7: NEVER

My SLY Fox

 

--Yerin’s POV—

“Goodbye peaceful weekend.”, I mumbled sadly while we’re preparing to go out.

Yeonmi chuckled. “Heard that~, Yerin, it’s just a day, not the whole weekend.”

“I know but if Jonghyun ruined a day, I’m sure my bad mood will last for the whole weekend.”, I sighed.

“I don’t understand why you hate Jonghyun. He’s actually nice to us.”

“What?!? Nice? Do you even know the meaning of nice?”, I blurted in disbelief.

“Yeah. I think he’s kinda nice to us. He talks to us unlike the other girls that he would just always glare at.”

“It could have been better if he’d just glare at me than continue pestering me.”, I sighed.

We came out of the apartment and locked it. We’ll just walk to the park near the school since it’s just a couple of blocks away. We all decided to meet at that park and go together to wherever they’re planning to take us.

“Don’t you think he likes you? I kinda see it that way.”, she looked at me with a meaningful smile while we’re on our way to the park.

“Oh no please… Never think of that. Don’t you dare tell me that again. It gives me goose bumps.”, I shivered on what he said.

“But what if he likes you?”

“Stop it, okay? You want me to hate you too?”

“Okay, Fine. I’ll stop.”, she giggled and continue to walk.

A few steps later, she turned to me again.

“But seriously, what if—“

“YEONMI!”, I yelled and glared at her.

She giggled then motioned her hands like zipping .

When we arrived at the park, we saw the boys sitting on a bench, waiting patiently.

“Finally, you’re here.”, Key immediately got up from the bench when he saw us.

The other boys also got up and came to us.

“You came~”, Taemin said cutely.

“Of course.”, I smiled at him and patted his head even though his taller than me.

“I thought you wouldn’t come.”, Jonghyun said with a pleased smile.

I turned to him and looked at him the way I always do, blankly.

“Then just imagine I didn’t come. I’m not here so don’t talk to me.”, I said coldly.

“No. I’ll just imagine that you’re nice to me.”, he answered back.

I made a face and turned away from him.

“Okay, enough of that. Let’s go now.”, Minho held my hand and we all walked to their car.

They led us to a parked car and we all got in. Minho on the driver seat, Onew beside him and Key and Taemin on the back sit.

“Seat here on the middle so we could talk.”, Onew told me and Yeonmi.

I was about to seat there but I stopped when I saw Jonghyun sitting there, on the window side.

“I’ll feel dizzy if I sit on the back seat.”, he explained briefly.

I rolled my eyes and let Yeonmi get in first so she will sit beside Jonghyun and I’ll sit beside her.

“I don’t bite.”, Jonghyun said with innocent, child eyes. He peaked over Yeonmi since she’s blocking between us.

“I don’t care… And I bite so stay away.”, I rolled my eyes and looked away.

He just chuckled and sat properly.

“So, where do you want to go?”, Onew looked back to talk to me.

I smiled. “Anywhere, oppa.”

I heard gasps from them. Onew’s eyes widened but there’s a smile slowly forming on his lips.

“WOAH~. You called me oppa.”, his eyes were sparkling.

“I did?”, I asked.

I didn’t really know that I called him oppa. It just slipped from my mouth.

“Yes, just now. So… you’re going to call me oppa now?”, Onew  asked, still looked pleased.

“Uhm.. I guess so. I called you oppa unconsciously so maybe I now feel more comfortable to you.”


“WOAH~”, Onew clapped his hands with a big smile then id his little chicken dance.

“Hey, hey, hey. Wait. How about me? Call me oppa too.”, Jonghyon peaked over Yeonmi again.

I raised an eyebrow at him.
“No. You’ll never hear it from me.”

“The what are you going to call me?”, he asked like a child.

“Of course, your name. Why? Don’t you have one?”, I looked away.

Jonghyun whined on his seat and the others were laughing at him.

“Minho OPPA~, drive well, okay?”, Key said from the back seat, teasing Jonghyun.

“Arasseo, Key OPPA!. Onew OPPA, are you fine there?”, Minho chuckled.

“Very fine Minho OPPA~”, Onew laughed.

Jonghyun groaned and whined louder on his seat. I secretly laughed and thanked the boys for teasing Jonghyun. That’s what I really wanted.

“I understand what you are feeling hyung. Yerin noona can’t call me oppa ‘cause I’m younger.”, Taemin tapped Jonghyun’s shoulders/

Jonghyun just ignored him and looked outside the window.

“I told you, he wanted you to call him oppa.”, Yeonmi whispered to me.

“And I also told you, he’ll never hear it from me.”, I whispered back.

The boys told us that we’re going to watch a movie but we stopped on a restaurant for lunch. Then after that, we headed to the movie theaters.

“Let’s split into groups. One group will go in first so we could get a good seat and the other one will but snacks.”

“I’ll buy food for us Yerin. Just find a seat inside.”, Yeonmi said.

“Okay.” , I agreed.

“I want to go first so I’ll go with Yerin.”, Key said.

Key, Minho and I went in first while Taemin, Yeonmi, Onew and Jonghyun went to buy food.

I’m so happy that Jonghyun stayed away from me even for a while. He seemed to be unaffected that I’m not treating him nicely. He just kept on staying near and bothering me.

We finally found a good seat. Key sat beside Minho, I sat beside Minho then the others will sit on the remaining chairs next to me. Of course, the seat beside me is reserved for YeonMi.

“Oh, good seat.”, Jonghyun came first and went to us.

