Stay pt 2

Nevaeh

As Heechul and Hyukjae sat in their worries, Donghae was lost in Nevaeh.

He couldn't find the battlefield yet there were bursts of light everywhere he looked. Objects thrown around him and soon enough he was covered in sweat and dirt.

"I'm too late." He cried out, but kept going. His love for Nevaeh, his hope for his people and most of all, who he left back home all kept him walking through the chaos.

Running the best that he could, he ducked behind trees and whatever rubbish was scattered and big enough to cover him as he called out for his companions.

"Hangeng!"

"Siwon!"

"Anyone!?"

And then there was a large blast in front of him that threw his body backwards almost 50 feet. He coughed and spat away dirt...and blood.

In Nevaeh, one was highly aware of their bodies. It was almost a sixth sense. You could hear a pin drop and it would echo throughout your body. Only higher level Angels like archangels were able to control it. Others could only ignore it. Except when it came to pain.

Pain on Earth was nothing compared to Nevaeh. In Nevaeh, pain is magnified by 100. Even the smallest cut felt as if someone cut off your limb. This was a system created by God to ensure that Angels were stronger than Demons and to give them a higher control over pain so that no angel could ever be used by a demon to do their bidding.

Right now, Donghae had a large gash in his side from the explosion, because so much happened at once he didn't know what it was. All he understood was the constant stinging in his side that gave him a throbbing headache.

When he finally managed to make it onto his feet, his vision blurred for a second and somehow he flashed to a different location. It was as if his body moved on its own. He looked around and saw something he wished he hadn't seen.

Siwon and Hangeng.

He called out for them, but they couldn't hear him. Hell, he couldn't hear himself. Not with all the noise. There were demons and angels and dark angels fighting all around him. When he turned a sword sliced right through his neck from a lower ranked angel and that's when he realized: He wasn't there.

Not full body at least. He was having an outer body experience. At the moment, he was a spirit. In Nevaeh, your powers were a measure of your thoughts. Because he had been torn between saving Nevaeh and staying with his lover, his body was split the same as before when had been a dark angel. Except this time it was torn between two worlds.

And more than anything that scared him, but he didn't have time to think, not when he saw his family right ahead of him. So he used it to his advantage and even though it felt weird having beings run right through you and being cut and sliced and blasted without actually feeling anything, just a strange tingle, he kept going.

When he finally reached them, he held out his hand and grabbed onto Siwon's shoulder who gasped. It frightened him and he retreated his hand as Siwon looked around frantically, searching for his father, Hangeng who had been fighting with several demons. Then there was Kangin who was a few feet away from him, side-eyeing Siwon every few minutes because the look on his face expressed pure fear.

That scared him more. If he were having an outer body experience, surely touching someone close to you would have an effect right? And the fact that Siwon gasped meant he could feel him so why wasn't he back in his own body?

"Siwon? Can you hear me?"

"Siwon!?"

And that was when he felt a blast of cold air run through his body, knocking the air out of his lungs. He gasped and frantically reached for Siwon when he looked down and saw a large sword sticking out of his chest where his heart should be and most of all, blood dripping from the tip.

He looked back up to see Siwon's eyes wide and full of fear, but he wasn't looking at him. He was looking through him at who the sword struck. And when he turned, his heart stopped. Everything moved in slow motion, colored black and white.

......

...........

..................

"Dad"