3: Bad Impression

My SLY Fox

 

--Jonghyun’s POV—

“The fox girl we saw earlier? Your classmate?”, I asked with wide eyes.

“Yap~. We already met her.”, Key said.

“Is she nice or she’s really fierce like what we saw earlier?”, Taemin asked.

“Actually, she’s very very very nice. I can’t imagine that she’s the girl that yelled at the boy this morning.”, Minho explained.

“Jin Yerin… Are you sure? It’s really her name?”, I asked excitedly.

I don’t usually act like this when it comes to girls. Girls come even I’m not approaching them so I really don’t put so much interest on them.

“Of course we’re sure. We even talked to her and she introduced herself.”, Key said, obviously making me envy.

“And we shook hands~”, Minho added while gently waving his hands in front of my face while grinning.

I grabbed his hand and stared at it as if I would still see some traces of Yerin’s hand there.

“You touched her hand?!? Ugh, I can’t let this happen. You already met her while me, she haven’t even seen me yet!”, I whined.

“Why put so much interest? Are you really serious? As in seriously already liked her?”, Onew hyung asked.

I paused for a while to think. ‘Do I like her already? That fast?’

I shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe? All I know is that she caught my attention so might as well just push for it.”

Onew hyung sighed. “Then, what do you plan to do next?”

‘Yeah, right. What am I supposed to do next?’, I asked myself…

----

“So… This is your plan, Jonghyun?”, Key asked with a mocking face.

We’re now outside Key and Minho’s classroom, and waiting for the cute girl. We still have few minutes before classes start. She’s still not inside the classroom.

“I’m not starting yet. I’m just checking if she’s really your classmate.” I reasoned out and looked around the corridor, hoping that she have arrived already.

“And why will we lie about her being our classmate?”, Key pouted.

“If we know, you really just wanted to see her again.”, Minho teased.

“Hyung, you just saw her yesterday and now you’re being obsessed. TSK TSK TSK.”, Taemin shook his head and laughed.

I looked at Taemin’s direction, while leaning on the wall.

“Could you pl—“, I was cut off and my eyes widened when I saw someone approaching.

I as stoned when I saw the girl we’re waiting for, walking towards us.

“What happened?”, I heard the boys asked when they noticed I wasn’t moving nor talking anymore.

I just continued to stare at the girl’s direction. They slowly turned around and saw the girl who’s already near us.

“Annyeong Yerin and YeonMi.”, I heard Key greeted her and her friend.

“I saw her smiled and greeted Key back which made me more stoned, just standing next to the wall.

Minho also greeted the both of them. I saw her looked at each of the boys who were smiling at her, she just smiled back.

While me, I can’t even manage to control my face and smile.

Her eyes finally landed on me. I wanted to smile but I really can’t. I got frozen just by her presence.

Her smile faded then turned to Key.

“We’ll go in now.”, she smiled for the last time then entered the classroom with her friend.

“Well, guys. We all witnessed Jonghyun hyung’s first move… being stoned in front of Yerin.”, Minho laughed histerically.

The other boys clapped their hands while laughing too.

I finally came back to my senses. I blinked a few times then looked at them.

“Man, what just happened to you?”, Onew hyung asked in between his laughs.

“I d-don’t know…I’m…I’m just shocked.”, I said wile breathing deeply.

“Looks like it’s going to be hard for you hyung.”, Taemin said.

We started to walk through the corridor, away from the classroom.

“Hard? For me? I don’t think so.”, I chuckled and walked confidently.

We passed by a bunch of girls standing in the corridor. I heard them murmur my name followed by a fangirl squeal.

“Oppa~”, they called sweetly.

I just looked at them blankly then looked straight again as I continue walking.

“Saw that? Who’s going to have a hard time now?”, I said proudly.

They chuckled and looked at each other.

“Don’t be so sure Jonghyun hyung.”, Key tapped my shoulder.

“Kim Jonghyun is not Kim Jonghyun for nothing.”, I grinned.

“Okay~”, they sang in chorus.

 

--Yerin’s POV—

“Kyaah! Yerin, we saw Key and Minho’s friends!”, YeonMi squealed.

We saw Key and Minho before we entered the classroom and they were with three other boys, their friends according to YeonMi.

“Yeah, we saw her friends. And so?”, I asked as we sat on our seats.

She rolled her eyes and sighed.
“What will I expect? You don’t even know them.”

I don’t really know who they are but YeonMi does. She said that they are popular here in school I don’t also know their names and I just discovered that Key and Minho are included to them.

“I can’t understand why they’re popular.”

“Didn’t you see them? So good looking~.”, YeonMi said dreamily.

“Uh well… they’re quite good looking, but I don’t care. As long as they’re nice…”, I paused.

When we saw them earlier, they acted nice. Key and Minho greeted and the others smiled at us, except for one…

When I looked at him, he didn’t even smiled at me. He just stared  and that’s kinda rude. Even his presence has a rude feeling, so might as well just ignore him. I never liked rude guys.

“Aishhh. I do’t know if you’re even a girl. You saw them and all you can notice is that they’re nice?”, she said.

I just smiled and fixed the things on my desk.

----

Vacant time…

After buying food at the cafeteria, I and YeonMi decided to just eat our snack at the school park. We sat on one of the benched under a large tree then started eating.

