35: 100th...

My SLY Fox

--Yerin's POV--

I sat on the floor of the living room, resting my chin on my folded arm lying on the coffee table. I'm continuously tapping the screen of my phone with my index finger as I stare at it with pouting lips, waiting for it to flash and reveal a call or even a text message but there was still none.

I woke up with extreme excitement and anticipation for today because this day is special. But my excitement is slowly fading as hours pass and still no signs from Jonghyun.

“What's with the pouted lips and hopelessly staring at your phone?”, Yeonmi just appeared and sat beside me.

I glance at her then sighed. “Nothing.”

“Nah, I don't believe you. This morning is so unusually quiet. C'mmon tell me. Did you two fight again?”, she crawled closer to me.

“We didn't.”, I gave a brief answer.

“How about sulking? Are you sulking over something?”

“No.”

“Then why are you like this?”

I sighed and irritably looked at her.

“I'm just waiting for him okay? W-A-I-T-I-N-G.”

“But why are you-- wait. Isn't today your...”, she looked at me with narrow eyes but big grin on her lips. Then she started sticking out her fingers one by one while mentally counting.

“It's your 100th day today!”

Her face glowed when she found out but my lips got even pouted.

“Among all woman, you're the only one I know who celebrates it with that face.”

I scratched my head frustratedly. “Tell me, do boyfriends celebrate or even know about 100th day?”

“Uhm... Mostly, yes. But there are some that just take it as a normal day. Jinyoung and I celebrated it~”, she happily told me.

“I know. I actually got that idea from you. I learned it when I saw you dated during your 100th day.”, I rolled my eyes.

“So are you sulking now because you were waiting for Jonghyun oppa to greet you but he still haven't and you are thinking maybe he forgot it?”

I pouted. “Do you think he really forgot about it?”

“Though I'm not sure if he's the kind of man who celebrates at such day, I'm sure if he knew about it, he'll not forget.”

“Maybe he doesn't know.”, I sighed and reached for the paper bag beside me and placed it on my lap.

I don't know what got in me why did I buy such stuff for this day. Maybe I just got too excited on celebrating and now that I have gathered my thoughts well, I'm getting embarrassed on how cheesy and corny this is.

I saw Yeonmi staring at the paper bag like figuring out what it is then suddenly, she grinned at me.

“If you learned from me and Jinyoung... then by any chance... Is that--”

“No it's not.”, I cut off her question and tried to avoid her eyes.

Before I could realize that I'm holding on to the paper bag too loose, she already snatched it to me and immediately took out and scanned its contents.

“I knew it! Couple hoodies~!”, she squealed as she waves the two hoodies on the air.

“Yah! Stop it! Put it back in the bag.”, I commanded her.

She laughed heartily as she spread the two hoodies finely on the coffee table.

“ohhh~ 'Nae yeoja, Nae namja' (my girl, my boy).”, She read the texts printed on each hoodie then she grinned at me.

“I never imagined that you'll be buying something like this.”

“Me either.”

She keeps on teasing me about the couple stuff until the ring of the doorbell interrupted us. We both looked at each other, having the same idea in mind on who could that be.

“YOUR BOY arrived.”, she teased again.

I hurriedly gathered the pair of hoodie and placed it back in the paper bag before standing up to open the door.

I opened the door with so much excitement, filled with so much thoughts on what could possibly happen on this special day.

“Annyeong.”, Jonghyun greeted cheerfully. I opened the door wider, allowing him to come in.

“It's unusual that you came not so early.”, I said when we got to the living room.

I sighed in relief when I saw that Yeonmi is already gone there. She might continue to tease me and say embarrassing things.

“Yeah. I slept a bit more because I've been very busy these past days and lack of sleep.”

I nodded, accepting his explanation. I clasped my hands behind me and looked at him, waiting for him to say something.

“I have something to tell you.”, he said.

My eyes glowed. 'finally~'

“What is it?”

He pouted. “I think we won't be able too see each other on the following days. Maybe more than a week.”

My shoulders fell down and my face dropped when I heard something very far from what I wanted to hear.

“Why?”, I asked lifelessly.

“We'll be gone for an educational trip for two days then it will be followed by a camp trip for three days. Then after that appa wants me to go with him on his business trip, i don't know for how long.”, he sighed after enumerating his activities.

I got even more depressed hearing that he'll be very busy and we won't be able to see each other for plenty of days. But the fact that he's forgetting something is the main issue for now.

“Is that all your going to say?”,I asked, with overflowing anticipation in my eyes.

He thought for a while then snapped his fingers. “One more thing...”

I almost jumped in joy that he has another thing to say. 'Say it... say it...'

“I remembered that I'll be busy today too.”, he said.

“Seriously? Nothing more to say?”, my jaw dropped on what he said. It was like I was brought on the peak of a high mountain then dropped down.

Jonghyun looked to the ceiling to think then afterwards shook his head. The last bubble of hope in me popped right away. I stared at him for a few seconds more, giving him a chance to say more but he just looked back at me. I looked down and turned around to enter my room, not minding to hide how depressed I am.

“That's it?”, he suddenly asked before I could even enter my room.

I stopped but no plans of looking back to him or answering whatever his question 'that's it?' is about.

“Hey Yerin. Aren't you going to ask why will I be busy today?”, he asked again.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around but immediately trapped in his arms. I didn't move, shocked and dazed of his suddenly sweet act. He gave a quick kiss on my cheeks and let his lips stay there.

“You thought I forgot.”, he whispered followed by a soft chuckle.

“I hate you.”, I muttered.

He pushed us apart from each other a bit and looked at my face.

“Happy 100th day~!”

I glared at him. “I still hate you for pretending.”

“Wait. I didn't pretend, I just didn't mentioned it earlier.”, he defended himself innocently.

