1: The Obsess and The Fierce

My SLY Fox

 

--Jonghyun’s POV—

**KRRIIINNNGGGG**

I irritably reached the alarm clock beside my bed and turned it off. Though I still don’t want to get up because I really hate waking up early, I don’t have a choice. Today is the first day of classes and I know, in any minute now, my friends will be here to pick me up.

I lazily walk and headed to the bathroom for a nice morning shower. Then after getting dressed, I went out of my bedroom for breakfast.

I’m leaving alone in the house that my parents gave me. I wanted to enjoy freedom at young age so I asked them if I could live separately, and luckily, they agreed. But I’m not totally living ‘independently’. They would still support all my needs, specially luxuries. They would even send maids sometimes from our house to here so there would be someone who’ll clean.

‘This is life….’

I headed to the kitchen and went to the dividers where the bowls and plates are placed. I scanned it and smiled when I saw my newly bought ‘BABY’. It’s a fox head shaped food bowl, and I just bought it yesterday when I saw it in the mall.

Though I know it’s childish, I love collecting everything that is related to foxes. Collectibles, toys, pillows and more. I have this certain liking, uhm no.. ADDICTION, to foxes. I think they’re really cute, interesting and unique, in a way, so I like it. Actually, when you enter my room, you would think you have entered a Fox Sanctuary. Everything has fox prints and designs.

I grabbed my bowl and a cereal box, I toasted some breads, grabbed a box of milk then I sat to the kitchen counter and started eating.

Not long after I had my first bite, I heard the main door of the house opened. Then after a few seconds, four boys entered the kitchen. Onew hyung, Key, Minho and Taemin walked straightly to me.

They were my friends since childhood. We grew up together because all our parents are close friends. We were like brothers to each other.

Onew hyung and I are both on our Senior year, Key and Minho are both on their Junior year while Taemin is still a Sophomore.

“You’re still not ready to go? You know what time is it? We’re gonna be late on our first day!”, Key approached me with both hands on his waist. The others followed and they all gathered around me.

“Tss. As if I care…”, I rolled my eyes and continued eating.

For me, school is so boring. Not that I’m not good at it, I just find it uninteresting.

“Hyung. First day of school, it’s fun.”, Minho said with a wide smile and high fived with Taemin with grins on their faces.

“Fun? I’m sure you just wanted to go to school for ‘girl hunting’.”, Key glared at Minho.

“Us, maybe. But for Jonghyun Hyung, Fox Hunting.”, Minho said that made everyone laugh, I just glared at him.

I got what he’s trying to say. They’re my friends so they know everything about this Fox addiction thing. They also know the type of girl I like, and it also has something to do with foxes.

Attractive girls, for me, are those who look like foxes. Pointed and narrow eyes, small but cute nose and small face. But more than physical looks, I like girls that are sweet, cute but in a natural way and because foxes are wild animals, being strong, tough and clever are the main points.

“Oh! Speaking of fox, looks like Jonghyun hyung has a new baby here.”, Taemin said while pointing at my bowl.

“I just bought it yesterday. It’s cute, right?”, I said. My mood suddenly went up. I like it when my ‘babies’ are being noticed.

“Another stuff added to your collection.”, he sighed, “I wouldn’t be surprised if one day you’ll decide to turn your house in a Fox sanctuary.”, Onew hyung said.

“I wish it’s possible. I’ll do that right away, if it is.”, I said then finished my toast in a bite.

“I totally understand you. If I could only turn my house into a chicken sanctuary, I will too.”, He stared at the air dreamily.

“Enough, guys. We’re gonna be late.”, Key interrupted.

I sighed after I finished my cereal and I stood up.

“Though it’s still early, let’s go.”, Taemin said and they all stood up.

“Wait. I’ll just clean this.”, I told them and went to the sink to wash my bowl. Of course I won’t leave my precious bowl dirty.

“Aisshhh.”, I heard them sighed.

I put my bowl back to its place, I grabbed my bag then we headed out.

“What’s so fun about school…”, I mumbled. “Let’s use one of your cars, I’m too lazy to drive now.”, I suggested.

We all have our own cars, but sometimes, we would head out using one car. Just because…. we want to be together always? Kekeke

We all agreed to use Minho’s car. Then we drove off to school.

 

--Yerin's POV—

“YeonMi! Will you please hurry?”, I yelled outside her room.

“Almost done!”, she yelled back.

