24: FREEDOM~

My SLY Fox

--Jonghyun’s POV—

“Jonghyun hyung. Yeri didn’t pass the painting you gave her. She didn’t used it.”, Key told me as soon as he and Minho arrived at our hangout place.

“I know.”, I answered casually.

“Then what happened to the painting my girlfriend made?”, Taemin asked.

“I don’t know to Yerin. I left it to her because she doesn’t want to accept it and I told her to do everything she wants to that painting.”

“Aw. Another rejection?”, Onew hyung asked me with worried look.

I smiled. “Not a total rejection. At least she thanked me after a lot of yelling… That’s enough for me.”

“So what now? Do you have any plans?”, Minho asked.

“Actually I’m planning something… Something big.”, I grinned.

“Based on your grin, whatever it is, I can say it’s really going to be big.”, Key nodded his head, acknowledging what I said.

“What’s that plan?”, they all asked in chorus.

“Just wait and see…”, I grinned more.

I picked up my phone and dialed a number. I waited for the other line to pick up then I talked.

“Ne, this is Kim Jonghyun. I just wanted to check my orders are all ready for tomorrow.”, I asked on the phone.

“Ne, Mr. Kim, it’s all settled and ready for delivery tomorrow.”

“Are you sure? Is it complete?”, I asked for reassurance.

“Yes Sir. 100 pieces of roses ready for tomorrow…”

 

--Yerin’s POV—

“I think Jonghyun oppa got offended when you didn’t accept his help. I haven’t seen him the whole day.”, Yeonmi said while waiting for me as I fix my stuffs before leaving the classroom.

“I apologized to him and I even thanked him.”, I said in a low voice.

“Really? When? You talked after he went to our house?”, she asked excitedly.

“I just talked to him on the phone. I still know that I have to at least thank him for his help even though I didn’t accept it.”

“So that means you’re already okay with each other?”, she excitedly asked.

I looked at her with displeased look. “No. I still don’t like him being around me and nothing will change.”

I closed and carried my bag after stuffing all my stuffs there then we went out of the room and started to walk through the corridor.

“I really really really seriously don’t understand why you hate him. He’s trying to be nice but you can’t see it.”, Yeonmi said.

“He’s TRYING. That’s what I don’t like. He’s not really nice, just TRYING.”

“Whatever. For me, he’s nice and he has my vote for being your boyfriend.”, she giggled.

I rolled my eyes and sighed as we continue to walk. Everything is normal until we finally got to the school quadrangle, the center of the campus, where Jonghyun asked me on a date in public.

When we got there, everyone went quiet. Some even stopped what they are doing and all looked at me.

“What’s wrong with this people?”, Yeonmi said while eyeing at the students staring at us, particularly me.

“Did I do something wrong?”, I whispered to Yeonmi.

“I don’t know.”, she whispered back.

We’re halfway on walking and we saw a line of students blocking are way. They were on our way and seemed to be hiding something so we can’t pass.

“Uhm, excuse me. We have to pass.”, I bowed slightly to them.

They all nodded, and the line of students was suddenly cut in half, making an opening in front of me. When my path is already cleared, my eyes widened when I saw Jonghyun standing there.

And the thing that made my eyes more widened was the scattered in front of me. There were baskets of flowers carried by some students, petals on the ground and a bouquet on Jonghyun’s hands.

“Jin Yerin!”, Jonghyun shouted.

The crowd went wild, screaming and cheering… but their noises just added discomfort to me.

I started to feel my breathe went heavy as if I’m lacking of air but at the same I don’t want to breathe because I can feel something is blocking my nose. I’m blinking my eyes nonstop because it very itchy. I also started to gasp because of the sneeze forming.

“Yerin, I want to—“, he was cut off when I turned around.

I immediately ran away before my allergy got worst and also because I can’t stand the stared from all the people around me. I’m getting to much attention and I’m not comfortable with it.

“Yerin, are you okay?”, I heard Yeonmi yelled as I ran back to the building, finding somewhere where I can be away to all those flowers and the people.

When I got to an empty room, I leaned on the wall and while trying to breathe normally. Sneezes started to come out from me continuously that I don’t even have time to breathe. My throat, eyes and nose are all itchy.

“Yerin! Are you okay?”, Yeonmi asked worriedly when she finally found me.

“*ACHUU* Too much… *ACCHU* flowers…”, I sneezed more.

“Breathe Yerin…”, she helped me wipe my watery eyes.

We were on that situation when Jonghyun came in. He looked at me, confused and worried.

“What happened to her?”, he asked.

“Oppa, she’s allergic to flowers and she too much exposed to it.”, Yeonmi explained.

“She’s allergic to flowers?!?”, Jonghyun exclaimed with a horrified look on his face.

I breathe more, trying to relax more and stopping the sneezes from coming out.

“What happened to her?!?”, the four other boys came in rushing.

No one answered their question. Jonghyun is just frozen on his spot, looking at me and Yeonmi is busy trying to help me feel better.

“See what you did? Are you happy?”, I looked up at Jonghyun and stared at him sharply.

“I-I’m sorry… I didn’t know…”, he stuttered.

“Yerin stop. You should relax first.”, Yeonmi held my shoulder, trying to stop me when I stood up and walked to Jonghyun.

