31: Reconciliation

My SLY Fox

--Jonghyun's POV--

All eyes are on me when I entered our headquarters with a big frown on my face and extremely dark aura around me. I called the boys so that I could talk to them about what happened between me and Yerin and to get some idea on what should I do.

“Okay... So you fought again? Seriously, you've been together for just a few weeks and you fought twice already.”, Key followed me with his hands on his waist as I walk my way to the couch.

“You think I want this? It just happens then before I knew it, we're already arguing and end up fighting.”, I said and sat heavily on the couch.

They all gathered and sat with me, all wanting to know what exactly happened.

“So what is it this time?”, Onew asked.

Before I could even answer the question, a call ringtone was heard, coming form Minho's phone that held me back from explaining. He excused himself then answered his phone.

“Jagiya... We have to talk about what?”, he asked then paused, listening to the other line.

His brows were furrowing as he continue to listen to the caller, which I supposed his girlfriend.
“You saw me with whom? Wait... it's not what you think. I'll explain to you babe but not now please. I'm in the middle of important conversation right now. Promise, I'll explain.... BYE~”, he even made a smooch sound before ending the call that made me frown more.

From what I have heard, his girlfriend is probably jealous of something and asking him to explain it.

“Tell me, being jealous is normal right? I mean girlfriends tends to be the one who gets jealous often, right?”, I asked them, face crumpled.

“So that is your problem? Yerin is being jealous over someone or something.”, Minho concluded.

I pouted. “I wish that was the problem. But it's the other way around... She's not being jealous.”

They're faces all got twisted, looking at me weirdly with confusion and big question marks above their head.

“Wait. Let's make your statement clear... You fought because Yerin is not jealous???”, Key's face even got crumpled.

I nodded as a response to his question with made them quiet and tilt their head in confussion.

“Enough... We surrender, it's really really really not understandable.”, Onew hyung raised his hands like surrendering.

I told them everything that happened, explaining how Yerin and I fought.

“So basically, you want noona to be jealous, without sufficient reason? What are you up to hyung?”, Taemin asked.

“Seriously, that's the weirdest reason of a quarrel I have ever heard. And you're the weirdest boyfriend I have ever met. Dealing with a jealous girlfriend is the least I want.”, Minho said.

I sighed. “Weird? I just want more of her attention and for once, I wanted to experience explaining and defending myself over that issue to her. Being able to calm her when she's jealous is the sweetest thing for me.”

They all became dumbfounded when they heard my reason. I know that's kinda weird but I seriously wanted to experience that.

“You're wanting so much from your girlfriend...”, Onew shook his head.

Minho suddenly chuckled and a naughty smirk was formed on his lips. 
“Since you want a jealous girlfriend, how about exchanging? My girlfriend needs some explanation right now.”

“NO WAY! Are you crazy. She's mine.”, I stood up and yelled.

“Well, it's just a suggestion. Honestly, Yerin is fine--”

“Shut up! You wanna die?... Seriously, I'm not getting any helpful advice from you here. I better go now.”, I stood up from the couch and started heading to the door.

“Where are you going?”, Key asked.

“To someone helpful.”, I answered before I completely got out.

------

I nervously dialed Yerin's number and listened at the ringback tone as I wait for her to pick up.

This is the 97465763475th time that I tried to call her and text her but she's still no response. I'm nervous because of the threat she told me about calling her but I can't stay still and just wait for what's going to happen next. This couldn't be fixed if we won't talk.

“What did I told you?”, Yerin said after she finally answered my call.

“Yerin please, let's talk. I'm really sor--”

“Let's talk some other time. When you're completely thinking well.”, she said, still will cold voice that's making me feel more nervous.

I sighed deeply. “Yerin...”

She didn't answer but I know she's still there so I continued.
“Don't leave me just because of this...”, I trailed off.

Just thinking of that idea, it makes me wanna run to her, crying, right now and beg for her forgiveness. I would even kneel in front of her.

“Let's talk next time.”, she said, followed by a beeping sound.

She hung up already without even answering what I lastly said. I stared at my phone, feeling extremely nervous about that.

“You didn't fixed it?”, noona worriedly asked.

I went to her house after I left the boys. I thought that she might give me the words I need and she's actually the one who told me to try calling Yerin.

“She hung up.”, I said, burying my face in my hands.

She sighed and tapped my shoulder. “I don't really understand what got in to your mind that you suddenly wanted her to be jealous. You must be crazy.”

“Are you calming me or you're just going to mock me again and again?”, I pouted.

“I'm just saying my side. Well, if Yerin doesn't want to talk to you right now, then you should respect that. Just wait for her to cool down... Who know, maybe sometime later, she'll be texting you that she's already fine talking to you.”

“Then I'll wait for that.”, I positioned my chin on my hand and just stared at my phone on the table.

I know noona is looking at me weirdly but I don't want to do anything but to wait for her message.

“Just stay here for tonight. It's already late for you to drive home.”, she said.

I just nodded a bit, still staring at my phone, with her photo as my wallpaper. Noona sighed and shook his head before leaving.

 

--Yerin's POV--

The next morning, the moment I woke up and opened my eyes, I hurriedly reached for my phone and checked it.

I got disappointed when I scanned the messages and none of those are from Jonghyun.

'You told her not to talk nor text you, remember?'

