17: Another Flower Boy

My SLY Fox

--Yerin’s POV—

“I wish I could sleep more… We went home late last night then we have to attend school so early.”, Yeonmi said, resting her head on my shoulder while we’re walking.

I just chuckled softly and patted his head. I’m quietly sleepy too because of last night but I have no choice. I have to go to school.

“Oh? Looks like there’s no one waiting for you outside our classroom this morning.”, Yeonmi said when we already reached our classroom.

I looked around to find Jonghyun but he’s really not around. I somehow felt relief because I don’t have much energy to handle him this early.

We went in and found Key and Minho already on their seats.

“Good morning. You look tired and sleepy today.”, Key said.

“Uhmm… yeah. I didn’t get enough sleep.”, I answered tiredly.

“Where’s Jonghyun oppa? It’s so unusual that he’s not here this morning.”, Yeonmi asked.

“He’s rushing his homework. He forgot to do it last night because of the celebration.”, Minho answered sleepily then buried his face on the desk to sleep.

 I looked around the classroom because I feel something is different. I inspected carefully and noticed an extra desk added on our column.

“Why is there an extra desk here?”, I asked.

“I heard that there’ll be a new student here in our section. Maybe it his or her desk.”, Key explained.

“Woah~ A new students. I wonder if it’s a boy or a girl.”, Yeonmi giggled.

We’re in the middle of that conversation when someone came in. A guy came in our classroom and started looking around.

“I guess that’s the new student.”, Key whispered.

I looked at him. He seems nice and he’s still acts a bit shy.

“Kyaa! He’s so handsome~”, Yeonmi squealed but in a whispering way.

I agree to her. This guy is good looking. His style and aura were like Key and the four others. That’s the exact look the girls in this school are looking for. I’m sure he’ll get a lot of fangirls too in no time.

“Uhm excuse me? Are you looking for your seat? I think this extra desk here is yours.”, I told him and pointed at the desk placed in front of mine.

He looked at me and smiled.

“Kamsahamnida.”, he bowed politely and put his bag on the desk.

“Annyeong! We’re your classmates~”, Yeonmi said cheerfully.

He stood straight in front of us and bowed.
“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Oh Sehun, new student here. Nice to meet you all.”, he greeted.

“Annyeong. I’m Jin Yerin. Nice to meet you too.”, I bowed to him too.

The others introduced themselves to him as well and by that, we started having conversation. Based on how he talks to us, he seems nice. He’s polite and very friendly. I won’t mind considering him as a friend right away.

 

--Jonghyun’s POV--

“Where have you been? We’re starving here, waiting for you.”, Onew said when Key and Minho arrived.

“Sorry, we just checked on something.”, Minho said.

“Let’s go and have lunch already.”, I said and stood up from the bench but Key made me sit again.

“Wait hyung. I have something to tell you.”, he said and sat beside me.

“Can’t we talk about it over lunch? I’m starving.”

“We have a new classmate.”, he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. “That’s all what you’re going to say? You’re holding us from eating lunch just to say that?”

“And HE is so good looking. I think he’s quite popular now to girls here in our school even for just a day.”, he continued to explain.

“And why are you telling me that? Don’t tell me you like him?”, I looked at him weirdly, with confusion.

“Babo. I want to tell you that he and Yerin are now friends…”

I raised an eyebrow on what he said. Now I got what he is trying to say.

“I’m sure Yerin doesn’t care if he’s handsome or popular. It doesn’t really matter to her.”, I shrugged.

“BUT, he’s nice… REALLY NICE.”, Minho added.

“So if he’s popular and nice? As if they’re going to be close right away. They just met today.”

“Uhmm… Actually they’re having lunch right now…”, Key grinned.

I immediately rose from my seat. “Where are they?”

-----

We went to the cafeteria and as soon as we got in, I quickly scanned the whole place to look for Yerin. I saw her with Yeonmi and a guy then we went to them.

“Hey.”, I called and sat beside her.

She looked at me and rolled his eyes. My eyes went to the guy they are with. He was just looking at me then he looked at Yerin, maybe asking who I am.