“Leave us here, please.”, I told her and the other boys.

They were hesitant at first but they have nothing to do but to comply on my request and leave me and Jonghyun alone.

“I’m really sorry Yerin. I don’t know you’re allergic to flowers.”, he stepped closer to me and tried to hold me but I jerked his hands away.

“Don’t touch me! “, I yelled.

“Yerin, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to bring you harm. I swear, I don’t know you’re allergic to flowers.”, he explained with regret on his face.

“Now you know? Are you happy with the result?”

“No! Of course not. I just wanted to surprise you…”, he trailed off.

“I’m surprised. Very surprised… you know I don’t understand why you have to do all of these and in front of a lot of people. Why do you have to do it?”, I tried to speak clearly even though I still don’t feel well.

“It’s because I like you! I like you and I want to prove it to you. You won’t accept me that’s why I’m doing a lot of things to caught your attention.”, he yelled, trying hard to explain.

I narrowed my eyes and looked at him mockingly.

“You know what’s your problem? You’re so selfish. That’s the exact reason why I don’t like you. You don’t care whether I will like what you’ll do or not, what’s just important to you in to execute your silly plans and get what you want.  You don’t consider things first before doing something. And that’s why I will forever hate you!”, I yelled and tried my hardest to speak clearly.

I’m having a hard time talking not because of the sneezing feeling or the itchy throat. It’s actually because those words were hard to say for me. I don’t want to hurt him but he needs to learn his lessons.

I’m thankful that because of the allergy, my eyes were understandably watery. It will not be obvious that I’m starting to tear up because I’m hurting myself too.

I threw him one last glance before I went out of the room.

“Yerin. I’m sorry…”, he held my hand and whispered his apologies with teary eyes.

I looked away, avoiding those hurting eyes of him.

“Don’t ever show up again.”, I said and quickly ran away.

 I found Yeonmi and the boys outside, waiting for us to come out.

-----

“Sit first.”, Yeonmi said when we were already in my room.

Key and Minho brought insisted to bring us home despite of my strong refusal. I don’t want to them to see me on that state and I also don’t want them to notice that aside from the allergy, there’s more that’s causing tears in me.

I sat down and took the glass of water Yeonmi is handing me. She put the glass away after I finished drinking then she sat beside me.

“Are you okay now?”, she asked while rubbing my back to bring me comfort.

I just nodded and wiped the tears in my eyes but more are coming out and sobs can also be heard from me.

“Yerin, I know your eyes are watery not just because of the allergy.”, she said softly.

I looked at her and saw her worried expression which just brought more tears to run down from my eyes. I hugged her and let all the sobs I’m trying to hold since I left Jonghyun in the classroom.

“I’m ready to listen.”, she hugged me back and caressed my back.

I sighed and hugged her tighter before starting to explain.

“I thought I hate him… I tried my best to make myself believe that I don’t like him and will never like him. But I failed.”, I sobbed louder.

“So you like him too. Why are you holding your feelings back and making it hard for the both of you?”

“It’s because I know things won’t work between the two of us. Everything that I don’t like, he has it. How are we going to be okay with each other? ”, I sniffed.

“He likes you very much and I can see it. I’m sure everything will work out fine.”

I moved away from hugging Yeonmi and sat straight to face her.

“No it won’t. He’s so selfish. He doesn’t even want to change for me. How will you say that he’s really serious on liking me?”, I furrowed my brows.

“He really said that he won’t change for you?”, she raised an eyebrow.

“Not exactly like that. He said maybe he can’t change but it still has the same meaning. He doesn’t want to change and he’s not serious.”, I started to cry again.

Yeonmi swept my hairs away from my face and fixed it.
“You want my opinion about these and a bit of advice?”

I pouted and nodded.

“Changing is a big and hard thing to do. But even though it’s you’re talking about changing for good, I don’t think it’s the best thing to do to make relationships work.”, she stated.

I just looked at her, confused and can’t understand what she is saying.

She continued. “Acceptance is better than changing. If you two will accept each other’s qualities, good or bad, there’s no doubt that you’ll have a good relationship. As you spend, you’ll learn from each other and eventually make a small and natural change.”

I kept quiet and absorbed all her words. I’m still confused but I can feel that my worries are all starting to slowly go away.

“If we have opposite qualities, i’m sure we’re just going to fight often.”, I worriedly said.

She smiled. “Relationships aren’t fun if it’s too perfect. Remember that.”

I stared at a space and think about all what Yeonmi had said. Maybe it’s time to loosen the knot holding all my feelings. Giving chance isn’t harmful. I think I should give chance not only to Jonghyun but to myself also…

“I told him not to show up…”, i bit my lip trying to hold more tears from coming out.

“Let’s just wait for the next things to happen… but this time, no holding back. Try to go with the flow and everything will be fine, trust me.”, she smiled.

I smiled too. I smile of relief. Finally, I can do things freely…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun's request? It will be granted soooon~

Sorry for being selfish and not giving it on this chapter.

BY THE WAY, I WILL ANNOUCNE SOMETHING (a bit important) on the next chapter :<

So stay tuned, arasseo?

Jjong: mmmkay... >>> 

THANKS FOR READING ♥