14: Pressure Count

My SLY Fox

--Yerin’s POV—

“Jin Yerin~!”, someone called me while I was heading to our school building.

My brows furrowed in confusion when I heard that familiar voice. I quickly looked back to confirm who really was calling me. Then I saw Jonghyun, running towards me.

“Why do you walk so fast?”, he stopped in front of me, panting.

I raised an eyebrow. “Why are you already here? You’re supposed to be resting until today.”

“I’m fine now and it’s so boring to be alone all day.”

“But the doctor sa—“

“I already asked my doctor about this and he allowed me. Don’t worry too much.”, he grinned.

“Fine.”, I said and turned around to continue walking.

He followed and walked with me.

“What now?!?”, I growled at him.

“Will you go out with me this Saturday?”

“Sorry, I’m having a headache this weekend.”, I said coldly and walked faster.

“Hey wait…”, he walked faster too. “I’ve been asking you about this since yesterday.”

I faced him and scowled.

“It’s good you know that you’re bugging me about this since yesterday. And just for you to know, it’s annoying.”, I sneered.

“Why don’t you just give me an answer?”

“I already answered you a hundred times. And I’m going to repeat it again… NO.”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t like!”, I turned but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

“Okay. What shall I do to make you say yes?”, he said seriously.

He’s looking impatient and I don’t like it. He doesn’t have any single right to be like that because I already turned his offer down plenty of times, since yesterday.

Since the time he asked me to give him a chance like having a date, he became persistent on asking it again and again.

I closed my eyes tightly out of frustration. I sighed deeply and looked straight on his eyes.

“Nothing. Just stop this and leave me alone.”

“C’mmon tell me. What will I do to make you go out with me?”

And that’s when my temper exploded. I shook off his hand gripping on my wrist and angrily squinted my eyes at him.

“How many times do you want to hear it from me? NO, NO and another NO! You don’t have to do anything because no matter what you do, I won’t go out with you!”, I yelled but not loud enough for everybody to hear.

We’re in the middle of the school quadrangle where there’s a lot of students passing and walking around. If I yelled too loud, we will catch too much attention.

Jonghyun didn’t move for seconds. Then I saw his expression change. His eyes became narrowed and his lips starting to form a straight line.

“Really? You won’t?”, he asked me in a cold tone, which I never heard from him.

I secretly gulped. It was the first time I saw this expression on him.

‘Did I become to harsh on my words?’

Though I felt a little nervous towards Jonghyun’s sudden change of mood, I hold on to my decision of refusing his offer and tried to hide uneasiness on me.

“I won’t.”

“Really? You won’t”, he asked still with narrow eyes but his eyebrow raised as he took a step backward.

“Yeah so could you please stop it now.”

“You won’t?”, he took another step backwards but his voice raised a bit.

I didn’t answered and just furrowed my brows, wondering what is he doing.

“YOU WON’T?”, he took another step backwards and now his voice totally raised.

His voice got too loud that some students passing are looking at us.

“What are you doing?”, I asked, confused on what is he up to.

“I’M GOING TO ASK YOU AGAIN, CAN YOU GO OUT WITH ME?”, his now completely yelling.

Some students are stopping by to take a look on what’s happening. I can already hear gasps and murmur from them.

“ONE!”, he yelled again, starting a count.

“What are you counting for?!?”, I started to panic on his actions, plus the increasing attention we are earning.

“If you don’t answer me ‘yes’ at the count of five, I’m going to shout here and tell everybody that you are my girlfriend. And you know what could happen next.”, his voice toned down a bit on that explanation, enough to be heard just by me.

“TWO!”

Panic rose all over me. His face looks serious and determined. I know he will really do his threat and I don’t want that to happen. If he did that, I will have to say goodbye to my peaceful normal life. I’m sure that issue will spread all over the campus and no matter how I deny it, they will still believe it, because it’s from Jonghyun. That’s what Jonghyun can do here in the school.

“THREE!”

I gasped when I heard him count again. I don’t know what to do now and the murmurs of the students watching us add loads of pressure on me. I don’t want to date with Jonghyun for many reasons but how about his threat.

“FOUR!”, his eyes narrowed even more and one side of his lips twitched up.

