20: FEELS ♥

My SLY Fox

--Yerin’s POV—

I have been woken up by the bright morning sunrays from the window hitting my face. I did a nice body stretch before getting up.

I had a good sleep. Fortunately, Jonghyun did not bother me last night and let me sleep peacefully. Good thing he still knows when he really needs to stop.

I got a nice morning shower and fixed myself before going out of my room only to be greeted by a quiet surrounding. I looked around and found only Jonghyun, sitting in the living room while reading a magazine.

“Why is it so quiet? Where are the others?”, I asked, standing at the entrance of the living room.

He looked up at me and smiled brightly. “Finally, you’re awake. They went out to buy stocks, and stuffs for Taemin’s birthday.”

“All of them? Then why are you left here?”

“Of course I can’t leave you alone here.”, he winked.

“Whatever.”, I rolled my eyes and walked back to my room.

He called me but I ignored him. I walked faster and shut my room’s door immediately. But few seconds later Jonghyun is knocking on my door, nonstop until I opened the door.

“What?!”,  I growled when I opened the door and found him standing there and leaning on the door frame.

“It’s just the two of us.”, he smirked.

“So what?”

He grinned. “Go on… Don’t be shy. Ask me out.”

My face got crumpled, amused on how conceited he is.

I looked at him blankly. “Okay. Get out.”

“Funny.”, he made a face.

“Thanks.”, I flashed a quick fake smile and tried to close the door but he blocked himself.

“If you don’t want to ask me out, I’ll do it.”, he said.

“Ask yourself out? Sure, you’re free to do it.”, I said sarcastically.

“Enough of being funny. Common, we’ll go out.”, he tried grabbed my hand but I moved it away.

“Go out by yourself. I don’t want to come with you.”,

“But have to. We have no stocks here yet so we have to dine out for breakfast.”

“I can manage to find food for myself and eat alone. So go out now.”, I made a shooing motion with my hands.

“Yerin, c’mmon. Let’s eat together~”, he whined.

“No, I don’t want.” ,I shook my head for a strong refusal.

“You’ll starve…”

“It’s okay. I’m not going to die of that.”

He took a step nearer to me. “Want me to carry you?”

 “You can’t. My feet would be touching the ground if you carry me.”, I laughed.

He frowned and sharply looked at me. “Don’t start on that again.”

“Then go away!”

I pushed him out but in one swift move. He carried me bridal style and started walking down the stairs.

“Jonghyun! Put me down!”, I yelled, wriggling and trying to escape from his hold.

“If you will not stop wriggling, we’ll both roll down this stair.”, he said.

I stopped on moving, not wanting to fall down. When we finally landed on the first floor, he didn’t put me down yet until we’re already outside.

“Did your feet touched the ground?”, he said with a brow raised after he put me down.

“Whatever.”, I rolled my eyes.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his car. I just went with him, knowing that he would do more silly things to make me come. We went to a café and have breakfast there.

“Are you still mad at me?”, he asked in the middle on our meal.

“I’m always mad at you.”, I answered without looking at him.

“Until when?”

“Until you stay away from me and stop annoying me.”

“Then you’re going to be mad at me forever? Even we’re already together and until we have a family of our own?”

I glared at him and saw him with a big grin and sparkling eyes.

“Seriously, aren’t you tired of annoying me? Why do you still keep following me around?”

“First, I’m not annoying you. Second, I won’t get tired of it and third, you know the reason why…”, he smiled.

I rolled my eyes and get back to eating. I just chose to stay quiet, unable to find any counter to what he said.

“Yerin, I like you.”, he said softly.

I just raised an eyebrow as I look at him.

“You might have forgotten so I’m just reminding it to you.”, his smile grew bigger then he continued eating.

-------

“Saengil chukhahamnida~ Saengil chukhahamnida~ Saranghaneun uri Taemin~ Saengil chukhahamnidaaaa~!”

We all sang cheerfully for Taemin. For his birthday celebration, we set a table by the beautiful seashore fo Jeju for dinner. Our table is filled with foods, prepared the boys themselves.

“Woah~.”, Taemin clapped his hands after we finished singing for him.

“Let’s start grilling!”, Onew said and stood up in front of the grill.

“Noona, you gave Jonghyun hyung a cake on his birthday. How about me?”, he pouted.

“It’s because I’m more special to her.”, Jonghyun said and winked at me.

I glared at him then turned to Taemin. “I didn’t have a chance to look for a cake shop this morning. But I promise, when we get back to Seoul, I’ll personally bake you one.”

“Jinjja? I’ll wait for that!”, Taemin clapped happily and stuck his tongue to Jonghyun.

