18: Back to Zero

My SLY Fox

--Jonghyun’s POV—

I took  my phone from my pocket and dialed Yerin’s number. It took long before she finally answered.

“What?!”, she answered.

“I’ve been calling you since earlier, why aren’t you answering? Where are you now?”, I half yelled on the phone.

“Hiding from you.”, she answered in a cold tone.

“What?!? Could you just tell me where are you?”

“You don’t have to know.”

“But I—“

I was cut off on what I am going to say when I heard beep sound from my phone. She already hung up. I stamped my feet frustratedly and sat heavily on the bench together with the rest of the boys.

“Aren’t we going to go home yet.”, Taemin sighed and rested his chin on his hand.

“Where the hell is Yerin right now?!? Haven’t you really seen her?”, I asked them.

“She might be with Yeonmi.”, Key answered.

“No she’s not. I saw Yeonmi earlier with some guy and told me that she’s not going home with Yerin.”

“Maybe she already went home.”, Minho said.

“We’ve been here before  her classes end. If she already went home, we could have seen her pass here.”, I sighed and stamped my feet again.

“And you’re acting like these because you don’t know where Yerin is? What are you worrying about?”, Onew hyung gave me a weird look.

I just rolled my eyes and sighed as a response.

“I’m sure he’s worrying that Yerin might be with Sehun right now…”, Key rolled his eyes.

“And so what? What’s the big deal if she’s with Sehun.”, Minho raised an eyebrow.

I stood up and face him. “Can’t you see?! They’ve been close these past days. Even though she just knew him for a week.”

“Oooh…. I see. Jonghyun hyung is jealous.”, Minho chuckled and wriggled his brows.

“I’m not…. I just…”, I sighed, lost for words.

“Yes you are. You’re worrying that Yerin might end up liking Sehun because he’s nice, exact opposite opposite of you.”, Key said.

“Well, well, well… Why is the Confident Jonghyun full of insecurities now?”, Onew hyung chuckled.

“I’m not insecure… I’ll go find Yerin, wait for me here.”, I turned around and headed to the school building to search.

I tried to call Yerin again, but she just kept on declining my calls. She’s not even answering my messages. I almost wanted to throw my phone away out of frustration.

 Just the thought the she might be with Sehun right now makes me so frustrated. For just a week, they’ve been friends and close to each other. I don’t like to accept it, but there’s really a possibility that she might…

‘NO! Don’t think of that… I won’t let that happen.’

I started to walk as I enter the building and search in every classroom.

 

--Yerin’s POV—

*Unni~ Pick up the phone~ Unni~*

I looked at the screen of my phone and saw Jonghyun’s name AGAIN, as the caller. Without doubt, I pressed the decline button.

After that, messages kept on coming and it’s all from Jonghyun. I deleted all of them without even reading it. I’m sure it’s just another message from him asking where I am.

I don’t know why but these days, he had become so clingy. He always wanted to be near and whenever I’d be away, he’s going to flood me with his questions and it’s seriously annoying. Maybe it’s because on what happened on his birthday. He thought that we’re already totally fine with each other, which is not.

*Unni~ Pic—

I immediately declined the call and put it in my pocket.

“Why aren’t you answering it?”, Sehun asked me.

We’re in our classroom. He’s assigned as the cleaner for today and because he’s new and doesn’t really know what to do yet, I vonlunteered to help him since Yeonmi isn’t going home with me.

“It’s nothing important. It’s just someone annoying.”, I said as I arranged some desks. We’re almost done.

“May I know who?”, he chuckled.

I sighed. “It’s Jonghyun. You already know him right?”

He nodded and sat on a desk facing me. He’s already done cleaning.

“Uhmm… Is he your boyfriend?”, he asked.

“My what?!? NO. We’re not even friends. Why did you even think of that?”

“I just thought because he’s always with you.”

“He just likes annoying me that’s why he’s always around. But I swear we’re not what you’re thinking.”, I rolled my eyes.

“He likes you.”

I looked at him. I thought it’s a question but he said it like a statement or conclusion.

“How did you know that?”

“Duh? I’m also a man. I know those stuffs.”, he said, as a matter of fact.

I sighed and gave an unpleased expression on his statement.

“What’s with that expression? Don’t you like him?”

“Something like that. He keeps on doing everything I hate so I think I don’t like him… And besides I’m not comfortable with that kind of relationships yet, even on anybody.”, I sighed and look at a space, as if I’m in a deep thought.

He chuckled and patted my head. “I’m thankful that I didn’t get very attracted to you, though I almost did. I might just end up with a broken heart.”

I looked at him weirdly but later on, I just laughed on what he said. If that came from somebody else, it might sound weird and creepy but Sehun is already my friend and I know he will remain just like that.

“So from now on… hold yourself”, I joked.

“Of course, friend.”, he chuckled and offered his hands in front of me for a handshake.

I accepted his hand and shook it as we laugh heartily on our conversation. It’s so fun to be with him and I’m glad I could keep him as my friend.

He didn’t let go of my hand. He just held it between us and smiled sincerely.

“Thanks for—“

“Hands off, man.”, a cold but loud voice interrupted Sehun on what he’s going to say.

We both got startled and looked at the door and saw Jonghyun, standing there. His eyes were focused on our hands then he turned to Sehun and shot him a deadly stare.

“Jonghyun. What are you doing here?”, I let go of Sehun’s hand to face him.

“You? What are you two doing here?”, he asked back, not taking his eyes away from Sehun.

“Sehun, you can leave now.”, I whispered to Sehun, nervous that something not good might happen and knowing Jonghyun’s attitude, it’s not impossible.

Sehun looked at me with protest but I insisted for him to leave. He bowed at Jonghyun then left.