I looked at him and nothing changed on his expression. I looked around and surprised by the amount of people watching us.

“FIV—“

“OKAY FINE! I WILL. STOP THIS NOW!”, I yelled with closed eyes.

I can’t bare the stares that I’m receiving from the people around us.

“Good. This saturday. It’s set.”, he came close to me and tapped my cheeks.

His expression is back to normal again, aside from the super wide smile and sparkling eyes he has now.

“Thanks for watching everyone but we don’t need you here so you could all go.”, He announced to everyone, driving them away.

Murmurs started to fade as people all started to walk away.

I look up to him angrily.

“I’ll really hate you for this.”, I said in between heavy breaths because of the anger rising on me.

“After the date, it’ll be all gone don’t worry…”, he smirked.

-----

“What’s your problem?”, Yeonmi gave me a weird look while watching me holding the spoon so tight as I dug it on my food.

I just looked up at her then went to harshly digging my breakfast.

“Oh I forgot. It’s Saturday today. D-DAY!”, she giggled.

“Stop reminding me. I’m actually thinking on how to not make it happen.”

“Why? You already said yes and it’s not good to take back your words.”

“You don’t know what I am feeling. If you were in my—“

“If I were in your situation, I’ll be screaming and running around because of happiness.”, she giggled again.

“Stop gig—“

I was cutoff when the doorbell rang. I and Yeonmi looked at each other but our eyes are totally different. Hers were full of excitement and happiness while mine, nervousness and frustration can be seen.

“Isn’t he too early?”, I raised an eyebrow.

“Maybe he’s just too excited. I’ll get it, stay there.”, she stood up and went out of the kitchen.

I can’t stay still on my seat while waiting in the kitchen. I don’t know but this whole dating thing is making me uneasy, though it’s just a date.

“Yerin, you should come here.”, Yeonmi called from the front door.

I took a deep breath and stood up to go out of the kitchen and went to them. My eyes widened… but somehow relieved when I saw that it’s not the person I was expecting to see.

“Auntie, what are you doing here?”, I asked my aunt who’s standing there, with Sohee, her four years old, cute daughter.

“Yerin, sorry to disturb you here but I need your help. I need to go out and meet someone but Sohee’s nanny isn’t available today. Our neighbors also can’t look over her because they’re busy today. Since your house is just near to ours, I went to ask you if you could…”, Auntie said.

An idea quickly lit up in my mind.

“Take care of her? Sure, I’m more than willing to do that, Auntie.”, I smiled and took Sohee from her.

“Really? Don’t you have something to do today?”

“Actually, Yerin has a—“

“I have nothing to do. I’m so free all day.”, I quickly covered Yeonmi’s mouth to prevent her from saying more details. If my aunt knew that I have something to do today, she won’t be leaving Sohee to me because she doesn’t want to disturb my schedules.

“Great! I really have to go now. I’ll be back as soon as I can. Thank you very much Yerin.”, she hugged me and her daughter.

“No problem, Aunt. Say bye to umma Sohee~.”, I carried her.

“Bye bye umma~”, she waved her hands cutely.

Her umma waved her hands to and went away. I closed the door with a big smile on my face.

“So… your free today, huh?”, Yeonmi crossed her arms over her chest.

“This is the greatest idea I could ever think of. I’m busy so no date will happen.”, I grinned.

“I doubt that. I’ll go now just in case Jonghyun came for your date.”, she walked away to go to her room.

“But there’s no more date, you could stay.”

“You don’t know Kim Jonghyun~”, she said naughtily.

 

Yeonmi is already gone and Sohee and I are just watching TV, while playing with each other.

“Unni, I want pancakes~”, she said cutely.

“Okay. I’ll go and cook some. Stay there okay?”

I was about to enter the kitchen when the doorbell rung. I grinned, thinking of what will be Jonghyun’s reaction now that out ‘date’ is cancelled, and it’s for good.

“Hi~… Wait. Why aren’t you dresses yet?”, he asked me when I opened the door.

I smirked and leaned on the frame of the door.

“Sorry to say Jonghyun but the date is cancelled. Something came up so I’m not free today?”, I sounded sorry but my face looks totally happy.

