Choices pt 1

Nevaeh

Heechul looked at Hangeng as he looked at her. Both sharing a moment of indecisiveness and concern for the both of them. They could only save one, but which one exactly?

"We cannot be selfish, Geng. Many over one. One never over many. We chose wrongly before and look at where we ended."

Hangeng's face stood stoic as tears cascaded down his cheeks. He already knew what to say and how to say it, he just didn't want to.

"Who are we to decide? We get our own happiness and freedom, but what about everyone else?"

"Geng please-"

"No. I already know. I just-how can we do this? How can we live with ourselves?"

Heechul laughed, but it was full of anguish. "The same way we always have since we first laid eyes on each other. Tell him, Geng."

The tears streamed down his cheek heavily as the burden and weight of what he was about to say filled his lungs, burning his chest and making it almost impossible to speak.

"K-kangin."

Heechul couldn't take anymore and broke down, crying over the body bloodied before her.

Michael turned away. "Are you sure?"

Hangeng looked at the body once more before nodding his head silently, unable to speak further.

"Very well. Kangin shall be saved, thus Nevaeh will be saved and demons will no longer reign free as it has been foreseen. I'm- I'm sorry for your lost, Hangeng."

Said man, cleared his throat and spoke, "Don't apologize to me. Apologize to his husband, Hyukjae."

Michael used his vision to see through the door where a sobbing Siwon sat on the floor holding a pale Kangin. When he couldn't find Hyukjae, he looked upstairs and found him sitting on the bed watching through the window in terror. He probably couldn't see from where he was, given that Heechul was blocking the body, but he still knew it was someone dead. He just didn't know it was his soulmate, Donghae.

Michael snapped his fingers and Kangin appeared in his arms. On the inside of the house, a sobbing Siwon realizes Kangin has mysteriously vanished and quickly runs out the house to join his parents when he finds his uncle in the archangel's arms.

"He will awaken soon, thus I am taking him to Nevaeh to take back what was ours for good. I will leave your parents to explain their decision to you."

Siwon walks closer to them. "Mom? Dad?" As the figure beneath Heechul's body slowly vanishes into thin air, Heechul falls to the ground clutching at the grass. "NO!"

"Who was that?"

Siwon observes his father's face, covered in tears and his mother's agonizing screams every few seconds and then realizes there is only one person missing: Donghae.

As he slowly comes to the realization, his face contorts into one of shock and he quickly backs away, but slips and falls on the ground sitting.

"Tell me that wasn't Donghae."

His parents stay silently crying.

"TELL ME THAT WASN'T DONGHAE!!" He screams in anger. It was loud enough to catch an observant Hyukjae upstairs whose eyes grow wide at the startling revelation. Siwon had recognized the gaping wound in Donghae's chest and realized it to be the same as Kangin's and that''s when it hit him.

Siwon crawls to his father as it starts raining heavily. He shakes him, screaming in his face. "It wasn't him, it couldn't be. I-I felt him! He was right next to me! Why would he sacrifice himself for me?! Why?!"

He sits back down as the rain hits all of them as if God too felt their pain.

Hyukjae on the otherhand had ran downstairs seeing all of them sitting insanely in the freezing rain. Even if they were supernatural beings, they could still very well get sick.

He grabbed the first umbrella he could find, and calmly walked outside.

"Hey! Hey you guys! It's freezing and you're getting wet, come inside, I'll make some hot chocolate."

They all stood silent as if they went deaf and blind. "Heechul? Hangeng? Siwon?"

Hangeng was the only one to stand up and walk towards Hyukjae. One of his abilities, as an Angel, was to pass images and thoughts onto another person. It was meant as a way of secrecy, to keep Demons and Dark Angels from finding out their battle plans, and as a way to quietly communicate with Heechul when necessary. But at the moment, it was going to be used for something entirely different. It was going to be used to show Hyukjae every single thing that had happened thus far.

He quietly approached him and grabbed the sides of Hyukjae's face gently pulling him into his arms as he whispered quietly, "Forgive me" before memories flashed one after the other before Hyukjae's eyes. From the choice that he and Heechul made, to Donghae's birth, the war, and everything in between up until a few minutes ago, Donghae's death. Hyukjae struggled, dropping his umbrella and screamed as the most terrible scenes filled his mind. He punched and squirmed against Hangeng's strong arms before collapsing out of exhausation.

"Forgive me, Hyukjae."