5: OPERATION: Make Yerin Hate Jjong MORE

My SLY Fox

 

--Yerin’s POV—

“Ugh. Why do classes have to be early? I’m still sleepy.”, YeonMi whined while heavily stepping her foot.

Another typical morning and we’re walking on our way to school.

“Your fault. Who told you so stay up late last night. You know there’s classes the next day.”, I chuckled.

“I don’t feel like going to school today.”, she continued to whine.

“Aww c’mmon. Today is a very good day~”, I said cheerfully.

I feel so light and happy this morning. I’m on a very good mood maybe because I got a good sleep last night. I just hope that my good mood will last the whole day.

We already entered the school gates when there’s a bunch of girls talking loudly walked beside us. We accidentally heard their conversation. Hearing a lot of squeals, I can already tell what they are talking about.

“Really? Taemin oppa accepted your chocolates?”, one girl asked.

“Yes! He accepted it and said ‘thanks’ with a smile!”, another girl answered.

“Aww. So lucky. Jonghyun oppa didn’t take mine.”

“He accepted mine!”,

“REALLY?!? He took it?”, all the other girls asked with wide eyes.

“Uhm. Sort of. Actually it’s Minho oppa who took it from me but he said that Jonghyun oppa accepts it.”, the girl explained.

I sighed very deep and walked faster, the YeonMi followed. I can’t afford hearing those fangirls anymore, specially their story about Jonghyun. My 100% good mood automatically went down to 80% just by hearing his name.

‘That rude, conceited guy…’

I didn’t notice that I’m already frowning and walking with heavy steps.

“Tables are turned. The girl in good mood earlier is frowning now.”, YeonMi chuckled.

I just rolled my eyes and walk straight.

“I guess it’s because of the fangirl’s conversation. It’s because of Jonghyun-ssi, right?”, she asked again.

“That rude guy. He’s making my good mood go down. And those girls, they still like him even though he’s not treating them well.”, I frowned even more.

She chuckled. “Of course they’re fangirls. You really don’t like him, do you? But he’s so good looking.”

“HIM?!? Good looking? Oh please YeonMi. Don’t’ tell me you’re he’s fangirl too.”. I rolled my eyes.

“I’m a fangirl of them all, but not as severe as others. He’s good looking, that’s why he has many fangirls.”

“Those girls don’t have taste… Wait can we please stop talking about him? I want a good day.”, I pouted and walked faster.

“Okay~”, YeonMi giggled then walked faster to follow me.

We finally reached our building and we immediately walked in. We are almost there when I saw someone… someone unpleasing to see.

My good mood level quickly fell down to just  50%.

Why not? Outside our classroom, there’s Jonghyun, standing while talking to Key and Minho.

“Looks like you’re not lucky enough today to have a good day.”, YeonMi whispered.

‘Why do I have to see him so early today? I’m hoping for a good day. I have absorbed all the bad vibes.’

I breathe in and out as we walk nearer to them. Then finally Key noticed me and waved. Jonghyun turned and looked at me.

“Hi Yerin, Hi YeonMi. Good morning.”, Key and Minho greeted.

“Good morning too. But I don’t know for Yerin.”, YeonMi said that made all of them look at me with confusion.

I glared at YeonMi but she just smiled. Then I turned to Key and Minho with a smile.

“Good morning Key oppa, Minho oppa.”, I greeted.

Key and Minho have been very nice to me and they’re already my friends so when they told me to just call them oppa, I didn’t object.

“What?!? What did you just call them?”, Jonghyun suddenly asked. He looks so shocked.

I faced him with blank expression.

“Key oppa, Minho oppa…  Anything wrong?”, I said coldly.

“What? Why?... I  mean… why do you call them oppa?”, he asked again.

“Uhm… because they’re my friends and they’re older than me?”, I answered unsurely and looked at him weirdly.

‘What’s this guy’s problem now’

“But wh---“

I cut him off.
“What’s the problem with that? Should I call them ‘Hyung’? The last time I checked, I’m a girl so ‘oppa’ is the right term.”

I heard little chuckles from Key, Minho and YeonMi.
I can’t explain Jonghyun’s expression, all I know is that I don’t like what I am seeing on him. He just stood there, speechless.

I sighed and turned to Key and Minho.

“We’ll go ahead now.”, I grabbed YeonMi’s hand and we entered the classroom.

“What’s that guy’s problem?”, I blurted when we already on our seats.

“He can’t believe you called Minho and Key ‘oppa’. Maybe he wants you to call him that too.”

“I doubt that. His fangirls always call him oppa, and he seemd to be annoyed with it.”, I shook my head

“Maybe he wants to hear it from you.”, YeonMi giggled.

“Well, he’d never get it from me. It’s just for my friends.”

---

“Good thing the cafeteria isn’t too crowded today.”, YeonMi while we sat to a table to eat.

“Today’s meal is good. My happiness is being revived.”, I said as I happily shove food in my mouth.

“Uhm…. I don’t think so.”

 I looked at YeonMi confusedly. She looked at a direction and pointed her fingers. I followed at her finger’s direction and saw five men approaching our table.

