32: Her Insecurities, REVEALED!

My SLY Fox

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

I impatiently looked at my wristwatch for the nth time then looked around but failed to see the one I am waiting for.

“Where's Yerin? The ceremony will start in a few minutes.”, I asked the other four boys who are also waiting.

Today, I and Onew hyung will be graduating from high school. We've been waiting for Yerin since earlier but until now, she's nowhere to be found. She texted that she might be late but she didn't even told me the reason.

“Uhm I think you need to go to your seats now. The ceremony is starting.”, Key told me and Onew hyung.

“But Yerin is still not here.”, I protested.

“Common Jonghyun. We need to join the ceremony now.”, Onew tried to pull me away.

“We'll wait for Yerin, don't worry. Just go now.”, Minho pushed us away and I can't do anything but just follow Onew hyung and joined our other classmates.

“She told me she'll come.”, I pouted when we got on our seats in front of the stage, waiting for our name to be called.

“It's not over yet. She's just late. I'm sure she'll come.”, Onew said.

I just quietly sat on my sit, eyeing at each student being called and march across the stage. Soon, my name will be called and I'll be going up the stage to receive my certificate. I wanted Yerin to witness it but right now, I don't even know where she is. I can't call or text her because phones aren't allowed during the ceremony.

I stretched my neck and looked around for the last time but I still can't see her anywhere. Then I heard my name being called from the mic, asking me to march up the stage.

“Cheer up, it's our day.”, Onew hyung whispered to me before I stood up from my seat. I just flashed him a small smile and sighed before walking.

I went up and made a 90 degress bow to the school heads after accepting my certificate. I turned around and look at the audiences to make a polite bow too, then I walked to the other side of the stage to leave. As I march down, a certain someone caught my attention. A familiar face that I have been waiting since earlier.

I saw Yerin standing behind the rows of chairs for the audiences and students, with a big smile on her face. I smiled and quickly ran to her instead of coming back to my seat.

“Yah, Jin Yerin! Don't you know how late you are?”, I frowned.

She chuckled, not minding that I'm sulking.

“Congratulations Jonghyun~”

“That's all you're going to say? You're late and you didn't even see me march up the stage.”, I frowned even more.

“Nu-uh. I saw you. How could I miss that. I even took pictures~”, she showed her phone with photos of me marching, bowing, and receiving my certificate.

I felt happy that she didn't missed that moment but I still held back my smile to show that I am sulking.

“Still, you're late. Where have you been? Is that more important than this ceremony?”

She smiled. “Actually, yes. I think that's more important.”

I furrowed my brows and looked at her confusedly. Then she pointed at a direction and when I looked at it, my eyes widened seeing the three boys talking to my noona... together with Umma and Appa!

I slowly turned to Yerin again. “Y-you... You already met them?”

She just nodded with full smile.

“How? When? How were they? What did they told you?”, I asked in panic. It's not that I'm worried that they might not like Yerin, I'm just shocked because it's too sudden and I'm not even there to introduce her properly.

She chuckled. “Why are you panicking? On my way here, Sodam unni came to me and we all went here together with your parents since they're also going to watch you. They're so nice and unni introduced me to them well so you don't have to worry.”

I sighed in relief hearing that everything went fine.
“But I should be the one introducing you to them. Let's go to them.”, I grabbed her hand to come to my parents but she stopped me.

“Wait. Shouldn't you be going now, heading back to your seat because the program isn't over yet?”

“Let's just talk to them. Then after that, I'll go back.”, I tried to pulled her again but she stopped me again.

“Yah! Go back there now. We're going to have a formal talk after this according to your appa. Go, go, go!”, she pushed me to walk back and join the program again.

I sighed and just walked back to my spot. At least I know that everything is well between her and my parents so nothing more to worry. I knew it, no one could dislike her.

 

--Yerin's POV--

“So... Is Jonghyun treating you well?”, Jonghyun's father asked in the middle of our dinner after the graduation program.

“So far, he's behaving well.”, I answered politely but in a light manner.

Within just the whole day that I have spent time with his family, I already grew close to them and became confident talking with them. Just like how unni treated me when we first met, his whole family whole-heartedly.

“Remember what I told you before, Yerin? When you got sick of his attitude, you can always leave him.”, Unni said, causing Jonghyun to frown at her.

“Yah noona! I said stop corrupting Yerin's mind.”, Jonghyun scowled.

I and their parents just laughed at their cute quarell. Then Jonghyun's mom spoke.

“Yerin... Please have long patience for our son though sometimes, it's really hard to understand him.”