“Oh right… They are Key and Minho’s friends. This is Onew, Taemin and Jonghyun.”, she introduced us to him.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Oh Sehun, they’re new classmate.”, he said and bowed his head slightly.

The others greeted him back but I just stared blankly to him. He smiled at me and looked away.

“Uhmm Yerin, I’ll go first. Seems like you have to talk with your friends.”, Sehun said.

“Yes we have to talk. Thanks for understanding.”, I said sarcastically to drive him away but I received a glare from Yerin.

“No, you don’t have to go Sehun. It’s okay.”, she said.

“I’m fine. I already finished eating. I’ll just tour myself around.”, he bowed and walked away.

I smiled victoriously when he’s already gone but Yerin turned to me with a glare.

“Can’t you really be nice? Why did you drive him away?”.

“I didn’t drive him away. He’s the one who said he’ll go first, I just approved.”, I smiled innocently at her.

She sighed and continued eating.

“Did you got very closed to your new classmate that you already have lunch with him?”, I pouted.

She didn’t look at me and ignored me so Yeonmi explained.

“He’s not that familiar to our school and has no friends aside from us so we invited him for lunch.”,

I nodded and turned to Yerin when I remembered something.

“Hey Yerin… Thanks for your gift last night.”, I giggled softly.

She didn’t answer. I just watched her as she eats cutely, trying to avoid my eyes.

“I so appreciated it that I want another one…”, I grinned.

Finally she stopped eating and looked at me. She widened his eyes to scare me but I just chuckled and wiped the side of her lips with some sauce left from her food. I frowned and jerked my hand away.

“Hyung, you didn’t even shared us the cake that Yerin noona gave and you’re still asking another one?”, Taemin pouted.

“I’m not talking about that. She actually gave me another gift last night.”, I explain with wide smile.

I jumped on my seat when I felt her pinched my waist. I looked at her and her eyes were mentally telling me to stop talking.

“Really? What gift? You seemed happy about it.”, Onew hyung asked.

I grinned. “She gave me—“

I was cut off when she immediately covered my mouth then she pinched me again that made me flinched.

“Shut up.”, she whispered to me.

“Hey what’s that gift?”, Minho asked again.

“Nothing big Minho oppa…”, she answered before I could.

“Why hide it from us? What really is it?”, Key asked too.

I opened my mouth to talk but she glared at me again so I just ended up grinning.

“It’s a very special gift that I couldn’t tell you so don’t ask anymore.”, I said.

I turned to Yerin and whispered. “Why not tell them?”

“Are you crazy? Why would you tell them?”, she whispered back.

“Because it a nice thing to share…”, I grinned still whispering.

“Shut up and forget about that.”

“I want another one.”

“I said shut up and don’t bring that topic again.”, she looked away.

“Hey why are you whispering to each other?”, Key raised an eyebrow.

“Nothing oppa. Let’s g Yeonmi.”, she said then stood up carrying her tray.

“Where are you going?” , I asked.

“Away from you.”, she answered coldly then started walking away.

“If you don’t stay here, I might tell them—“

“Try. Just try to say something. You’re going to wish you didn’t celebrated your birthday.”, she threatened me and went away with Yeonmi.

“Hey that gift sounds something big? What is it?”, Minho asked.

“Didn’t you hear her? It’s nothing big so don’t ask anymore.”

He mimicked me and pouted.

“Hey Jonghyun. That Sehun is really a flower boy.”, Onew hyung said.

“Nice and friendly.”, Taemin added.

“I don’t care if he’s good looking, nice or something else. No one will beat Jonghyun.”, I said proudly.

“Pff… Let’s just order lunch before we all drown on this guys confidence.”, Key rolled his eyes and stood up.

 

--Yerin’s POV—

“Hey Yerin. C’mmon, tell us what’s really that gift you gave to Jonghyun.”, Key whined while we’re walking out of the classroom.

“Oppa, you don’t have to know it.”, I said.

He, Minho and Yeonmi are bugging me since we get back to our classroom after lunch about this ‘gift issue’. It’s all Jonghyun’s faut again. If only he didn’t open that topic again, they wouldn’t ask.

“C’mmon. You’re just going to tell us. Curiosity is killing us.”, Minho also whined.

