40: My Fault, AGAIN

My SLY Fox

 

--Jisoo's POV--

I finally got home after Jonghyun just left me. He left me because of Yerin, as usual. I'm kinda pissed but I'm a bit excited. Yerin lied to Jonghyun and she has been caught by him, and based on the expression I saw, I think things won't go well between them after this day ends.

I don't believe that Yerin will do something that will mess up their relationship and probably there's a reason why she lied but I don't care. I don't have plans on telling that to Jonghyun if ever he's come to me and we'll talk about their fight. I would actually say more things to make him more angry.

It's been quite long since I first saw Jonghyun, during the time when I was fixing my admission on college. He caught my attention right away so I went to ask for directions though I really know where I should go but he just ignored me. I thought I already lost a chance but when I saw him during the first day, and we got introduced to each other by Onew, my hopes have been built. Then I discovered that he has a girlfriend. I don't understand why she likes Yerin so much, there's nothing special on her and I don't like her. I believe I'm better that's why I'm trying my best to get Jonghyun's attention.

I went to the living room and sat to the couch.

'If only I could think of more ways to make them break up...'

I started thinking and devising some plans but I don't think none of those will work. Until I remembered something that Jonghyun has told me just earlier...

'Specially that she sometimes feels something like a weird insecurity...', I recalled.

Yerin has an insecurity that maybe she's not being a good girlfriend. I can feel that it's something that I can use so I think more and ended up smirking.

'I wonder what would happen if her security grew bigger... And I'll help her with that.'

“Soon, Jonghyun, very soon...”

I smiled and went to my room. My excitement grew thinking when should I start and carry on with my great plan.

 

--Yerin's POV--

“Hey Yerin, don't worry. I'm sure you can fix this. Just let him cool down a bit.”, Yeonmi calmed me.

I keep calling me but he's out of reach. I think he turned off his phone.

“He left really angry, Yeonmi. How can I not worry? He might be very mad at me right now.”, I said, giving up on dialing his number.

“That's why I'm telling you to let him cool down first. Even if you talk now, if he's still angry, you won't still be able to settle things.”

I sighed and buried my face in my palm. “If only I didn't let myself became very jealous to Jisoo, we could have talked nicer and we could have not ended up like this. And if only I didn't lie...”

“It already happened so all you can do now is wait and prepare for talking to him. Maybe tomorrow, you can already settle this.”, she rubbed my back to calm me.

“C'mmom, it's already very late. Let's sleep now.”, she said and pulled me up to stand.

“I don't think I can slee—”

I was interrupted on what am going to say when my phone suddenly rang. I hurriedly picked it up from the couch. I looked at the caller ID hoping that it's Jonghyun but I got disappointed that it's just SoDam unni.

“Ne unni? It's already late.”, I answered.

“Yerin...”, she called me weakly.

I can sense panic on her broke voice and it seems like she's crying so worry crept all over me.

“Unni are you crying? Why?”, I asked worriedly.

It was a bit noisy from her background so though I don't have a clue on what's happening, I'm feeling scared. I heard breathed deeply before talking.

“Yerin, you have to come here. Jonghyun....”, her voice broke.

“Where's Jonghyun? What happened?”, I asked worriedly. This doesn't sound good.

“Jonghyun got in a car accident. He's now at the emergency room.”, she finally managed to tell me.

“What?!?”, I felt my heart sank and dropped.

“Where are you right now, unni?”, I asked in panic.

“The boys will be coming to pick you up there. They know where, just wait for them.”

I haven't think of saying goodbye to her anymore and just hung up. I immediately fell down on the couch and started crying.

“Yerin, what happened?”, Yeonmi sat with me and asked worriedly.

“Jonghyun is in the hospital. Car accident.”, I said in between sobs.

“What?!”, Yeonmi exclaimed.

I didn't answer and just cried on her shoulder then suddenly, the doorbell rang continuously. Yeonmi got up and left me for a while to open the door. I ran after her and it's the boys who were on the door.

“Oppa, let's go. We have to hurry.”, I hopelessly grabbed onto Onew's jacket as he led me to the car.

We all got in to the car, including Yeonmi and Minho started driving as fast as he can but still it feels like it was a slow as turtle.

