Past Pt 2

Nevaeh

Donghae's past wasn't a happy one. It was filled with chaos and sadness. Something he had never told Hyukjae. All of his explanations detailed Nevaeh as a happy place, but it wasn't.

His father and mother were the King and Queen of Nevaeh. Donghae had everything he had ever wished for, except a happy family. It was full of turmoil.

Angels were at war with Dark angels. Centuries ago, they had made an agreement to stay out of one another's business, but after an Angel mated with a demon, the balance was torn to shreds.

Fights broke out everywhere and Donghae's mother, Leeteuk was growing more and more concerned about her own family.

Her husband was king afterall, it was his duty to keep the peace or at least keep things under control, but things didn't go as planned.

"Teukie?"

"Hmm my dear?"

"I've made a decision."

Leeteuk stared into her husband eyes. Being mates she could see what his thoughts were, as if he were an open book and only she had the power to read him.

"Don't Kangin. Please, I beg of you."

Kangin held his wife's hands in his own. "I must. It is my duty as King. I must protect the angels of Nevaeh and most importantly, my family. Donghae is but a child, his life will be in danger."

"If you leave we'll be vulnerable! The angels will be as well! How can you be so selfish?"

Leeteuk removed her hands from Kangin. "Selfish? How am I selfish Teukie? I am willing to sacrifice my life in exchange for yours."

"No." she exclaimed, standing up from her throne. Facing him she said, "You cannot leave us. I won't allow you to abandon your family! They are without souls. Lost spirits."

"Exactly! They're lost, please my dear allow me to defend Nevaeh."

Tears spilled from her eyes as her husband wrapped his arms around her back, craning his neck to lean on her shoulder. "I love you Leeteuk, I will come back for you, Donghae and the other angels."

She didn't move. She was frozen with fear, shock and bitterness. Her eyes dulled and as Kangin pulled away to join his army, the first feather fell.

 

He came back in a coffin several years later. Scratches marred his face, bruises coated his arms, chest and legs, blood was everywhere, and the phrase, "Darkness comes to all" etched into the skin on his chest.

It was then that the last feather fell.

Donghae was 14 when his mother became a Dark angel.

 

Leeteuk vanished from the kingdom leaving a solemn Donghae. Her last words still echoing throughout, "One day Donghae will join me and you will all pay dearly."

The elder angels were left without a choice and acted selfishly. They sent Donghae to Earth when he was 15, not for his own safety, but for theirs.

They couldn't face up to their actions, so to cover up they gave the boy a fake task "heal the boy". It was nonsense and had no meaning, but the innocent Donghae would never suspect them.

With their king dead, the queen a dark angel preparing for revenge and their prince sent to live with humans. Nevaeh fell apart. Most converted into dark angels, while the good ones fled for their lives to try and rebuild.


a/n: ZOMG gomennn~ I updated so late -.- (well 2 days, but that's still late for me) another chappie is in the works~