34: First Day, New Friend

My SLY Fox

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

“Aren't you supposed to turn left on that road? That's the way to the university.”, Onew hyung asked when, looking at me confusedly while I'm driving.

“We're just going to go somewhere before heading to the university.”

“I think I know where we are going. Aren't we gonna be late? It's our first big day so we should be there early.”

I quickly checked the time on my wristwatch. “It's still early. This won't take long. We're just going to check on her.”

He shook his head with a smile. “You really can't start your day without seeing Yerin. I don't know that you're going to be this obsessive as a boyfriend.”

I just smiled and shrugged then continued driving.

After a few minutes, we already arrived at their house. When we rang the doorbell, it's Yeonmi who opened the door for us.

“Oppa~ Good morning. You're quite early.”, she greeted.

“We just wanted to check on you two before you we go.”, I answered and before I can even asked where's Yerin, she came out from the kitchen.

“Oh? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be heading to the university now?”, she asked.

“Ask your obsessive boyfriend here. He can't go without seeing you first.”, Onew answered.

She faced me and crossed her arms. “Yes Mr. Kim? Aren't you worried of being late on your first day?”

“Don't you want to see me? We're not going to see each other at school anymore. Aren't you going to miss me?”

She just rolled her eyes. “As if we're not going to see for years... I think you should go now.”

“You're Ice princess mode is activated again.”, I frowned then turned to Yeonmi.

“Yeonmi, take care and guard Yerin for me okay? If someone ask her out, tell them to back off and don't let her be too close to guys.”, I instructed.

“I won't, don't worry. She's going to be well guarded.”, she replied.

“How many times shall I told you that I'm not like that. Whether you're there or not, I know what I should and shouldn't do.”, she pouted and glared at me.

“I know. It's just a back-up defense.”, I chuckled and pinched her nose playfully.

She glared at me again and moved my hands away from her nose.

“Enough. Go now before we start arguing about this.”, she shooed me away.

“Wait. That's it? I asked Yeonmi to take care of you and you didn't even asked Onew hyung something?”

She looked at me weirdly for a few seconds then she sighed and looked at Onew hyung.

“Oppa, watch over Jonghyun, okay? Make him behave and don't let him harm anyone.”

“NE~ Don't worry. I'll even tie him if necessary.”, he saluted to Yerin.

“Tie me? What am I a dog?”, I glared at the both of them and they just laughed at me.

“Jonghyun I think we should really go now if we don't wanna be late.”, Onew said.

“Oh you really have to go now. Enough of this Jjong.”, she said while pushing me out of the door.

I stepped out of the door but before I walk away, I turned back and hugged her.

“Aren't you going to wish me goodluck?”

She smiled and hugged me back. “You don't need that. Just be good and do well.”

“Arasseo.”, I hugged her even more, almost not wanting to let go and leave anymore.

I won't be seeing her during vacant time, lunch time and snack time. I won't be able to follow her around the school anymore and won't be able to wait for her outside her classroom and those things are what I am going to miss the most.

“I bet if possible, Jonghyun oppa would carry around Yerin with him.”, Yeonmi suddenly spoke.

Onew hyung nodded in full agreement while looking at us.

I parted from the hug and kissed her on her forehead before backing away. I waved for the last time and entered the car.

When I started the engine, Onew hyung suddenly spoke.

“Yerin trusts you so much.”

I glanced at him and started driving. “How do you say so?”

“She's not being clingy to you, asking you not to look at other girls. He didn't asked me to guard you because she trusts you. You're just wanting too much attention from her that's why you're misunderstanding it and thought that she doesn't care about you.”

“I already know that. But it's not that I don't trust her that's why I'm asking someone to guard her. It just... the people around her, specially the guys, it's them whom i don't trust.”

“I understand. Just don't overdo it. By the way, what's you're first class?”, he asked.

“Same as yours.”,

“Good start of the day.”, he nodded and smiled excitedly.

----------

We're sitting inside the room assigned for our first class. The environment and the people around us is totally new to us so we just keep on observing. Some already have new friends and chatting with each other, some are just sitting quietly and observing like us.

