15: The Advance Present

My SLY Fox

--Jonghyun’s POV—

While we are all inside the car, on the way to school, I can’t help to smile as I stare dreamily outside the car window.

Though last Saturday is not the date I planned or wanted, it’s still perfect for me, except on the last part where she stepped on my foot. My arms on her, it just feels like…. Ugh, I can’t explain.

“Are you having a smiling battle or staring battle with the car window, hyung? You look like an idiot.”, Minho said while driving.

I just ignored him and didn’t cut out my smile.

“Hey by the way, what did you do to Yerin again last week? You didn’t even show up to us the whole weekend to share what happened.”, Onew hyung  asked from the back seat.

I raised an eyebrow. “Then how did you know? I haven’t even told you yet.”

“Duh?!? It’s all over the campus. You can hear it everywhere. So would you mind explaining what really happened?”, Key said diva-ishly.

“Nothing big. I just asked Yerin for a date with a little help of pressure from the crowd. And she said yes.”

“Of course, she’ll say yes. You pressured her. You really can’t do things right… AISHH.”, Key sighed.

“Now I know why I keep hearing ‘Omo, I envy her’ and ‘Gosh, she’s so lucky’ from the girls.”, Onew said.

“Well, they really should envy her.”, I chuckled.

“I can imagine how noona hates you now for that.”, Taemin rolled his eyes.

I just laughed on their comments and reactions. I’m not affected, as long as I got what I want, I don’t care what they say.

“Then how did the ‘date’ end up?”, Minho asked.

“Uhmm… well… Let’s not talk about it…”, I sighed and looked away.

“I knew it! It’s not a success. Better luck next time.”, Minho laughed hysterically.

“Oh wait hyung! Tomorrow… your birthday!”, Taemin suddenly said.

“Yeah, right. Will there be a party?”, Onew asked.

“Since when did I like parties for my birthday? You know I don’t like that.”, I sighed.

“Then, what’s your plan?”, Key asked.

“Umma and appa won’t be around because they’re busy so I guess, I’ll just spend the whole day with you guys… and someone”, I grinned.

“I can sense a rejected birthday invitation.”, Key chuckled.

“Me too…”, the other boys added in chorus.

-----

I’m walking all around our school building to find Yerin. She’s not in their classroom and she’s not with Yeonmi either. The corridors are kinda crowded and that increased the difficulty of finding her.

At last, I saw a familiar face talking with some students on the corridor. I quickly went to her.

“Hey Miss ‘I’m-so-violent’, we need to talk.”, I said.

I went beside her but she didn’t even look at me. She just continued talking to her companies.

“Hey Yerin. I said we need to talk.”, I gripped her wrist and made her face me.

“What’s your problem?!? Can’t you see I’m talking with them? And we don’t need to talk.”, he shook my hands off her.

“We still have something unfinished the last time we met, remember? So we need to talk.”

“No we don’t need. And I don’t know what you’re talking about ‘something unfinished’. Go away.”, she turned around again but I grabbed her wrist and made her face me again.

“I said go away!”, she yelled trying to remove my hands again but I held her wrist tighter.

“I said we need to talk.”, I said then pulled her away from her companies.

I started dragging her along the corridor, passing through the crowd but I made sure that I’m not pulling her too harsh so she won’t be hurt.

“Jonghyun! What the hell are you doing again?!? Hands off!”, she yelled trying to get her wrist out from her grip and pulling herself away to the opposite direction I’m pulling her.

“I’m just going to tell you something.”, I threw her a quick glance and looked straight again and continued pulling her.

She’s trying to pull herself away so she’s behind me while I’m dragging her and it’s kinda hard to walk because she’s struggling.

“The crazy thing you did last week in front of the crowd, isn’t that enough? Everyone’s looking at us.”,

“It’s your fault. If you’ll just come with me peacefully and I don’t have to drag you, we won’t get too much attention.”, I said not looking back at her.

On our way out of the building, there’s a bunch of students blocking the corridor and it’s hard to pass. I just continued walking, passing through those students and making sure that I’m holding Yerin securely so she can’t get away.

