Brother

Nevaeh

"Hello Zhou Mi"

Hyukjae's good eye widened as he stared in shock at the prison cell across from theirs. The man had wings like a bat, but they had a few white feathers dangling at the tips. His hair was dark brown and rugged as if he had chopped it himself. And he was tall, probably taller than all of them. Maybe 6 feet as he walked up to the rusted bars and glared back at them.

"I never thought I'd see you here, ." The words rolled off of the man's tongue so viciously that even Hyukjae winced.

Heechul sighed. "I see after all these centuries you still despise me."

The man raged against the bars, yanking them violently. "You left me here to rot! You and that bastard! You watched him put me here and you did nothing, absolutely nothing."

"I know, and I am sorry. Terribly sorry, but I need your help."

The man growled loudly and Hyukjae sat indifferent.

"Tell me why I should ing help you! I would rather rip the skin off of your bones and mail it to your son and husband."

Heechul gasped. "How-how could you have known that?"

"Rumors fly around here or didn't ya know?"

"Help me and I'll help you take the throne!"

Zhou Mi's eyes widened and then he grinned evily. "Now what makes you think I'll believe your words this time?"

'Because my nephew's husband is here and I wish to protect him."

Zhou Mi peered at Heechul and saw that behind her was a young man with bruises all over.

"If there's anyone I hate more than you, it's Yesung. I'm not entirely evil, that boy doesn't deserve the you two brought upon everyone. I'll help."

 

 

"Why are you doing this to me, Hangeng?" Kangin frowned.

They were standing in Nevaeh's gardens where his deceased wife and son were buried.

"I've told you already. We're going to get Donghae back."

"Yes and what of that boy whose body he has inhabited?"

Hangeng stopped shoveling and looked up. "You know better than I, that Baekhyun's soul was long gone before Donghae ever took over. Your son is a fighter, but are you as well?"

Hangeng resumed his shoveling and that's when Siwon hit something hard. "It's here!"

They continued and within a few minutes, they worked together to pull out the large silver coffin.

Kangin stared at it as his eyes watered. "I-I cannot do this."

"We need you, Kangin."

Siwon dusted off his hands. "Father's right, uncle. We'll need you to recall his soul."

Kangin bawled his hands and nodded. "I'll take a walk then."

Hangeng looked back at Kangin's retreating form and sighed. "He's been through it all, Siwon. It's best we give him as much time as we can spare."

Siwon passed his father a crowbar and together they loosened the cover. With their combined strength they pushed aside the cover until it fell off the side of the coffin.

Inside, lay a still Donghae. His skin was still flawless, not a single spot of decaying due to the power of Nevaeh's gardens. His blonde hair had turned a rusted orange color and was up to his shoulders. He wore a silver suit and his wings were an off-white. In his crossed hands lay his favorite flowers along with some baby's breath and a silver necklace with both his and Hyukjae's name engraved on it.

Siwon held back a sob and hugged his father tightly. It hurt to see the man he had loved so much so....quiet. Even if his expression was peaceful, Siwon wanted him back.

"Remember not to touch him, son. I'll go pick up the doctor and you can get Kangin."

Siwon nodded but his mind was elsewhere. He sat beside the coffin and gazed at Donghae's form. He wanted to touch him so badly, just to feel him, but then he recalled his father's words and retreated his hand beside himself.

"Just wait Donghae. We're getting you back."