“You’ll bake him a cake? But you just bought mine.”, Jonghyun pouted.

“It’s okay. You deserve it.”, I made a face and looked away.

“It’s so quiet. We need some entertainment.”, Minho suddenly said.

“Why don’t you sing for us Onew hyung? You’ve been practicing a lot lately.”, Key said.

“Me?”, Onew pointed to himself.

“No, I’m Onew hyung, I’ll sing… Pff. Of course you!”, Key said sarcastically.

Onew nodded and wondered for a while on what song shall he sing. Then he cleared his throat before singing.

(In your eyes- Click here to listen)

Dan hanbeondo malhan jeok eobtjiman
Sasil mallya nan geunare i simjangi ttwineungeol neukkyeosseo

Cheoeumbuteo nan al su isseosseo
Hwaksinhal sun eobseotjiman imi urin jeonghaejin unmyeong gatasseo

Sarangeun naegero wa
Neoreul ikkeuneun siganeuro
Yeongwonhi kkaeji annneun
Kkumman gatasseo jeongmal kkumman gataseo

Cheoeum mannan geunareul gieokhae
Nuni busige bitnadeon geureon nare naege wajwotdeon
Gomawo niga naege wajwoseo …

Onew’s voice is wonderful. It’s so good that all of us went quiet, wanting to listen and feel his song. His voice is so sweet and calming, matching the peaceful and beautiful night beside the sea.

When he finished singing, I clapped, followed by the others. I felt more relaxed after I heard his song.

“Woah~. Oppa you’re really good.”, I continued to clap with a pleased smile on my face.

“Thanks. I’m glad you like it.”, he smiled and slightly bowed.

“Hyung’s voice is really good, right noona?”, Taemin clapped with me and we’re the only left clapping.

“Yeah. An angel like voice.”

“Seems like Yerin became really pleased on your song, hyung.”, Minho chuckled at me who’s still clapping my hands.

“You like it that much?”, Jonghyun said seriously.

I nodded my head as a response. He went quiet for a while, having deep breathes then suddenly, he stood up.

“Then I’ll sing too.”, he said.

I stayed quiet, just staring at him. I don’t know if he’s serious but he looks like one. I never heard that Jonghyun can sing. I thought only Onew, Key and Minho can sing.

“That’s unusual.”, Minho said.

“You’re really going to sing?”, Key asked Jonghyun, like he can’t believe that Jonghyun will really do it.

Jonghyun nodded and backed away from the table a few steps. He just stood there for a while, preparing himself. While me, I just went quiet, anticipating on what he will do. I don’t know why but there’s something amusing on the fact that Jonghyun can sing.

One last breath then he cleared his throat. Everybody went quiet.

(Nothing better- Click here to listen)

Ehgeh uhn-jen-gah watt-dun, nuh-yeh uhl-gool-reul giyuk-heh
Mum chwuh eetdun neh-mahm eul, meebgehdoh gojangnan neh gahseum eul
Nuh-yeh hwa-nan misoga shweebgehdo yun-guh-ya

Geureh geu-ruht-keh nehgah, nuh-yeh saram-ee dwen guh-ya
Moht-natt-dun neh-choo-wuk deuree, eejen giyuk-joh-cha ahn-nah
Nahreul kkokjahbeun sohn-ee bohm-chuh-reum tta-tteut-hehsuh

Eejae kkoom chureum neh mahm-eun
Geudeh gyuh-teh, gah-mahn-hee mumchwuh-suh yo
Han soon-gan-do kkeh-jee ah-neun "kkeut-ubbneun" kkeum-eul kkwuh yo
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/brown-eyed-soul-nothing-better-lyrics.html ]
Eejae soom chuh-reum neh-gyuhtteh
Hangsang shwee myuh, geu-ruht-keh eessuh joo myun
Nothing better nothing better than you
Nothing better nothing better than you

 

I was shocked when I heard his voice. Yeah, Onew’s voice is good, but Jonghyun’s is better. It’s sweet yet powerful. It’s calming, but not for me. It’s makes me feel like anytime, I would have a heart attack or something. I can’t take my eyes away from him while his singing even though I wanted to because I felt like exploding. As he sings, it felt like everything around me vanished and it’s just him whom I can see.

I hugged myself as I feel my skin get goosebumps. His voice slowly faded, finishing his song. It took seconds before all of us reacted after he sang. I heard them clapped and it took me moments before I managed to move my hands to clap too.

“It’s been long since we last heard his voice.”, Onew said as he clap his hands, amazed on Jonghyun’s song.

“Yeah it got seriously better.”, Minho clapped too.

