Stranger

Nevaeh

"Hyukkie! Hyukkie I'm home! And I brought some strawberries. Oh and peaches too, even though I know you hate them. Sorry it took so long, I got hassled again because I forgot to take my medicine. Ya know the one to hide my aura. Hyuk are you listening?"

Donghae didn't realize he was alone...again. For the last 3 months, Donghae had been going home to an empty house. Only this time it was noon, Hyukjae had been in the house before, and he didn't even remind him to take his medicine.

A very vital medicine. Hyukjae knows it's important. The last time he forgot they had demons knocking at their door and they had to move. This was their 2nd home, not even a month in and it already felt empty.

Donghae and Hyukjae have been married for over 4 years. Friends complimented on how blissful they seemed. But little did they know how much they've grown apart. Donghae has tried, but it seems as if Hyukjae is keeping some secret from him.

Donghae had bright short blonde hair while Hyukjae's was jet black.

See, he has the ability to sense if someone is lying. He didn't initially have it when they first met, but over the years it grew from a gut feeling to a sixth sense. An ability that he had yet to tell Hyukjae about.

"Hyukkie? aren't you going to help with the groceries?"

Hae had about 8 bags in total. 4 of which he was currently carrying and another 4 in the car. Entering the house and seeing the television off, when it was on before he left, he realized Hyukjae had left.

After retrieving the rest of the bags, Hae sought to unpack. As time passed he soon finished and was preparing dinner when his phone rang.

Every single day I try

"Hello?"

"Hey its your cousin Siwon!"

Hae with his apple apron sat on the stool near the kitchen counter. Excitedly responding "Wonnie! I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too. Where's that human scum of yours?"

"Wonnie. He's not scum, he's my husband, and currently somewhere else."

"Oh. Is he up to no good? You know I can handle him."

"You know you're not allowed to use your powers in front of humans!"

"I know, but where's the fun in that?"

Siwon is Donghae's cousin. Not an angel, no far, far from one. He was an element bender. Fire to be precise. Angels that reproduced with demons became benders; a demotion from Angel, but a step above demons. Oddly enough his mother happened to be the demon.

"Anyway I just called you up to let you know that I'll be coming over tomorrow and staying the week."

"WHAT!? Now you tell me! I have to tell-"

"Yada, yada, yada. Let pea brain find out on his own. As in when I show up with my majestic beauty."

Hae sighed. Hyukjae and Siwon never got along. Siwon called him 'human scum'. Hyukjae called him a 'pathetic wannabe' and that was the end of whatever friendship they could've formed.

"Alright. 10am sharp okay? You know I hate tardiness. I'll clean out the guest room."

"You mean for your husband right?"

"Haha. Very funny. Goodbye Wonnie."

"Goodbye my sweet Hae"