“Hey look. That’s Key and Minho with their friends, right?”, YeonMi pointed at a bench under a shed, across us.

“Yeah.”, I replied briefly and get back to eating again.

“Look at those girls looking at them. They have a lot of fangirls here.”, she said.

“Fangirls? Are they really that popular in our school?”, I asked, raising an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes. “How could you not know? Are you a student here? As you can see, every corner of this school, they are well known, specially to girls.”

I just shrugged and look at the bench where they are sitting and observed them.

Key and Minho, since I always see them because we’re classmates, I can tell that they’re nice and on what I see to the others, they seemed to be nice as well. JUST EXCEPT FOR ONE.

Aside from the rudeness I saw to him this morning, his also has ‘overly confident’ aura on him and I really don’t like it.

As I continue to observe them, I saw a bunch girls came near them, maybe their ‘fangirls’. I saw the girls handed something to them, mostly to the rude guy.

‘Seems like he’s more popular.’

I saw the four boys smiled and bowed to the girls after accepting the box and the girls were obviously happy. But that rude guy, he’s staring, or more likely glaring, to the girls who were handing him a box and he seemed to have no plans on taking the box from them. At the end, the poor girls just left, disappointed.

“How rude…”, I mumbled but YeonMi heard it.

“Who’s rude?”, she asked.

“Oh.. no.. just—“ I was cut off when she squealed while jumping on her seat.

“They’re coming here! Kyaaa!”, she squealed once more them calm and fixed herself.

“Annyeong girls.”, Key greeted when they finally came near.

I smiled then looked at YeonMi who’s obviously preventing herself from squealing.

“Oh by the way. I didn’t have a chance to introduce them to you this morning. Guys, this is Yerin and Yeonmi, our classmates.”, Key started introducing. I smiled at them.

“Then this is Taemin”, Minho pointed at a pretty boy who seemed to be the youngest. The boy named Taemin smiled at me and to YeonMi and I smiled back.

“This is Onew hyung.”, he pointed at a guy who is brightly smiling. I also smiled back.

“And this is J—“

“Jonghyun.”, the rude boy cut Minho’s introductions for him. He confidently reached his hands to me, for a hand shake, with a wide, proud smile.

I looked at his hand offered in front of me. Now I have proven that he’s really overflowing with confidence.
I ignored his hands, looked back at his face, and flashed a brief, fake smile that immediately faded. I went back to blankly looking at him.

I heard little chuckles from the other boys and the boy named Jonghyun, slowly took back his hands then looked away.

“Since you’re Key and Minho’s classmates, I guess we can be friends.”, The guy named Onew said.

“Of course we can! Let’s all be friends.”, YeonMi answered cheerfully. Of course she will agree to that.

“Well then, I think you’re my noona since I’m the maknae here. Can I call you noona?”, Taemin asked with his cute eyes.

I was just about to answer but YeonMi did it ahead of me.

“Of course. We’ll be your noona from now on!”, she said, still full of energy.

We were in the middle of our conversation when suddenly two girls came. They were bowing shyly and slowly stepping near the boys. They also have boxes on their hands.

“Oppa. For you…”, the girls said softly while handing one of the box to Minho and the other to Jonghyun.

“Aww. Komawo. You don’t have to do this but thanks for this.”, Minho nicely accepted the box, I think it’s chocolate.

I looked at Jonghyun who’s, again, glaring at the girl. He stared at the girl for a few seconds, he looks irrietated.
When he was about to open his mouth to say, or yell, something to the girl, Minho covered his mouth immediately.

“He’ll take it. I’m saying thank you for him. You can go now, thanks again.”, Minho smiled awkwardly and took the box with his other hand. The other hand still covering Jonghyun’s mouth.

‘Strike two, Jonghyun-ssi. Now I know you’re really rude.’, I thought.

When the girl finally left, Jonghyun yanked away Minho’s hands away from his mouth.

“Yah! How dare you cover my mouth. And you shouln’t have taken that!”, He yelled at Minho.

“It’s because I know you’ll just say something offending to that poor girl.”, Minho defended.

I raised my eyebrow.
‘He’ll say something offending to that girl? Strike three, mister.’

I stood up and picked up my bag. It’s better to just leave instead of seeing this guys and witnessing more of his rudeness. It might not end well for both of us.

“Uhm, We’ll go now, guys. Nice meeting you.”, I smiled and bowed to them.

I grabbed YeonMi’s hand, but she looked at me with protesting eyes. I just raised my eyebrow at her so she’d know that I wanted to leave, seriously. She just sighed and picked up her bag too.

“Ok. See you later. ”, Key said.

“Annyeong. Nice meeting you.”, the Onew and Taemin waved their hands, but Jonghyun, I don’t know what’s that expression on his face. Kinda disappointed and protesting? Maybe no.

I waved at them and we started walking away.

“As far as I remember, we’re not really going somewhere. But why we have to leave now? We’re still talking to them.”, YeonMi whined.

“I don’t like what I a witnessing there. That… Jonghyun guy, can’t you see how rude he is? It’s better to just leave before I can say things to him.”

“Aishh. We found new friends, but I think you found another enemy for this school year.”, She shooked his head and sighed.

‘Tss, I don’t really care if he’d be my enemy. But I’m sure he’s not going to be my friend.’, I thought as I try to calm myself. I’m seriously pissed to that guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~