21: Almost?

My SLY Fox

--Yerin’s POV—

“Yerin…”, I heard him call me.

I stopped and turned around to tell him to sleep to but that was a wrong move. I miscalculated his possible distance from me. I didn’t thought that he had already gone so near to me so when I turned around, my face was exactly in front of him, just MILLIMETERS away from each other. Our face is so near to each other that his lips brushed on mine. Only brushed, but it brought a very strong feeling on me.

“Stop!”, I yelled as soon as my eyes fluttered open.

I panted as I look around the room.

‘I dreamt of it… again.’

It’s like the fifth time that I have dreamt of that scene the whole night and I don’t know why that scene that happened last night kept on flashing back. That scene where we have…

‘Stop remembering!’, I scolded myself.

“I swear, I’m going to make you fell in love with it so hard that you’re going to be crazy.” , I remembered that line he told me

Is this what he is talking about? Am I being crazy now? But NO… not as if have fallen in love with him. That’s not because of that. That scene just kept coming back to me because… it’s my first. My first kiss got stolen from me by the person who’s not even related to me.

I covered myself with my blanket and tried to get some more sleep, though it’s already morning. I didn’t sleep well last night because of that dream. But my sleep continuation has been disturbed by a knock on my door.

I fixed myself then went to open the door.

“Morning~”, Jonghyun greeted cheerfully.

He, himself, widened the open door and straightly walked in, without even being invited.

“Can’t you wait to be invited in before you come in MY room?”, I put my hands on my waist and stood in front of him.

“But you wouldn’t invite me in.”, he sat on the edge of my bed.

“Good thing you know I won’t do that so leave now. What are you even going to do here?”

“To wake you up.”, he smiled.

“Now I’m awake so leave now, go to your own room and sleep.”, I tried to pull him of my bed but he’s making himself heavy.

“But I just woke up.”, he protested.

“You should sleep more. It’ll help you grow taller.”

He stood up in front of me.

“I’m telling you, you shouldn’t mention my height again.”, he smirked.

“And why? Does it hurt?”, I smirked too.

“No… But it makes me wonder how would the boys react if I told them what happened last night.”, his smirk became devilish.

“No you won’t tell that!”

“Won’t I? Shall not I tell them that we kiss—“

“YOU WON’T! And that’s not even as that. Our… our… our lips just brushed to each other. Slightly brushed so it’s not considered… that one you’re saying.”, I found it hard to explain, avoiding some words because it’s awkward.

He laughed. “Brushed, slightly brushed, whatever you call it, when lips touched each other, it’s still a kiss.”

“Okay fine. Whatever you wanted to call it. Just go out.”, I sighed in defeat.

“WE will go out. Breakfast is ready so let’s go.”, he grabbed my hand and pulled me but I struggled.

“Go alone! You don’t have to bring me with you everytime.”, I tried to pull my hand from him but he’s holding it tightly.

He gave me a meaningful, threatening look. I clenched my fist, trying to control my temper.

“Fine, I’ll go. But let me change my clothes first.”, I sighed.

“I’ll wait outside your room. Hurry, I’m hungry.”, he pinched my cheeks and went out.

-------

“Wait… Am I seeing it right? Yerin and Jonghyun, together?”, Key rubbed his eyes and looked at us as we both came in the kitchen for breakfast.

“And Jonghyun hyung’s hand is on Yerin noona’s arms and she’s not removing it?!?”, Taemin exclaimed.

I glared at Jonghyun whose face is almost near to ripping because of a very wide grin on it. I simply moved my arm to remove it from his grip then joined the boys at the table. Jonghyun sat on the seat next to me.

“Did something happened?”, Minho eyed at both of us.

“NO… none… Nothing happened. We just got out of the room at the same time so we came here together.”, I explained, trying  to avoid eye contact with them.

Jonghyun just laughed which made the boys suspicious but luckily, they didn’t asked more and just continued eating.

“By the way, umma and appa called me last night. They want me home so we’re not going to stay here the whole week. We need to go tomorrow.”, Taemin announced.

“Aww… I vacation will be too short.”, Onew pouted.

“I want to stay longer. I’m enjoying here… specially during night, when I’m sitting on the sandy seashore…”, Jonghyun said in a dreamy tone.

I was drinking my coffee when he said that and it made me choke and coughed.

“Hey careful. Drink slowly.”, Key patted my back.

“I’m okay... The coffee is just hot.”, I smiled at Key then turned to Jonghyun and gave him a glare.

He laughed then he moved closer to me when I was about to eat a bacon on my fork.

“I want that… Ahhh~”, he opened his mouth.

“Feed yourself.”, I said and pushed him away.

He raised an eyebrow. “You know guys… last night ashhgakfbgkjdhfgjm…”

His words become unclear and didn’t even get to finish his sentence when I shoved bacons in his mouth. I even shoved a piece of hotdog and bread in his mouth to shut him up.

“Eat well~”, I said with a fake smile.

He forced a smile too and tried his best to chew all the foods in his mouth.

“Are you sure nothing happened?”, Onew raised his eyebrow and looked at us suspiciously.

 

After breakfast, we all sat in the living room to relax. But Jonghyun suddenly stood up and stood in front of me.

“Let’s go out and look around.”, he offered his hand in front of me but I ignored it.

“Do you have to bring me wherever you go?”

