10: Touchy Jonghyun

My SLY Fox

 

--Yerin’s POV—

I’m gathering and fixing my things, preparing to go home, when Key went to me.

“Yerin. You’re my partner~”, he said with a wide childish smile.

He was talking about our science project and our teacher made us partners for that project.

“Yeah. This will be an easy project for us.”, I smiled, picked up me bag then walked.

Yeonmi, Minho and Key followed and we all walked out of the classroom.

“You’re so lucky, you have been partnered to each other. I’m very sure you’re not going to have a hard time working on that project.”, Yeonmi said.

“I wish I could have been partnered with you or Yeonmi. It would be nicer.”, Minho pouted.

“As if you’re really going to help working with it. I’m sure you’re just going to leave all the work to whoever your partner is.”, Key said.

“Aww… Poor Minho’s partner.”, I shook my head then chuckled.

“Uhmm, Yerin. Is it okay if we start discussing about our project now? The due date is in two weeks and you know… I’m not always available because of the dance practice so I think we should start early.”, Key said.

“It’s okay for me oppa.”

“You’re going to start with the project already? I’m totally the outcome of this.”, Yeonmi giggled.

“I know ri—“, I was cut off when someone from beside me wrapped an arm on my waist.

I stopped from walking and glared to that someone who touched me but even though I don’t looked at him, I already know who it was.

And I’m right… It’s Jonghyun, grinning at me while his arm is still on my waist.

“It has been a month since he started following me around and annoying me. And now, I’m kinda used to his presence but I still don’t like him. I’m still not talking to him nicely and he’s not affected by that. He would still follow mw around and he has become touchier to me, like he is now.

“Stop touching me, will you?”, I removed his hand on my waist and continue walking.

He chuckled and followed me.

“Jonghyun hyung, you’re so going to envy me.”, Key grinned.

“And why?”, Jonghyun raised his eyebrow.

“Yerin and I were partnered for a project and we’ll be spending more time together.” Key wrspped his arm on my shoulder which brought Jonghyun’s eyebrow to rise higher.

Of course I didn’t remove Key’s arm on me, I’m comfortable with it.

“Really?”, Jonghyun said calmly as if he wasn’t affected.

“Why would I envy you? As if I’m going to let you just take away Yerin from me.””, he slowly removed Key’s arm on me.

“Whether you like it or not, we’re going to work on it ALONE because it a project and we’re partners.”, Key grinned at Jonghyun once again.

“I’ll come.”, Jonghyun smiled.

“Uhm… Jonghyun hyung. Maybe it’s better of you’d just come with us and leave Yerin and Key alone so they could discuss about their project.”, Minho tried to pull Jonghyun away but he won’t move

I closed my eyes tightly and breathe deeply. Handling Jonghyun is much more stressful than planning our project.

“Jonghyun look, you don’t have to be here. We’re not going to just play around. It’s a project. PROJECT.”, I tried to say calmly , hoping that he would leave us.

“Aww~ Yerin, you don’t have to explain. I’m not jealous ‘cause I trust you. I just wanted to come.”, Jonghyun said with a naughty smile.

“What?!?”, I blurted in disbelief. “ Jealous your face! I don’t care if you’re jealous or not and I’m not explaining! AISHHH… jinjja.”, I held my forehead to handle the stress and frustration Jonghyun is giving me.

“Uhmm, Minho oppa, I think we should go now. Let’s just find Onew oppa nd Taemin.”, Yeonmi said and pulled Minho away, leaving Jonghyun with us.

I looked at Jonghyun who seemed to have no plans of going. I glared at him, turned around and pulled Key somewhere we could discuss our project. And as expected, Jonghyun followed.

We sat on a bench under a big tree where it’s quiet.

“Okay, let’s make this planning quick, oppa. What shall we do first?”, I asked Key.

“I think we should start researching. Let’s research after classes the next days.”, Key said.

I nodded to his suggestion. Luckily, Jonghyun is just sitting quietly beside us.

“And I think this weekend, I’m free so we can start with the designs and everything.”, Key continued explaining.

“Okay… Where shall we meet then?”, I asked.

“My house?”, Jonghyun suddenly said.

“Key and I both glared at him and he slowly rested his back on the bench giving us a ‘surrender’ look.

“Is it okay if we’ll just work at our apartment so it’d be more comfortable?”, I said.

“It’s fine with me. You’re house, this weekend. I think that’s all for today.”, Key said and stood up.

I stood up also as well as Jonghyun.

“Let’s go!”, Jonghyun said cheerfully and grabbed my hand.

“Yah! Stop touching me!”, I tried to shake his hand off mine but he’s holding it tightly.

“I’ll drive you home.”, jonghyun said.

“No. I’ll find Yeonmi and we’ll go home.”, I stubbornly said.

“I’ll drive you home.”

“NO!”

“I’ll drive you home!”

“I said—“

Key came between us and pushed us away from each other.

“Wait, wait, wait. Stop guys. How about WE will just find Yeonmi and WE will drive both of you to your home so you two could stop arguing and give peace to each other.”

“Totally fine with me.”, Jonghyun said with a victorious smile on his face.

I closed my fist and eyes tightly to control the stress and anger I am feeling.

‘God, why do I have to experience this everyday?’

I breathe in and out then looked at Key.

“Okay, fine. Let’s go.”

Jonghyun was about to grab my hand again but I stopped him.

“NO TOUCHING!”, I yelled then went to Key’s other side to hide.

“Seriously, you two can’t be left alone even for just a day. I’m sure one will get injured.”, Key sighed.

“It’s fine with me to get injured. At least I got to spend a day with her alone.”, jonghyun grinned.

“No. You’re going to regret it. I’ll make sure you won’t get just minor injuries that you need to use wheel chair for the rest of your life.”, I glared at him but he just laughed.