I smiled at them but before I can answer, Jonghyun spoke ahead of me.

“That is umma's way of telling to never ever leave me.”, he said.

I made a face to him then faced his parents again.

“I have long patience, ma'am.”

I earned chuckles because of what I addressed her. I was clueless so I looked at them confusedly. Jonghyun's mom took and held my hand.

“Don't you think 'ma'am' is to formal? You're not a stranger to us anymore so you can call us Umma and Appa.”, she smiled calmly at me, giving me a more welcoming feeling so without any hesitations, I followed what she said.

“Yes, umma.”, I slightly bowed my head.

They seemed to be pleased on hearing me addressed them like that, comfortably. They're all smiling at me as we continue to eat our dinner. But Jonghyun seemed to be the most pleased. He kept smiling at me, and would occasionally grab my hand under the table and just held it until he needs to use his hand for eating.

“Have you talked about your plans after this? I mean you won't be entering in a same school anymore and as for you, Jonghyun, you might be very busy with your activities in college. The both of you might have problems with that.”, Appa suddenly brought up the topic.

I just looked at Jonghyun, waiting on what will be his answer. We haven't talked about it yet and set some arrangments.

He glanced at me and looked back to his father then sighed. “Let's not talk about it yet, Appa. Let me enjoy the rest of my vacation. It's just giving me stress.”

“But you need to talk about that. You know... time managements, arrangments and everything.”, Unni said.

“We'll talk about that but not as soon as now. I said that's too stressful. So let me enjoy my time with her first before thinking of that.”, Jonghyun pouted then turned to me.

“You understand me, Yerin, right?”, he asked.

I gave him an assuring smile and nodded. Though I want to know his plans now that he'll be taking a bigger step on his studies, I understand that maybe he's having a hard time adjusting and thinking of it so I don't mind if he wants to be free of those thoughts first.

“You have a very nice and understanding girlfriend.”, His umma said.

“I know right.”, Jonghyun replied proudly.

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

I grinned after I unlocked the front door of Yerin's house then I went in. It's the first morning after the school ended and based on the quietness of the whole house, I know Yerin is still in her room, soundly sleeping. For the first time, I have used the spare key of their house that Yerin gave me to sneak in.

When I found the door of her room, I slowly and quietly opened it and slid myself in. I am right, she's there, peacefully lying on her bed, still having her deep slumber so I got a chance to look around her room.

This is the first time to see her room. It's clean and organized, of course, it's Yerin's. But what caught my attention is a familiar frame hung just above the headboard of her bed. It was the painting that I gave to her for her project but she didn't use. I thought she already threw it away or something but seeing it here in her room, in perfect condition, happiness filled me.

On my happinees on what I have seen, I excitedly sat on the edge of her bed to wake her up.

“Yerin~”, I called her while I'm cupping her face and gently her cheek with my thumb.

Few more calls then her eyes flung half open and she flinched when she saw me.

“Jjong? What are you doing here? How did you get in?”, she asked in a very sleepy voice then rolled to bury her face in her pillow.

“You gave me a spare key, remember? C'mmon get up now.”, I tried to roll her over again to face me but she's making her body stiff, not wanting to be parted from her pillow.

“I want to sleep more. Wake me up again later.”, she hugged her pillow and brought the comforter up to her neck then closed her eyes.

“Babe get up now. No more school so we can spend the whole day together.”, I held her arm and attempted to pull her up but I failed. She even hid herself inside the comforter.

I sighed, crossed my arms over my chest and look at her impatiently. She peeked her head a bit outside the comforter.

“Five more minutes.”, she said sleepily with closed eyes then hid herself again under her covers.

I sighed once more. I know it's still early, but I just wanted to spend more time with her. Actually, after we ate breakfast, she can go back to sleep again... in my embrace.

I sat again on her bed and leaned forward to hug her from her back.

“Get up now Yerin... I'm growing impatient.”, I whispered with a tone of threat, on her head though it's still covered.

But I didn't get any response. I guess she already fell asleep again so now, I have no choice but to get her up in my own way.

I stood up and pulled the comforter completely away from her but she still didn't move.

“I told you, get up NOW.”, I said then lift her up and off the bed, and make her stand.

She groaned in protest but her eyes were still close, though she's standing on her own. I wrapped my arms on her for support and to make her walk up to the bathroom but she's attempting to go back to her bed again so I walked, making her take her steps backwards because I'm hugging her.

“Yah... I want to sleep.”, she mumbled groggily.