‘Bad vibes… Please stay away from me.’

I pouted as I saw that certain guy walking confidently. Even his walk is annoying for me.

“Can we sit with you noona?”, Taemin asked cheerfully.

“Sure.”, I said even though I wanted to refuse because Jonghyun will be sitting there too. I just agreed because the other boys are really nice to me.

“Hi~”, Jonghyun greeted me and sat exactly across where I am sitting.

I raised an eyebrow at him then get back to eating, completely ignoring his greetings. I’m a nice person but only to those who are also nice, and definitely not this guy.

“So, I heard that you’re already calling Key and Minho ‘oppa’. You’re really friends now.”, Taemin said.

I smiled. “Yes. They’re now my and Yeonmi’s oppas since we’re already friends.”

“Told ya~ we’re close friends now.”, Key said.

The conversation was interrupted when we heard a message alert tone. Jonghyun took out his phone and started typing.

“Aww so cute~”, YeonMi said as she look at Jonghyun’s phone.

I agree to her, Jonghyun’s phone case is cute. His phone case shaped like a baby cartoon fox and also with a cute fox keychain.

“I know right. My babies are really cute.”, Jonghyun smiled at YeonMi.

Me and YeonMi both looked at him confused at what he said. ‘BABIES’?

“Oh wait. Let me explain for him. He has this certain addiction slash obsession to foxes. He has a big collection of fox stuffs and he them his ‘BABIES’”, Minho explained.

“Really? Woah! That’s cute.”, YeonMi said with sparkling eyes.

‘Pshh. That’s so childish. This guy is not just rude and stubborn, also childish’, I thought.

“And because of his liking to foxes, his dream girl is somehow connected to fox too. You know, looks and attitude”, Onew added.

‘Dream girl? Unlucky girl…’, I thought again. I just remained silent and listening to their whole conversation.

“Really? That’s unusual. Your dream girl might be very hard to find.”, YeonMi said.

“No. I actually found one that suits every detail of my dream girl.”, Jonghyun said while smiling really wide.

‘Now, I’m really starting to feel sorry for whoever that girl is.’

“Oh~ Lucky girl. She must be very pretty.”, YeonMi said. She seemed to be enjoying their conversation about his dream girl.

At least he is talking to my friend nicely, or else, he won’t be able to leave this cafeteria peacefully.

“Yerin. Why are you quiet?”, Key suddenly asked.

“Oh…uhm.. nothing. I’m just listening to your conversation.”

“So back to the ‘oppa’ topic. How about us, can you call us oppa, too? We’re friends now, right?”, Onew said.

I smiled unsurely at him. We’re already friends and he’s nice but we’re not that close yet.

“Uhm.. maybe?”, I answered.

“Unsure?”, Minho chuckled.

I smiled and bowed shyly.

“Hyung, we’re not that close yet. So it’d be awkward for her.”, Taemin said

“Oh right. Then shall we bond together more? We’re actually planning to hang out this weekend. Could you come with us? You and YeonMi.”, Onew said.

“That’s a great idea. This weekend. Can you two come with us? Please~”, Key begged cutely

“It’s okay for me. I don’t know to Yerin.”, YeonMi said then looked at me with also begging eyes.

I chuckled. “Okay. I’m fine with it. I’m free this weekend.”

They are all images of happiness. Specially the five boys.... ’WAIT. Five boys?’
Jonghyun also looks happy with it?

“Then, let’s watch a movie this weekend, okay?”, Jonghyun suggested.

‘Aww. I forgot…’, I mentally slapped myself for my decision.

Coming with them means coming with Jonghyun and I’m going to see him this weekend. What did I just do? I made myself have a ‘totally annoying and blood pressure raising’ weekend. I’m going to have a breakdown. But I can’t take back what I said, I already said yes…

The bell suddenly rang, which means break time is over. We all stood up immediately. Key, Minho, YeonMi and me went together to our room. Onew, Jonghyun and Taemin went to their own rooms.

----

“Yerin. I’m really sorry but I can’t come home with you now. Jinyoung is asking me out.”, YeonMi said while I’m fixing my things, preparing to go home.

“It’s okay, I can go home. But tell your boyfriend that I hate him ‘cause he’s taking away my bestfriend.”, I giggled.

“You know, you should have boyfriend soon, too. So you’ll not be left alone if ever I’m not around.”

I rolled my eyes. “You know? Just go before I change my mind and I won’t allow you to go and leave me alone.”

“Okay, fine. Get home safe okay? Bye”, YeonMi hugged me and left.

 I picked up my bag and went outside the classroom.

“Hey. Why are you alone?”

I jumped and almost screamed when someone just appeared beside me and talked. When I looked, it’s Key.

“You scared me.”, I sai while panting because of shock.

“Oh sorry. Why are you alone? Where’s YeonMi?”, Key asked as we continue to walk on the corridor.

“She has a date with her boyfriend. So I’m left alone.”, I chuckled.

“YAH!!!”, someone called from behind and I can hear someone running.