I mentally face palmed myself on that thought. After he called me last night, I was expecting that he would still call me and try to reconcile with me but no more signs of him after that. I was actually waiting for him to call again and say sorry because by that time, I would be forgiving him already. But he didn't call anymore. I wanted to call him but I prefer him calling first.

The reason why I got mad on him is because I got offended when he said that I don't care about him. I am sensitive towards those words because until now, I'm still insecure about being not good enough as his girlfriend.

And also, I don't get the point on why he's like asking me to be jealous over such simple thing. So what if he talked to his classmate? That's a very simple thing. Just a day ago, Yeonmi is having problem because his boyfriend doesn't want interrogation from her about that issue.

I'm in the middle of deciding whether I should call Jonghyun now or not when I got a message.

[FROM: Sodam Unni^^]

      Yerin. Call him now. He's been staring at his phone all night and checked it first thing after he woke up.

I smiled after reading unni's message and immediately replied.

[TO: Sodam Unni^^]

        Ne unni ^-^ I'm actually waiting for him to call again.

[FROM: Sodam Unni^^]

           Your waiting for each other's call. Call him now, ppali! He's going crazy

I chuckled on myself then happily dialed Jonghyun's number. And in just about 2 seconds, he immediatey answered it.

“Yerin. I'm so sorry. I'm thinking well now so let's talk. I won't be unreasonable again and ask silly things. Just please let's talk and settle this.”, he said without even breathing as soon as he asnwered the phone.

I chuckled. “We're talking now, aren't we?”

“Oh, that means we're fine now? You're not mad at me anymore?”, he asked continuously.

“That depends. Let's talk later after class but for now, I think we should be getting ready if we don't wanna be late.”

“Can't I see you before classes start?”, I can hear his pout on his words.

“See you after class. We'll both be late. I'll hang up now.”

He chuckled. “I missed you...”, he said softly.

I smiled before hanging up. Though I wanted to see him before classes because honestly, I missed him too, we still have classes to attend to.

-----

“Yerin-ah~!”, Jonghyun called and I saw him running towards me.

We decided to meet in front of the library because last time, I promised to stay with him while he's reviewing for his exams.

“I missed you, Yerin-ah~!”, he hugged tight me as soon as he came near.

“Yah! Too much PDA, we're in a public place...”, I said but not wanting to push him away.

He chuckled and hugged me tighter before letting go. “Then let's go inside now.”

He grabbed my hand and we entered the library. Though there's not much people in there, he pulled me farther and we sat on a table that is slightly hidden, being covered by shelves and placed on the corner.

“I was waiting for you to call me the whole night and even this morning.”, he said when he sat beside me.

“Babo. I was waiting for you to call again and apologize. If you did that, I could have been forgiven you.”, I said while helping him take out his books from his bag.

“Really??!?! Aisshh... It's noona's fault. She's the one who told me to just wait for you to call me instead.”

I smiled and also took out some of my books from my bag then Jonghyun suddenly hugged me again.

“Thanks Yerin.”, he whispered.

“For forgiving you?”, i asked.

“No... For not leaving me even we fought again. I swear I won't be thinking something foolish again. I'm really sorry.”, he hugged me tighter.

“How many times do you have to say sorry. I said you're already forgiven. And why did you think that I'm going to leave you because we fought. Am I that superficial?”

“No, of course not. I just got scared.”, he kissed me on the cheek before letting go.

“Don't think about that anymore. What you should think now is about your exams. I went here with you to review, remember?”, I said, pushing his books near him.

He sighed, tooks the books and started flipping its page. He got quiet so I scanned my own books too. But after a few moments, I got disturbed when I felt that someone is staring at me. When I turned, I saw him watching me, hand holding his head, instead of reading his books.

“Yah Kim Jonghyun. If you failed, that's not my problem anymore.”

He sat properly and became serious.

“What if I really failed? I'm feeling pressured right now. If I didn't do well, I might not be able to enter college. It's not only my family whom I'll fail, also you...”, he bowed his head as he stares at his books.

“If I didn't know you as a person with so much confidence, hearing your words, I might think that you're a very humble person or someone lacking of self-esteem.”, I chuckled.

“I'm serious...”, he glared at me.

I smiled and turned my chair to face him.

“Now is the time that you need your confidence. You may not be the best but I believe you can do well. And don't feel pressured. You're not doing this to please your family or me or anyone else. All of this is for yourself.”

“But I'm doing this to please you.”

I pouted, “Don't. You're just making yourself more perfect for me.”

“I know right.”, he grinned.

“You can do this. Fighting~!”, I smiled and did a fighting sign.

He laughed and his chair to face me too.

“I have something to tell you.”, he motioned his finger for me to come closer.

I complied and leaned forward to listen to what he is going to say, only to be welcomed by his lips and met mine.

I know that anytime, if anyone specially the librarian, passed by and sees us, we will be in trouble but I couldn't care less.

We stayed like that for a few seconds before we parted our lips. He smiled and turned my chair, to face the table again, also his. He opened his book again and started reading and I was about to continue scanning my books too when he grabbed my hand and just held it while he's reading.

'Why do you have to be so perfect? It's bringing more insecurity in me.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeeeee~ i updated again ^0^

By the way, I already plotted and arranged all the chapter's happenings until the end.  We're  62% done :))

And another thing. I just wanted to ask something because I got a comment on other site. 
Is Yeonmi annoying in this story? I conceptualized her as a VERY HELPFUL bestfriend, specially when it comes to Yerin's love life. But is she annoying?

THANKS FOR READING <3