39: NO! TT^TT

My SLY Fox

 

--Yerin's POV--

“Are you sure it's okay for us to hangout like this? You know, Jonghyun isn't good when it comes to me.”, Sehun worriedly asked.

We saw each other at a convenient store earlier so I decided to have snack with him at an ice cream parlor for a while since I have nothing to do.

“What's wrong with this? We're just having snack so we don't have to worry.”, I smiled and scooped my chocolate ice cream then shoved it in my mouth.

“Where is he right now? It's unusual to you that you're not with him.”, he asked.

“He's busy these past days but I'll think he'll come over later.”

Sehun just nodded and looked at me while I'm eating my ice cream.

“So, is everything okay between you two?”, He suddenly asked.

I don't know what made him ask that question but I can sense worry on his tone. I looked up at him and smiled a bit.

“We're okay. We're still like before. But I don't think EVERYTHING is okay.”, I bowed my head.

“Why? Did something happened? Is there a problem?”, he asked continuously.

I sighed as I look up at him. I guess, as my friend and as a man too, he could help me and give advices based on a man's point of view.

“Sehun, tell me, it's normal to get jealous sometimes right?”, I asked.

He scrunched his nose, finding my question weird, but later on, he nodded.

“Of course it is. So you're jealous at someone?”

I just looked down at my bowl of ice cream instead of answering. It's feels weird to share something like this to others but I just needed to seek for advices.

“Oh~ So there is really someone you're jealous at. C'mmon. Let's talk about it.”

I looked at him, like confirming if he really can help and seeing that he's ready to listen, I sighed and proceed talking.

“There's a girl that Jonghyun met at the university. She's actually a friend of his. --”

“Woah that's new.”, Sehun interrupted me just to express his amazement.

“I'm not done talking yet.”, I glared at him.

“Oh sorry. Go on.”, he covered his mouth and rested his elbows on the table to pay more attention.

I sighed then continued talking and I told him everything. Starting from the time when he introduced me to Jisoo, what I felt when I saw how close they are and until the weird acts of Jonghyun lately. I told him all my worries and I'm glad that he's listening well.

“So it's all because they are close with each other?”, Sehun asked after I finished narrating.

“It's just that I am not used of Jonghyun being that entertaining to other girls. And another thing, I remember he said once that the reason why he got comfortable being with her is because he sometimes sees my attitude on her. It isn't good, is it?”

He paused for a while while nodding, analyzing what I have said.
“Based on what I have heard, you're worried that there could be a possibility that because Jonghyun sees you on her, eventually, he might...”, he did not finished his sentence anymore when he noticed the change on my expression.

I don't like what he's pointing out but I think that's one of my worries.

“Well, it's you who knows him better. But you, do you trust him?”, he asked seriously.

“I... I do. He hasn't done anything wrong since then.”, I answered in a soft voice.

“Then I think that's enough. If he still has your trust, everything is fine between you. And also, I don't think Jonghyun can do something that will hurt you.”

A few seconds of silence occurred before I smiled at him. Talking to him about this lessened my worried a bit. People around us believes that Jonghyun won't do anything wrong so I just have to continue trusting him.

“Thanks Sehun. Though Jonghyun hadn't been so good to you, you gave a fair answer.”, I smiled at him.

“It's nothing. I understand him... And since I believe he doesn't know you're with me right now, I think we better go back now before you fight about this again.”, he suggested.

I nodded, pick up my bag and stood up. After paying, we headed out of the ice cream parlor. We're standing beside the road, waiting for a taxi when someone from the other side of the road caught my attention.

I thought my eyes weren't seeing right but when I got a good look of that someone, it's Jonghyun, talking to... Jisoo in front of a shop across us.

“Hey Yer--”, Sehun was cut off on calling me when he noticed that I'm just standing motionless, having my eyes stuck on the other side of the road.

“It's Jonghyun, right? Who's that girl?”, he asked.

“She's the girl I am talking about.”, I answered, still looking at them.

It took me moments before I managed to come to my senses and look away. I immediately turned around, and faced Sehun. I know that there's nothing wrong with that sight. Friends usually hang out together, like what I and Sehun are doing right now but I found that sight disturbing, specially that I saw Jisoo has her arms hooked to Jonghyun's. It gave me a feeling like something is squeezing me and I have to look away in order to ease that pain from the squeeze.