“Yeah Yerin. Tell me, I’m your bestfriend. Please”, Yeonmi begged.

“Please guys. Let it be a secret. You won’t get anything if you discovered what is it so… don’t ask anymore.”, I sighed.

“Jonghyun won’t also tell us—oh speaking…”, Key pointed at the entrance of the building where there’s Jonghyun with Onew and Taemin, waiting.

“Finally you’re here. Let’s go I’ll drive you home.”, Jonghyun said when we got near.

“Who told you to wait here? And who also told you that you can drive us home?”, I raised an eyebrow at him.

“C’mmon. I already drove you home last night so why can’t I now?”, his shoulders dropped and he pouted.

“Once is enough so don’t bother again.”

He was about to answer back but was cut off when a group of young girls, I think freshmen, stopped in front of us.

“Jonghyun oppa, annyeong. Go home safe.”, they smiled and bowed at him.

His face went dark and he frowned. I know what he’s going to do next so I hit his back. He looked at me, confused and I just raised an eyebrow at him. At the end he side and gave a force smile to the girls, causing them to squeal as they walk away.

“After what happened, you still want me to be nice to them?”, he frowned.

“Those girls were other girls so no reason to hate them.”

“What if they’re also saying something against you?”

“Then hate them if we already heard them say something bad.”, I turned around to walk away but someone called me.

When I looked back, I saw Sehun running towards us. I waited for him to came and stopped in front of us.

“Why Sehun?”, I asked.

“Are you going home now?”, he asked.

But before I could answer, Jonghyun came between us, blocking in front of me.

“She’s going home now. With us.”,he told Sehun, still blocking.

I tried to push him away but he grabbed my hand and held it behind him, preventing me on coming out of his back.

“What are you doing? I’m talking to Sehun.”, I growled at him but he remained in front of me, as if he was hiding me from Sehun.

“Uhmm… Sehun, yes I’m going home now. Why?”, I asked him peeking over Jonghyun’s shoulder.

I tried to step sideward so I could face Sehun but Jonghyun will just step sideward too and hid me on his back.

“In what street do you leave? Maybe we have same direction going home.”, Sehun answered, also trying to peek over Jonghyun so he could see me.

“Could you please move away? We’re talking.”, I told Jonghyun but he didn’t look back at me.

“Her house is so far from here. I mean VERY VERY VERY FAR, so it’s impossible that you have the same direction.”, Jonghyun talked to Sehun again.

“But—“

“And we’re going to bring her home. So you don’t have to bother knowing where she leaves.”, he said.

Sehun just stood there, trying to peek and see me but Jonghyun is still blocking and hiding me.

Sehun sighed. “Ok, Yerin. I’ll go now see you tomorrow.”

Finally, I managed to pop out my head beside Jonghyun’s shoulder.
“Ok. Go home safe. Let’s just talk tomorrow.”

He smiled and bowed but before he could walk away, a group of girls went in front of him.

“Sehun oppa. Take care and be safe on going home. Annyeong.”, they said, in a fangirling manner.

Sehun smiled shyly and bowed to them before going away.

When he’s finally away, Jonghyun finally let go of my hand and faced me.

“Saw that? That’s the nice way on treating girls.”,I told him.

“It’s just now but later on he’ll get annoyed to them also.”, I rolled his eyes.

“I doubt that… he’s not as rude as you. And why do you blocked us when we’re talking.”, I frowned.

He just shrugged. “Let’s go now. We’ll take you home.”

“Take you home your face. Me and Yeonmi will go home alone.”, I turned and grabbed Yeonmi’s hand and pulled her away.

“Hey! C’mmon Yerin. I’ll take you home.”, I heard him yelled but we just continued walking away.

“Looks like Jonghyun oppa is jealous~”, Yeonmi giggled.

“Pff… jealous on what? And he doesn’t have the right to be jealous.”, I rolled my eyes.

“Hayyyy.. I so envy you… why does flower boys likes you?”, she sighed.

“Stop now, okay? You’re being as annoying as Jonghyun.”, I scowled at her and looked away.

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I used SEHUN's name ;) I'm not a pure blooded EXOtic but I love them :))

THANKS FOR READING :))