38: "I Trust You"

My SLY Fox

 

 

--Authors's POV--

“Wait.”, Jisoo held her hand up in front of Jonghyun to cut off his narration. Then she looked at him weirdly.

They're on a cafe to hang out after classes. Jonghyu remembered something and excitedly shared it to Jisoo.

“So you're telling me that Yerin is jealous of me?”, she asked.

“Exactly.”, he nodded.

“And you're telling me that with a happy expression on your face?”, she asked once again with a growing confusion.

“Uhuh. I'm definitely happy.”, Jonghyun nodded again and took a sip on my juice.

She furrowed her brows. “You're happy? Is that even normal? I thought men should be cautious if their girlfriends are being jealous.”

“But I'm not. I'm happy because normally, she really doesn't pay attention to girls around me. But now, at last, she became jealous and that means she cares for me.”

“Okay, that reason seems to be acceptable. But really, she doesn't get jealous before?”, she asked in disbelief.

“Really. This is the first time.”, he assured.

“I told you I'm really something.”, She flipped her hair and smiled proudly.

“Well she doesn't really have to be jealous. I even introduced you to her so that means I'm not hiding anything. And I told her we're friends.”

Upon hearing what he said, Jisoo's smiled slightly faded but Jonghyun didn't noticed it. She forced a little smile then looked at Jonghyun.

“Y-yeah. We're... we're friends.”

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

I decided to go to our hangout place when I got a free time. It's been quite long since I went there and hangout with the boys because of my tight school schedule. When I got there, I haven't even opened the door yet but I can already hear their loud conversation and hearty laughs.

“Guys, I'm here!”, I cheerfully greeted when I opened the door and got in.

The boys clapped but giving me a teasing look.

“Woah. Looks who's here~”, Onew said.

“Our lover boy have come.”, Key added.

“What's with that greeting?”, I asked cluelessly.

“Hyung. We've heard you didn't went home last night and slept somewhere.”, Taemin wriggled his eyebrows.

Minho got up from his seat and shook my hands.

“Congrats bro.”

I frowned as soon as I got what they were talking about. I threw Minho's hands off mine and pushed him aside.

“Yah. It's not what you're thinking. I just slept at Yerin's house because it's already too late to go home.”, I explained.

“But you still slept there.”, Key looked at me meaningfully.

“Yeah, I slept there and that's it. I JUST slept there.”

Their eyes are all narrowed while looking at me suspiciously. I doubt that they're believing me.

“You? Kim Jonghyun? JUST SLEPT there? I don't think so...”, Minho shook his head while eyeing at me.

I grabbed a couch pillow and threw it to him. “I'm not like you.”

Minho threw back the pillow but I caught it then I went to sit with them.

“Wait. I'll share something interesting.”, I started.

“What is it?”, they asked in chorus as they all gathered and leaned forward to me?

“Just last day, finally, Yerin got jealous.”

They all raised eyebrows and got silent for a while.

“So... that's something interesting you are talking about?”, Key asked.

“Yeah. Yerin doesn't normally get jealous, remember?”

They all threw pillow at me making a 'pfff' sound.

“Girls normally get jealous so what's so interesting about that? You're just too overacting.”, Minho said.

“You're not even happy for me?”, I frowned.

“Congrats.” Onew and Taemin lamely greeted in chorus without even looking at me.

I rolled my eyes and stood up to get a drink. I took out a soda from the fridge the a calendar caught my attention. I scanned it shortly and smiled when I found the date I was looking for.

'Our anniversary...'

Actually, it's still a few months away but I'm getting excited already. It's an important event so I need to prepare for it. I want to do something really special for her.

'I think I already know what to do.', I smiled as a great idea came to me then I headed back to join the conversation of the boys.

--Yerin's POV--

“I'm on my way.”, I told Jonghyun over the phone while walking to my destination.

“Pff. Why do you have to go shopping with Key? We can shop together.”, he said.

