36: "You have a girlfriend?"

My SLY Fox

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

Together with Onew hyung, I sat outside our cabin though we are instructed to sleep by the head of this camp trip. It's too early to settle on my bed so I went out and I brought Onew hyung with me because it's too boring to stay up alone.

“If you don't want to sleep, don't take me with you. I'm already sleepy.”, Onew hyung yawned and hugged himself because of the cold night wind.

“Few more minutes hyung.”, I insisted as I doodle on a piece of paper, trying to entertain my self, using the cute, fox pen that Yerin gave me.

“You've said 'few more minutes' too just an hour ago. Really, how long is a minute for you?”, he rolled his eyes and stamped his feet on the wooden floor of the cabin terrace. I just ignored him and continued with what I am doing.

“Hey, you two. Why aren't you sleeping yet?”

We both looked at Jisoo who stepped in with us, coming from their own cabin. She used her arm force to pull herself up and sit on the wooden railings of the terrace.

“Someone here is refusing to sleep and has to carry me with him.”, Onew pouted.

“How about you, why are you still up?”, I asked her.

She shrugged. “I can't sleep too. It's too early.”

“Exactly.” I agreed then give Onew hyung an 'I-told-you' look but he just glared away.

“Hey wait...”, Jisoo chuckled. “Aren't you too old and manly too use such a cute pen?”

“This?”, I held the pen up. “No one's too old for cute stuffs and this one is not just a simple pen. This cute fox pen came from a fox.”

She raised an eyebrow and looked at me like I am crazy.

“Let me clear that for him. That pen actually came from her girlfriend whom he call a fox.”, Onew explained.

It took seconds before she responded.

“Y-you have a girlfriend?”, she asked, seemed to be more curious on the facr that I have a girlfriend instead of why do I call her a fox.

“What's with the reaction? Is it unbelievable that I have one?”, I asked when I saw that her expression was quite weird.

“N-no. It's just that...”, she bowed her head then jumped off the railing.

“Well... I'll just walk around before I head back to the our cabin. Goodnight.”, she bowed and continued to walk out, not even looking back.

I followed her with my eyes until she's out of my sight then turned to Onew hyung with asking expression on why she reacted weirdly.

“I don't know. All I know right now is I'm so sleepy and I can't stay up with you anymore so whether you like it or not, I'm going to sleep.”, he stood from his chair and immediately went in.

I sighed, crumpled the paper I doodled on and threw it on a bin before entering the cabin too. I still don't feel sleepy and also, I don't think I'll be able to sleep right away because of the urge to talk to a certain someone.

Since we first came here in the camp, until now that which is our last night, I still haven't talked to Yerin because of the poor network connection. I can't contact her because signal isn't stable on this kind of place and I really had to have a good timing to catch a good signal on my phone.

My sight went to the desk where my phone is placed.

'Please... Let me call her now, at least just now.', I thought, not sure to whom I am really talking to.

I picked up my phone and went out to the terrace again. I sat myself on on the wooden railings and held my phone tight, calling all the powers of nature to ask for a chance to call. I unlocked the phone and almost jumped too see a fair signal that registered there then I quickly dialed Yerin's number before losing a chance.

“Yoboseyo?”, she answered, in a very awaked tone.

“Hey miss, why aren't you sleeping yet?”

“Oh you want me to sleep? Then hang up now.”

“Why are you so rude? Don't you miss me?”, I pouted, as if she's going to see.

“No.”, she answered briefly but i heard her chuckled.

I sneered. “Oh really? Just wait until I comeback.”

“Then what?”, she teased.

“You're so going to be dead. Wait and see.”

“Ok. Not scared though.”, she giggled but I can hear that the signal is already going weak.

“I miss you. I'll be there after a few days.”, I said.

“I'll wait so come quick, okay? If you keep me waiting...”, she hung her sentence with a threatening tone.

“Don't dare to do anything Yerin. I'm warning you... Just dare and I'm going to punish you a lot.”