“That’s fine with me too. I’m going to ask you to take care of me for the rest of my life as compensation.”, he winked.

“Never!”

----

*bbuing~ bbuing~*

I picked up my phone to check on the message that came and I frowned when I saw who it came from.

[FROM: Babo Jonghyun]

                Hey miss Yeowoo. Where are you?

I rolled my eyes and placed my phone back on the table, ignoring his message.

“May I guess? It’s Jonghyun, right?”, Key asked.

We’re at the library, doing our research as planned. It’s not the first message from Jonghyun I got from Jonghyun asking where am I.

“He’s asking where we are right now?”, Key asked again.

“Yes and he really won’t stop.”, I sighed the continue flipping the pages of the book in front of me.

Not long after that, my cellphone started vibrating. I turned it to silent mode because we’re inside the library. There’s an incoming call from Jonghyun but I declined it.

[TO: Babo Jonghyun]

                Could you please stop disturbing me? We’re doing something important.

I sent him a message as Key suggested and I immediately got a reply.

[FROM: Babo Jonghyun]

                I’m asking where are you? You want some snack? I’ll buy some for you.

[TO: Babo Jonghyun]

                Stop asking. I’m not going to tell you where I am. And if you ever find out, don’t you dare come here.

[FROM: Babo Jonghyun]

                You want me to find you? OKAY :) See you :*

 

“Aishhh… You know what’s Jonghyun’s IQ? He can’t even understand ‘don’t come’.”, I said weakly to Key.

“That idiot. He has become more stubborn when he met you.”, Key rolled his eyes.

“I don’t know why he has become your friend. He’s the total opposite of all of you.”

“We don’t know why either… By the way, did you tell Jonghyun hyung where we are?”

“No. But he said he’ll find us.”

“Well… I guess he’s good at hide and seek. He found us.”, Key pointed to my direction using his pouted lips.

I slowly looked back and saw Jonghyun walking towards our table.

“Found ya~”, he said and sat beside me.

“Who even told you to find me? I said don’t come.”

“I want to come… Have you eaten? I brought this.”

He took out a big chocolate bar from his coat pocket and handed it to me.

“Someone told me that chocolate help you to think better so I brought this.”

‘Aww… Chocolates… Why does he have to bring chocolates? Of all things, he brought my weakness.’

But of course, I held back myself from taking his chocolate. If I took it, I’m sure it’ll just give him more confidence and he’ll continue to chase me around.

“Yerin doesn’t like it. Give it to me.”, Key tried to reach the chocolate but Jonghyun held it away from him.

“It’s not for you.”, Jonghyun made a face.

Key looked at me with a puppy eyes, asking for help. It seems like he really wants it so I grabbed the chocolate from Jonghyun and handed to Key.

“Yah! What’s—“

“SHHHH.”, the librarian told jonghyun to keep quiet because his voice raised.

I stuck out my tongue at him to .

“At least you took it from me. I’ll just imagine that you ate it.”, He pinched my cheek and chuckled.

“Stop touching me.”, I whispered in a shouting way and yanked his hands away.

We continued doing our research and fortunately, Jonghyun stayed quiet. It’s good that sometimes, he knows when he needed to quiet and stop annoying me.

He’s just quietly watching us, or more likely watching me. He’s facing me with his arm on the table, folded upward and his head is leaning on it..

Though he’s quiet, I’m being disturbed that he’s looking at me all the time. I can’t move freely. He’s eyes on me were giving me a weird feeling. Maybe because of the way he’s looking at me. He’s eyes were staring at me deeply, as if he was memorizing every single detail of me, even how my soul looks like.

“Take your eyes off me. I can’t concentrate.”, I glared at him.

“Why? Conscious?”, he said softly followed by a soft chuckle.

“Of course not. It’s just disturbing.”, I defended.

“Well… you should be used to this all the time. You’ll be getting a lot of stares from me.”, he chuckled softly.

His eyes were directly looking on my eyes. I quickly looked down on the book in front of me and flipped its pages.

When he’s eyes were directly looking at mine, and he’s talking gently and softly, it’s hard for me to look back at him. And I hate that.

If his talking to me calmly and softly, he’s becoming another man in my eyes. I sometimes forgot that he’s the rude jonghyun hat I hate so much. I need to look away from him and remind myself whom I was really talking to.

“Don’t you have something to do? Your friends are all busy ad you’re the only one who is not.”, I said without looking at him.

“I’m busy right now…”, he smiled and looked closely at me.

I rolled my eyes.
“Don’t you have classes? You’re always just bumming around.”

“For jonghyun hyung, school is boring and uninteresting.”, Key explained while sneakily eating the chocolate, hiding from the librarian.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

“Who told you that? It’s the classes that is boring but school, it’s SO INTERESTING.”, he emphasized his last words and grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes ang looked away.

“Uhmm… I think Yerin likes those who are paying attention on their studies.”, Key said.

“Really?”, Jonghyun’s eyes widened and sat straightly.

He looked at me, asking for confirmation on what Key said.

I didn’t answer and just glared at him.

“Shall I study more?”, he leaned forward to me.

“Study so hard and don’t show up yourself to me.”, I said coldly.

“One command at a time, babe.”, he grinned.

“Babe your fa—“

He covered my mouth when my voice raise. I quickly jerked his hand away.

“How many times shall I tell you not to touch me?”, I stared fiercely at him.

“Even how many times you tell me, you won’t get it.”, he smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the lame and boring chapter.

This chapter serves as an introduction to the next chapter, and (maybe) to the other chapters.(?) And to make the story long. -____-" I'm really sorry. I'll try to make the next chapters nicer.

 SO PRETTY TT^TT