YeonMi and the others haven’t come back yet but the movie is already starting.

Jonghyun handed Minho and Key’s snacks and drinks then sat beside me.

“Yah! It’s not your seat. It’s Yeonmi’s.”, I tried to push him away.

“There are still seats here. Yeonmi could just sit next to me.”, Jonghyun smiled and made himself comfortable on his seat.

“Move there!”, me voice raised a little.

“SSHHHH.”, the people behind us told me to quiet.

“The movie already starting so let’s keep quiet.”, Jonghyun grinned.

I sighed.
“You won’t really move? Then I’ll do it.”, I was about to stand up but he grabbed my hand.

“If I were you I won’t do that. People behind us are watching.”, he chuckled.

I yanked away his hands then stood up.

“I don’t c---“

“Miss, could you please sit down. We’re watching.”, a man behind us said.

I have no choice but to drop myself back on my seat.

“I told you~. Just sit there and enjoy.”, he looked at me and smiled even more.

“Shut up so I could enjoy.”, I irritably looked away.

Then finally, Yeonmi came with the rest of the boys. She sat beside Jonghyun and handed my popcorn and soda.

“What took you so long? Look, he got your seat.”, I whispered in a way like shouting and give Jonghyun a quick glare.

“Sorry. We waited for Onew oppa. He bought chicken. Just let Jonghyun oppa sit there.”, she said.

I sighed, sit properly and started munching my popcorn while watching.

“You want some?”, Jonghyun offered his potato chips.

“I have mine.”, I answered, not even bothering to look at him.

But popcorn and chips are different so I’m asking you if you want some of mine.”

“You know what? Why don’t you just go out if you wanted to talk and talk.”, I faced him.

“Oh that’s a very good idea. Let’s just go out now so we could talk.”, he grinned.

“I have a better idea. Why don’t you go out now and leave me alone so I could watch peacefully.”

He chuckled. “Let’s just stay here together. I consider that as the best idea.”

“Then also consider shutting you mouth, okay?”, I looked back at the screen again.

He stayed quiet for minutes. I thought it would last long until he started calling me.

“Hey, Yerin.”, he called, whispering.

I ignored him hoping that he would stop but he just continue to call me and started poking my arm.

“What?!?”, I whispered back, irritated.

“Do you know that you’re like a fox.”, he asked.

I remembered that Yeonmi also told me that I’m like a fox.

“Someone told me that.”, I answered briefly.

“Really? Who?”

I sighed. Maybe if I answered him properly, he’ll stop talking and let me be in peace.

“Yeonmi told me.”

“It’s because you’re really like one.”, he chuckled.

“How dare you two compare me to an animal?”

“It’s not just an animal. When Kim Jonghyun compared you to a fox, you should be proud of it.”, he explained.

Then a though came to me, that he’s dream girl is a fox-like girl.

“J-just shut up.”

‘we’re talking about attitude, at least he’s not telling me that I look like a fox. It’d be scary.’

“Yerin… Do you know… you actually look like a fox.”, he suddenly said that made me shiver.

‘okay… that’s scary. He’s telling me I look like a fox and a girl who look like a fox is actually he’s dream girl.’

“C-could you keep quiet? I didn’t came here to talk to you, I’m watching.”. I glared at him.

“Fine~”, he chuckled.

---

The movie ended but I didn’t understand the story and it’s Jonghyun’s fault.

When we went out of the theater, the boys left to go to the comfort room, also Yeonmi. I just decided to wait for them since I don’t want to go to the comfort room and I wanted to look around.

I am sitting on a bench when Jonghyun came. He sat beside me.

‘Why is he always the one who comes back first?’, I though and moved a bit away from him.

Silence occurred for a while until he broke it.

“Why won’t you talk to me nicely?”, he asked.

“Because you’re not nice.”, I said coldly.

“Don’t you know that I’m being nice to you?”

“Oh really? It doesn’t show.”, I stood up and walked away from him.

But I just took a few steps when I felt him grabbed my hand and pulled me back to face him.

“Why won’t you talk to me properly? You always walk away.”, he said seriously.

I felt irritated. So now, he’s the one being mad. I should be the one feeling that because he keeps on bothering me.

“It’s because I don’t like you!”, I yelled.

“But I like you!”, he yelled too.

I got shocked on what I heard. My mind can’t process well.

“Y-you… you what?”, I asked confusedly.

“I like you. That’s why I always come near and always talk to you even if you don’t want to.”, he explained half mad, half softened.   (A/N: How the hell could you to that?!?! ㅋㅋㅋ)

I remained silent, waiting for his words to completely sink in my mind. But instead of being touched that he had confessed to me, the hate I am feeling just rose. I really can’t accept a rude guy’s confession and he even did that after lots of bugging and pestering.

“I DON’T LIKE YOU. I already told you, I hate rude, conceited guys. After you have shown me your attitude, I don’t think something will change on the fact that I hate you, even if you confessed.”

He chuckled. “I don’t care. I like you. I know you WILL like me too. SOON. And I’ll make sure of that.”

My jaws dropped in disbelief. He’s still too confident after being rejected. And he’s telling me that ‘I am going to like him soon’?

I chuckled bitterly.

“See how conceited you are? I’m telling you, what you are saying, it will NEVER EVER happen.”

“Let’s just see…”, he shrugged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

ANNYEONG :)

How is it going? I need your opinion, Is the phasing of the story kinda boring, or taking too long, or too fast? Full of insecurities and worries. I'm not getting feedbacks :(

THANKS FOR READING :)