She chuckled again. “Arasseo. Let's sleep now.”

“Say that something you are calling me first before hanging up...”, I grinned.

She paused for a while but sighed later on. “Yeobo, sleep now. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight too. I lov--”, I was cut off by the beeping sound from the phone. The signal went out already and I didn't even finished my goodbye to her. I sighed and stared at the wallpaper on my phone.

“You really have a girlfriend...”, someone suddenly talked that almost caused me to fell to the ground. Jisoo appeared, walked towards me and sat with me.

“I told you I have one.”, I answered.

She has been very close to me and to Onew hyung since the first day of classes. We hung out a lot, and we have grew comfortable in company of each other, specially me and that's something new because I don't usually make friends to some random girls. I remembered that this is the first time that I have mentioned to her that I have a girlfriend.

“What is she like?”, she asked.

“Not any other girl. Actually your attitude sometimes reminds me of her. But she's far more tough than you.”

“Really? Does that mean I'm close to your type of girl?, she flashed a twinkling smile at me.

I looked at her weirdly but managed to smile later on. If she's another girl, I would definitely think that she has crush on me.

“Only her matches my type of girl so... no.”, I declared in a joking manner though it's really true.

“You love her?”

That question made my brow raised but eventually I smiled and answer.

“Of course. More than much.”

She nodded and smiled. “I want to meet her then.”

“Meet her? Why?”, I raised an eyebrow.

“I just wanted to meet her.”, she said calmly.

“Okay. We'll arrange that soon.”

 

--Yerin's POV--

I sat on the sofa, watching TV when Yeonmi came and joined me.

“It's been more than a week. When is Jonghyun oppa coming?”, she asked, grabbing handful of chips from the foil bag I am holding.

“I don't know. The last time he called me, he's with his father on a trip.”

She stared at me for a while before talking again. “You really trust him a lot, don't you?”

“Of course. Why did you asked that suddenly?”, I looked at her weirdly.

“Nothing. It's just that, other girls would definitely freak out by this time if their boyfriends went away for more than a week, but you...”

“Why will I freak out. First, he told me about this before he left. Second, he calls me everytime he can, and third, it's not as if he's out to meet other girls.”, I shoved chips in my mouth and turned to the TV again.

“So no worries? Even a little?”, she asked, reassuring.

“Even a little. I'll just get worried or even jealous if I can feel something strange. Aishhh, why do you and Jonghyun keeps on asking me about being jealous?”, I rolled my eyes.

“Pff. Just being normal.”, she said, as a matter of factly.

I glared at her but before I can even say something, the doorbell rang.

“I'll get it.”, I sighed and stood up.

As I walk to the door, the ring of the doorbell gets continuous like someone very impatient is ringing it so I got a little irritated.

I held the doorknob, ready to rant on whoever that someone who is trying to smash the doorbell button. But the moment I turned the doorknob, not even pulling it, the door flew open and almost hit my body if only I didn't quickly stepped backward. Then in a second, I was tackled with a tight hug, causing me to step backwards as Jonghyun walks forward.

“Yah, Yah, Yah! Jonghyun, stop for a sec!”, I yelled while trying to get off his tight hug, worrying that we might fall if he continued to make me walk backwards.

Then I almost fell when I reached an end and had the back of my knee hit the edge of the couch, but he stood sturdily and held me tight.

“What's taking you so long to open the door?”, he asked, still refusing to let me go.

“Long? What's long on waiting until I reach the door? And wait, can't you greet me in a MORE normal way?”, I tried to push away because he's almost suffocating me, but he really won't get off.

“Isn't this normal?”

“Obviously, NO.”,I gave up pushing and just hug him back.

I heard a soft chuckle from him and his hug loosen a bit to just normal and relaxed.
“I missed you.”, he whispered then gave a peck on my cheeks.

“Yah, you two. I'm still here.”, Yeonmi interrupted.