When I turned I saw Jonghyun running towards us.

My shoulders dropped and I rolled my eyes.
‘Oh God. Why do I have to see this guy until the end of my day.’

He finally reached and walked with us. He walked beside me so I’m in between him and Key.

“Alone?”, He asked.

“No. Can’t you see I’m with Key oppa?”, I answered coldly without looking at him.

“YeonMi has a date so she was left alone.”, Key explained for me.

“Oooh. Okay. Let’s go home together.”, Jonghyun offered.

I shot him a quick glare and look straight again.
“No thanks. I can manage.”

As we walk, we passed two girls. And I can tell it’s a fangirl, AGAIN.

“Hi oppa~”, They called followed by a squeal.

I don’t really know who are they calling but Key smiled to them. When I looked at Jonghyun, again, I caught him glaring at the girls again and rolled his eyes, ignoring them.

He did it again, and in front of me. I remember that I already told them that I hate that attitude the most. I had enough of his rudeness.

“Do you really have to do that?”, I exploded. I stopped from walking and they Key and him stopped too.

“Do what?”, he asked innocently.

“Glaring at girls. Why do you always have to be rude to them?”, I said with my voice a little raised.

Good thing there’s no more students on the corridor because classes are already finished.

“Uh-oh. I think I should go first. You two, talk.”, Key slowly walked away from us.

I didn’t mind him leaving now. All I know is that this rude guys in front of me needs some lesson.

“Can’t you act nice to girls?”, I stared at him straightly.

“I’m not doing anything wrong. I just glared at them because they’re too annoying. They’re always around.”

“And glaring isn’t a wrong thing? Why can’t you just smile at them when they’re greeting you? Is it hard?”, I placed my hands on my waist.

“If I did that, they’ll just continue to chase me around and bug me.”, he said confidently not being affected by the words I’m telling him.

“They’re your fangirls. Don’t you know they’re one of the reason why you’re popular here? Can’t you treat them nicely?”

He chuckled. “We didn’t ask them to make us popular so we have no responsibilities. And why are you defending the fangirls? Are you one of them”, He smiled naughtily and tucked his hand to his pocket.

I raised my eyebrow on what he said.

“You wish. Me? One of your fangirls? I don’t even know you’re popular here in school I just found out when I met Minho oppa and Key oppa.”

He chuckled as he took a step closer to me. He stopped just a step in front of me leaned forward, bringing his face in front of mine.

“Well. Now that you know. Would you like to become one? I promise to treat you differently from other fangirls.”, he said with a grin.

I felt my blood boil on what he said. So freakingly,  annoyingly conceited. What makes he think that I wanted to become his fangirl?

Though I was kinda startled at first when he brought his face close to mine, I won’t let him gain more confidence through this.

I narrowed my eyes and stare straight through his eyes. A firing stare.

“N-E-V-E-R. NEVER.”, I said right in front of his face and turned to walk away.

I can’t stand talking to that guy anymore. He didn’t even understand what wrong is he doing.

I continue to walk home fuming with anger.

 

--Jonghyun’s POV—

I can’t help from smiling as I watch Yerin walk away.

I’m feeling so happy that we actually had a long talk to each other. Even though it’s not really a talk, just an argument.

She’s so pretty even when she’s fuming with anger. And I got to stare at his fierce, wild eyes really  up close. This is the happiest day.

I was about to walk away when someone came to me.

“Do you know what did you just do Kim Jonghyun?”, Key said with furrowed eyebrows.

“I talked to her~”

“No you did not. You made her angry.”

“Wait. I thought you left. You eavesdropped?”, I said with wide eyes but still with a smile.

“Yeah I did because I’m worried you might do something really bad.”, Key said.

I just continued to walk followed by Key. I don’t really care of what he is saying, I’m happy.

----

“Hey hyung. What’s with that really really big smile?”, Taemin asked when Key and I arrived on our ‘headquarters’.

I flopped on the sofa, beside Taemin.

“Me and Yerin talked! She talked with me, and she said more than two lines~”, I excitedly told them.

“Wow, such a long conversation. More than two lines.”, Minho said.

Onew hyung sat beside me.

“Really she talked to you? What did you talk about?”, he asked excitedly.

“No hyung. They didn’t talk. They argued. He actually made Yerin mad.”, Key sat with us.

“You made noona mad? How about OPERATION: Get Jin Yerin?”, Taemin asked worriedly.

“It’s still on going, don’t worry. I’m actually starting.”, I explained.

“So your first step is making Yerin mad? I can totally see that result of this.”, Minho shook his head.

“I know the results too. You should rename your operation to OPERATION: Make Yerin Hate Jonghyun MORE.”, Onew said.

“Don’t you trust me? I’m going to succeed soon. Oh by the way…”, I smiled at Onew and hugged him tight.

“Yah! What now? What’s with the hugging?”, Onew hyung tried pushed me away.

“I’m thanking you Onew hyung. The weekend hang out was the most perfect decision you ever made.”

“Well, I didn’t really do it for you. But welcome, anyways.”, Onew hyung shrugged.