13: My Fault Pt. 2

My SLY Fox

 

--Jonghyun’s POV—

“Hey Jonghyun, common! Get up now and we’ll go home!”, SoDam noona yelled at me.

But I just ignored her and continue to play with my iPad.

SoDam noona is my elder sister. She came to my house this morning, forcing me to come with her to our house.

“Jonghyun! Can’t you hear me? Let’s go now! Don’t be stubborn.”, she yelled once again.

“I said I don’t want to go home! I’ll stay here.”, I insisted.

“You’re injured and you’re alone here, no one will take care of you here so let’s go home now.”

I put my iPad on the bedside table and hid myself under the blanket. When she mentioned ‘no one will take care of me’, I remembered that I’m sulking today.    (he forgot that he’s sulking -___-“)

Yerin refused to take care of me. I don’t blame her that I got injured, but I can’t help to feel sulky that he rejected my request. I just wanted her to take care of me.

I peeked out my head a little outside the blanket.

“There’s still no one who’s gonna take care of me at home. Umma and appa is away because of business trip and you have to go to the office. There’s still no difference if I stay here or there.”

“But there are maids there who can take care of you!  Okay, if you don’t want to come with me, just at least call a girlfriend so there’d be someone who’ll take care of you.”

I just felt sulkier on what she said.

“I don’t have one.”, I pouted.

“Really, huh? Then just come with me! Stop acting like that!”

Our argument got interrupted when four boys went in my room. I hid myself again under my blanket.

“Oh? What’s with the yelling?”, I heard Key said when he got in.

“Annyeong SoDam noona.”, I heard them greeted.

“Good you’re here. Your friend here is sulking and being so stubborn for an unknown reason. I just wanted to take him home so someone could take care of him.”

“Oh noona, no problem. We got a SOLUTION to that.”, I heard Minho said. He emphasized the word ‘solution’ which caught my interest.

I came out of the blanket and froze when I saw Yerin, standing there with them.

“Yerin-ah!”, I yelled in surprise.

“Oh? Who is she? ”, noona looked at Yerin then to me, then to the boys.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Jin Yerin.”, she bowed politely in front of noona and smiled.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Are you Jonghyun’s girlfriend?”, noona asked her, she seemed to like Yerin, based on her smile.

Yerin’s eyes widened and her face immediately turned into bright red when she heard noona’s question.

I smiled on what I see. It’s the first time I saw Yerin blush and it’s really a scene worth seeing. She became prettier in my eyes. For the first time this morning, I became thankful that noona came.

“Noona, she’s not Jonghyun hyung’s girlfriend. They’re not even friends.”,  Onew said.

“It’s a complicated story noona so don’t ask more.”, Taemin added when he saw noona’s expression became confused.

“Oh well. I’m Kim SoDam, Jonghyun’s noona. You can just call me SoDam unni.”, she took Yerin’s hand and shook it.

“Uhmm, actually Unni, he got injured because of me. I’m really sorry.”, Yerin bowed politely again.

“Oh really? He deserves being hurt sometimes because he’s very stubborn. Just take care of him okay? I have to go now, I can’t stay long.”

“Bye unni.”, she smiled sweetly.

“We also have to go now. We just brought Yerin here and check if you’re okay.”, Onew said.

“Bye Yerin. Call us if you can’t take it anymore or you could just leave him alone here.”, Key said.

“Yah  Jonghyun-ah! Behave and don’t do something bad to Yerin.”, Noona said.

“Yah! That’s too much. Go now!”, I yelled.

They greeted goodbye again then they all went out, leaving me and Yerin alone.

“Is she really your sister?”, Yerin suddenly asked.

“Yeah, why? You thought she’s my girlfriend.”, I chuckled.

“No. Because she’s nice, total opposite of you.”, she frowned and went near me to check the bandage on my arm.

“Does it still hurt?”, she asked.

“Yeah. Specially when I woke up this morning. It’s really painful.”

“Have you taken your medicine?”

“Not yet.”

She raised her eyebrow, “And why?”

“I can’t. I still haven’t eaten breakfast.”, I smiled sheepishly.

I rolled her eyes and sighed. “I’ll go to your kitchen and cook.”

I nodded and carefully stood up from my bed to follow her to the kitchen. I sat to the kitchen counter while watching her as she scan my refrigerator.

She took out some eggs, bacon and some vegetables. She moves like a pro in the kitchen and it makes her more attractive.

“You know how to cook?”, I asked her.

“Of course. Yeonmi and I live away from our families, remember? Who would do it for us?”, she answered while preparing my breakfast.

After just a few minutes, I have toasted bread, fried bacon and egg, and stir-fried vegetables. Though it’s just a normal breakfast, I felt like it a special meal and I’m going to enjoy eating it.

After placing the foods in front of me, he leaned on the kitchen counter, across me, while watching me eat. But eating isn’t that easy for me now. I’m left handed but since I can’t use it right now, I’m holding the utensils sloppily with my right hand and the result, it’ll always drop from my hand and I can’t eat well.

“Don’t do it on purpose. You’re too obvious.”, Yerin said while eyeing at me.

“Though that idea sounds fun, I’m really not doing it on purpose. I’m left handed and used to eat using left hand.”, I explained trying to hold the utensils properly.

Yerin stared directly to my eyes, confirming if I’m telling the truth. I just looked back at her innocently. In the end, she sighed and took the fork from me.