We already passed the through the crowded corridor and almost outside the building.

“I’m just going to say something to you. It’s about tomorrow so we need to talk.”, I said without looking at her, still pulling.

I was waiting for her response but I got none. She just kept quiet. I also noticed that it’s not that hard to walk anymore because she stopped struggling. Maybe she followed my advice so we can’t get too much attention.

When we finally got out, I dragged her somewhere outside the building where there are not much people. I stopped and faced her but my eyes widened on what I saw.

The girl I am holding, it’s not Yerin anymore. The girl is looking at me, dumbfounded.

“Who the hell are you?!? What are you doing here?”, I quickly let go, or threw her hands away as if it’s something dirty.

“Oppa…”, she whispered, still looked freaking amazed.

“I’m asking you who are you and why am I holding you?”, I yelled, bringing her out of her day dreaming in front of me.

“Y-you… you just pulled me. I was standing on the corridor when you passed by. Then someone grabbed me then the next thing I knew, you were dragging me here.”, she explained.

“You’re not supposed to be here? And why would I drag you?!? Go away!”, I turned around.

“Oppa~”, she called.

“I’m not your oppa so stop calling me that!”, I glared at her and went away.

‘Aishh… That sly Yerin. How did she do it? So…. Aishhh!’

I stamped my feet and walked heavily to find the boys.

 

I found them at the school park, resting on the bench under a shady tree.

“I know that face… She didn’t accept it, right?”, Onew said when I sat with them.

I sighed and grabbed an open soda can from Taemin’s hands and drank it.

“I haven’t told her yet.”

“Then why is your face like that? You looked like a depress dinosaur.”, Key chuckled.

“I was about to tell her so I dragged her somewhere for us to talk. But when I faced her again, she’s not the one I’m holding anymore!”, I yelled in frustration.

“Babo. How would that happen?”, Minho rolled his eyes.

“But that’s what really happened!”

“Woah~, Yerin noona is a ninja!”, Taemin clapped his hands.

I just kept quiet, still with a dark face. Fortunately, they kept quiet too.

There’s silence between all of us but later on I heard some y laughs and conversations somewhere. I was about to ignore it but I heard Yerin’s name. I looked at the boys and they’re looking back at me. Seems like they also heard what I heard.

We quietly looked around where those voices are coming and found two girls, behind the tree where we are sitting. We hid ourselves and listened to their conversation.

“Lucky her ! She’s not lucky, I’m sure she’s doing something to Jonghyun oppa that’s why he asked her out.”, one girl said.

“She’s fishing for attention and I’m sure she enjoyed that public thingy that oppa did.”

“She’s not even pretty. That , seducing our oppa.”

“Why Jonghyun oppa would want to date her?!? He’s just playing with her I’m sure.”

I’ve heard enough of those unpleasant words from them, enough for me to lose my temper. My mood isn’t good because of what happened earlier and now, hearing this es talk about Yerin like this, they deserve something from me.

I got out of where we are hiding. The four other boys got out also, guarding me if ever I’ll do something not nice against these girls.

“What did you just say about Yerin?”, I asked in cold but full of anger voice.

The girls, who just noticed that I’m there, flinched on hearing my voice and slowly look at me. They were just standing there, with wide eyes and opened mouth.

“I’m asking you! What did you just say about Yerin?”, I yelled which made them jump on their spot.

“O-oppa… w-we… we’re just…”, one girl said, stuttering and can’t even finish her sentence.

My eyes narrowed out of extreme anger I’m feeling. I can totally picture how I look like right now, with eyes like lasers and ready to melt these girls anytime.

“How dare you talk about Yerin like that? And what did you just call her? A ?”, I walked closer to them.

The Minho and Onew held my arm to stop me but I shook their hand off me and continue to went near to the girls which is visibly shaking right now.

“O-oppa… W-we’re just saying our opinions. W-we think she’s not good enough for you.”, the other girl said.