“Oh hi. I didn't notice you.”, Jonghyun finally parted from the hug.

“Obviously, you really didn't. Wait...”, Yeonmi paused when something caught her attention at the open door.

“Jonghyun oppa, are you planning to move here already?”, she pointed at the a suitcase and a traveling bag left by Jonghyun at the front.

“Uhm yes and I already brought some of my stuffs.”, he answered then left for a while to get his bags and threw it on the living room floor before flopping down on the couch.

My eyes widened and I glared at him.

“But it seems like Yerin doesn't like that idea so let's just say that I went straight here right after my trip with my dad that's why I have my bags with me.”, he laughed at me,

“Did Yerin missed me? Did she became hysterical when I didn't come for too long?”, he asked Yeonmi.

I walked past him to sit on the other couch but he pulled the hem of my shirt so I landed beside him. I glared but he just winked at me.

“Pff. Sorry oppa, that didn't happened.”, Yeonmi answered.

“Why would I be hysterical?”, I raised an eyebrow at him.

He turned to the side and tilted his head as he looks at me. “You didn't missed me?”

Yeonmi interrupted again with a cough which made the both of us look at him.
“Uhm I think I better go now before you completely forgot that you're not alone here.”, she stood up and marched to her room.

He turned to me again. “So as I was asking, you didn't miss me, huh?”

“Why do you keep on asking? If I know, you're just fishing for a sweet answer.”, I stuck my tongue out and attempted to get up from the couch but he immediately locked his arms on my waist.

“So what if I am? Then just give me the answer I want.”

I made a face but cupped his face and his cheeks.

“Though you always call me and talk to me until I almost wanted to just hung up just to stop you from narrating everything... I still missed you.”

“I knew it. You missed me so much.”, he grinned and leaned forward to my face.

But when he's e few inch away from me, I stood up quickly to dodge from his face, and walked away.

“I'm going to prepare snack.”, I looked back to him and smirked.

-------------

“Aren't you going to go home yet? It's already very late.”, I said with my hands on my waist while looking down at Jonghyun who is comfortably half seating, half lying on my bed with his Ipad.

“A bit more longer. I haven't seen you for a week then you're going to drive me away already.”, he looked up at me and pouted, giving me those puppy eyes.

I sighed and just scratched my head. As usual, I can't do nothing against those puppy eyes on him so might as well just give up and let him sat even for A BIT MORE, though it's the 10th time tonight that he asked for that.

He smiled, knowing my defeat, and he tapped the space beside him. I sighed once more and complied to crawl and sit next to him.

“Smile, babe.”, he leaned closer to me, held his gadget in front of us then snapped a photo.

That was like the 100th photo of us that he took tonight. He would snap photos of him, of me, of us, of the two fox stuffed toy that he gave me and even the chips we ate, then he will post it on his twitter.

“Aren't you tired taking selcas yet?”, I asked as I lean my head on his shoulder, looking on the tweet he is composing.

“No.”

“How about tweeting?”

“No. What's tiring about that?”, he chuckled.

“I'm already sleepy.”, I pouted and placed my chin on his shoulder, looking at his sideview.

“You can sleep now.”, He faced me and kissed my forehead.

I furrowed by brows and sat straight. “But you're still here? How could I sleep?”

“I'll just sleep here too so there would be no problem.”

“Huh, you wish. Finish your tweet series there and I'll walk you out to your car.”

He smiled and pulled my head back to his shoulder again and made it lean there.

“I can go out of here by myself, I can walk to my car by myself and I can definitely go home by myself so just let me stay here for a bit more. If you're sleepy, I told you can sleep but if you really wanted to stay up until I'm here, it's up to you.”

All I did is to look at what he was doing at his ipad while we both stayed silent. The silence is just too peaceful and calming that made my body feel light but my eyelids felt heavy.

Everything got even more peaceful when I feel like being unable to open my eyes back from blinking and completely wandered in dreamland.