“Yerin, you said they're friends so there's nothing really wrong seeing them together here, like us...here.”, Sehun said, calming me.

I looked up at him. “I know. I'm okay. Let's just go.”

I grabbed his arm to pull him away but my phone rang.

“He haven't seen you yet. He's calling you, I can see it from here.”, Sehun told me, since he's facing the direction where Jonghyun and Jisoo is and I am facing the opposite direction.

The ringtone of my phone continued to play so I reached inside my pocket and took out the phone.

“Ne?”, I answered in a soft voice.

“Yerin-ah, where are you?”

I hesitated to answer for a while, not knowing what to say. “I-I'm here... here at home.”

I saw Sehun's eyebrow furrowed, but he didn't say anything.

“Okay. I'll be there for a while. Wait for me, okay?”

“O-Okay. I'm just here. Bye.”, I immediately ended the call and placed my phone in my bag.

When I looked at Sehun, he's frowning at me while his arms are crossed over his chest.

“Why did you tell him you're at home? And why didn't you tell him you saw him?”

“What for? I saw him, that's it. And I don't wanna disturb them, it's their time. And besides, like what you said earlier, if he found out that I'm with you, we might fight again.”, I explained, trying to avoid Sehun's eyes.

He sighed deep and just nodded. We just both keep quiet for the next minutes until a taxi stopped in front of us. He opened the door for me and let me get in.

“Yerin, you sure you're okay?”, he asked again.

“Yeah. I'll go now. Go home safe.”, I forced a little smile and shut the car door myself.

I saw a flash of worried look in Sehun's eyes before the taxi went away. I calmed myself and tried to tell myself over and over again that there's nothing wrong on what I saw but I still don't feel good. I don't think I look well that's why I didn't told Jonghyun that I'm there where they are and I saw them. I don't know how to react in front of them. But I believe I'll feel better later on, this will pass.

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

“Jisoo, I'll go now. Yerin said she's at home.”, I told Jisoo after I called Yerin.

“Just one more shop. Let's just go there then you can go.”, she insisted and grabbed my arm.

I shook my head. “You've been telling me 'one more shop' about five times since earlier. I need to go to Yerin now.”

“She doesn't know you're with me, right?”

“Yeah. But she's not asking. I'll go now.”, I tried to remove her hands clung on my arm but she held tighter.

“Since you like Yerin being jealous, you should have told her that we're together right now.”, she said.

“No. Once is enough. It's not good for her to be too much jealous. Specially because she sometimes feels something like a weird insecurity.”, I explained.

She raised an eyebrow. “Insecurity? And what is it?”

“Since I'm her first boyfriend, she thinks that she's not doing well as a girlfriend and that she lacks sometimes.”

“Doesn't she?”,her brows raised more.

I looked at her and frowned a bit on her question. “Of course she doesn't. She has always been enough for me. Everything she does for me is enough, actually, more than enough.”,

“Cheesy.”, she huffed and glared away but her eyes got stuck on a certain direction.

“Is she really doing well, Jonghyun?”, she asked while her eyes are still on the other side of the road.

Instead of answering her question, I turned and looked at the direction she was looking and it didn't even took me a second to recognize those persons across the road.

“I thought Yerin is at home?”, Jisoo said.

I didn't answer and just looked at Yerin and Sehun. I saw Sehun opened the door of the taxi for her and she got in.

I felt by blood boiling and rising in my body, witnessing that sight and remembering that Yerin told me that she is at home.

“Who is that guy with your girlfriend?”, Jisoo asked again. I turned to her when the taxi where Yerin rode went away.

“I have to go. Just ride a taxi, you can manage that.”, I said and immediately ran to my car, leaving Jisoo there and not even bothering to say goodbye to her. All I want to do right now is to talk to Yerin and all I care about now is the reason why she lied about being at home. And worst, she's with Sehun.

I drove as fast as I can to her house. I wanted to arrive at her house ahead of her so I could prove that she lied. If my stirring wheel could talk, I'm sure it's screaming right now because of how tight I'm holding it right now.

In just a very short and nearly impossible time record, I reached Yerin's house. I arrived ahead of her and I used the spare key to open her house. I can't stay still while waiting for her. I'm thinking of words to tell her when she arrived but at the same time, I'm trying to calm myself because I might say something that could hurt her.

