19: Taemin's Birthday

My SLY Fox

[A/N: I REPEAT, for those who have read the un-edited chapter 19, you might read some lines here similar to the last chapter. My story ideas got mixed up, Sorry. But i already edited it and already fixed. THANKS and ENJOY  ^.^]

 

--Jonghyun’s POV—

I’m sitting on the same bench where I usually sit whenever I’m waiting for Yerin to come out. I’m waiting there alone.

Today is the last day of classes before a week long break tomorrow. All five of us will be spending the break on Jeju. It’s for Taemin’s birthday. He told us that instead of having a party, he wanted to just take a vacation on somewhere relaxing and we all decided to go to their house on Jeju.

And that’s why I am waiting for Yerin. The boys wanted Yerin and Yeonmi to come on Jeju and I volunteered to say the invitation.

Honestly, I’m feeling nervous because I might be rejected. It’s been almost a month since she told me to stay away but like what I said to her, I’m not going to stay away, I’m just going to start from the very top. And that’s what’s happening, she’s talking to me the way she was doing before, and I’m receiving one line answer from her. It’s taking long for us to get where we stopped but I’m willing to give effort and wait for it.

When I saw Yerin approaching, I immediately stood up and went to her, only to notice that aside from Yeonmi, he’s with Sehun again. No doubt, they have become very close friends.

I looked at Sehun with narrow eyes. “You again?”

Sehun just smiled and bowed at me as a greeting.

“Jonghyun, Are you going to start on this again?”, she narrowed his eyes on me.

“No, I have something to tell you.”, I shifted my eyes from Sehun to Yerin.

“I have no time to listen.”

She turned around but I pulled her back.

“What’s is it?!?”, she said irritably and shook of my hand holding her.

“Listen… we have a weeklong school break right?”

“And so?”, she raised an eyebrow.

“We’re all planning to stay on Jeju, us five. It’s actually for Taemin’s birthday but we’re going to stay for the whole break. You and Yeonmi could come.”

“All of you?... then we won’t come.”, she said then turned but I pulled her again.

“It’s for Taemin’s birthday why won’t you come.”, I whined.

“It’s for Taemin’s birthday so why are you the one inviting us?”

“Because I want you to come.”, I smiled.

“You want ME to come?”, she said, little smiled forming on her lips.

My heart skipped as hope rises on me.

“Yes, of course. I want you to come.”, I said excitedly, anticipating for a good result.

But her smile faded. “In that case… I won’t come.”

She was about walk away but I quickly went in front of her and blocked her way.

“Why?”, I asked.

“You know why.”

“But you’re going to enjoy there.”

“Why? Aren’t you going to be there?”, She raised her eyebrow.

I whined and stamped my feet. ‘Why does she have to be this tough?’

“You invited us so I don’t want to go and that’s final.”, she pulled Yeonmi and Sehun away.

I didn’t have much energy left to follow them. I’m all drained now because of another rejection from him. I expected this to be hard but I was feeling a bit of hope that she might come because it’s Taemin’s birthday. But I’m totally wrong.

I went to my car with heavy steps and depressed feeling then drove back home.

I rested a bit before packing my stuffs for tomorrow but I still don’t have much energy. The thought that Yerin wouldn’t be with us just made me feel more drained. I sighed very deep and stopped packing.

‘If Yerin won’t come, I won’t come anymore.’

I pouted then grab my car keys to go to our ‘headquarters’.  I’m starting to fall in a very serious bad mood as I got there. I flung the door open and walked heavily with a big frown on my face.

Onew and Minho are there. They followed me with their eyes as I took heavy steps and slopped myself on the couch.

“Okay… I know that face. Can I guess what happened?”, Minho chuckled.

I glared at him and threw the couch pillow on his face.

“Yerin rejected it, right?”, Onew hyung sat beside me.

I groaned in frustration while punching the spaces on the couch and stamping my feet.

We’re on that scene when Taemin and Key came.

“Oh? Are you all done packing for tomorrow?”, Key asked.

“Me and Onew Hyung are done. I don’t know if Jonghyun Hyung is.”Minho said, pointing me with his pouted lips.