“If only you're not busy then you really should be the one with me. But since you're not free, I'll be with Key oppa.”, I giggled.

When I'm already near the cafe where me and Key will meet, I already saw him waving at me at the entrance.

“Hey. I'm already here. Key oppa is here too.”

Key snatched the phone from me when I already got near him then winked at me then he turned the loud speaker on.

“Yah Jonghyun hyung. Since you're busy and you don't have time for your girlfriend, I'll replace you for a while.”, Key told Jonghyun over the phone.

“Yah what replacement are you talking about? You better behave Kibum.”

“Ne~ I'll take care of your Yerin well.”, Key said in a teasing tone then he passed the phone to me.

“Jonghyun, we'll go now. Let's talk later.”, I said then hung up.

“You're boyfriend is being overprotective. I think I know what Sehun is feeling everytime Jonghyun would take you away from him.”, he said and he lead me to his car.

“No. I think that's nothing compared to what Sehun is feeling because of Jonghyun.”, I giggled.

 

We went to the mall to start shopping. I have already expected that this will be a very tiring day because Key will definitely go shop to shop and won't stop until he had roamed the whole mall.

The firs shop that caught Key's attention is an accessory shop. We went in and I waited as he picks what to buy.

“Here's your item, miss. Thank you and please come again.”, I heard the saleslady said and when I looked at her direction, I saw a familiar girl whom the saleslady is talking to.

“Jisoo?”, I mumbled as I take a better look at the girl and when I already that it was really her, I called her.

“Jisoo-ssi~”, I called cheerfully.

She looked at me and I'm sure she saw me because she even stared at me for a while but she just glared away and continued walking past me, completely ignoring my call.

I followed her with my eyes as she goes out of the shop. I felt a bit embarrasses that I got ignored.

“You know her?”, Key asked me.

“Y-yes. She's Jonghyun and Onew's friend. We've already met before.”

“Are you sure it's her?”, Key asked with a concerned look.

“Yes.”, I said, still puzzled why did she ignored me.

Key looked at the direction where Jisoo went but she's not there anymore.

“Don't mind her. Let's just have snack first before wandering around.”, Key lead me out of the accessory shop and forgot about buying his accessories already.

I'm still absorbed by the thought of what happened even when we got to a snack bar and started eating. I can't understand why did she ignored me. When we've met, though I didn't felt that welcomed by her, I can say that our meeting went out well. I'm not comfortable with the idea that someone ignored me for some unknown reason.

'Did I do something wrong to her?'

“So, I heard from Jonghyun that you got jealous over someone.”, Key tried to start a conversation.

I nodded. “Yeah. He even told you about that?”

“Actually he's boasting about that.”, he said then we both laughed.

“I'm curious who is that person you got jealous of and why?”, he asked.

My smile slightly faded when I remembered Jisoo. I sighed and answered Key.

“It's the girl earlier at the shop...”, I trailed off.

“That rude girl who ignored you?”, he frowned.

I just nodded.

“Why did got jealous of her? Knowing you, I'm sure there's a reason.”

I sighed. “Nothing really big. I'm just not used that Jonghyun has friend who's a girl. It's the first time that I've seen him close to a girl. And I don't but I can feel something uneasy about her.”

Key nodded, understanding my explanation.

“Don't worry. Take my word, there's nothing to be jealous at that girl. Whether she is my friends' friend or not, I don't like her. Don't mind her.”

I smiled and nodded. But I still don't feel okay on what happened. Maybe there's some issues that I don't know that made her ignore me like that.

“Key oppa, being Jonghyun's friend...”, I trailed off.

It's kinda weird for me to ask this question but I just felt that I needed it to somehow feel secured.

“What is it?”, Key asked me to continue.

“You know Jonghyun don't take relationships serious before. As a friend, you have seen all of it and you already know him so well. Y-you think...”, I paused for a while to deliver the question well. Key leaned forward, waiting for my next words.

