Home

Nevaeh

Heechul and Hyukjae returned home to find no one present. Heechul helped Hyukjae to sit on the couch as she ran to the kitchen to grab an ice bag for his swollen eye.

"Hold on Hyuk, we'll fix you right...up." Heechul dropped the ice bag in shock. Before her stood Donghae who had already healed Hyukjae.

Ready to burst into tears she ran and jumped into his arms hugging him tightly. "You're back, Hangeng did it! You're really back!"

He chuckled and held her close. "Yes I am, Aunt Chullie."

Extending back with her arms still gripping his shoulders, she twisted and turned his body to examine him. "You're really you right? No illusions, no tricks."

Donghae smiled. "It's really me."

Hyukjae could only watch the love of his life. When Heechul ran for the kitchen, Donghae had appeared before him, he frowned as he saw the various cuts and bruises marking Hyukjae and then lifted his hand over his face. A bright glow emitted and Hyukjae closed his eyes fearing blindness. He could feel the heat from Donghae's hand as it traveled downwards over his body and when it left, he realized he could open both eyes and there was no longer a stinging sensation.

But as he was about to hug the man tightly, Heechul appeared and he all he could do was sit there. He still didn't believe it himself and it scared him. He had lost Donghae several times already and he was fearful that holding on so tightly would lead to his demise again.

Yet what happened next changed those thoughts.

"Aunt Chullie, who is this man?"

Heechul laughed and playfully smacked Donghae's arm. "Don't joke around with me Hae, I'm ready to have a heart attac already."

Donghae furrowed his brows. "I'm serious, I don't know him."

Heechul looked down at Hyukjae who held his breath. "Stop playing around. It's not funny anymore! Hangeng was supposed to bring you back whole! What is this?!"

"I-"

Hyukjae quickly interrupted. He stood upright and slapped Donghae across the face. The latter stared at him wide-eyed, surprised at such a reaction.

"How can you lie to me Lee Donghae! I should punish you for this!"

Donghae broke out into a pout. "Why would you smack me though! I came back for you!"

Hyukjae growled causing Donghae to back up a few inches. "You left me alone! And now you want to crack jokes?! Is this a time to laugh? I thought I would never see you again, that it was all over and the rest of my life I would spend as a widower. This ring was all I had of you." He broke out into sobs. "A stupid piece of jewelry that means nothing to me if the person I love isn't here to represent my other half."

Heechul retreated a few feet away from the pair as she watched them break into tears. Donghae wrapped his arms around Hyukjae's neck as he pushed up on his toes and sobbed, all the while breathing in his scent. "I love you so much Hyukjae, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving you, I'm sorry for being so foolish about everything."

Hyukjae wrapped his arms around Donghae's waist. "You are a fool."

"A fool that's in love with only you, Hyukkie~"

Heechul smiled softly. It was too cheesy for her taste, but she understood the lovers perfectly. As she walked towards the kitchen, Hangeng appeared and she yelped before he covered .

"Come with me." He wrapped an arm around her waist and they left the area.

Hyukjae noticing Heechul's disappearance pulled Donghae closer to his waist. "You need to be punished."

"And what would that be?"

Hyukjae growled lightly and nibbled on Donghae's earlobe. "What do you think?"

 

"Why are we in Nevaeh, geng? I thought we were banned."

Hangeng sighed and intertwined his fingers with Heechul. "Kangin is no longer."

"What?! but Donghae-"

"He sacrificed himself again. Chullie do you think-"

Heechul swung around, their hands still intertwined as she hugged him with her other arm. "No, no, no, no, no, no." She mumbled into his chest. "It would never solve anything and Siwon-"

"Siwon is fine here my love. Why have those around us sacrificed and yet we haven't?"

Heechul peeked up from underneath her long eyelashes. "Will that really change anything?"

"I don't know, but look at how much tragedy has surrounded us."

Heechul's hand slid down Hangeng's back until it reached his hand and she held his hand tightly in hers.

"If we go, we do so together. But what about our boys?"

"They will be fine eventually. You and I will remain as spirits in Nevaeh, forced to dwell for the rest of eternity as our punishment."

Heechul smiled even as a single tar tear cascaded down her cheek. "Let's watch over them then."

With a last kiss they burst into thousands of tiny orbs that regrouped to form their spirit. Hangeng wore a white thin long-sleeved shirt and white trousers. Heechul wore a long white sleeveless gown. They held hands as they walked through Nevaeh.

Hanchul had given up their lives, to better those who were still alive.


a/n: ;__: this was to celebrate 100 subbies, but then I lost two and well they must've sensed that I would write something sad. Btw this has 1 more chapter. Prepare for the end.