9: Using Her 'POWERS'

My SLY Fox

 

--Jonghyun’s POV—

“AAHH!”, I frustratedly flopped myself on the couch.

It’s weekend again and we’re just on our ‘headquarters’. It’s weekend so I can’t see Yerin. I wanted to go to their house but the boys won’t allow me. They would always stop me every time I try to head ot and go to her.

I turned ,y head on Key’s side and saw him talking on the phone.

“About the quiz… Yeah… I seriously needed to review. Okay, got that… I’ll study hard… Ne, arrasseo. BYE~.”, That’s how he talked over the phone.

By just listening to him and base on how he teases me by glancing at me, I could already tell who was he talking to.

“It’s Yerin, right?”, I immediately asked when Key sat down beside me.

“Yes… I was asking about our quiz.”, Key answered.

“Give me her number.”

For the whole week, I was bugging Yerin, asking her to tell me her phone number. But how consistent I am on asking her number, she’s also that consistent on saying ‘NO’.

I even used tricks on her such as borrowing her phone but she’s too clever to fall for that.

She would shout at me, ran away from me and even threaten me for another wild bite from her. I even asked her bestfriend to give Yerin’s number but it looks like she found a good bestfriend and Yeonmi’s loyalty is still on her.

“How many times will I have to tell you that you should get it from Yerin, not from us.”, Key said.

I know all four of them have her number but they won’t give it to me, in Yerin’s order.

“Taeminnie~ Can I have Yerin’s number now?”, I moves closer to Taemin’s seat, where he was playing video games.

“No hyung. Noona will surely kill me if I did that.”, Taemin said, not taking his eyes away from the screen.

“Then just lend me your phone.”, I tried to snatch his phone placed beside him but he quickly took it.

“Hyung. We really can’t give it. You don’t have permission from noona.”, Taemin stood up and sat on the other couch.

“But she won’t know. I won’t tell her.”, I whined.

“Yeah right. She won’t know. Aside from Yeonmi and us, who else could you ask?”, Onew hyung rolled his eyes.

“Hyung. Just ask it nicely to her.”, Taemin suggested.

“What else shall I do? I tried every way to ask it to her but she still won’t give it.”, I whined more.

“Then just give up~”, Minho laughed then picked up his phone.

He dialed a number and waited for the other line to pick up. He put his phone on loud speaker mode then grinned at me.

“Ne, oppa?”, I heard a sweet voice from the phone.

My eyes widened and quickly ran to Minho. He called Yerin.

“Yerin-ah, Annyeong! How are you?”, Minho talked to her while trying to block me fro snatching the phone.

“I’m fine. Why did you call?”

“Uhmm, Yerin. There’s someone here who’s bugging is to give your number.”, Minho threw mw a quick glance and continue blocking me.

“No oppa! Don’t give it.”

“Yah! Wae?”, I yelled so she could hear me over the phone.

“Because I don’t want to.”

I finally snatched the phone from Minho and ran away from him.

“Yerin please. It’s not –“, I was cut off when I heard beeping sound from the phone.

She already hung up.

“Aiishh…”, I glared at the phone then threw it to Minho.

He ran and catched it attentively.

“Yah! Give it back properly. I just bought this!”, Minho yelled.

I ignored him and flopped back on the couch.

----

“Hey Yeowoo~”, I greeted as I sat beside Yerin.

I searched for her and found her in the cafeteria, alone. I came alone too because Onew hyung has to practice singing, Minho has a soccer training, Key has a dance practice and Taemin has classes.

“Yeowoo?”, she raised an eyebrow at me.

“Yeah. Yeowoo… Fox.”, I briefly explained.

“Babo. Of course I know what Yeowoo is. We’re both Korean. I’m asking why are you calling me that?”

“Because you are my Yeowoo. My very untamed and sly Yeowoo.”, I winked.

“Cut it out. First, I’m not a fox and second, I’m not yours.”, she looked back to her food and continued eating.

“Why are you alone. Where’s Yeonmi?”, I asked, not taking my eyes off her, even for a second.

“With her boyfriend… Wait. Why am I even talking to you?”

