Goodbye

Nevaeh

When Hyukjae woke up, it felt as if his world lost all meaning. Everyday that passed felt....empty. But even then there was a strange calmness that ran through his body. He knew Donghae was gone.

He resented Hangeng and Heechul for months on end and even now he was bitter. He cut off all ties with them. He just...couldn't take it. He woke up so alone and it killed him. But they didn't mind. They were saddened because they too lost Donghae, but knew it was their decision that left him six-feet-under.

The only reminder that was left of Donghae was the wedding ring that still adorned his ring finger. He never took it off, couldn't bare to remove it. Girls would throw themselves at him, but he never paid them any mind. He simply flashed his hand and they knew instantly to back off. What they didn't know was that he was a widower.

Widower. That word haunted him. It was like waking up with a smile only for every bad thing that could possibly happen, happen to you.

Widower. His deepest regret. That he didn't spend enough time with Donghae. That he ignored him one too many times, didn't play his favorite game, The Game of Life. That he didn't watch Christmas themed movies and eat popcorn with him. That he didn't go to the amusement park and ride on the ferris wheel like he had begged him a hundred times to do so, even going as far as to use his puppy dog eyes.

Widower. He wasn't sure if the title left a bitter taste on his tongue or was it because he created it. Either way, it was there.

The last time Heechul had tried to talk to him, it was to explain the condition that Nevaeh was in and that Kangin wished to meet his son-in-law. But he couldn't do it. Kangin understood, but Heechul backlashed and told him to keep family near. He slammed the door in her face and went back upstairs. What was the point? The only family he would ever want was Donghae. And that dreamed was killed months ago.

Staring at himself in the mirror, he grew angry. He looked awful and pitiful. It was no wonder everyone looked at him with sad eyes at his job. Oh yeah his job, he now worked in some crappy law firm. He wasn't happy, but it paid the bills.

He didn't know what to do anymore. So his final option was to get pissed drunk and...kill himself. His brain was running on ends and it was the only thing that made sense.

If Donghae was an angel and he killed himself, wouldn't Kangin allow him to enter Nevaeh? Wouldn't he be able to see how desperate Hyukjae was and allow him to see Donghae?

He slapped himself. It was the stupidest idea he ever came up with, Donghae was gone for good. He was dead. Dead souls don't go to Nevaeh. They just...go. Still, if he killed himself he too would be considered a dead soul, but would they meet at the same place?

 

Maybe it would be the same outcome, that Donghae would come to save him once more. Either way, he had to take a chance.

 

He pulled the mirror, revealing a razor behind it. As he grabbed the blade, deja-vu hit him, burning the back of his eyes. This was the second time....hopefully the last. He took in a shallow breath and sliced horizontally against his wrist. Then did the same to the other one. Crimson blood slowly seeped, as the blood dripped onto the tiled floor. He kept breathing shallowly as his vision swirled.

Donghae.

D....o....n....g....h.....a....e. The name of his lover now deceased was whispered through dry, cracked lips. He tumbled onto the floor laying on a heap of his own blood.

A flash blinded him and the last thing he saw was a man glowing with wings.

 

"Not today Hyukkie."



a/n: oh mah gawd. I wrote this chapter like 3 weeks ago and I forgot to update it. T_T I am such a fail this month. Mianhae.