“Stuff bacon between two breads. I like it that way. Thanks~.”, I requested with a big smile.

She threw me a last look then started making my request. After that, she handed me the bread and I happily took it.

“I thought you’re not going to come today.”, I said while eating the bacon stuffed bread she made.

“I don’t like you but that doesn’t mean I can’t express my gratitude on what you did.”

“My decision not to go home with noona is really great.”

She looked at me seriously.

“Why didn’t you just go home today? Someone will take care of you there.”

“No. They’re all busy and I’m just going to be with the maids all day. It’ll be more boring than staying alone.”, I explained.

She just nodded and kept quiet.

“Wait. How about your classes today?”, I suddenly asked when it crossed my mind.

“Of course I have to leave it first for me to come here.”

“Am I that important to you that you left your studies to be with me?”, I grinned.

She frowned and glared at me. “If you’re not injured, I could have hit you already,”

I chuckled then went serious.

“But kidding aside, sorry for that…”, I apologized sincerely.

“Just finish eating. Hurry up.”

After finishing my bread, I reached for the chopsticks to eat the stir fried vegetables but I can’t hold it properly. I smiled when Yerin took it from me. She took some vegetables with the chopsticks and let it to my mouth.

I giggled and look at the vegetables offered in front of my mouth. This scene is too great that I don’t want to eat the food yet so it won’t end soon.

Yerin furrowed her brows.

“If you’re not going to eat it, tell me so I could put the dishes away.”

“No, No, No… I’ll eat it.”, I took her hands holding the chopsticks and ate the food when she was about put it down.

“If this is what I get from being injured, I’ll often hurt myself on purpose.”, I smiled childishly.

“If you did that, I’m the one who’s going to hurt you and I’ll make sure you won’t recover easily.” She shoved the last vegetable harshly in my mouth then gathered the dishes.

“Yerin-ah…”, I called her when she’s washing the dishes.

“What?”, She faced me for a while.

“Thanks…”, I said in a gentle tone and with a gentle smile.

She just nodded and went back to washing.

While resting, we stayed in my room. I’m sitting on the edge of the bed and eating the fruits Yerin peeled for me while I’m watching her as she look around my room.

She looks amazed on my fox collections. She kept on smiling while looking each one of them.

“They’re my babies.”, I said.

“You really like foxes, huh?”, she picked up fox stuff toy and squeezed it.

“Yeah. REALLY. More than you expect.”, I chuckled.

“Why do you like them so much?”

“Because they’re like you?”, I joked but she just frowned at me.

“Come here. I’ll tell you a story that only my family and the four boys know.”

I thought she’s not interested on my story and will refuse to listen to me but to my surprise, she brought the swivel chair in front of me and sat there.

I smiled and started. “When I was a child, our family went to a forest to camp. It’s too boring for me so I’m just sitting on put campsite until I saw a fox, walking near me. It’s the first wild animal I saw and of course, as a child seeing a super cute animal, I chased it. In the end, I didn’t catch it and I got bitten by it. Since then, I got very interested to it instead of being traumatized.”, I smiled dreamily as I remember that scene.

“You’re weird.”,  she said with a little smile.

I felt something flinched inside me. It’s the first time she smiled while I was talking to her.

“We’re really improving, you know?”, I said.

“Improving on what?”, she gave me a weird look.

“it’s our second time having a nice, normal talk. And just now, I saw you smile, while talking to me, and it’s for the first time.”

“You know? If you keep reminding me that, I won’t talk to you anymore.”, she rolled her eyes.

“I just happily stared at her.

“You really don’t like me?”, I asked seriously.

She sighed. “Jonghyun, don’t start again.”

“I’m serious. Why don’t you like me?”

“I know you know the exact reason why.”, she said seriously.

“Can’t it change?”, I looked directly to her eyes.

We had eye contact for a few seconds and it’s the best less than five seconds of my life. But she cut it when she stood up and went back to looking at my collections.

“Yerin…”, I called her softly as I stood up and went beside her.

She stepped away from me but I grabbed her hand before she could step farther.

“Stop it now, Jonghyun. I’m trying to be nice to you so don’t ruin it.”, her fierce expression is slowly forming.

“Can’t you give me a chance? Like having a date so you can find out great things about me.”, I took a step closer to her, still holding her hands so she can’t get away.

“Jonghyun. I’m serious now. If you don’t’ stop this, I’ll go and leave you alone here. I don’t care if you can’t take care of yourself.”, she has that firing eyes that could possibly burn me.

I let go of her hand and took a step back.

“I’ll prepare lunch.”, she quickly went away from me and out of the room.

I just stood there for seconds, thinking of what just happened. I touched her… went near her, VERY NEAR… and I got to look at her at such distance like that.

I chuckled and stepped out of the room to follow her.

‘This is going to be a long persuading session…’

“Yerin-ah… Just a date~”, I said loudly in a whining tone as I got to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry because 12 & 13 are short. Itr's supposed to be 1 chapter but i divided it 'cause it'll be too long.

 This is me coz Dino puppy is back. 

Oh GAWWD ahfngbakjdfhahgnb  

DINO is back! Tomorrow, May 23, 2013, we'll see him again. TOO MUCH FEELS RIGHT NOW, almost 2 liters. :> ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

THANKS FOR READING