YeonMi is my bestfriend since elementary. We are living together in an apartment since we entered highschool. We have our own families, but we just wanted to experience living free, and it’s also more convenient for us because our apartment is nearer to the school than our own houses.

YeonMi finally came out of her room, and in her hands, she’s holding her bag and stuffs, still not prepared and packed.

“Not done yet? We’re gonna be late! First day, remember?”, I said and went to her.

“We’re not going to be late, okay? We still have lot and lots of minutes before classes start.”, she said as he continue to pack her school stuffs.

I rolled my eyes and sigh. “Aishh. Just hurry.”, I flopped on the sofa while watching her prepare her things.

“I heard that they rumbled the students from sections to sections this year.”, YeonMi told me excitedly.

“Why are you so excited about that?” I raised an eyebrow

She rolled her eyes, “Duh? New classmates, new faces. I wonder if there are a lot of cute guys was moved to our sections.”

“Aishh , this girl. Are you going to school to study or just for boys?”

She chuckled and sat beside me, “You know? That’s the reason why you still don’t have a boyfriend.”

“And how is that related?”, I asked and frowned.

She’s right, I still don’t have a boyfriend but I don’t care. I have no boyfriend not because I’m ugly or something, actually, I already experienced dates a few times,  it’s just that I don’t easily like a man and accept him right away as my partner. I have a lot of things to consider first such as personality, impressive points and to top it all, ATTITUDE. I so hate rude, stubborn and conceited guys. Specially those who are over confident when it come to girls, those guys that are thinking that they are ‘God’s Gift’ to girls.

‘Ughh. I just so hate those guys…’

“Yerin, Why don’t you try to be a little nicer for this school year?”, YeonMi

“Nicer? I AM nice and sweet~”, I said then smiled super sweetly to her, with matching cutely blinking eyes.

She chuckled. “Yeah yeah. You’re nice. You just tend to be a bit – uhm no, I mean, REALLY tough and scary sometimes.”

“Of course, I’m being like that because they’re doing something wrong to me. What do you expect me to do, smile sweetly though there’s a rude guy in front of me?”

“You remind me of something…..like… “, she rubbed his chin while thinking, “Oh! A fox!”

I raised my eyebrow and looked at him with a confused face. “A fox?”, I asked

“Yeah, a fox. I’ve read that somewhere. Foxes looks so cute and lovable BUT they’re actually wild and fierce.”, she explained.

“Is it a compliment that you meant I’m cute and lovable?  But should I be happy that I’m being compared to an animal?”, I chuckled.

“You don’t really get my point.”, she chuckled and picked up her bag.

“Enough of this. I don’t wanna be late. Let’s go.”, I pulled her to walk and we headed to the school.

We walked while happily talking until we reached the school. We’re on our way to our building when I noticed a group of girls blocking our way.

“What are they doing there?”, I asked to YeonMi.

“They seemed to be waiting for someone.”, she answered.

We finally came near them and we’re about to pass but they’re blocking our way. They seemed to be our sunbaes (seniors) so I need to act nice. I don’t want bad impressions from my sunbaes.

“Uhm. Unnies. Excuse me. Sorry to disturb you but we need to pass.”, I bowed politely and smiled sweetly.

The girls turned to me and smiled.

“Oh sorry if we’re blocking you. We’re just waiting for someone. You could pass now.”, One of them said and they all gave way to us.

“Kamsahamnida sunbaes.”, I bowed again and smiled before we pass.

“Oooooh. That’s the super sweet and nice Jin Yerin.”, YeonMi teased.

“Told ya~ I’m sweet and nice.”, I giggled.

We continued to walk until we reached the entrance of our building. We were about to enter when a group of boys rushing while playing with each other suddenly passed and hit me.

My bag fell down and the group of boys stopped and looked at me. I looked down at my bag, it opened and my stuffs all came out.

I slowly looked up at the boys in front of me. They are just standing and looking back at me, obviously with worried/scared face, specially the guy in front.

 “Oh no. That’s the ‘Not-Nice’ Jin Yerin.”, I heard YeonMi mumbled.

‘I know this guy.’, I thought as I looked at him fiercely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNYEONG READERS :) I'm back with another fic! 

Hope you support this too. :* kamsahamnida yeorobun.

Oh, BTW, do you understand the concept of the 'Fox-Like Attitude' in this story, or it's kinda not clear. Please let me know so I could fix it soon :)

READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE ♥