After a few minutes, I heard the front door opened and somebody went in. When Yerin got to the living room and saw me, her eyes widened and she froze on her spot.

“Since when did 'outside' became your house? Have you moved?”, I said sarcastically while sitting on the couch, staring at her.

“I-I just... went out.”, she stuttered.

“With whom? Sehun? Again?”, I rose from the couch and slowly walked closer to her.

She looked at me with asking eyes I just leered as I draw near her.

“I saw you. Did your bonding time went well? You should have told me so I gave you more time or maybe I should have not called you earlier because maybe I have disturbed the both of you.”, I said when I got in front of her.

“W-we just saw each other while I'm buying something... s-so we decided t-to have snack for a while.”, she said, bowing her head.

“Then why do you have to say your at home? Why do you have to lie?”, I tried my best not to yell.

She did not answer and just looked down to the floor. I'm still trying to hold my temper but I don't think I can anymore.

“Why do you always have to be with him?”, I yelled.

She finally looked up but with a serious look on her face.

“And you? Why do you always have to be with Jisoo?”, she yelled too.

“What? Why is Jisoo suddenly involved here?”, I asked irritably.

“I saw you too. You didn't also told me that you're with Jisoo a while ago.”

“Because you didn't ask! You never asked about those things.”, I yelled again.

All my temper is spilling right now and the fact that she is yelling too isn't helping. I wanted to yell more but at least , I could still control myself.

She hasn't said anything yet again. She just stared with me with those hurting eyes of her which are watery but at the same time, firing with anger. I never wanted to see her eyes like that but I can't comfort her right now like I used to comfort her before.

“You even went shopping with her.”, she said in a cold, hurting tone.

I frowned. “So what is this? A passing game? The issue here is about you lying and you being with Sehun.”

“There's nothing wrong about being with Sehun just as you being with Jisoo. I'm not asking you to explain why you're with Jisoo a while ago because I believe there's nothing wrong with that but you keep on asking me to explain.”, She yelled again, her voice starting to break because of the tears that are about to fall, but now, that's not my priority.

“It's because Jisoo and Sehun are different. I'm sure nothing is between me and Jisoo and I trust myself not to do anything. But Sehun...”

“So you're trying to say that Sehun can't be trusted. How many times do I have to tell you we're friends?!? I don't really get your point. I don't understand why you dislike him though he's not doing anything. Is it because you know he's better than you on some aspects? He's nicer than...--”

She cut her sentence herself and didn't finished it anymore. Maybe she realized that she's saying something offending, something beyond what I can take to hear. Or maybe she noticed a big change on my expression.

Being compared to someone, and hearing that someone is better... It's something Kim Jonghyun can't take.

“There... it came out. He's nicer? Is that what you said?”

Her eyes softened and became apologetic but I don't care anymore. I'm too filled to care anymore.

“If that's what you think.”, I just simply said and turned around to walk away.

She called me many timed while I'm making my way out of the house but I don't have plans of looking back. I continue to walk until I reached the front door and as soon as I got out, I slammed it closed and got in the car.

-------

I held the stirring wheel really tight, even tighter than how I held it earlier. If possible I want to squeeze it until it become as thin as thread. I'm looking straight to the road but all I can see is red.

I'm seriously pissed off. I wanted to yell, I wanted to punch and kicked someone. Hearing those words from Yerin feels like I've been cursed. All I want is an explanation but it grew into a fight.

Suddenly my phone rang, I didn't look at the caller ID anymore because I know it's Yerin. She's been calling me since I left her house but don't wanna talk to her. It'll just make the situation worse.

The phone stopped ringing but few seconds after, it started ringing again. The ring sounds so irritating for me right now so I grabbed the phone, turned it off and squeezed it too, as I unconsciously stepped harder on the accelerator too.

I just realized that I've driving very fast when I have to immediately step on the brakes because there's another vehicle passing on the intersection road. The image of the sideview of the other car quickly becomes bigger as my car draws near but the brakes seemed to react too slow.

The next thing I knew was there's a very loud crash and there are flying pieces of broken glass flying everywhere. My sight became blurry and I felt a very sharp pain on my body...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun TT^TT Don't hate me my readers for hurting him. :(

NOTICE: I'm ending this fanfic soon. Few more chapters and we're done. Hope you'll still support Jonghyun and Yerin until the final chapter. :*

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ^0^

READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE and VOTE~~