“You can’t fool me Yerin. Better get dresses and we’ll go now.”

“Sohee, baby, could you please come here~”, I called Sohee without taking my eyes from Jonghyun.

Moments later, Sohee came, happily skipping and hugged my leg.

“Unni, who’s that?”, she asked cutely.

I looked at Jonghyun and his face is unexplainable. He’s shifting his eyes from me, then to Sohee then back to me.

“What’s this?”, he asked

“Just this morning, her mom brought her here and asked me to take care of her for today because she has something important to attend to. By the way this is Sohee.”, I grinned.

He looked at me for seconds, trying to confirm what I said. Later on, my eyes widened when I saw him smile. It’s not the expression I’m expecting to get from him.

“It’s okay. Then Sohee could come with us.”, he said.

“NO… No, we can’t leave here. Her mother will pick up her here anytime and we should be here.”, I panicky countered his idea.

He thought for a while then stepped inside the house, without even invited.

“Then let’s all stay here. We’ll play together with Sohee~.”, he was about to pick up Sohee but she hid herself between my legs and stuck out her tongue to Jonghyun.

“Sohee, I’m oppa. Let’s play.”, he crouched on Sohee’s level to talk to her.

“No Sohee. Don’t call him oppa. He’s not a friend.”, I picked up Sohee and held her away from Jonghyun.

“Ne, you’re not oppa. Merong~.”, Sohee pouted and stuck out her tongue again.

Jonghyun pouted and stuck out his tongue too.

“See? You’re not welcome here, so you could go now.”, I opened the door wider.

Jonghyun just smirked and instead of walking out of the door, he walked farther in the house and went to the living room.

“Yah! Date is cancelled so you could leave now.”, I put Sohee down and followed Jonghyun in the living room only to see him comfortably sitting on the couch.

“Who told you date is cancelled? This is what you call indoor date.”, he smiled.

I pulled my hair out of frustration. Jonghyun is on his stubborn mode again. I can’t even make him leave and I know I will never can.

“Unni, my pancakes~”, Sohee looked up at me as she pulled the hem of my shirt.

I sighed and smiled at her.

“Okay. Unni will make it for you… Stay here and watch TV.”

“Come to oppa, baby girl~. We’re going to play.”, Jonghyun called Sohee.

“NO! Sohee’s not gonna to play with you.”, Sohee yelled at him with her little voice.

“We’re going to play here. Go and make some pancakes.”, Jonghyun smiled at me then stuck his tongue again to Sohee.

‘At least, Sohee is on my side…’

I sighed and went to the kitchen to cook.

After fifteen minutes, I came back to the living room holding a tray, only to be surprised to see Sohee, sitting on Jonghyun’s lap and they’re playing with his iPad.

I put the tray down on to center table and looked at Sohee.

“Sohee, I thought you’re not going to play with him?”

“ Oppa is nice to Sohee~”, she smiled cutely at me and continued to play with Jonghyun’s iPad.

I sighed. Jonghyun caught Sohee’s attention gadgets, plus the casing of his iPad is so cute that no kid can resist. Again, it has a super cute fox casing.

“Sohee, here’s your pancakes, eat first.”, I handed Sohee a plate of pancake but Jonghyun took it because she’s busy playing.

 “I told you we’re going to play”, Jonghyun smiled childishly at me.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the other couch to watch TV. I can see Jonghyun feeding Sohee. He seemed to like kids. Maybe that’s the reason why he got Sohee’s heart.

‘Good… At least, he’s nice to children.’

“Oppa, this is not fun anymore. Sohee wants games on your phone.”, Sohee said as she put the iPad aside.

“Oppa’s phone? Here~”, he took out his phone and let Sohee explore it.

Sohee stared on his phone’s screen for seconds, like she was inspecting something. Then her face suddenly lit up.

“Eung? Unni, you’re here!”, she giggled while pointing to the phone screen.

My eyebrow raised and reached my hand to her to take the cellphone. My eyes widened when I saw my selca (self-camera/picture), as his wallpaper.

I looked at Jonghyun, who is not affected that I discovered something, he’s just calmly watching TV while eating pancake.

“Kim Jonghyun! What’s this?”

“Uhm… Phone? With your photo?”, he answered innocently.