Onew is more observant than me and he keeps on looking around, until his eyes got stuck on a direction when he saw someone.

“Wait, look. Isn't that the girl that asked directions to us when we were fixing our admission?”, he said.

I turned my head and looked at the direction he was looking and saw a girl who seemed to be doubting if she'll enter the room or not.

Onew hyung waved at her and she looked at him, like remembering who he was. Then after, she smiled and walk straight to us.

“Oh, you're here too! Onew-ssi, right?” she sat on an available seat next to Onew.

“Yes~ And you're Jisoo. We met again.”, he smiled and looks so pleased that he saw his newly-met-friend again.

“I'm so glad I found someone I knew on the first day because I'm still don't know anyone here and still kinda unfamiliar in this university.”

Onew clasped his hands. “Well then... Since we're all new here, I think we can all hang around together. We're friends now right?”

“That sounds good. Of course we're already friends.”, she seemed delighted too with what Onew hyung suggested, with that big smile on her face.

When she finally looked and noticed me, the smile toned down a bit.
“Annyeonghaseyo.”, she greeted half-formal. Maybe she still remembers that I am the guy who ignored her the last time we met.

I just nodded at her greeting but didn't say anything.

“By the way, since we're all going to be together often, you two should meet too. This is Jonghyun.”, he introduced me.

The girl nodded and offered her hand for a hand shake. “I'm Goo Jisoo. Just in case you don't know me yet.”

I looked at her hands offered in front of me then looked at Onew. He widened his eyes on me, mentally telling me to accept Jisoo's hand. I shifted my eyes back to Jisoo again and silently accepted her hand for a brief shake. We will definitely be seeing a each other a lot so there's no point of ignoring her anymore. Besides, Yerin told me to be a bit nice.

“I apologize for him for the last time you met and her ignored you. He's just tired that time.”, Onew hyung said.

Jisoo smiled. “That's nothing. I understand. You're friend is.... nice.”, she said hesitantly with an awkward smile.

--------

On my second class, I'm not with Onew hyung anymore but when I entered the room, I saw Jisoo there. I didn't greet her and just sat on the seat beside her since it's the only available seat left.

“Oh. Anneong. You're here too.”, she said and smiled at me.

I just nodded and didn't say more. I guess she's not mad at me anymore for ignoring her the last time because she keeps on greeting and talking to me and I... being nice to her... just chose to stay quiet rather than being irritated to her and might be able to say something offending later on.

“You're rude, you know?”, she said seriously.

I faced her, raising an eyebrow. “What?”

“I said you're rude.”, she declared without any hesitation.

That caught my attention. Aside from my mother, my sister and Yerin, no other girl says that I'm rude. All I hear from them were compliments and adoration and it's so sickening. But she's different. I guess we will be able to be good friends.

“I know that but actually, I'm being nice to you right now.”

“Oh really? You're being nice?! I wonder how you are if you're rude.”, she smiled.

“You won't wish to know that.” I smiled too, starting to feel comfortable on talking to her.

 

--Yerin's POV--

“Yeonmi left you again?”, someone said when I was heading out of the classroom, going home.

I smiled when I looked and saw Sehun.

“Yes. Her boyfriend just pulled her with him earlier so I'm alone now.”, we continued to walk together out of the building.

“Then I'll just walk you home. Or maybe we could have some pizza first, my treat.”

“Jinjja? That's great. To the pizza parlor, Let's go!” I excitedly grabbed his arm and pulled him.

He chukled and walked faster with me.

We talking to each other and laughing together on our way to the pizza parlor. He told me a lot of stories about what he did during the vacation and I'm really enjoying his company, until a car stopped beside the sidewalk we were walking. We also stopped from walking, knowing whose car is it.

“Oh someone's here to pick you up.”, Sehun whispered.

Jonghyun came out of the car and came to us. His eyes were on Sehun and he has his blank face again. Then he shifted his eyes on me.