“So, this is how you hide from me?”, Jonghyun’s eyes shifted on me.

“It’s not what you think.”, I panicked seeing that anger again in his eyes.

“Then what are you two doing here?”, his loud voice is on again.

“It’s because… we’re just—wait.“, I furrowed my brows. “Why am I even explaining to you?”

His eyes narrowed even more. “It’s because you need to explain!”, he yelled.

My temper rose on his actions. He’s yelling at me again, though I’m not doing anything wrong. And why am I explaining to him?

“Why do I need to explain? I don’t have to do that to you.”

“At least I’m giving you a chance to explain, unlike you. So explain now.”, he crossed his arms over his chest.

“Why will I? Who are you to ask for my explanation?”, I said, having  both my hands on my waist.

His expression slowly went soft on what I said. He looked like taken aback on my question and can’t even answer back.

“See? We’re not related for you to cat like this. I didn’t do anything wrong and I knew that so I don’t have to defend myself.”

I grabbed my bag and stood in front of him.

“You know what? I’m almost considering you as my friend lately but now, I felt thankful that I haven’t done that yet. So from now on, stay away from me, for good.”, I stared at him fiercely for seconds before leaving.

 I went out of the classroom, leaving him speechless.

Honestly, I think this issue is too small to lead us to another quarrel but I just got too pissed on him. He doesn’t know his limits to the extent that he’d be asking for my explanation about something he’s doesn’t even have to care. Friends should know boundaries, and obviously he’s not that.

------

I just stayed on my room the moment I got home. Even when Yeonmi got home and wants to talk to me, I didn’t go out. I’m sure she already knows about what happened but I’m too drained to explain.

 *Unni~ Pick up the phone~ Unni~*

When I saw the caller ID on my phone, I turned it off and removed the batteries. He’s been calling me since I got home but I don’t want to talk to him now, or even on other times.

I got too tired of arguing and having quarrel with someone every day. I just realized that my school life isn’t normal and peaceful anymore. Having Jonghyun chasing me around everyday, arguing with him even because of simple things, and to top it all, I have to face different reactions from his fangirls towards the issue that we’re dating. It’s just got too tiring.

Moments later, Yeonmi knocked and called on my door. I sighed and got up to open it. She held his ringing phone in front of me.

“Please Yerin. Answer Jonghyun’s call, even once. He’s not going to stop calling me because you turned off your phone.”, she begged.

I sighed again and took the phone from her and went in my room. I sighed again, feeling so stressed, then I accepted the call.

“Finally you pick up.”, I heard a sigh of relief from him.

“Stop bothering us here.”, I said coldly.

“Yerin… I’m sorry, okay? I shouldn’t have yelled at you and acted that way.”, he said in a gentle, sincere voice.

“Jonghyun, just stay away from me, stop bothering and annoying me, stop chasing me around and everything you’re doing to me. It’s just so tiring, so stop now.”

“I already apologized on what happened earlier.”

“It’s not about what happened earlier. It’s about everything. I want to be in peace again so let’s just get back on how we’re supposed to be before all of this started. Don’t call me or Yeonmi again. ”, I heard him start a sentence but I already ended the call.

I went out of the room to give Yeonmi her cellphone and went in again. Today is so tiring, I don’t know why. It’s just Jonghyun but I felt so affected and stressed. I need to rest…

--Jonghyun’s POV—

“Aishhh!”, I threw my phone on the center center table then laid my head on the backrest of the couch.

Yerin hung up again, without letting me finish talking first. I felt that this quarrel got bigger and now I felt nervous on what she told me.

She sounded so serious when she told me to stay away. She told me what we’re doing is tiring, and that’s the first time I heard it from her.

She’s getting sick of me but I can’t stop. I know I can’t and I don’t want to stop. I’ll just stop if I already got what I am working hard for… and that’s her.

-----

“Yerin.”, I grabbed her hand as soon as I saw her got out of their classroom with Yeonmi, Key, Minho and that Sehun.

I just glared at Sehun, though I wanted to drive him away from Yerin, but for now, he's not my concern. I need to fix something more important.

“Hands off, please”, she said and took off my hand on hers.

I sighed and looked at her. “Okay, sorry. Let’s talk.”

“We don’t have to talk anymore. I already told you to stay away from me, and I mean it.”, she battled me through eyes.

“Uhmm… We’ll go ahead.”, Yeonmi interrupted and they all walked away, leaving me and Jonghyun.

“Yerin, we already met each other so why stay away. Please, forgive me already.”

“That’s exactly why we should stay away, because we met each other. Since we met we’ve been quarrelling, fighting, arguing. Aren’t you getting sick of those?”

“No.”, I answered without any doubt.

She rolled his eyes, trying to hold her temper. “Well, I’m already sick and tired of those. So please just do what I want. Stay away and let’s just get back to what we are before we met. I want to be in peace again.”

I stood straight in front of her and looked directly to her eyes.

“Do you really want that?”, I asked seriously.

She just stared at me as a response.

“If you want that, I’ll do that…. But not on the way you want.”

She raised an eyebrow and looked at me confusedly.

I smiled. “I’ll start from the start… and that means doing everything I did after we met again. Until we went back to we’re we had stopped.”

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*THIS CHAPETR IS RE-EDITED*

   - Readers, for those who have read it already, I have it re-edited. On the last part, some lines(scene) were supposed to be for the other chapter. SORRY. If you already read that line i'm talking about(which i already removed here), sorry if you might read it again on the next chapter. SORRY AGAIN. *90 degrees bow*

Sorry for the unstable POV on this and on the last chapter. :))

How is the story going? I'm not getting response unlike on my last story :< hope to hear(read) it from you soon.

THANKS FOR READING