“Mmmmm… not really…”, he grinned and turned to face the boys.

Before he could ever talk I covered his mouth and grabbed his hand.

“Fine. Let’s go.”

 I pulled him out of the house, leaving the boys with question marks on their faces. We went to a garden not far from the rest house.

“This is blackmailing, you know?”, I said while we’re walking through the garden paths.

“No it’s not. I’m just making you come with me always.”, he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and went quiet.

“I don’t understand why you’re so scared to let them know about the kis—“

“Could you stop saying it again and again?”, I cut him off.

He chuckled. “Why are you so mad about that?”

I bit my lower lip and looked away.

His eyes glowed and a wide smile flashed on his face, realizing something.

“It’s your first?!? I’m your first. WOAH~.“

“Stop repeating it. So what if you’re the first. Is that so big?”, I made a face.

I looked at him weirdly. His reaction was so exaggerated. It wasn’t like he discovered that he’s my first kiss. It’s more likely the reaction a husband get when he discovered that he’ll be a father.

“It’s something special…”, he smiled.

I glared and walked away to sit on a garden swing. He followed and sat beside me.

“Don’t you consider giving justice to your first kiss?”, he suddenly asked.

“What justice are you talking about?”, I gave him a weird look.

“You know… you’re first kiss must be your boyfriend. I’m willing to help you with that.”, he grinned.

“No thanks. Justice isn’t needed. And I still believe that it isn’t considered as a… the word you call it.”, I still find it hard say it, especially in front of him.

“C’mmon. For you, I’ll take the responsibility.”

“Responsibility? Wait. We’re not talking about pregnancy here, right? Don’t over react.”, I rolled my eyes.

He just chuckled and went quiet for a while. The mood became relaxed and peaceful.

“I enjoyed our talk last night.”, he said softly.

‘Me too…’, I wanted to say that but I stopped myself.

“And you still have a question left to answer.”, he added.

I looked at him with asking expression.

“Remember? I asked you if… can’t you really like me?”, he said with eyes looking deep at mine.

I can’t manage to answer. Aside from the fact that I still really don’t know the answer to that, he’s eyes were like a hypnotizing pendulum that prevents me from thinking properly. All I want to do is to stare at his beautiful eyes.

“Can’t you?”, he whispered, bringing his face closer to mine until it was just inches away.

I can already fell his breath gently touching my face everytime he exhales. Our eyes were still connecting at each other.

“Can’t you?”, he asked softly again.

I have to dig deep in my mind to find my remaining will to push him away from me. I tried to blink my eyes to wake myself from the hypnotism he has brought me. Finally, I succeeded and managed to push him away a bit.

“Seriously, can’t you talk to me without much skinship?”, I asked rudely, trying to ease the awkwardness.

“Why can’t you answer it?”, he chuckled and sat properly.

“I… I don’t know. I-I’m not thinking about it.”, I said, which is a complete lie because just last night, that was the same question I am asking to myself.

“Then just tell me why you don’t like me.”

“I’m sure you already knew it.”

“I want to hear it from you.”, he said seriously.

I sighed. “Because you’re rude, you don’t know how to consider other’s feelings, you’re selfish, you’re doing things because you like it and doesn’t care if others might not like it, you’re conceited—“

“Did you make a list about that? It’s a lot.”, he cut me off from my enumeration.

“There’s still more but we might finish tomorrow so let’s end that there.”

“That’s a lot. Don’t tell me you’re expecting me to change all of those.”

I rolled my eyes. “Pff. As if you can…”

“Maybe I can’t.”, he said, almost like a whisper and looked away.

I looked at him with disbelief in my eyes. It’s not the answer I’m expecting from him. I was expecting to hear ‘Of course I can’ or ‘I’ll try’ from him but that’s total opposite of what he said.

He straightly said ‘he can’t’ and that means he doesn’t want to. How could he say that he wants me to like him if he’s not even willing to change himself a bit for us to have a chance?

That only means one thing… He really doesn’t like me and he’s not serious on me. Good thing I found out earlier before I even gave in… almost… I felt it…

I bit my lip unconsciously. I just felt like I needed to do it to hold back something.

“You already had the whole morning with me. I guess that was enough for you to stop blackmailing me.”, I said and stood up.

He looked up to me. I was expecting him to protest but I didn’t see it on him. I just noticed that he became serious.

“It’s enough. Don’t worry about it.”, he said and smiled.

I slowly nodded my head as I step backwards.

“I’ll go back now.”, I said and went away immediately.

His mood completely changed just because the topic of ‘changing’. Maybe he really doesn’t want to change and he’s not comfortable with that idea.

Because we brought that topic and he seems to not like it, there’s a big possibility that he’ll be staying away from me after our stay in Jeju. It’s the thing I have always wanted since then but why am I not happy about it. It just gives me a heavy feeling and I can’t stand it.

Instead of going back to the rest house, I went to a quiet and isolated part of the shore to calm myself and to think.

I’m congratulating myself that I didn’t give in to Jonghyun. I might just end up hurting myself. Almost, I’m on the brink of giving in and I can feel it.

Jonghyun isn’t serious on me. I wanted to change him not just because I wanted but because he needs it too. He’ll be a better person if he’ll do that but he doesn’t want to.

I sighed.

‘From now on, if he’d still continue to follow me around… I’ll be the one who’ll stay away.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WAE JONGHYUNNIE TT^TT