43: A BISH On Strike

My SLY Fox

 

--Yerin's POV--

“Yerin! Wait!”

I heard someone called me so I walked faster out of the school building. Though it would come out rude, I really can't face and talk to him right now so as much as possible I will just stay away or avoid him.

“Stop!”, Key suddenly popped out in front of me and blocked me.

I guess he ran as fast as he could just to be ahead of me, based on his panting. Since I can't walk away anymore, I just looked down and avoided his eyes.

“Until when are you going to avoid us?”, he asked.

I didn't answer and just faced down.

“So you're really don't have plan to talk to us, even to me? Why don't you just tell the real problem so we could fix it?”, he held his waist while staring at me.

“I'm sorry oppa. It's just hard to explain right now. Please understand me.”, I lowered my face more.

“How will I understand if you're not making it clear?”

“Sorry...”, I said softly.

Few seconds of silence and I heard a harsh sigh from him before he talked again.

“Okay if you don't want to talk about it yet, then fine. But I just want to tell you that Jonghyun has already been discharged from the hospital.”

I looked up at him after hearing that news. I wanted to ask how is he but I refrained mysel from doing so.

“He's out now and for the whole time that he has been there, you didn't even visit him. Tell me, are you really serious on leaving him?”, he asked.

“Tell him to get better soon...”, I said instead of answering his question and looked away.

He sighed once again. “You're really avoiding to answer. Well, just to let you know, we tried our best to hide to him what's really going on and why you are not visiting but we were left with no choice but to just tell him. We said the exact words that you told us before you left, even though we really don't get your point. So now that he's out... don't expect that he will just stay quiet and let you leave like that.”

I was silent and just looked at Key until he went away. I am worried on how Jonghyun reacted. I'm worried that he became mad at me which is the least that I wanted to happen, but what can I expect? Who wouldn't be angry if someone just left like I did?

I walked home, completely bothered about the next things that will happen. I was thinking what will Jonghyun do, what will he tell me and how will I talk to him. I just hope that I will have enough time to think of how will I explain to him everything before he confront me.

The moment I got to our house, I almost stepped back and ran away when I saw a familiar car parked outside and a guy leaning on it, both hands tucked in his pocket and staring at a space. I was thinking that this time will come, that I will have to make things clear to him but I didn't expect it to be this soon. I'm still not ready.

I want to back away but as I am looking at him, seeing him after days being away from him, my body just move by itself and I walked slowly towards him and as I approach him, I got the chance to stare at him. He lost weight and it's so noticeable. Maybe because of being hospitalized. He still have some visible scars and wounds that he got from the accident. What I want to do now is to take him inside the house and just take care of him until he's completely well but I know I can't.

When I am a few steps away from him, he finally noticed me and faced me while looking straight to my eyes. We were just looking at each other for moments until he ran to me and immediately hugged me. He held me really tight in his arms as if he wouldn't want to let go anymore and that's the exact same thing I wanted to do too but I fought the strong urge of hugging him back.

“You know, I have prepared a lot of questions to you and planned to make you explain right away but the moment I saw you again, all I wanted is to embrace you. I missed you so much.”, he whispered.

I felt sorry because I can hear pain on his voice. I gathered my strength to slowly push him away from me.

“You should be resting at home.”, I said, not looking on his eyes.

“Do you think I could rest well if there's something bothering me?”

I sighed and looked away more because he's trying to make eye contact with me but I can't stand to look at him. I can't stand to see his hurting eyes.

He sighed. “I'm out of the hospital now. I've been there for quite long but I have never seen you there.”

“I'm there, when you were sleeping.”

“But not when I woke up. The time when I needed you the most.”

I bowed my head and just kept quiet, feeling guilty on what he said.

“Tell me, who's blaming you?”, he asked suddenly. I think it's the reason that he knows why I left.

“No one.”, I mumbled.

“See? No one thinks about that. No one is blaming you because--”

“I'm blaming myself. I know it's my fault. It's because of me, you were hurt because of me. All this time, you were suffering because of me.”, I blurted to cut him off.

“What?”, his brows furrowed.

“I have never been a good girlfriend. Right from the start I am worried that I might not be able to do well because I don't really know what exactly should I do. I don't even have any idea on how should I please a man, specially my man. You're always the one who does everything and makes me happy...”, I tried my best to finish what I wanted to say as I hold back my tears. But it's so hard to control that some stubborn droplets kept on escaping from my eyes and I have to wipe it right away.

“So it's all about that issue again? Seriously, where are you getting those ideas? How many times shall I tell you not to think of those because none among those are true.”, he held his forehead like he was having a hard time explaining.

“If not, you could have not been hurt, not only physically but mentally, and not only on this recent accident but also since then. Don't you wonder why we always argue? It's because your girlfriend is so freaking hard to deal with.”

