It's too late

Nevaeh

Hanchul moved quickly, returning to the house where the door was wide opened.

They looked at each other, mentally deciding to enter carefully, before Heechul spoke out loud, "I smell blood" and ran in.

"CHULLIE!" he yelled, following his lover.

There, laying in a puddle of blood was Donghae, while Hyukjae hovered over his body.

Hangeng stood frozen as his wife used her shadows to throw Hyukjae against the wall, holding him.

"YOU BASTARD!" She yelled, kneeling to pull Donghae into her arms.  "Oh no, oh no." She whispered. In her arms was a pale Donghae and a large gash on his chest.

"Fix him." She said. "FIX HIM!"

Hangeng couldn't do a thing. His nephew was lying lifelessely. He was speechless.

Hyukjae was the same. He didn't know what happened, one second he was dead and the next, Donghae was. It happened so fast, too fast, that he couldn't even fathom what just occurred.

When Hangeng finally got to his senses, he knew what to do. "Chullie"

She looked at him. Since they were mates, she knew instantly what he was going to do. "No. He won't be the same." She rocked Donghae's body in her arms.

"Chullie baby, I have to. He's not the same now. It's the only way."

"Can't you take some of my life! WHY!? WHY GENG!!" She sobbed, tar sizzling against her skin as she cried.

He sighed and responded lightly, "Demons and Angels cannot share energy, you know that."

She hugged Hae tightly, she too was now drenched in blood. "Take his then." She glared at Hyukjae.

"Chullie-"

"Take his! You can't take mine then take that ing human!"

Hangeng walked towards his wife who was using her shadows to constrict Hyukjae's airways and touched her forehead as she fell into his arms, unconscious.

He pulled Donghae away from her arms as he reached to grab her, placing her onto the couch.

He walked back and lifted Donghae, bridal style as he turned to face Hyukjae who had been released from her wrath.

"You should leave Hyuk. There won't be anything left."

Hyukjae didn't fully understand his words, but when Hangeng disappeared, he saw a single tear fly from the corner of his eye and he knew that Donghae might never return.

And at that moment, he truly blamed himself, so he sat down and watched Heechul sleep. He wanted to feel her wrath, he needed to.


a/n: relatively short chappie, I apologize! I added a new tag to warn people: Superangst.