30: Because Being Jealous is too Mainstream

My SLY Fox

 

--Yerin's POV--

“Yeonmi?”, I called as soon as I went in the house.

She called me earlier and she said she needs someone to talk to. I think there's a problem so I immediately got home to accompany her.

I looked around the house and started searching for her. Then I found her in her room, knees curled up as she sits on her bed.

“Yeonmi?”, I called softly as I approach her.

She just looked at me with sad eyes and that's when I had confirmed that she really has a problem. I sat beside her and took her hand.

“What's the problem?”, I asked worriedly. 

She sniffed and sobbed first before answering. 

“Jinyoung and I fought...”, she trailed off.

I couldn't react right away. I almost did a face palm but stopped myself because she might got offended. I thought it was something more serious than this. But since I can see that she's really affected and sad, I just decided to take her problem as 'something serious'.

“Okay... Why did you fought?”, I asked. 

“I... I confronted him after seeing him hanging out with a girl. Then he got mad.”, her brows furrowed and she pouted.

“Wait... So you accused him of cheating or something like that?”

“Sort of... But he got mad instead of apologizing to me that's why we fought.”

I paused and tried to analyze their situation and started to find the right words to tell Yeonmi.

“Uhm... Have you seen enough to accuse him of cheating already? What exactly did you see?”, I asked. 

She pouted. “I saw him walked out of a cafe with a girl. He said it's just his classmate but why do they need to be in a cafe together?” 

“He said it's his classmate then why didn't you believe it? Not just because they are together, it already means they're doing something wrong. I'm sure they're there for a reason and I'm sure too that you didn't listen to that reason when you fought.”

“But he became mad! How would I listen to his explanation.”

I smiled and shook my head.

“Though I'm not that experienced to these kinds of things, I can say that this is all just a little misunderstanding. Of course he'll get mad because he got accused. No one wants to be accused of something they didn't really do. You could have asked for his explanation first. Knowing Jinyoung, he can't do those kinds of things to you.” 

She just remained quiet, thinking over the things I have said. 

“I just can't help being jealous...”, she sniffed and faced down.

I just sighed and chuckled. Jealousy is really something that makes a simple misunderstanding worse. 

“Well, I guess I have to cool things first before we talked to each other... How about you?”, she turned to me.

“What about me?”, I asked.

“Aren't you having problems with girls around Jonghyun oppa? The fangirls or other girls, you know... aren't you jealous of them?”

“No. Why would I be jealous to them? Aside from Jonghyun isn't that close with girls, there's really nothing to be jealous at.”, I shrugged.

 She sighed. “What would I expect? You're not the clingy and possessive type of girl. I can't imagine the cold Jin Yerin to be jealous.” 

“I'm not cold. Well, at least not anymore... Aisshhh. Why did I suddenly became the topic? Just fix your problem with your boyfriend.”, I frowned.

“Arasseo.”, She sighed.

I rolled my eyes as I watch her walk away. Seriously, this kind of fights are so common and it brings so much stress. I swear, I won't really get jealous over such things...

------

I just scratched my head when I looked at the depressed face of Yeonmi as we walk through the corridor on our way to our classroom. She and Jinyoung still haven't talked since yesterday and now, Yeonmi is really feeling down.

“Yeonmi, talk to him later and settle things.”, I tapped her shoulder but I didn't receive any response but a deep sigh.

When we reached our classroom, Jonghyun is there, probably waiting for us to come.

“Hey good morning.”, he greeted and was about to hug me but he noticed something.

“Wait, it's unusual to see Yeonmi frowning and silent in the morning.”, he said looking at Yeonmi. 

Yeonmi just sighed instead of answering. She flashed a weak smile then bowed before entering the room, leaving the two of us. 

“What happened to her?”, Jonghyun asked.

“She fought with his boyfriend.”, I briefly explained. 

He nodded his head then suddenly grinned.

“You're lucky you have a very nice boyfriend. You won't be experiencing something like that.” 

“Why do I have a very conceited boyfriend?”, I made a face. “By the way, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in your classroom?”

“Oh about that. I wanted to ask if you have something to do this afternoon, after your classes.”, he said.

“Why?”

“I need to study hard for the final exams. Could you stay with me?”, his begging eyes has suddenly been activated. 

“Uhm actually I have someth--”

“No. You're not allowed to say no. So you don't have a choice but to come with me.”, he crossed his arms over his chest. 

