Hunger

Nevaeh

"Dammit Aiden! Strike harder!"

Leeteuk rubbed her temples. It had been 2 weeks, Donghae was a dark angel, but it seemed as if he was holding back. His strikes were...calculated as if not to kill the person, but simply harm them.

"Aiden come here."

She grabbed onto his shoulders, looking into his eyes. There she could see was a speck of light and she had to destroy it.

"What are you holding onto?"

Donghae's eyes for the most part were lifeless, his face as expressionless as when he spoke. "Nothing mother."

Sighing she responded, "Proceed and remember to aim for their hearts. You have the power of water. The human body is made up of mostly water, use that to your advantage. If you can't kill them, control their bodies to do your bidding."

Donghae simply nodded and returned to practicing on the humans Leeteuk had kidnapped.

Leeteuk was disappointed to say the least. He was still holding back, even after she had given him the speech.

"It's not working as well as I thought. Even as his mother, he's not listening. He's holding onto something, if we could-"

"You need to get inside his head. Whatever he's hiding, the darkness still covers most of him so it shouldn't be hard to find it."

Leeteuk looked at the mystery person. "And when I do, what will your plans be afterwards?"

"To destroy it. Plain and simple."

They both laughed evily.

"He will be on our side by any means necessary and we shall wipe out those angels and enslave the rest."

 

"Dnnn....dnnn...no....no....dnn...NO....NO....DONGHAEE!"

Hyukjae shot up from his bed, forehead damp from sweat and breathing heavily.

It was the 5th nightmare in a row. Everyday he dreamt about a man he now knew as Donghae, a man he learned was his husband, being hit by a car....

The door shot open. "What's wrong!?"

Hyukjae sighed. "Aunt Heechul, where's Donghae?"

And everyday he forgot that Donghae was no longer....

 

"We need to do something Geng, this cannot continue. It's been a month!"

"His memory is sketchy. He remembers during the morning, but forgets at night. We can't leave him alone."

Heechul sighed heavily drinking a sip of her tea. "We can leave him with Siwon, we have to search for Donghae. Leeteuk may have given birth to him, but she's not his mother anymore."

"I'm not entirely sure about that."

Heechul faced Hangeng looking him in the eyes. "You don't want to leave Hyukjae with Siwon?"

"They have a bad history with each other. A history that at this point only Siwon remembers."

The cup broke. Heechul was angry. "Are you calling our son a murderer? That just because he's half demon he'll kill Hyukjae for Donghae?"

"Calm down Chullie..."

"No you calm down. As much as Siwon may be jealous of Hyukjae, killing him would kill Donghae. He loves him too much for that."

Hangeng picked up the broken cup to throw it away. "You're right Chullie, I...I overreacted."

She got up to sit by the window again, it was becoming her favorite nighttime habit. "Damn right I am. We should tell Siwon in the morning before we leave."

"Tell me what?"

Both turned. "Wonnie, we're planning on tracking Donghae so you must stay with Hyuk as he recovers."

"No way mom."

"Excuse me?" She sat up.

"I love Donghae. I'm not just going to sit here and babysit a grown man!"

"Don't you raise your voice at me young man!" She pointed her finger. "It's too dangerous for you, Leeteuk is unpredictable. I won't put you in a position that will ruin our plans! She can and will use you as leverage to kill all of us."

"But-"

"No buts Siwon. Your mother is right." Hangeng went to stand by his wife, wrapping an arm around her waist to cool her down. "You will only be in the way."

Siwon looked at the ground feeling worthless as he mumbled, "When do you leave?"

"At dawn."

He looked up shocked, "That's 6 hours from now!"

The couple looked at each other then looked back at Siwon. "We know, but it's been too long. Leeteuk was the one who wiped Hyuk's mind and the only one who can fix it back is either her, which ain't happening or Donghae, which we have a better chance."

"Have you told Hyukjae?"

Heechul walked forward, hugging her son tightly. "No. And for this and that, I'm sorry. But the more time we waste, the less we have of saving him. You forgive me hmm?"

Siwon hugged his mother as his father moved in as well. "Yeah, just be safe and don't come back empty handed."

"Alright."

"Mission: Save Donghae has begun."