“Aren’t you done yet? Why aren’t you preparing your stuffs?”, Key asked, with both of his hands on his waist.

“I won’t go anymore.”, I said in a sulky tone.

“You won’t go? Why?”, Taemin asked.

“I invited Yerin but she rejected it. I don’t want to come anymore!”, I slumped my whole body on the couch, burying my face on it.

“Are you sure?”, I heard Key said.

I just kicked my feet, face still buried on the couch.

“Well then, stay if you want… We’re going to take care of Yerin and Yeonmi while we’re on Jeju, promise.”,Key said.

I stopped from whining and quickly got up to look at him.

“What did you just said?”, I asked with wide eyes.

“I said we’re going to take care of Yerin and Yeonmi. If you’re not going to come then, the four of us will look over them on Jeju.”, Key smirked.

“Wait, Yerin told me she doesn’t want to go.”

“We know she will reject your invitation so me and Taemin went to her and told her to come.”, Key explained.

“And with the help of cute begging and puppy eyes and because it’s my birthday, she agreed.”, Taemin added.

“I’m sure it’ll be fun. But if you really don’t want to come…. We’ll try to enjoy on ourselves.”, Key faked a sad expression.

“Who told you I’m not coming? Actually, I’m in the middle of packing my things earlier, I just went here.”, I laughed then went to Key and Taemin and hugged them.

“Hyung, stop that!”, they tried to get off my hug and pushing me away.

Then suddenly, Key’s phone rang. I let go of him for him to answer the call. I just looked at him, as he talks on the phone.

“Oh? Ne… Really? That’s sad… I wish she could… Alright, but your still in, okay? Arasseo. Bye.”, That’s how Key talked on the phone.

He sighed and looked at us.

“We’re going to have an ‘only girl’ tomorrow do we have to take care of her.”, he announced.

We all looked at him with confusion. Unable to figure out what he was trying to say.

He smiled. “Well… Yeonmi has to go home on her family and can’t come with us, so Yerin will be our only girl.”

A smirked slowly formed on my lips. I took my cellphone out from my pocket and sent Yerin a message.

[TO:  My SLY Yerin <3]

                Not going to come, huh? >:]

It took plenty of seconds before I got a reply.

[FROM:  My SLY Yerin <3]

                I won’t come because of you so shut up.

[TO:  My SLY Yerin <3]

                See yah :*

After that message, she didn’t reply anymore but it doesn’t matter. My mood went up again and I felt so energize. It’s going to be a very fun week…

-----

I finally arrived at the airport and saw all four of them waiting there. They all looked at me weirdly when I came.

“Something’s different on you.”, Minho said while looking at me from head to toe.

I looked down on myself too to check what he is talking about. Then suddenly they burst into laughter. I raised an eyebrow and looked at them weirdly.

“I know what’s different!”, Key said in between laughter.

“What?”, I asked.

“NO INSOLES.”, Key emphasized every syllable which made them burst into laughter again.

I glared at them.

I’m wearing a simple beach shoes and I don’t have or I can’t wear height insoles but I think it’s a bad idea. They always tease me about my height and I seriously don’t like it when they do. That’s why I wear insoles to at least achieved Onew hyungs height. I’m sure my height will be the laughing stock on this whole vacation.

“Could you please stop laughing?!? Nothing’s funny.”, I pouted and glared at them.

 

--Yerin’s POV—

I’m riding a taxi on my way to the airport when my phone rang. Yeonmi is calling.

“Yerin~. Are you at the airport already? I wish I could come too…”, she said.

“Yah Yeonmi, why do you have to go home today? How could I enjoy this if I’m the only girl?”, I sighed.

“Pff… As if you’re not going to enjoy if you’ll be with them. Specially with Jonghyun oppa~”, I heard her giggled.

“Don’t ever remind me that he’s coming. I’ll hang up now, I’m here already.”, I said when the taxi stopped in front of the airport.

“Okay. Enjoy~.”, she giggled again.

I rolled my eyes and get off the taxi after paying. I entered the airport, carrying my suitcase while scanning the place to find the boys. I saw the five of them already there, it means I’m late so I ran to them.

