47: ENDING [Part 1]

My SLY Fox

 

--Yerin's POV--

“I guess you already had snack with Sehun.”, Jonghyun said while driving.

“Yeah, we ate--”

“Then we won't eat snack, since you already had one...”, he took a quick glance at me but it looked like he glared.

“I'm hungry, though.”, he mumbled.

I turned to him. “Then eat. Let's buy your food first.”

“Don't want.”, he said expressionless.

“Why? I thought your hungry?”

He just rolled his eyes while continuing to drive.

“Pff, sulking again.... Just stop the car at that convenience store. I'll buy you snack.”, I pointed at a near convenience store we're approaching.

He glared at me and rolled his eyes but then, he turned the car and stopped beside the road. I secretly chuckled because he complied to what I said, though he's sulking, making it obvious that he's really hungry.

We both got off the car and headed in the store. I held his hand and smiled widely at him even though he still has that sulking expression.

“I'll feed you a lot so you'll stop sulking already.”, I smiled at him while grabbing foods from him from the racks.

He just stuck out his and looked away. He looks so cute pretending to be mad like that so I giggled as he walks away to the other food racks.

“You.”, A familiar, cold voice called my attention while I was scanning the snack shelves.

I slowly turned to that direction and saw Jisoo standing with her arms crossed and looking at me with raised eye brows.

“Of all people to see, why does it have to be you?”, she huffed and rolled her eyes.

Even though I want to throw the stuffs I'm holding to her, I tried to keep cool. Before I could answer her back, a hand held my arm and pulled me back a bit.

“What do you need now?”, Jonghyun said as he slid himself in front of me to face Jisoo.

Jisoo seemed to not noticed earlier that I'm with Jonghyun based on her reaction. She had her eyes widened, seeing me and Jonghyun together.

“Why are you together?”, she asked, switching her eyes from me to Jonghyun.

“Is there something wrong on being with my girlfriend?”, Jonghyun asked raising his eyebrow.

“Girlfriend? You already--”

“Broke up? Well... we didn't break up, just to make it clear to you. Sorry to say but your stupid plans all failed.”, Jonghyun said and held my hand, making Jisoo frown more.

“Yah! You, Yerin... have you forgotten what I told you?”, she stepped closer to me but Jonghyun hid me behind him and pushed Jisoo away.

“Jonghyun...”, I held him back to at least stop him. I know he's too pissed to Jisoo and he might do something not good, even though she's a girl.

“Why do you still want to stay with her, Jonghyun? There's nothing special to her. Can't you see?”, Jisoo helplessly told Jonghyun.

“Could you just stop this, okay? I'll stay with her as long as I want and for what reason I have. You don't need to care. You're nothing compared to her, I pity you. We were fine as friends before but now, don't you ever dare to come close to me again.”, Jonghyun exploded.

I pulled him back to make him stop. Jisoo was just standing there like a bomb exploded right in front of her face.

“Jisoo, just please stop.”, I told her.

She glared at me. “No matter what you say or what you do, I still don't believe that you're good enough for Jonghyun. You're not even that pretty, so don't be too confident.”

My ears panted when I heard those words from her. I'm trying my best to keep calm since earlier but I heard enough. I squinted my eyes at her and crossed my arm.

“At least I have the man you're being crazy for. I so pity you.”, I said.

I heard a chuckle from Jonghyun then he looked at Jisoo with a smirk.

“Tsk Tsk Tsk. If I were you, I'll be going away right now. It's not good if Yerin is getting pissed.”, he said, shaking his head.

Jisoo's expression slowly changed while looking at me. She bit her lip and took a little step back.

“I'll never like you, Yerin.”, she said then run away, out of the store.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. When I turned to Jonghyun, he's laughing.

“That's my Yerin.”, he patted my head.

“She's annoying.”, I huffed.

“I know right.”, he chuckled.

-----------

“I already fed you. Still sulking?”, I wiped his mouth with my own hands after he shoved the last scoop of ice cream to his mouth.

He's already acting fine but hearing that, it was like he was reminded of being sulky. He pouted and rolled his eyes.

“It's funny how you could forget being sulky.”, I laughed at him and pinched his cheeks.