“No more sleeping, sleepy fox.”.

We finally got in the bathroom and I led her to the sink. I made her stand sturdily in front of it before opening the faucet then I started to gently wash her face, putting some water on my palm and wiping it to her face.

“You're so stubborn. I said I wanted to sleep more.”, Yerin said while I'm drying her face with a towel. Finally, she's fully awaked.

“You're the stubborn one. I told you to get up but you're not listening to me.”

“It's because it's still early and I'm still sleepy.”, She pouted.

“You're not sleepy anymore so let's eat breakfast now”, I smiled then gave a peck on his pouted lips before pulling her out the bathroom.

“So, you kept this painting here. I thought you already threw it away.”, I told her while helping her fix her bed.

“Why would I throw it away. It's pretty and besides, you spent time and work hard making that.”

I bit my lip on what she said. “Uhmm.... actually... You have something to know about that painting...”, I shyly scratched the back of my neck.

“What?”, she suspiciously looked at me.

I sighed. “I... I'm not the one who made that. I just told Taemin's girlfriend to make it for you because I'm not good in painting too.”

She raised and eyebrow and twitched the corner of her lips.
“So all this time, you're taking the credit for this painting? Then you shouldn't be the one I have thanked before.”

“I'm not taking the credit. I just didn't told you made that. But still I'm the one who thought of helping you. It's all my idea so I'm still the one who should be thanked to.”

She chuckled. “Arasseo. Now I know. Just go out first so I could fix myself.”

She pushed me out of her room and I just patiently waited for her to come out.

-----

“So Yeonmi already went home to their house? How about you, aren't you going to go home to your family this vacation?”, I asked her while we're watching TV on her living room and eating some crackers.

She shrugged. “I will but not now. They told me that they went out of town for weeks and they left me.”

“It's because they prefer you being with me more.”, I laughed and fed her with crackers.

Then she suddenly stood up as if she remembered something and rushed on her room. When she came back, she's holding a box.

“I was supposed to give this to you yesterday but I forgot.”, she handed me the box.

I accepted and when I opened it, there's a cute pen, of course, with a tiny fox figure on top.

(IMAGINE THAT THAT'S A FOX. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I can't find a photo)

“It's a gift for your graduation. I chose to give you a pen so you'll be motivated to at least write some notes when you're classes started.”, she explained before I could even asked.

I smiled and pulled her closer to me for a hug.

“Though you are enough for me to be motivated, thanks for the pen and for supporting me and for everything.”

She rubbed my back while hugging me. “That's all I can do for you. Though I'm not the best girlfriend, I promise to--”

“What did you say? You're not what?”, I cut her sentence, also the hug and made her face me.

“I said though I'm not the best girlfriend, I promise to always support you and stay with you.”, she repeated and finished her sentence this time.

I furrowed my brows. “Wait... The 'promise part' that you said is acceptable but the first one you said is not. How could you think that you're not the best girlfriend?”

“Its just... I...”, she bowed, unable to continue what she is going to say and I didn't let her finish it anymore.

I pulled her again to a hug to make to cut her. “Whatever reason that makes you think of that, just ignore it. Stop those kinds of thoughts, okay? I never thought of that so you shouldn't too.”

She just nodded and silently hugged me back. At least this time, she listened to me. Those kinds of thoughts are the ones that brings problem to relationships so I must stop it from entering her mind.

We parted from the hug and continue watching. I tried to concentrate on watching but I'm still bothered on that topic she had brought up.

“Yerin...”, I called her softly, wanting to totally clear that issue. But when she faced me, I got distracted even more.

She shoved a big piece of cracker in and she can't even eat it completely so half of it was stuck out of . She's even looking at me with those cute eyes of hers that made me forget everything that I'm planning to tell her.

“Do you really have to do that?”, I asked her.

“Do what?”, she asked backed, but almost not understandable because of the big piece of cracker stuck out .

I smirked and leaned closer to her face.

“Let me help you with that.”, I said then bit the remaining cracker sticking out.

Her eyes widened but after a few seconds, she just smiled and she gave me a peck on my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNYEONG READERS!

Sorry for not posting a chapter last week. I'm so busy and my eyebags are as big as apple. So here, two chapters :)

And I would like to share something 'cause seriously, I can't contain it anymore. I CANNOT.

In a month,(or few days more), FINALLY, Shinee will visit our country and will hold a concert here. PLUS EXO-K. weeeeeeee~ plus Dal Shabet.

So there ^-^ hope you like my update :))

PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT, KAMSAHAMNIDA :**