“Sorry guys, I’m late.”, I bowed to them when I got near.

I looked up to them but I noticed something is different so I looked at each of them. And when I already figured out, I can’t help myself from laughing.

“Ooooh~ She already noticed it.”, Key laughed too and clapped as well as the others aside from Jonghyun.

Jonghyun glared at me. “Stop laughing.”

“So… it’s all because of the insoles.”, I said in a teasing tone while laughing.

I noticed that Jonghyun got shorter today than before. I know he’s not really that tall but it’s really unnoticeable before because he almost has the same height as Onew and Taemin. The height difference became so noticeable now, maybe because he has no insoles on and he’s standing next to tall Minho.

He glared at me even more.

‘Looks like I can have my revenge now…’, I grinned on that thought.

“Me and Taemin will just get the tickets, wait here guys.”, Key said then he went away with Taemin

I turned to Jonghyun again and flashed a teasing smile.

“What now?!”, Jonghyun asked with a sharp look on his eyes.

“Seriously, don’t stand next to Minho. It becomes more noticeable.”, I grinned.

“Oh, that’s what I’m always telling him.”, Minho said and we high fived.

Jonghyun pouted and glared at us then turned his back on us.

When Key and Taemin came, we all went to the plane and boarded. I don’t know if Jonghyun planned it but our seats are next to each other. He’s so happy about it and felt so relaxed while we’re sitting next to each other.

He kept on staring at me with big grin on his face and starting to get annoyed. Good thing I have a new weapon now, sitting next to him is the perfect chance to execute my revenge.

I looked at him with a mocking smile again and looked at him from head to toe, then laughed. His grin turned into a frown and he glared at me again.

“Stop it.”, he said seriously.

“Annoyed already? Don’t worry this airplane ride will be SHORT.”, I emphasized my last word and followed with a mocking laughter.

“Don’t make fun of me”, he said seriously with narrowed eyes staring sharply at me.

I just continued laughing but was cut off when he bent over the armrest separating our seats and he leaned closer to me. He has that serious expression on his face that is just inches away from mine.

“The height you are laughing at…”, he whispered in front of my face, not taking his eyes away from mine.

I gulped waiting for his next words.

“I swear, I’m going to make you fell in love with it so hard that you’re going to be crazy.”, he twitched up the corner of his lips but still with a serious eyes.

He’s still not moving away. The laughs I have earlier all turned into continuous gulps and heavy breathes. I cleared my thought and managed pushed him away. I took a deep breath and looked away.

I felt alarmed on what he said. The way he said it, it’s not just serious. His eyes were full of determination and giving me an ‘I-so-mean-it-so-be-careful’ look. Because of that, I should make sure I’ll be tough enough to prevent that from happening.

 

When we arrived at Jeju, a van picked us up and brought us to a rest house. The boys said it belongs to Taemin’s family. They said they always stay there everytime they’re on Jeju and they even have their own rooms there.

“Will I have my own room here?”, I asked but only Jonghyun heard me because they’re busy with their own stuffs.

“It depends.”, Jonghyun answered me.

“Depends on what?”

“Depends on whether you want to sleep on a vacant room or you want to stay on my room. I don’t really mind, we can share.”, he smirked.

I glared at him almost wanting to spank his head.

“I’ll unpack now. Can I know where I am going to stay?”, I asked the boys again but they didn’t hear it.

Key is busy gathering his stuffs. Minho already went on his room while Taemin and Onew were talking to someone.

“Second floor, third door to the left.”, Jonghyun answered.

I rolled my eyes and glared at him for the last time before pulling my suitcase and going to the room he said. But I just took a few steps when Key stopped me.

“Yerin, wait! Don’t go there!”, he yelled.

I stopped and turned to him. “Why? Isn’t it my room?”

“No. It’s Jonghyun hyung’s room. Yours is fourth door to the left.”, Key went to me and helped me on pulling my suitcase.

I glared at Jonghyun.

“I thought you chose to share room.” He shrugged and chuckled then carried his own stuffs and went to his room.

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SORRY FOR USING JONGHYUN'S HEIGHT. It's cute :">

THANKS FOR READING♥