Blessing

Nevaeh

Waking up is hard to do. After sleeping so long, you can almost sense what will happen when you awaken.

That's what happened to Hyukjae after he woke up.

He could barely hear someone calling his name. White noise flittered through his ears and he woke up with a gasp. His lungs burned with every breath he took.

He could feel someone shaking his body, but it didn't register to him to move.

He could hear mumbled words like "...shock.....death..." but he couldn't pick up the meaning.

Needles prodded and pierced his skin. The clear liquid spreading throughout his veins and finally, everything was clear.

"Hyuk? Hyuk? HYUK!?"

Blinking his eyes rapidly to clear his vision, he saw it was Heechul.

"Are you okay? Thank goodness." He heard Heechul say and then slump back into the chair lying adjacent to the bed.

"W..wa..t..er.." Hyukjae tried to speak, but it came out raspy and burned his throat.

Heechul looked around, grabbed the water bottle on the dresser, opened it up and stuck the straw that was next to inside.

Lifting herself up, Heechul stretched to give Hyukjae some water to clear his throat.

"I was worried." Heechul exclaimed as he sat back down, crossing his legs; one over the other.

"I never really pay attention to the little details. I always just...know. When I first saw you, I knew this was coming. I knew you were one day going to lie to Hae, he would find out and it would blow out of proportion. But did you know that I never expected such an ending?"

Hyukjae gaped at Heechul, his mouth slowly opening. "W..w...wtha?" He could hear himself asking 'what?' but his mouth felt so dry and as if he hadn't talked for days.

"He was my nephew, Hyukjae. Having an Angel as a relative is not as common as it may seem to be. Especially one like Donghae. As a demon, we only know death, sadness, anger, betrayal; depressing emotions. But through him, I found acceptance. Through Hangeng, I found love and joy. You don't have many people like that, whether humans or angels. And definitely not in demons."

Hyukjae who recalled Donghae telling Heechul to 'stay out of his thoughts' started speaking in his mind.

'How long have I been here?'

"3 months."

And the heart monitor began beeping fastly.