“Please drive faster. We have to be there now.”, I begged Minho.

He just looked at me then concentrated on driving. I know he's in panic too but he tries to be as calm as possible.

“Yerin, calm down. We'll get there soon. Jonghyun will be alright.”, Key rubbed my back as he tries to calm me.

I just cried more as I wait for us to get to the hospital, which seems to be taking too long and I can't calm myself until I haven't seen Jonghyun.

------------

“Unni!”, I called SoDam unni, who is sitting on the benched outside the emergency room, as soon as we got there.

“Finally, you're here.”, she stood up and hugged me.

“How is he unni?”, I asked, still in tears.

“He's still inside.”

It's just a brief answer but it tore my heart and brought me more in tears. I quickly rushed to the ER windows hoping that I could see Jonghyun through there but it's covered by curtains. I fell on my knees as I felt my whole body become weak because of too much emotions and pain.

Unni made me stand and lead me to the bench to sit.

“Let's wait for the results here, okay? Everything will be fine, so please, calm down.”, Unni let me lean on her shoulder.

“The doctors will take good care of him so let's not worry.”, Onew said, leaning down in front of me.

“I'll get coffee for us.”, Minho said and went away with Key and Taemin, while Yeonmi sat beside me.

No matter how many times they told me to calm down or no matter how much I wanted to, I can't. How can I calm down if know Jonghyun is in there, and I'm in the brink of losing him.

-----------------------

I sat beside the hospital bed where the unconscious Jonghyun is lying. I'm tightly holding his hand and staring at him.

It's been almost half an hour since the doctor came out of the emergency room and announced that Jonghyun is now stable and can already be transfered to a private room.

I'm not crying anymore, I can't. My tears already dried up from hours of crying. All I wanted to do now is hold him and stare at him. I thought I would lose him so I got really scared and I don't know what to do. Seeing him in this state, unconscious, with lots of bruise and bandages, I wanted to cry again but there's no more that would come out.

The door of the room suddenly opened and unni came in followed by the boys and Yeonmi

“Yerin...”, unni called me softly as she sits beside me.

“I already called umma and appa. They can't come tonight because they're not in Seoul right now but they'll be here tomorrow.”, she said while my hair.

I just nodded at her and went back to looking at Jonghyun.

“Uhm SoDam noona. We'll go first now, but we promise to be here tomorrow.”, Onew said.

“It's okay. You should all go home now and rest. Thank you for being here.”

“Yerin, we'll be taking Yeonmi with us. Do you want to go home too?”, Key asked me.

I strongly nodded. “No. I'll just stay here. You can go home and rest Yeonmi.”

Seeing that I have no plans on leaving, Unni just nodded to the boys, telling them to go and just let me stay there.

When all of them are already gone, silence occurred until unni talked.

“He's fine now so you don't have to worry anymore. All we have to wait is for him to wake up.”

I looked at her, without letting go of Jonghyun's hand, and a tear escaped from me.

“Sorry unni. It's all my fault. I'm really sorry.”

“Why? What did really happened?”, she asked.

I bowed my head and faced her.

“It's all my fault. We fought and I made him so angry before he left. I shouldn't have let him leave on that state. I'm really sorry unni.”, I bowed my head repeatedly to apologize.

Unni stopped me, lift my chin and made me face her.

“It's not your fault, okay? Don't blame yourself. It's an accident and no one wanted this to happen.”, she said.

“But this shouldn't have happened, if only--”

“Shhhh.”, she cut me off. “It's an accident so don't blame yourself.”

I nodded but the tears that I thought already dried up all went back. Tears started to stream down my face. Unni hugged me again.

“Don't cry. He's fine now. We need to be strong for him so when he wake up he'll see us in a good condition and that will make him feel better.”, she calmed me by gently tapping my back.

I didn't stop crying but I nodded and forced to smile a bit. Unni also smile and stood up.

“I'll just go out for a bit and buy food for us.”

I nodded again and when she already came out, I faced Jonghyun again and held his hand tight. I caressed his forehead up to his hair as I stare at him.

“Jonghyun, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have lied to you, I shouldn't have made you angry, and I shouldn't have said things that offended you....I'll never leave you. If you woke up, I'll just be here, I promise...”