“D-do you think I have the right to feel secured? I m-mean... I don't easily get jealous because I trust him a lot. I m-mean... I... AISHHH. Do you understand what I am trying to say oppa?”, I gave up on trying to put the right words. It's uncomfortable to ask this kind of question.

Key chuckled and patted my head. “Yes I understand what you're trying to ask. So all in all, you're asking if it's possible that Jonghyun might do something not good?”

I nodded. “Something like that.”

“Well, I can't really give definite answer to that because it's you and him who is on a relationship. But I have witnessed your 'unusual love story' from the start and I have seen the things that Jonghyun did all because of you. Those things that I didn't imagine he can do for someone. He have changed a lot and I think that's something you can hold on to.”, he held my hand and smiled at me.

I somehow felt relief on what I have heard from him. It eased my worries which I don't even know where did it come from. I just felt some insecurity 'again' when I remembered how close Jisoo and Jonghyun are.

“Thanks oppa. That helped.”, I smiled.

“I know, I'm great.”, he flipped his imaginary long hair.

---------

After shopping with Key, I went straight to Jonghyun's house because he called me. I went straight in and searched for Jonghyun inside the house.

“Hey Jjong, I'm here.”, I called loudly but I didn't get any response.

I went to his room but went in, is empty and all is saw is his opened laptop, open notebook and scattered papers on his bed.

“Jjong, I'm here in your room.”, I called once again a I draw near his bed. To look at the mess on his bed. He guess he forgot to close his laptop again.

When I got near and was about to take a good look at his laptop, out from nowhere, he appeared beside me and immediately closed the laptop and hid it away from me.

“I'm just going to close it for you.”, I looked at him weirdly.

“Yeah. Thanks. I already closed it.”, he said uneasily.

“Look at this mess on your bed.”, I bent to pick up the papers and the notebook but he quickly took it and put it away.

“What's your problem?”, I eyed him.

“N-nothing...Let's go to the kitchen, I made a bubble tea.”, he said and lead the way to the kitchen.

I looked at him suspiciously from his back. I'm not that dumb to not feel that there's something weird going on and he's hiding something from me. Usually, he would just let me check his laptop and even his phone. But now, it's different.

When we got to the kitchen, he handed me the bubble tea in a tall glass and we sat on the kitchen counter.

“Are you hiding something?”, I looked at him suspiciously once again.

He innocently looked at me and shook his head.

“None... Oh by the way, how is the shopping experience with Key, it's so tiring isn't it?”

With his question, I remembered my encounter with Jisoo earlier at the mall. I'm thinking if I should tell Jonghyun about it or just let it pass.

“Jonghyun... Jisoo and you, are you talking about me?”, I asked.

“Why asked that suddenly?”

“Nothing...”

“Well, sometimes we talk about you but we haven't really talked about something important about you.”

“Acutally Jisoo...”, I hesitated to tell him.

“Jisoo what?”

“Nothing. Forget about it.”, I decided not to tell him anymore. Maybe Jisoo has reasons why she ignored me. Or maybe, she really doesn't like me and I can't do anything about that. If i told Jonghyun about it, I would just mess with their friendship so I'll just let it pass.

He nodded and I just kept quiet afterwards.

“Wait. Don't tell me you're still jealous.”, he grinned and leaned forward to me.

“Of course not. It just crossed my mind.”, I glared at him.

“Good.”, he gave me a peck on my lips then smiled childishly.

I looked at him and I felt a kick of worry inside me. Though it's kinda unrelated, I can't help myself from connecting Jisoo's attitude towards me and Jonghyun's weird actions earlier.

I believe I'm being paranoid but I will just try to hold on to what Key told me.

'I trust you Jonghyun...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you feel it already? It's near~

Sorry if I didn't updated last week. It's our midterm exams week so I got really busy but it's all done now. Sorry if you got disappointed that you wait long and only got this chapter. I'll try to do well next time. ~.~

THANK YOU you for reading. Please continue reading the next

chapters :) If you like the story, please vote for this,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. :*