28: Change

My SLY Fox

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

I took a last look at my reflection on the mirror before heading out of the house. I got in the car and started driving to Yerin's house.

I'm still feeling down because Yerin won't still open up to me. Right from the start, I know she wasn't the type of girl who's into skinship that much and I already prepared myself on dealing with that kind of relationship with her. I told myself before that I'll accept anything she can give me, may it be less or not, as long as I have her. But now, I can't help wanting more. It feels like something is lacking.

I don't know if she's just shy or she's just really not an affectionate type of person but whatever her reason is, I'll make her change and turn her to a skinship-'ish' girl.

When I finally arrived at her house, I excitedly got off the car and rang the doorbell. After a few seconds, the door finally opened.

“Annyeong~”, I greeted and kissed her on her cheeks.

She just smiled and opened the door wider to let me in. I wrapped my arm around her waist then walked with her to the living room.

“Alone again?”, I asked when I noticed that the house is too quiet.

“Yeah. Yeonmi is out again.”

I just nodded and sat with her on the couch. She's sitting indian style with a laptop on her lap and seemed to be in the middle of doing something.

“What are you doing?”, I asked as I lean my head on her shoulder.

“Researching for my homeowork.”, she answered, not taking her eyes away from the screen.

Silence followed. I'm still leaning on her shoulder but here she is, doesn't even have any reaction, just continuing her work.

“Yerin..”, I called sweetly.

She just groaned as a response so I called her again.

“Yerin...”

“Ne?”, she just threw me a quick glance.

I chuckled then sweetly clung my arm on her neck and pulled her closer to me.

“Hey what's with the more than usual touchy touchy today?”, she looked at me weirdly.

“Nothing. I just wanted to cuddle you a lot today.”

She smiled and removed my arm clung on her neck gently.

“Not now Jonghyun. I'm kinda busy here and I need to concentrate.”, she said the went back to exploring her laptop.

As usual, I receive nothing from her. It's seems like she's not affected on my touch or even interested to it. It' just too disappointing that she can't appreciate my touch and can't even give back.

“How much do you love me, Yerin?”, I asked seriously to her which brought her eyebrow to raised.

“Why ask that suddenly?”, she asked with furrowed brows.

“Because I do get a feeling that you don't love me as much as I do.”

Her brows furrowed more and stared at me with confusion on her face.

“And where did you get that idea?”,she asked.

“I can feel it!”, my voice became louder.

She was obviously shocked that I suddenly raised my voice. I saw a worried and flustered look on her face but I can't help myself anymore. My disappointed and down feeling grew and now, I can't hold myself anymore. We need tis to be fixed.

“Please Jonghyun... I don't know where those ideas are coming from and you're suddenly acting like that. Don't you think it's for us to fight?”, she held her forehead, trying to be calm.

“See? You can't even answer the simple question 'how much'.”

She sighed and rolled her eyes.
“Stop now. I don't want to fight because of something that i don't even know.”

I stared at her with disbelief. She didn't get it. She doesn't have any idea what I am feeling and what I wanted right now.

“You're the coldest girl ever!!”, I yelled and stood up.

Yerin obviously got scared and she's just looking up at me. I sighed, glared away and started to walk away. I heard her called me once but i didn't look back and headed straight of the house.

I think the best thing to do now is to just leave before this lead to a bigger fight. If I continue to insist to her what I want, at this time, I'll just keep on blurting out things that might not be pleasing for her and trigger her temper again.

--Yerin's POV--

'So that's his problem...'

I'm still staring at the door where Jonghyun came out even though he had been gone for few moments ago.

I thought everything will be fine together because he started so sweet and touchy but suddenly asked weird things and led him to leave with unsettled issues.

You're the coldest girl ever!!”, I remembered the last sentence she said.

At first, I'm completely clueless of why is he acting like that but the, I finally realized that he's sulking because of my 'coldness'.

The truth is: when he came to visit me today, I felt extreme happiness. And when he started to become touchy, he doesn't have any idea on how I am preventing myself on exploding. I seriously like it but unfortunately, until now, I'm still not good at expressing myself in a way like him. That's why I am trying to make myself look busy while working on my laptop. I'm still too shy to open up to him and do things that I'm not used to.

His question 'how much I love him?', wanted to answer that right away but I can't find the right words and enough courage to say it. If only he knows how much I love him. I love him so much that I don't think I can live anymore without him. That's how much he means to me.

Now, I'm feeling guilty. Jonghyun is doing everything to make me happy, while me, even his very simple request of being more affectionate, I can't do it. I guess, I have to try it now. He's totally right, he deserves a very affectionate love, and I should give it to him.

----

I let a few hours pass, letting the situation cool first, before I decided to call him. I dialed him a few times but he's not answering it.

It made me worry that he might be really mad right now so I just sent him a message.

[TO: Babo Jonghyun <3]

Hey Jonghyun...

I waited for a reply but i got nothing in response so i sent another message.