“You should have a boyfriend, too. So you won’t be alone. AHEM!”, I faked a cough and pushed myself closer to her and scratched the back of my neck.

“I don’t need one. And if ever I’ll have one, I’ll make sure to pick a nice one…. Why are you here?”

“Oh about that. Now, can I ask your number?”

“Of course. You can ask as long as you want.”, she smiled.

“Really?”, I asked with sparkling eyes.

“Yeah. But don’t expect answers.”, Her smiled faded immediately and faced her food again.

I though she’ll really give me her number today. I’m always falling for that trick of hers. Whenever she smiles at me, I’ll quickly believe everything that she’d say. Then she’ll immediately get back to her cold face and crash the happiness I got from her simple smile.

“When will you give it to me?”, I asked like a child.

“When will you stop asking me?”, she asked back.

“Never.”, I smiled

“Then me too.  I’ll never give it.”

“Uuhhh! Why won’t you give it to me?”, I whined in front of her.

“Stop whining. It’s annoying.”

“Yerin please~”, I begged with puppy eyes.

This is my last weapon. Everybody falls on my puppy eyes and they can’t say no.

Hopes started to build up inside e when I saw her pause for a moment. But all these hopes went down when her expression changed to an ‘unpleased look’.

“Stop that! That’s the most annoying act I have ever seen.”, she said and gave me a ‘that’s-so-gross’ look.

“AHHH! JINJJA!”, I yelled as I stretched my arms on the table and bury my face there.

She stood up and patted my back.

“Fighting!”, she smiled at me mockingly then went away.

I wanted to shout, jump up and down and roll around because of frustration. This is harder than I thought. She’s the first girl that I asked for number and she doesn’t even pays attention to me.

I sat properly, folded my arms up and rested my chin on top of my clasped hands to think.

‘If I can’t get it from her and her friends… Who else should I ask?’

I thought of someone but turned that option down immediately. But when I have no more person to think of, I considered that someone again.

‘Maybe this would work…’

I stood up and walk out of the cafeteria to carry on with my plan.

----

I came out from behind the post I was hiding when I saw that person approaching.

He’s alone and that’s perfect. I saw him walking confidently, arms swaying back and forth and whistling.

I stood in front of him, hands tucked inside my pockets, to block his way.

“You’re Jaesun, right?”, I asked confidently.

“So what?”, he answered rudely and tried to walk again but I blocked him with my arm and pushed him back, in front of me.

“What do you want?”, he asked, obviously pissed.

“Do you know who am I?”, I asked calmly but with rudeness.

“You’re Kim Jonghyun, one of the popular students here. But I don’t give a damn.”, he twitched the side of his lips.

“I don’t give a damn on you too. I just wanted to ask something.”

“What?”, he asked irritably.

“You’re Yerin’s classmate, right?”

“So what?!? You blocked my way and wasted my time just to ask about that?”, he rolled his eyes then tried to pass beside me but I blocked him again.

“I’m not done asking yet. You know her phone number?”

“Phone number? Do I look like a phonebook to you?”

“Don’t answer me with another question. DO YOU HAVE HER NUMBER?”, I asked, emphasizing my question to show my impatience.

“Why are you asking me? Why don’t you ask her?”

“She won’t give it to me. So will you please answer my question? Do you have it?”, I raised my voice a bit because of growing impatience.

He laughed bitterly.

“It’s not my fault if she doesn’t like to give it to you. And if ever I have her number, I won’t give it to you too.”, he looked directly at my face.

“Give it.”, I commanded with authority.

“Why would I? Even if you’re Jonghyun, I’m not scared to you.”, he bumped me and passed by.

He’s so hard to talk to.
‘Time to let out my tramp card.’

“But I know you’re scared to Yerin.”, I smirked.

He stopped from walking when he heard me. He slowly turned around and faced me again.

“What does it have to do about this? I’m not doing anything and I’m sure she’ll even thank me that I didn’t give her number to you.”, he smiled but I can see a bit of unsureness on his face,

I slowly took steps closer to him while my smirk is growing bigger and bigger.

“Yeah, right. But she hates bullies, right?”, I asked.

