Epilogue

Nevaeh

Peace was finally restored amongst Nevaeh, Earth and Hell.

Zhou Mi had kept his promised and eliminated Yesung. It wasn't an easy feat and took many years, but given Zhou Mi's status as both an Angel and a demon, his power weighed heavily over the previous leader.

When Yesung was finally killed, he spread word to Hyukjae, since he had never met Siwon to tell Heechul of his victory and that's when he received the news of her death.

It left him feeling bitter because she deserved a part of the celebration as well. After all, had it not been for her plan he would've been stuck in that hole for another 1,000 years.

Sitting on his throne he sighed, looking up at what seemed to be the ceiling for others but the skies of Nevaeh to him.

"You better be happy up there, sis."

 

Seven years had passed since the death of Heechul and Hangeng. It was Siwon who first felt the loss before Donghae felt it right after. Not a single eye was dry for the next few days.

Donghae was terribly depressed, but Siwon had been inconsolable for weeks. He couldn't keep anything down and his entire mood took a 180. After all, Donghae and Hyukjae lost an aunt and an uncle whereas he lost his parents in one shot. No warning or nothing. They in a great sense, abandoned him. Donghae had Hyukjae to console him, but Siwon didn't have anyone. No uncle, aunt, cousin, sister, brother nor lover. He was entirely alone. Even if he could ask Donghae for help, the man was emotional too.

And it wasn't until Donghae and him had a heart-to-heart that he fully understood that it was good for him to keep moving forward. Donghae too had lost many, if not more than Siwon. He lost both parents, twice, and now his uncle and aunt. With a few wise words he explained to Siwon that moving on doesn't mean forgetting or that you're trampling over the memory of the other, it means that you're strong enough to take what they've given you and use it to build yourself even higher.

For Donghae, he had done the same and used it to mend his relationship with Hyukjae. They hadn't separated and surely they didn't divorce, but there was a strain between them. After all, how many people have witnessed their lover come back to life? After they had made love (multiple times) neither knew what to say.

It wasn't until Siwon using what Donghae had taught him, locked the duo in a room to settle their differences. In the end, it was not because they didn't love each other and not because they felt awkward. The reason was the time of their separation, Hyukjae had been made a widow, in a sense they had divorced. Siwon pulled some strings and they were remarried, in Nevaeh. The angels who were still present wanted Donghae to be their king, but Siwon told them of what he had said to his father who told him that when needed Kangin will return. For now, with Zhou Mi in charge of Hell there was true peace throughout.

 

Eunhae's daily visit of Nevaeh was to the gardens where the tombs of HanChul and KangTeuk were.

"Do you think they suffered?" Donghae asked. Since he was declared deceased just a few years ago, he had lost the time to spend with Hanchul.

"I think they suffered since meeting each other, but that they made it work to the end." Hyukjae enclosed his hand around his lover as they glanced at the tombs belonging to their family.

"Are we ill-fated as well?"

Hyukjae shook his head and pulled Donghae into his chest. "We are not because of them. Through their sacrifice we are finally able to live in peace."

"I'm sorry Hyuk that you had to go through this alone. If I had not been so foolish back then, they could've, could've lived." Donghae sobbed towards the end of his speech. He had felt guilty for a bunch of things. Mostly because in believing that he could've changed his fate which would've kept Hanchul alive.

"You can't change the past, Hae. It was something Heechul reminded me of everyday she was here. Do you think she had not felt guilty as well? They both did, but no matter how many times they had apologized, the feeling was still there. I believe she was thankful for your decision because it allowed them to find peace with themselves. And even if losing you scares me to death, because of you so much has changed and for the better too. I love you Hae and I'm afraid I might be as selfish as they were to keep you."

Donghae snuggled into Hyukjae's arms and whispered, "I'm selfish too, Hyuk. But I will never regret loving you."

                                                              THE END.


a/n: Thank you all to those who have made it to the end! Sorry if it seems rushed, there really wasn't anything else to write. This was a quick summary. (I will be adding a note to this story after this to tell you some important things so please read that as well)