“Then why ask me if you won't even accept my answer. Aside from the fact that I have to study too, even if I stay with you, I can't help you to study. What do I know about your lessons?”, I placed my hand on my waist.

“I need motivation and inspiration to study... so please~....”, he took my hand and squeezed it while begging cutely.

I can't do anything but to sigh. He's too cute to resist and besides, I wanted to stay with him for him to feel my support. 

“Fine. I'll come. But for now, go to your classroom because classes will almost start.”, I shooed him away.

“I knew you can't resist me. I'll see you later after class~”, he stepped backwards, with a wide smile, but he's not letting go of my hand until I need to bend forward because he was like pulling me. 

“JJONG!”, I growled to scold him.

He chuckled and finally let go. He smirked then sent a flying kiss with a wink before he turned around and walk away.

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

I was leaning on my car as I wait for Yerin to come. When I looked at a direction, I smiled when I finally saw her approaching.

 “Did you wait long?”, she asked when she got near.

 “Not that long. Let's go now so we could finish early.”, I smiled and lead her to the passenger side.

 When I was about to close her door, someone called me.

 “Hey Jonghyun!”, I saw my girl classmate waving at me, telling me to come near so I excused myself to Yerin for a while to talk to my classmate. After a few minutes of talking about our project, I went back and get in the car. 

I was expecting a question from her so I haven't start the car engine yet but few seconds have past, I hear nothing from her. She was just calmly sitting then he turned to me.

“Aren't you going to start the car yet? I thought you wanted to finish early.”, she said.

I slightly furrowed my brows. “Aren't you doing to ask me something? I just talked to a girl, if you didn't noticed.”

She raised her eyebrow as she looked at me but I just stared back at her, waiting for her to realize what I am talking about.

I think she got it when she sighed and rolled her eyes. “Okay. Who's that girl?”

I smiled when I finally heard what I want. “She's my classmate.”

“Okay.”, she answered briefly and nodded.

I looked at her in disbelief.

“That's it? That's all you're going to ask?”

“What else?”, she asked but not totally clueless.

“You're just going to ask who was it? Aren't you going to ask what did we talked about, or why am I talking to her?!”, I asked in frustration so my voice raised a bit. 

I was actually expecting her to shower me with questions after I talked to a girl. It's normal for her to do that right?. Normally, a guy would not like it if they're going to be asked after talking to a girl, but not for me. If Yerin will ask me questions about other girls, I will definitely like it, because it means she feels a bit jealous and possessive. But it seems like she doesn't even care so I felt dismay.

“Why would I ask about that? She's your classmate so why would I interfere on whatever you talked about. And why are you suddenly raising your voice on me?”, she talked back, irritation is visible.

“So you don't really care? You don't care whom I am talking to?”

“Don't care? Are you asking me to be jealous or something like that? Well, I'm not and I have nothing to be jealous at so we just better go on wherever we are going. We're arguing over an unreasonable thing.” 

I twisted on my seat to fully face her.
“Unreasonable? This is unreasonable for you? All I want is for you to care, even a bit.” 

Her face suddenly became serious. “So you mean I don't care for you? If that's what you think, then fine.” 

She sighed and continued talking. “You know what? This argument is so nonsense. Talk to me when those foolish ideas in your mind is gone.”

She glared away, opened the car door and stepped off the car.

“Yerin!”, I called her but she just went away.

I sighed and pulled my hair. It looks like she's seriously leaving so I decided to follow her. 

“Yerin, comeback!”, I ran after her. 

Luckily she stopped and turned to me. I felt relief that she listened to me so I ran near her.

“Yeri--”

“Stop following me. I'm serious. Don't talk to me, don't call me and don't follow me. If you did, you won't be able to talk to me anymore. Just talk to me if you finally comeback to your senses and you're reasonable already.”, she said coldly then walked away.

I wanted to follow her but I got scared on her threat so I have no choice but to watch her leave. 

I didn't though that just because I was wanting more of her attention and care, it would be leading to another argument and eventually, ended up to a fight.

 I sighed, wanting to slap myself, then went back to my car with heavy steps. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNYEONG DEAR READERS (^-^)\/

Another chapter, I'm taking forever to update sorry for that.

I hope you guys were not quiet and that I can get feedbacks from you through comments so I would know if my story is kinda being boring or maybe I need to change something. 

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH <3 *pyooongg~*