“I never thought of that and i will never be thinking of that. Just stop all of this and let's just fix this. Please...”, he trailed off and looked at me with begging eyes, reaching for my hand.

Seeing his begging eyes makes it harder for me and I have to look away just to carry on with what I should do.

“Jonghyun listen...”, I slowly removed his hand holding mine. “You will all realize this in time and having space will be a big help so I'm giving it to you...”

“No. You're not going to give it neither will I accept it. I don't need that damn space you are talking about. Just stay with me.” he begged.

“You deserve someone better... You got to find som--”

“Enough Yerin. No way I'm going to do that.”, he cut me off with a firm statement.

“Go now...”, I looked away and tried to walk away but he held my arm.

“Yerin please, no...”

I composed myself. “Continue your life after all of this happened.”

“I can't! I can't do that anymore.”, he yelled as his grip on my arm tightens.

I tightly closed my eyes to find strength to continue before I completely face him with a serious face.

“How old are you?”, I asked.

“Huh?”, he asked in full confusion.

“How old are you?!”, I repeated the question louder

“T-twenty...”, he answered though he's still confused.

“You lived for less than twenty years of your life without me. It's impossible that you can't get back to that.”

It took time before he could answer and when he did, his voice is starting to break and eyes are being watery.

“But those years were different. I can't. I just really can't.”

“Goodbye, Jonghyun. Go now...”, I turned around and started walking away.

He was silent until I got to the front door then he called me.

“Yerin.”

I didn't looked back but I stopped to listen to whatever he is going to say. I bit my lower lip to hold any sobs form coming out from me.

“Don't expect this to end here. I won't let that happen.”, he said then I heard steps walking away and his car went away.

It took me moments before I could manage to move my body and went inside the house. When I got to my room, that's when I let out all the tears, the sobs and the pain that I've been hiding.

'I finally told him... now it's all over...', I lied on my bed and hid my whole body under the blanket, as if it can protect me from more pain that I'll be experiencing.

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

I went home straightly to my house after I went to Yerin. I was really bothered about what we have talked about and my mind is so occupied that I don't even know how I managed to drove back safely to my house. I stayed on the terrace, staring at the dark, night surroundings. I needed fresh air for me to be able to breathe because loneliness is suffocating me.

I'm in the midst of recalling what just happened when someone went in from the gate. I thought it was unni, since she's staying with me for the mean time so there be someone who could take care of me, but when I looked at who was it, it's Jisoo.

“Hey...”, she smiled and sat with me.

“Why are you here?”

“Visiting you and checking on your condition. Onew oppa said you're already home so I came.”

I looked away and stared at the night sky.

“You remembered to visit me here, unlike...”, I sighed and didn't finish my sentence anymore.

“Why? Is there a problem?”, she asked worriedly.

I looked at her and seeing that she's concerned and worried, I decided to tell her everything.

“She said she's leaving me, just because of that idea that she's not a good girlfriend and she's blaming herself for what happened. Just because of that, which is not even true.”

She raised her eyebrow for some some unknown reason but I just ignored it. She sighed and tapped my shoulder.

“Maybe it's better that way for the both of you. It will give you chance to think, consider and weight things. You never know, you might realize some things...”, she said.

“But what else should I think of. There's nothing more I should realize. All I want is her.”, I pulled my hair.

“Then maybe she have thought of things after your accident and she, herself, realized that she wasn't that good for you. It's just you're being too overwhelmed by your feelings for her and you can't see those things that she lacks.”

I found her advice weird because it was totally different from the advices I am getting from my family and from the boys. Well, all has different opinions.

“We were fine then. I don't need her to be perfect and complete.”

“So what are you going to do now that she already left.”, she asked.

“I'm not going to let her leave. I'll make her stay in any way I should do it.”, I said determinedly.

She sighed and faced me.

“You're really that dedicated to her... but is she worth the effort?”

“What do you mean?”, I asked with furrowed brows.

“I'm not saying that I'm against what you wanted to do and I'm telling something bad about her but it's just that...”, she hung her sentence.

“Just that what?”, I asked her to continue.

“Don't you think the reason that she's blaming herself is too unreasonable? I mean what if she's just using it to cover the truth that she really wanted to break up with you.”

My brows furrowed more, trying to understand what she is saying.

“And why would she want to break up with me? We were fine before the accident.”

She shrugged. “I don't know either. Maybe for some reason... and remember, you weren't fine before the accident. You're argued, or maybe fought, remember? Because of what we saw...”

That brought me into another mind bothering thought. I'm getting what she was trying to say but all of that, it's just not Yerin. Jisoo has a point but Yerin is not a type of girl who would do such things so I tried to drive those thoughts away.

“No, that's impossible. It's not the reason. She won't do that...”