I can tell that he's really serious to you... so could you promise me a thing?”, she asked.

“What unni?”

“I admit, Jonghyun isn't really a person whom you could call nice. He tends to be rude at times but I know him, he's a very soft, loving and caring man. So if he acts a bit rude sometimes, please just bear with it and just understand him. He's really trying to be different now since he met you and I can tell that he has improved a lot. Don't leave him just because of simple things, okay?”, she asked with begging eyes.

Though they're conversing rudely, I could still fell their love for each other. And hearing his sister tell things to me like this, I can really tell that he loves Jonghyun very much and she wants him to be happy.

I held her hand with both of mine. “Don't worry unni. I have accepted that side of him. Even he tends to be rude, childish and conceited at times, I'm not thinking to leave him just because of that. I promise I'll try my best to make everything work well.”

“Thank you very much Yerin. Believe me, you really fit with each other.”, she smiled and brought herself closer to hug me.

We're in that position when Jonghyun finally came back from the kitchen.

“Hey, what's this? Am i interrupting something?”, he shifter his eyes from to unni, clueless of what happened.

“We're just bonding and bringing ourselves closer to each other.”, unni explained after parting from the hug.

She looked at me and smiled meaningfully which made Jonghyun looked at us suspiciously.

-----

“What did you and unni talked about while I'm away earlier?”, Jonghyun asked when we're already driving home.

“Nothing. Just random things.”

“Doesn't seem like it. I'm telling you Yerin, don't you ever dare to do what noona is telling you earlier. You can't leave me.”, he glared at me.

“Be good so I can't think of doing that.”, I smirked and looked away.

We already arrived home and he walked me up to the door.

“I promised the boys that we'll hangout today so I'll be going now.”, he said.

“Okay, no problem. Bye.”, i said and slightly waved my hand.

I was waiting for him to walk away so I could close the door already but seconds have passed, he's still standing in front of me.

“I thought you're leaving?”, I asked and raised an eyebrow.

He scrunched his face. “That's how you say goodbye?”

“Uhm yes? We say 'Bye' for goodbyes, right?”, I asked innocently.

He raised an eyebrow while staring at me but later on, sighed and chuckled. He smiled and stretched his arms.

I know what he wants, he's asking for a hug again. I don't know what to do. I wanted to give him his request but I don't think I'll be able to initiate a hug. I'm shy to be touchy to him, even though I know he wants it.

“Aigoo... Okay, how about goodbye kiss?”, he said when he noticed that I'm still not moving to hug him.

He moved his index finger, telling me to come. But I also didn't move. I can't even hug him, and he still wants me to kiss him? I can't even move because of the awkward feeling added with an embarrassed feeling.

After a few moments of waiting for my response and getting nothing, he scratched his head and stepped closer. He hugged me, trapping even my arms so I can't hug him back.

“You really don't like skinship, do you?” he whispered.

“No... I mean... that's not--”

He cut me off with a peck on my forehead. “Don't worry, I'm not forcing you. I still love you even you're the coldest person living. You're my Ice princess.”, he chuckled.

I felt guilty on what he said but somehow relieved that he understands me and not forcing me.

“I'll go now. See you tomorrow.”, he squeezed me again in a hug before he walked away.

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

From Yerin's house, I went straight to our hangout place. When I arrived, the boys are already there, plus a girl.

“Hyung. Good, you're here already. I'd like you to meet someone.”, Minho said when I came in.

“May I guess? He's your new girlfriend.”, I said, 100% sure of what I have said.

“Could you please not spoil my introduction.... This is you, my girlfriend.”, he continued the introduction.

“Annyeonghaseyo~”, the girl named you greeted.

I just nodded my head as a response and sat tiredly on the couch. I'm feeling down right now because of what happned earlier. The skinship thing.

“Wait, that face... Don't tell me you and Yerin fought?”, Onew said, crossing his arms on his chest.

“What?!? This soon?”, Key exclaimed.

“We didn't fought. We're fine...”, I trailed off and sighed.

“If you two are fine, why do you look like a depressed dinosaur again?”, Minho asked.

I just glared at him.

Seriously, bringing his girlfriend here today isn't in the good timing. They're all touchy touchy to each other, hugging and cuddling while me, that's exactly my problem.

“I guess I know why...”, Key said when he noticed that I'm looking at Minho and his girlfriend cuddling each other.

“Oooh~ It's what Yeonmi noona said, right? Yerin noona isn't a person who likes skinship that much.”, Taemin said, discovering my problem.

I ignored his question and glared at Minho.

“Could you two please stop that?!?”, I irritably yelled at them.

“Jealous?”, Minho teased.

Onew hyung stopped Minho from teasing more when he noticed that I'm getting seriously pissed. Luckily, he complied.

“Jjong, just understand Yerin. She's not used to doing skinship a lot so don't expect her to be like you.”, Onew said.

“I know that. I'm not forcing her to be like me. I just can't help myself from feeling down.”, I sighed.

They all went quiet and just let me calm down. But how can I? Beside me, there are two love birds cuddling each other.

“Aishhh! JINJJA!”, I stood up and walked away.

“Hey hyung where are you going?”, they asked.

“Home. Away from the this touchy couple!”, I didn't even looked back and just headed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not posting this chapter the last time I updated. I said I am going to post a nother chapter but I didn't finish this that time.

By the way, those readers that are giving a time to at least put a comment, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I so appreciate it. Before I start working on a chapter, I re-read all the comments first, (hihi, dramatically weird?)

Thank You For Reading ^-^