I ignored his explanation and looked away. Then suddenly Yeonmi came out from the kitchen and passed by us.

“*Ahem*. Paper bag.*Ahem*”, she made her way to her room, faking a cough.

One last cough and a simple smirk at me before she shut the door of her room. I facepalmed myself while preventing myself from running after her and tape .

“Her cough is bad. But she said...” he looked around, searching for a paper bag, as Yeonmi said.

I stepped to the side a bit to at least cover the paper bag that I left on the floor but it's late. He already saw it and crouched down to get the bag.

“That's nothing so just give it back.”, I tried to snatch it but he swiftly dodged it from my hand.

“Is this for me?”, he smirked while holding the bag up.

I tried to jump up, since he can't hold it that high. “It's not yours. Give it back, now!”

He turned around, totally blocking me from getting the bag. Then I watch him as he slowly took out the contents and revealed the couple hoodies.

“Hoodies? Nae yeoja? Nae namja?”, he looked at it first, figuring out what is it then he started laughing so loud.

“Why are you laughing? Give it back now.”, I frowned and tried to snatch it from him but he won't give it.

“You bought this?”, he asked with amusement but still laughing.

“You don't care. It's not for you anyway. Give it to me.”

“No way, miss. This is mine, only mine.”, he held it close to him possessively.

And before I could take it back from him, he quickly removed his jacket and slid himself in the 'Nae yeoja' hoodie.

“See? This is mine so it suits me well.”, he looked down to himself and looks pleased on what he is seeing.

I just crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him. He took the other 'Nae Namja' hoodie and handed to me and pushed me in my room.

“My girl, you better go and change yours. We have to flaunt this outside.”, he winked before shutting the door, leaving me in my room to change.

After a few minutes, I came out of my room, already prepared and all set to go. I saw Yeonmi and Jonghyun talking with each other.

“Oh YOUR GIRL is here.”, Yeonmi grinned.

“We're not yet done. We're going to treat that COUGH of yours.”, I glared at her.

She made a peace sign and smiled sheepishly.

“Enough of that. We have some couple hoodies to flaunt.”, Jonghyun grabbed my hand and excitedly pulled me out of the house.

--------------------

All we did all day is to walk around the park hand in hand because he wanted to show off our couple clothing. I'm not used to catching attention but earlier, I somehow felt comfortable and proud while we're walking and some girls will occasionally turn their heads and look at us with envy.

It's already dark when we finished strolling around and end up at a restaurant to eat dinner. Then after that, he lead me to the beautiful rooftop of the same building. Since it's cold I have myself slid in his arms, being trapped between his body and the rooftop railings as we look at the beautiful night sky of Seoul.

“It's been 100 days.”, he said and hugged me tighter from the back when a cold night breeze blew.

“Yeah. I've been very patient that we lasted for 100 days, haven't I?”, I chuckled.

“Fine. As you say.”, he chuckled too, giving me little kisses on my cheeks.

He suddenly stopped and looked at me. “I just remembered something. I've been thinking about this since last night.”

“What is it?”

“It's been 100 days but you haven't cold me 'oppa' yet. You just call me by my name while you call others 'oppa'”, he pouted.

I smiled and hugged his arm. “I don't think I'd be comfortable calling you oppa now. I've been calling you by your name for too long so it's hard to adjust.”

“But--”

“And oppa gives just a 'friendly-vibes' for me so that'd be awkward for me to call you that.”

He didn't say more but just rested his head on top mine. I turned around and faced him.

“I have a better idea...”, i smiled, causing his brow to raise.

“Yeobo~”, I pinched his cheeks.

It took seconds before he could react. From confused and clueless, his expression glowed and sparkled with happiness.

“Well... It's way better than 'Nae namja'.” he teased and chuckled.

I hit his chest and frowned but he hugged me again. He gently swayed me side to side while caressing my hair and my back.

“Yerin... There's more days to come. We'll make this work for more than a hundred days. Even hundred weeks and months. We won't let it last for just a few count of days, right?”

“Of course we won't.”, I said softly, trailing off... letting myself melt in his arms.

----------------

“Goodnight.”, he whispered after he gave me a goodbye kiss on my forehead.

“Night.”, I smiled and open the door of the apartment.

“I'll miss you for the whole week. But I promise to be go here as soon as I get back.”

All I could do is nod. I'm too overwhelmed to think about the next days that he won't be with me. After he have left, I headed to my room with a smile.

'Can this day get any more perfect?', I thought as I enter my dark room and for the switch of the lights.

My question in mind have been answered when my room lit up and revealed colorful sticky notes, in different shapes and design, stuck all over my room. I grabbed the one nearest to me, sticking beside the light switch, and read it.

'Yerin, my babe...

I know this will be the first one you will read so the remarks are here... Make sure you read all those notes, I wrote all of that. And I suggest you count all of them. Call me after ^-^

I love you~~~ :*

--Your awesome boyfriend'

 

“Conceited...”, I mumbled.

My face will nearly rip off because of the wide smile on it as I pick the sticky notes one by one. All of it has 'I LOVE YOU' written on it and the when I took the last one, I found out why he wants me to count these. There are 100 I LOVE YOUs in my room.

I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed his number.

“I hate you...”, I said as soon as he pick up his phone. The words hardly came out from my mouth because I was holding my sobs from coming out.

“I don't care. I love you.”, he chuckled.

“How did you stick all of these when all day we're together.”, i asked.

“Your bestfriend with severe cough stick it there for me. But i swear, I was the one who wrote all of that.”

“Yeobo...”, I called as a drop of tear came out from the corner of my eye.

“I love you too...”, I continued.

“I know, and thank you for that.”, he said followed by a soft chuckle and a smooch sound.