“I-I’m not bullying her… or you. You’re the one who’s bullying here.”, he’s trying to look strong but I know that he’s already having hint on what am I talking about.

“But does she know that someone here is bullying a freshman student?”, I grinned at him.

‘I’m going to win this.’

Of course, I won’t carry on with my plan without a secret weapon. I saw him one afternoon, he’s bullying a nerd freshman student, forcing him to do his homework.

“W-what are you talking a-about?”, he stuttered.

“Don’t deny it. I saw it with my own eyes. How will I tell Yerin that she has a classmate bullying a helpless nerd? I wonder what will be her reaction.”, I said then looked up, as if really wondering.

I saw him bit his lower lip then his face softened.

“I d-don’t have her number either so I can’t give it to you.”, he said.

I succeeded on taming him.

“Then find ways. I’m sure your other classmates have her number. BUT! Except YeonMi.”

“Why do you want her number?”, he asked again.

“That’s none of your business. Remember this, I need her number before this day ends.”

“But—“

“I really wonder how would Yerin react if I told her what I know~.”, I turned around and about to walk away.

“Okay, Okay. I’ll get it for you.”, he chased after me.

“Good boy. Another thing. Don’t you ever dare to tell Yerin where I got her number or else, you'll be doomed, TWO TIMES.”, I threatened him.

“Okay fine!”, he said then quickly ran away.

I grinned. ‘Yerin is so powerful…’

­

--Yerin’s POV—

*Unni~ Pick up the phone~ Unni~ *

I got startled when my phone rang. I was on the brink of sleeping but got disturb of this late night caller. When I picked up the phone and check the caller ID, unknown number appeared.

“Yoboseyo?”, I answered.

“Finally you picked up!”, I heard a man’s voice on the other line.

And that voice… I know whose that voice…

“Where did you get my number?”, I asked coldly.

I knew he won’t really stop until he got my number. But where did he get it? I’m sure none of the four other oppas gave it to him, and also YeonMi.

“I have my ways… Did I disturb your sleep?”, he asked.

“Actually yes. So if you don’t mind, I’ll hang up now.”

I was about to press the end call button but he stopped me.

“Wait! Don’t end it yet. I just wanted to talk to you for a while.”

“We have nothing to talk about, and do you know how late it is for calls?”

“You owe me something, remember? You bit me and it bruised.”, I can hear his pout on the way he talks.

“It’s your fault so I don’t owe you something. And I have to sleep now.”

“Yerin. Just for a while. Talk to me at least for a minute.”, he said softly.

I could have just end this call right away but I can’t. Something is holding me back from doing it and I don’t know what is it.

Maybe his voice? It’s sound so good over the phone. Low….husky…gentle…

‘What the hell are you thinking Yerin. Have you forgotten who are you talking to?’

“I’m feeling so sleepy now and I can’t stay talking anymore… so please let me sleep now.”, I tried to sound irritated.

“You can sleep while I’m talking to you, it’s fine with me. I want to be the reason why you fall asleep with your phone on your hands. At least, I got to be the last person you talk to before your day ends…”, he said that with a very gentle voice that I can’t even answer back rudely.

I stayed quiet, waiting if he still wants to say something.

“I that happens, there’s a 60% chance, I guess, that you’ll be dreaming of me…”, he chuckled softly.

His words took me in a sudden trance. I never heard those words from anybody. Though it’s sounds really cheesy, it brings a certain joy to me. Now I understand YeonMi when she’d smile like an idiot every time Jinyoung would tell her cheesy lines.

“Yerin…”, Jonghyun called softly.

That’s when I got back to myself and got to think properly. I remembered that it was Jonghyun I was talking to, the rude Jonghyun that I hate.

“This is enough Jonghyun. I have to sleep now. Don’t you ever bother me again at night.”, I said and immediately ended the call before he could even talk again and hold me back from hanging up.

‘Seriously, it’s not good to hear cheesy lines when you’re really sleepy. It affects the brain negatively.’

I laid back positioned myself comfortably on my bed and tried to catch the sleep I had earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just wanted to share how Y KEY is. ♥♥♥

Don't ya ever do that thingy again KEY *drools*  ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

THANKS FOR READING !