“I know it’s a phone with my photo on it, babo. Why is my photo here? Where did you get this?”

“Too many questions… You’re photo is there, because I want it to be there. Where did I get it…. It’s my secret.”, he smirked.

“Is it from Yeonmi? Is she also the one who gave you my number?”, I asked him, almost wanting to throw his cellphone.

He shook his head. “No, it’s none of them are from Yeonmi. You still have your loyalty. But where I got you’re number, is also my source of your picture.”

I threw his cellphone on the couch they were sitting and tried to calm myself.

“I swear. If I ever found out who’sthat source of yours, you’re both dead.”

He just chuckled and continued feeding Sohee.

 

Hours passed, I noticed Jonghyun and Sohee became quiet. I can’t hear Sohee’s giggles anymore. When I looked at them, I saw Sohee, sleeping beside Jonghyun, using his lap as a pillow. Jonghyun is gently her hair as he watches her sleep.

I don’t know he has this kind of attitude. Behind the stubborn and rude Jonghyun, he has  a soft spot when it come to kids. This scene is enjoyable to watch that I didn’t notice that I have been looking at them for too long, particularly to Jonghyun.

“Do I look attractive for you now?”, he suddenly said then looked at me.

“Conceited. Go home now.”, I pouted and looked away.

“Why do you keep on driving me away?”

“Why not? No one even told you to come here.”

“You really don’t want me here?”

“Why do you keep asking questions with obvious answers?”

“Really, huh?”, He smirked, gently removed Sohee on his lap and walked towards me.

He stopped in front of me and crossed his arms over his chest with a naughty smirk.

“Go home now.”, I stood up to push him away but he stepped closer to me before I could do that.

“This is still a date so you can’t just drive me away.”, he took a step closer again causing me to step  backwards but I can’t move anymore because the couch is blocking me.

“D-don’t dare come close Jonghyun.”, I tried to escape but he swiftly s his arms around my waist.

“I dare.”, he grinned.

I placed my arms on his chest, trying to prevent him on getting closer.

I could feel my heart pounding, maybe from nervousness… yeah, definitely from nervousness. He’s too close to me and his eyes were like screws wanting to bore holes on my eyes.

“This date is kinda fun…”, he said, grinning.

“This is not even considered as a date.”, I tried to push him away but his arms were tightly wrapped on my waist.

“For me, it already is… But don’t you think we should make this date more memorable?”

My eyes widened in shock on what he said. Though I don’t exactly know what is he talking about, I’m sure it’s something that I won’t like.

“J-jonghyun… Stay away. NOW.”, I tried my best to sound strong though inside, I can feel my whole body shaking.

He smirked. “Shall we end this date in a memorable way?”

I gasped when his smirk grew wider. Inch by inch, he’s leaning closer to me. I tried to push away but nothing happens.

“Yah! What the hell are you doing?!?!? If you don’t stop this—“

“What? You’re going to bite me again?”, he said calmly, then laughed.

I thought of things to do to stop him. I can’t let myself melt because of his silly actions. He’ll just think he won and his confidence will boost.

I fixed myself and tried to stand straight. “No, of course I won’t do that.”, I smiled.

“Then what?”

“This.”

I smiled even wider then with all my strength I lift my foot to stomped it strongly on his foot.

“AHH!”, he finally let go of me and started to limp and hop on one foot.

“it’s memorable, isn’t it?”, I flashed a proud victorious smile as I watch him limp in pain.

“Bye now~. Learn your lessons.”, I pushed him to the door and to his car.

He was about to protest but I quickly run inside the house and locked the door. I leaned against the close door, breathing deeply.

 

Now I could feel all the nervousness caused by what happened earlier. I heard is pounding harder as if it’s going to break my chest.  Jonghyun is becoming more and more dangerous. More reason why I should stay away from him…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long chapter.... pfff. -___-

Jonghyun's back! Seeing him on stage again today, together with the rest of Shinee, it's just too....... i can't explain it.
Though he's not that well yet, his voice can't reach high notes yet, it's still Jonghyun and the performance is still DAEBAK.

hehe. I said too much. I just can't contain my feels and I wanted to let it out before i explode. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

THANKS FOR READING. ♥