“Opinions?!? Who gave you the right to give your opinions? And who are you to say that she’s not good enough? You think you’re better than her? You’re nothing but just dirt compared to her.”

“Jonghyun, stop now. We’ll talk to them properly.”, Onew hyung tried to pull me away but I didn’t move.

“O-oppa… “, they called me in a very irritating, begging voice.

I harshly removed the hands that is pulling me away and went nearer to the girls.

“Stop calling me oppa with those irritating voice of yours. Don’t you know how annoying you are?”

I grabbed the arm of one of the girls and squeezed it while I’m looking straightly at her face.

“O-oppa… it hurts…”, the girl, almost crying.

“I just said, STOP CALLING ME OPPA!”, I yelled, louder than earlier.

“JONGHYUN! What’s this?!?”

I heard a familiar voice called me loudly. I slowly looked at the direction where the voice came from and saw Yerin standing there, eyes where sharply looking a me.

 

--Yerin’s POV—

“Yerin, walk faster. I think dropped my book somewhere there, at the school park.”, Yeonmi said while pulling me.

‘Another pulling and dragging experience for me this day.’

Just this morning, when I was talking with my classmates, Jonghyun came, insisting that we should talk and he dragged me along the corridors. And because the corridor is full of students, as expected, we’re the center of attraction once again. All eyes were on us.

But I’m thankful the corridor is crowded because I got a chance to got away from him. When we passed through the very crowded part, his grip was slowly loosening, that’s when I got the chance. I grabbed a hand of some random girl and swiftly placed it in Jonghyun’s grip. And I just watched them as they walk away.

“Are you sure you dropped it here?”, I asked Yeonmi when we got to the park.

“I was here this morning before I lost my book so I’m sure it’s somewhere here.”

We started searching under each bench and trees. Then later on I heard someone yelling, and also some sobs can be heard but it’s not that clear. I walked near the big tree where the noises were coming from.

“O-oppa… it hurts…”

I heard the girl said when I was behind the big tree. I can also see fiveboys and two girls standing on the other side of it so I walked closer and that’s when I saw everything.

“I just said, STOP CALLING ME OPPA!”, Jonghyun yelled.

I saw Jonghyun, squeezing the arms of a poor girl who’s on the verge of crying. Anger crept all over me. He’s now hurting a poor girl just because she called her oppa?

“JONGHYUN! What’s this?!?”, I yelled when I got near.

He slowly turned his head on my direction, looked shocked.

“What the hell are you doing again?”, I yelled once again.

“These girls… do you know—“

“Know what? Get your hands off her. How could you hurt a girl?”, I looked at him in disgust.

He threw another sharp look at the girls then she threw the arm he was holding. The girls quickly ran away from us, crying.

“Look. You don’t know what happened.”, he came close to me.

“I saw it. You’re squeezing her hands. Why? Because she called you oppa?”

“It’s not what really happened. They—“

“Not really happened? Then you’re telling me when I saw you squeezing her arm, it’s not real? Then what? You’re just giving her a massage?!?”, I yelled again.

“That’s not what I mean! And wait. I don’t understand why are you always protecting those girls.”, he yelled too.

“Because you’re rude to them! Because you’re not treating those poor girls right. You’re so selfish!”, I harshly poked on his chest repeatedly.

“You know what? I’ve had enough of this. Call me everything you want, believe what you wanted to believe. I’m so sick of this!”, he pulled his hair in frustration.

“Then go. It’s good you finally got sick of all of these. “

He stared at me for seconds. Those angry eyes were on me but I’m not affected. He’s the one who made a mistake so why would I be affected.

He sighed very deep and rolled his eyes then look straightly to me.

“Fine. I’ll go. Thank you very much for the advance gift.”, he said with a bitter smiled but his eyes were firing.

He turned around and walked away.

The four other boys looked at me. They seemed confused on what to do, talk to me or follow Jonghyun. In the end they just bowed at me for goodbye and run after Jonghyun.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was planning a double update, the next chapter is ready but... aishhhh. -____________-"

THANKS FOR READING.