[TO: Babo Jonghyun<3]

Are you mad? Talk to me.

It seems like every second passing is so slow and it's making me nervous. Finally, a message came.

[FROM: Babo Jonghyun <3]

I'm not mad.

His short reply made me worry more. He's just denying but I know he is mad. His reply is too plain, compared to the text message he would always send, full of smileys.

I decided to call him and he pick up.

“Ne?”, he asnwered.

“Jonghyun. Let's talk.”

“We're talking right now, aren't we?”

I sighed. He really sound sulking.

“See? You're mad. I can feel it.”

“I said no. I'm not mad,”, he insisted in a cold tone of vioce

“No. Let's talk. You want me to go the--”

“No need. I'll just go there. Wait for me.”, he said then hung up.

I placed my phone aside and took a deep breathe.

'All i have to do now is wait for him to come....before everything changes'

 

After about just fifteen minutes, the doorbell rang. I quickly fixed myself, breathe in and out then headed to the door to open it. I saw an expressionless Jonghyun and he straightly went in when I widened the door. He walk to the kitchen and I just quietly followed him.

“Are you still mad?”, I asked while watching him as he scan the refrigerator for something to drink.

“I already told you, I'm not mad.”, he said, still in front of the open refrigerator.

'This is it Yerin! You can do it!'

I took a deep breathe, calming myself and removing all hesitations and shyness on me, then I walked behind him.

“Jjong...”, I called him sweetly as hug his waist from the back.

I felt him froze on his spot. Why not? This is the first time I ever called him on his nickname and take note: 'I said it with a bit of aegyo.'. And it's also the first time that I hugged him like that.

“Jjong sorry~”, I tightened my arms around his waist.

He didn't move for few seconds then after, he unattached my arms from his waist and slowly faced me.

“Who are you You're not Yerin.”, he said with disbelief expression.

I chuckled. “I'm Yerin.”

Slowly, a smile is forming on his lips while staring at me.

“What did you just call me? And what did you just do a while ago.”, he asked with a wide smile.

I smiled back and hugged him again.

“I know you're mad so sorry. Sorry for not opening up to you right away.”, I tightened the hug as I speak.

It isn't that embarrassing and as hard as I thought. Actually, I'm now comfortable doing this to him and I'm enjoying it.

I heard him chuckled and he hugged me back.
“I said I'm not mad. Do you think I can be mad at you just because of that small matter.”

I didn't answer and just enjoyed the hug we are sharing. I just realized that all this time, I also has a desire to hold him like this and be affectionate but it's the shyness that is holding me back. But now, I'll everything I want and also what he wants.

“I love you now...”, Jonghyun said.

I pouted and looked up at him.

“So that means that you didn't love me before.”

“No! I mean, that's not what I mean. I mean i love you MORE now.”, he corrected.

“Arasseo.”, I chuckled.

He chuckled too and walked forward, still with me hugging in front of him. He walked to the couch and he made me sat there, then he sat beside me.

“I'm so happy you changed. Having an Ice princess as my girlfriend is so hard and frustrating. Though I'll still love you even didn't changed.”, he said while my hair gently.

“Do you prefer this?”, I cupped his face and crumpled his cheeks playfully with my hands.

“Definitely.”, he held my hand and intertwined it with his before leaning forward and showered me with kisses everywhere on my face.

----

The whole afternoon was spent on talking and of course, a lot of skinship. Based on his wild smile, I can tell that he's really enjoying. I'm happy that now, I'm able to saitsfy Jonghyun's wants from now.

“Can't I stay for a few more minutes? “, Jonghyun whined when I'm pulling him to stand from the couch.

“That's the tenth time that you wished to extend your stay for a few more minutes but know you have to go home . C'mmon Jjongie.”, I said.

He chuckled, shook his head and finally stood up.
“Aigooo. Now you're using that aegyo of yours against me.”, He pinched my cheeks .

“Yes so go now. You need to go home and rest.”, I pushed him until the front door and opened it for him.

“Annyeong~”, I pushed him hard for the last time so he'd step out of the door already.

He twitched his lips and faced me.

“I love you Yerin.”

I grinned and racked my index finger back and forth, telling him to come closer.

He complied immediately complied and took a step closer to me. I eyesmiled and then hang my arms tightly on his neck.

“I love you too.”, I whispered and kissed his cheeks before letting go.

He smirked. “You know what? You're making me don't want to leave now.”

“No. You have experienced to much skinship today and you have reached your quota so it's enough. Go now.”, I shooed him with my hands.

“Arasseo. Bye”, He smiled and waved.

I watched him as he step in his car and waved at me for the last time. I just smiled and that smile lasted even though he already left.

I honestly enjoyed this change that I did. I didn't thought skinship will be this satisfying.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried to finish this chapter even though it's already 2 in the morning and I'm half-asleep so please bear with the typos and grammar mistakes.

Sorry for not updating much. MIANHAEYO.