Departing

Nevaeh

Kangin and Michael flashed up to Nevaeh as Hangeng stood behind asking for a few more minutes with his wife. Standing behind her, he held her shoulders tightly, ready to hold her if she were to breakdown.

"How are you holding up?"

She looked at him with eyes full of love, but looked back at Eunhae who were peacefully sleeping in their bedroom.

"It's the first time they've been together in months." She turned away and silently walked to the guest room that had been gathering dust for for the past few weeks.

He watched as she took her shoes off and slipped underneath the covers lifelessly.

As he walked closer to console her, he could hear sniffling, and chose to sit on the floor, his back up against the bed.

"I'm sorry Chullie. I'm sorry I have to leave you, but I promise I'll come back. Even if I'm on my last breath, my last words will be for you. I just love you too much to leave things in chaos. Forgive me."

Tears slid down his cheeks and they both stood silent for a few seconds before Heechul turned around quickly just as Hangeng had flashed away, leaving a single white feather behind. She grabbed onto it, holding it close to her heart.

"Geng..."

 

 

"Are we all ready?"

"Dad!"

"Yes sir, our army is small, but everyone is willing to give their best."

"DAD!"

"Excuse me, my son is calling for me."

Hangeng stood down from the white podium and walked over to his son, Siwon.

"I want to-"

"No" Hangeng interrupted. He knew what his son was asking for and he couldn't bare to lose him too.

"I'm old enough. All I need is your permission."

"And I said no!" He grabbed onto Siwon's shoulders. "I've already left your mother behind, do not make me do the same for you. At least I know she is alive and well, I do not know the same for you! It's too dangerous!" He let go and gently shoved him away while walking quickly to tell Kangin everything was ready.

"Regardless of what you've decided, I have to. I lost Aunt Leeteuk and because of me, we almost lost Donghae. This is my redemption."

"It will also be your death!"

"Then let it be!"

Hangeng turned sharply, his eyes wide, but angry.

"How can I face Him in the future if I'm the regret that fills my heart will burden me to hell!?"

Siwon dropped down on one knee. "I solmenly swear-"

"Don't-"

"-to fight with my life, to protect-"

"NO-"

"-Nevaeh and my loved ones-"

"STOP-"

"-with my heart, mind, and soul-"

SLAP!

"'-Amen."

Siwon got up, bowed towards Hangeng and walked away to join the army. The stinging sensation left on his cheek as a reminder of his pledge.

Hangeng reached out for him when Michael swooped down, his large white wings spanning out 15 feet.

"What are you doing? Kangin already gave the call, it's time. He wants us to join him."

Hangeng began to follow Michael, stopping briefly to look back at where Siwon once stood.

"Geng?"

"Oh I'm sorry."

"Something wrong? We can't have you distracted for the battle."

He shook his head. "No. I'm sure he'll be fine."

"He?"

"Let's go."


a/n: Sorry for the wait~ The battle will begin soon and I warn you: There WILL be casualities. It's war, you can't expect someone not to die :\