Jonghyun let out a deep exhale then hurriedly went back to his seat. He didn’t say anything after that. He went quiet the whole time, just laughing softly while listening to our conversations.

“You should appreciate that song of him, Yerin”, Key suddenly whispered to me.

I looked at him with asking eyes.

He smiled. “Aside from his family and us, he never let anyone hear him sing. He doesn’t want to show it to anybody.”

“Why?”

“Even though he, himself, knows that his voice is good, he’s not confident enough to show it to others. Only to those whose close to him…”, Key explained.

I nodded as I absorb what he said. I looked at Jonghyun and saw him looking at me too. He smiled, not the annoying smile he always shows me but a gentle, sweet smile. Then he looked away.

That made me fall into a deep thought. Until the dinner has ended, I’m still thinking and recalling on how Jonghyun sang in front of us. I entered my room and tried to sleep but failed so I went out and sat on the sandy shore, looking at the sea.

The image of him singing kept coming and coming in my mind. The Jonghyun singing earlier, for me, it was different from the Jonghyun that always annoys me. He looks so nice when he sings, like an angel in front of me. His eyes flooding with emotion as he sings that make me feel every word coming out from him.

And what Key told me, that Jonghyun isn’t confident enough singing in front of other people, I didn’t expect Jonghyun has that side. I have known him for being over confident but earlier, I saw a different him.

As I compile all the good images I saw from him this night, a big question was formed.

‘Can’t you really like him?’

“Hey, what are you doing here?”, someone suddenly talked.

I got startled and flinched. When I looked, it was Jonghyun. He sat on the sand too, beside me.

“Why are you alone here?”, he asked.

“Now, I’m not. So I’ll go now.”, I stood up but he held my hand and looked up at me.

“Just stay please… Let’s just talk.”, he said softly and begged with puppy eyes.

The night is too peaceful and calming. It would be much more appreciated if it would be shared with someone.

“Don’t use that puppy eyes. It doesn’t suit you.”, I chuckled and sat back beside him.

He chuckled and looked at me seriously but with a little smile.

“It’s been long since we last talked properly at each other. I missed it.”, he said.

“It’s your fault. If you’re just nice enough, I could have been nice to you too.”, I chuckled.

“But I’m nice to you. I’m always trying to be nice in front of you, you know that.”

I stared at his eyes but I can’t stand staring longer so I looked away and faced the sea.

“You have nice voice…”, I changed the topic.

“Did you like it? It’s my first time singing in front of others so I don’t think it’s as perfect as Onew hyung’s song.”, he shyly smiled.

I liked that kind of smile from him. That’s the smile that could cover up all the unpleasant things I don’t like on him.

“It’s good, promise. I liked it. You should sing often.”

“I’ll practice more. Then one day, I’m going to sing for you…”, I can feel his eyes on me but I didn’t dare to look back. I can’t.

Silence occurred for a moment until I felt his hand held mine. I faced him, shocked but I can’t manage to take his hand of mine.

“Yerin, seriously… Can’t you really like me?”, he asked as he squeezes my hand gently.

I gasped on his question. That’s exactly the question I have in mind earlier… the question that is still unanswered and can’t be answered yet. My mind is too mixed up to answer that question already.

He squeezed my hand again. His eyes were waiting and anticipating.

“I… I…”, I can’t find the right words to say. I don’t even have a sentence in my mind.

“I-I have to sleep now… It’s getting late.”, I blinked a few times because my eyes were clouding as if I’m in a scene in a dream and I have to force myself to wake up.

“But we’re still talking…”, he protested.

“I feel sleepy already. I need to go.”, I stood up and started walking away.

I already took plenty of steps away. I thought he just stayed there and didn’t follow me anymore because I can’t feel someone following me.

“Yerin…”, I heard him call me.

I stopped and turned around to tell him to sleep to but that was a wrong move. I miscalculated his possible distance from me. I didn’t thought that he had already gone so near to me so when I turned around, my face was exactly in front of him, just MILLIMETERS away from each other. Our face is so near to each other that his lips brushed on mine. Only brushed, but it brought a very strong feeling on me.

We stayed close and staring on each other’s eyes for a moment. I just got to my normal self when I saw him smile, or more likely, smirked.

I turned my face to the other direction and pushed him away.

“Sleep tight…”, He whispered.

I didn’t reply anymore. I ran back to the rest house, which I thought I can’t do because my knees were like jellies because of what happened.

I immediately locked the door when I got inside my room. I ran to my bed and lied down on my stomach burying my face on the pillows.

‘What did just happen?’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 He can't handle his FEELS ♥ CUTE :">