“Why aren't you with Yeonmi?”, he asked.

“She's hanging out with her boyfriend. I'm about to go home but I'll just have some snack with Sehun.”

“Let's go now.”, he commanded.

“But--”

“Let's. Go. Now.”, he commanded again, more authoritative.

Before I can even answer, he turned is back and walked to his car.

“I think you should go now. He doesn't seem to be in a good mood.”, Sehun said.

“But I already agreed to have snack with you.”

“It's alright. We still have next. Go now.”, he pushed me to wallk.

I just sighed and complied. I quickly went to follow Jonghyung in the car and when I got in, he's just quietly seating. After I buckled my seatbelt, he started driving without even saying a thing.

The ride was very silent and I can feel inside tension. He's not even glancing at me.

“How's your first day?”, I asked trying to ease the situation but he just threw me a quick, blank glance and continued driving.

I just chose to keep quiet until we arrived at my house. We both got of the car and he went in the house, and just followed.

“Hey. Talk to me.”, I said, trying to catch his attention and finally, he faced me.

“What for? You enjoy talking to Sehun more, right?”, he said coldly.

“What? Where did that came from?”

“Don't you? You even want to stay with him even if I already arrived.”, he turned around but I grabbed his arm to stop him.

“And another thing. Do you have to hold his arms while you're walking together? Don't you think it'd kinda too much?”, he frowned even more.

I made him turn around and face me. “No, it's not like that. We're just talking. And I already agreed having snack with him so--”

“So you have to ignore me? Just because of that stupid snack?!?”

I was startled when his voice raised. I backed away, not able to answer back. I can't answer back because I know I'm the wrong one. I unintentionally have ignored him and I understand why he's being mad. It's because he felt ignored and knowing Jonghyun, being someone who wants a lot of attention, that's not good.

“I'm there and you still want to go with Sehun. Is he more important?”, he continued, still having his voiced raised.

I just kept quiet, facing the floor, taking his words because I know I don't have any rights to answer. I was the one wrong... again. I didn't do well again.

“Now, do you want me to go home now? I'll just leave of you want to. You could have your whole day having snack with that Sehun.”

“I'm s-sorry.”, I said almost like a whisper and bowing my head more.

Silence came after that. A long, tensing silence. I'm not looking at him but I know he's just looking at me. Then I heard a deep sigh from him before I felt him step closer to me.

“I didn't mean to yell at you. Sorry.”, he hugged me, completely trapping me inside his arms, then he kissed the top of my head.

“No. I'm sorry. I'm wrong. I shouldn't have—”

“I just told you not to be too close to guys.”, he said but no more anger in his voice.

“That's why I'm saying sorry. I didn't do well again.”, I made my hands crawl under his arms and made it's way around him. I hugged him tightly and buried my face on his chest.

“Didn't do well, AGAIN? When did you didn't do well?”

“Always. Sorry for that.”, I said, still having my face on his chest.

“Enough of this. You're bringing this topic again. First, you never 'didn't do well'. Second, enough with the sorry now. It's done.”

I didn't answer anymore and just felt and enjoyed his hug. I felt really nervous and tensed when he kept silent and when he yelled so I hugged him even more to make myself relax.

He chuckled softly. “You missed me, don't you?”

I looked up at him and grinned. “No.”

His brows furrowed but before he can even say anything, someone walked in.

“Oh. Sorry. Am I interrupting something?”, Yeonmi said and backed a way a bit when she saw us.

Jonghyun faced her when h remembered something.

“Hey Yeonmi, I told you to guard Yerin. Why did you left?”

“Wait. Why? Did something happened?”, her eyes widened.

Jonghyun just raised his brow at her as an answer.

“Oh sorry about that.”, she just bit his lip and scratched the back of her neck.

---------

I'm thinking of updating everyday again. First, because I really need more time in the future so i need to finish this while i still have time. Second, I'm losing the FEELS. 

I hope I can update at least one chapter a day.

Fighting for me~  \(ㅍvㅍ)/

Please read, comment, vote, subscribe ^-^