He turned to me. “Hey, I'm serious. You should sometimes try to be a bit distant from Sehun. You're always with each other, even more than you're with your bestfriend.”

“No. It's just because Yeonmi is busy so Sehun accompanies me.”

“Still...”,

I sighed. “Just be friends with him too. It'd be nice to have you both in good terms.”

He didn't answer and just looked away.

“Jjong~”, I made him face me.

“Why? You can't stay away from him, even a bit?”, I furrowed his eyebrow.

“We're friends.”

He sighed and scratched his head irritably.

“Aish. Do everything you want.”, he stood up.

“I'll go now. I still need to do something.”, he said then headed to the front door.

“Yah, are you mad?”, I asked, following him and pulling his shirt from the back.

“No.”

“Then why are you leaving?”, I asked again.

He turned and face me when we finally got to his car.

“I said I need to do something.”

“Really?”, I looked at him suspiciously.

Instead of answering, he just spread his arms out. I stepped closer to him to give him a hug, then I tipped toed to reached his lips for a peck.

“Don't you dare to forget...”, he mumbled.

“Huh? Forget what?”, I tilted my head in confusion.

He gave me a kiss on my forehead before he parted from the hug. He got inside the car and smiled at me before driving away.

I walked back inside the house, wondering what should I not forget. I tried my best digging in my mind for any ideas as I walk in to my room, but then I stepped backwards to stopped in front of the calendar that I passed by.

'Oh.My.God'

My eyes widened when I saw a big, red marking on the date tomorrow. I guess I got too happy after we finally fixed our problem and an important event slipped away from my brain.

'1st anniversary~', was the text written on the calendar.

---------

 

I stamped my foot as I listen to the dialing tone of my phone. After a few more attempts, I squeezed my phone with my hands and just slid it in my pocket.

Jonghyun phone just kept on ringing but he's not picking it up. I haven't received any message nor call from him since I woke up, which is exactly opposite of what I am expecting, since it's a special day.

It's impossible that he forgot about it because I am sure that this is what he is talking about last night, the thing that I shouldn't forget.

'Maybe he thought that I forgot and he's mad... or maybe it's about last night. He's still sulky because of Sehun...'

A lot of thoughts were flooding my mind, making me worry so I decided to get my phone again and leave a voice message for him.

“Jonghyun... Are you mad? Was it about yesterday or you thought I forgot about today. I swear I didn't forgot... err.... okay, I haven't thought of it until I got reminded by the calendar yesterday. But at least I got time to prepare. Why aren't you answering my calls. Call me back.”

I sighed after sending the voice message and was about to put my phone back in my pocket when it suddenly rang. When I picked it up, I heard chuckles from the other line.

“I just didn't contact you for a few hours and you got too worried?”, he said in between chuckles.

I pouted even he can't see it. “Why I am not going to worry. It's unusual if your not contacting me.”

“Really? Am I that clingy to you?”

“As if you don't know.”, I rolled my eyes. “So what now?”

He chuckled again. “Since you admitted that you almost forgot about our anniversary, if not for because of the calendar, you'll have to be punished.”

“At least I didn't totally forget. So what's my punishment?”

“Go here. I'll text you the address.”, he said then immediately hang up, not even giving me a chance to ask more details.

I received a text message from him with the address he was talking about with a note of:

'Come quick. I don't like to wait.'

I crumpled my nose upon reading his note, showing how demanding he was, but I rushed out of the house to reach that place as quick as possible.

I just showed the address to the taxi ajusshi and I was brought to a cafe where I haven't been before. I went in and was greeted by a mellow music, giving the cafe a relaxing feel. I scanned the whole place to search for Jonghyun but he's not there so I just sat on an available seat on a corner.

I waited for minutes and I'm already growing impatient. I tried contacting him a few times but he's not picking up.

'So this is my punishment? To keep waiting? He's the one who told me he doesn't like to wait...'

I sighed and just tried to enjoy myself with the music being played. It's just an instrumental and it wasn't familiar to me but it's good. I was still waiting when suddenly a waiter came to me.

“Uhm excuse me ma'am..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*drum roll* TADAH~!

I cut it sorry. It was supposed to be just one chapter but it's too long. SORRY. You can continue to the next part now...